Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girls' Last Tour
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 2, 2017 12:19 AM
Jan 2015
Well, "life is something that has an end" is basically what Casshern sins are about. Didn't expect it in this anime, but well. It continues to deliever.
Dec 2, 2017 12:38 AM

Dec 2016
Definitely an interesting and intriguing episode. I really like the robot dog thing!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 2, 2017 3:55 AM

Feb 2011
The big robot didn't have empathy for the fish, so it was destroyed for being only a machine blindly executing orders.
Sounds like natural selection, the small robot was helped and managed to live longer because of it having something like empathy.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 2, 2017 4:18 AM

May 2015
When the OP is skipped, that episode is usually important/just really good. This episode was definitely the latter. Best episode so far, for sure. I actually teared up a bit near the end.

Dec 2, 2017 5:19 AM

Jan 2015
Easily anime of the season
Rance X is A GOAT.
Dec 2, 2017 5:30 AM

Jun 2016
Dang that there's no OP, but there's an ED with a very eerie sound. Dang. Dang.

Yet again, I was so scared for my two babies that that big-ass machine will harm them.

Ohmygod. A talking robot. And I swear it's voiced by Yuki Kaji. It sounds a lot like him. I hope I'm not wrong. Hihi. I just love Kaji-kyun.

Yuuri asking Chi if the fish they ate was one of the fishes in the facility messed me up. They ate the other fish that still lives in their country or on earth. Lmao. And there's one left. Dangit.

Seeing Chi wearing a baby bra and struggling to swim. Waaaah. And Yuuri didn't seem to care for her drowning at first. Hahaha. Yuuri, you bastard!

Why is it them killing/destroying that big-ass machine just to save that probably the one and only fish left on earth hurt my heart? Jeez. Robots are literally one of my weaknesses--of course the good robots, not the evil ones. And I got scared when that nice robot is negotiating with the big-ass machine to not destroy the place because there's a chance that big-ass machine will shoot him or something. Jesus. Glad it didn't happen.

Such a great episode, yet again. Ugh. So so gooood. Long live, Nice Robot-san and sakana. 5/5. <3

P.S. If anyone of you knows SOMA (the video game), let me say that this episode gave off a lot of SOMA vibes.
P.P.S. That soundtrack while Yuuri is planting that explosive on the big-ass robot. Jesus, maaan.

Mascera said:
Already laugh at that "What if that robot come toward us and say Hello?" part. xD

And that nice robot did. Hahaha. The timing made me snort. Jesus.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 2, 2017 5:31 AM

Jun 2017
This may be the only show in years where I never skipped the OP. Sigh.

Dec 2, 2017 5:48 AM

Jan 2014
10/10
Human, Empathy, AI, City, bug, failure, destruction, evolution, life, creation, blah blah
This and Blame now are my all time favourite!!
Dec 2, 2017 6:35 AM

Sep 2011
Absolutely fantastic episode from start to finish.

I was hoping they'd use the OST from the PV at some point and they finally did so in the ED, which was a great spot to place it.
Dec 2, 2017 7:02 AM

Jun 2015
The philosophical discussions in this show are great.
Anime gets better and better, I don't understand how it's still below 8.00.
Dec 2, 2017 7:26 AM

Aug 2014
Not many shows can make you feel for a Metal Gear.
Dec 2, 2017 7:26 AM

Jan 2013
The fact that this show is episodic really lends itself to showing people episodes without them knowing anything about it. 10/10 episode.

illivinni said:
Those who see this as a fanservice should start to drink bleach routinely, it helps you to cleanse your mind.
Exactly.
Dec 2, 2017 8:37 AM
Nov 2014
To all those who said that there's fan service, you're completely wrong.

The nude scene is pretty necessary and fundamental to the whole discussion of the episode. Yuu can run around naked while Chii couldn't simply because they have different viewpoints of what consitutes life. Yuu couldn't empathize with a robot, while Chii can, which explains why Chii felt embarassed to be naked in front of a "living being".

This difference in viewpoint plays out later in the second half of the episode, where Yuu wasted no time in her decision to destroy the big "lifeless" robot in order to save a living fish, while there is still some hesitance in Chii. Again, Yuu's priorities are in a living thing (the fish) and couldn't empathise with a lifeless robot, while Chii still considers the big robot as some sort of living creature in its ability to communicate with the small robot.

A show well done to discuss existentialism. 10/10
Dec 2, 2017 9:44 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. Chi and Yuuri discover a facility that used to inhabit fishes and robots that take care of them. And while they question what life exactly is they realize that even robots can have some qualities that are equal to humans such as empathy. Also glad the fish is still alive. :D

Dec 2, 2017 12:33 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
When the OP was skipped, i knew shit would be something else and boi did it deliver.
This is my favorite episode so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 2, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2015
Easily one of my favorite episodes so far. I love how this show is able to build up Chi and Yuri but also introduce new characters and make you be able to empathize with them.

The designs and world in this are so great. We're only getting vague answers and that's really all we need, but I wish i could see a lot more of this world. The building apparatus is amazing right down to the great sound of its steps. Even for how intimidating it is, I still felt empathy and feels at the end.

Great ep all in all.
Dec 2, 2017 4:06 PM
Oct 2017
HenshinDrift said:
At the last scene after credit where the robot was fixing something, is that supposed to mean anything?

I took it to be about life (no matter the form) continuing to do its best to keep existing.

Another beautiful episode.
Dec 2, 2017 4:15 PM
Apr 2010
footmaster said:
As usual, another great episode.

I love how they discussed about being "alive" and the word "empathy", which was really executed very well in this episode.

Love the sound effects and the background music in this anime.

It was touching and sad at the same time, especially when they had to destroy the big robot in order to save the fish. :(

Their facial expressions when they first saw the big robot was gold. XD

What are the kanjis on the tanks?
I can only read Fire
Dec 2, 2017 4:18 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yuu surprisingly is asking some interesting questions this time. The machine debate though was interesting though. Its funny how the situation that Chi denied ever will happen actually did with the appearance of a robot that greeted them. But to think that they will encounter one though. Still this robot though is a good source of knowledge for Chito though. Kinda sad that only one fish remains alive in this facility though. Even without humans i guess the robots who maintain the infrastructure will not care though. Hmm surprisingly Chi can't swim then. A robot that has empathy programmed in how interesting. So a bug caused the city to be dismantled then. Yuu can be surprisingly brave when she needs to though. This episode was actually pretty deep and had a pretty interesting theme. Life after all means more than just organic beings after all and even the robots also count as living things too. This robot though sure was interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2017 4:55 PM

Feb 2013
Fishy!

Beautiful episode yet again.
Chito sinks.
Dec 2, 2017 5:33 PM

May 2017
Damn, this had a bittersweet ending. The discussion about life was enthralling, and I just about cried as the robot wished them luck and the girls left. Just, wow. The question of "what is life?" was very powerful.
Dec 2, 2017 7:23 PM

Mar 2013
TrashDax said:
The philosophical discussions in this show are great.
Anime gets better and better, I don't understand how it's still below 8.00.
Some people wait until they've watched the entire show to rate it. Expect the rating to spike once it's over.
Tarotist said:
Apparently the tanks were being cleansed with dank weed. Then again, Chi seeing her life flashing before her eyes might have been used as an allegory or something.
It's the exact same dream she had after they ate the first fish. That only made the scene of Yuuri rescuing her better, in my opinion.
Dec 2, 2017 10:35 PM

Apr 2015
Tenser, tighter and better episode, probably best one yet.
Dec 2, 2017 11:33 PM

Jun 2017
Great fanservice. Just like this:

Dec 3, 2017 3:28 AM

Mar 2017
I love how this show gets so deep and philosophical, yet also does humor really well. Even as a more melancholic episode, it still had a good balance. The sound design never fails to impress too. That noise of the large robot in the beginning was very unsettling.
Dec 3, 2017 4:40 AM

Nov 2013
How could they make saving a fish so meaningful and melancholic? Machines, fish, and humans are all alive. Best episode so far imo. BGM did really well too
Dec 3, 2017 6:06 AM
Dec 2012
Wow, what an intriguing episode.
Dec 3, 2017 9:17 AM
Jan 2017
one of my favourite episodes so far for a couple of reasons. 1. yuki kaji's voice acting haha 2. this ep had such a sinister undertone, with the absence of the op and ed (which is kinda sad cuz I love them) 3. the exploration of what it means to be alive is so on point, something that many have tried to do, and yet girl's last tour gives us a new take on it! i absolutely loved it <3
Dec 3, 2017 10:54 AM

Nov 2016
This episode was just great in terms of themes, feeling and fun factor.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 3, 2017 1:26 PM

Aug 2012
vanetz said:
"What if a machine walked up to you and said 'Hello?'"
"That'll never happen"
Minutes later: "Hello"

[Yuu is evolving!]
[Yuu has learned 'Empathy']

That part cracked me up. But then this episode made me think about life and that i should treasure and enjoy it more.
Dec 3, 2017 2:13 PM

Jul 2009
Another great episode! Yuu trying to save the fish she wanted to eat so much was unexpected!
Dec 3, 2017 8:46 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
I thought episode 5 was the best episode of the series, but I was wrong! The OST from when Yuu planted the bomb to Chi detonating it was astounding, I almost teared up and it's from someone who's not alive... or somewhat alive. I'll never get tired watching this over and over again.

5/5 episode
Still 10/10 series
Dec 4, 2017 12:11 AM

Sep 2017
It was a very emotional episode tbh, you don't often get that kind of questions like "what is life?", "what's being alive mean?" too deep to comprehend in their world setting, others kill others just to be alive in old age, and being alive means that you're experiencing the same thing those girls are currently right now, they don't really have a motive, just wandering around their world finding interesting things, and turning the series into a very deep show ...

overall it's a very deep episode that many viewers often think hard about it and making a discussion about it ...
Dec 4, 2017 1:26 AM

Oct 2008
The OST of this series is really so heavenly majestic it make my hair strands on my skin creep-out! lolz
Automaton is VA kajikaji
So if they had that kind of talking machine that has an AI who thinks like a person and then that timeline must be very futuristic maybe 2200 post-apocalyptic set-up.
4/5.

Dec 4, 2017 1:38 AM

May 2010
Damn pretty damn powerful episode. Esp. Yuuri learned something valuable this episode I think. Robot was a good character.
Dec 4, 2017 7:23 AM
Jan 2017
First of all fan service is not inherently bad. Granted in a show that is mostly safe for family, I can see how it can ruin it. That being said she was not sexualized, just naked. So IDK if I call it fan service, and that coming from someone who don't mind sexy loli. Granted they might actually be adult considering they were not censored for drinking and she has a big rack.
Dec 4, 2017 12:04 PM

Jun 2017
What? Without dabbing this time?

I liked the episode name display, it's like they are summarizing what the episode is about with all the life forms envolved. A great episode since the tension in encounter with a giant robot and new lives until the philosophical discussions.

...And Yuu almost killed Chi. "Accidentally" this time.
hikikomoriMK-IIDec 4, 2017 12:40 PM
"The Stairs to Adulthood May Not Always Lead Up" - Gintama.: Porori-hen - episode 1
Dec 4, 2017 12:35 PM

Feb 2011
hikikomoriMK-II said:
I didn't feel like the little robot had empathy with the fish, is more like a main objective, i guess. And maybe its empathy was like interpret human speech and identify emotions, this didn't mean that it necessarily had feelings. But is a futuristic setting, so may i'm wrong.

A robot is a robot, 99,999% none of them had human empathy, what i meant was that the little robot managed to reproduce empathy in a way to make other persons (yuu and chii) care for him and his objective(fish).

The difference between the little robot and the big one was that the little one managed to have the humans on its side, while the big robot didn't manage to make its objective important for the humans (the big one didn't even take into account the presence of humans there).
So the humans ended helping the little robot, and disregarding the objective of the big one.

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 4, 2017 1:30 PM
May 2012
Great episode. Really impressed how show that simple and light at first glance can send some meaningful and deep message about world, life and all that stuff.
Dec 4, 2017 6:15 PM

Jul 2009
this one hit me dammm hard
Dec 4, 2017 8:02 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
That's pretty existential. Best episode yet, no question.

DIdn't realize how weird it would be to hear Kaji Yuki speaking with a mostly flat, robotic voice. But even weirder to hear him speak in keigo. I don't think I've seen him in a single title where his character used keigo. Eren and keigo just don't go together, after all.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Dec 4, 2017 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
Watching this ep has finally made me realize a major problem with this anime:
The color pallete is dull.
The background designs look freaking awesome. But the only colors are black and gray. It's absolutely dull.
Dec 5, 2017 1:11 AM

Dec 2009
matias067 said:
So if they had that kind of talking machine that has an AI who thinks like a person and then that timeline must be very futuristic maybe 2200 post-apocalyptic set-up.
It's 3230, it shows whenever they're using the camera, like when Chii photographs the fish. Interestingly, this episode in particular apparently takes place on the 24th of December. I wonder about the significance of that...

TheHopefulOtaku said:
Watching this ep has finally made me realize a major problem with this anime:
The color pallete is dull.
"Problem"?
FireballStarfishDec 5, 2017 1:16 AM
Dec 5, 2017 1:50 AM

Feb 2017
TragicRomance said:
Damn pretty damn powerful episode. Esp. Yuuri learned something valuable this episode I think. Robot was a good character.

yuu has learned how to kill another life forms😎
Dec 5, 2017 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
@FireballStarfish

Yeah, a problem. I don't understand what you mean by just putting that word in quotations.
Dec 5, 2017 7:44 AM
Jul 2011
@TheHopefulOtaku
The dull color palette is on purpose - countering the silly and funny antics of Chito and Yuuri.
It reminds that there is a slow apocalypse going on, the world is dying and the humanity has declined.

By the way great show with the same title - Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Humanity Has Declined).
Dec 5, 2017 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
megaload said:
@TheHopefulOtaku
The dull color palette is on purpose - countering the silly and funny antics of Chito and Yuuri.
It reminds that there is a slow apocalypse going on, the world is dying and the humanity has declined.

By the way great show with the same title - Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Humanity Has Declined).

I understand what the purpose of the color palette is.
But I've seen other series with the same dark tone conveyed with FAR more interesting color palettes.
Angel's Egg mixes in dark blue to give a nightly feel to its setting.
Texhnolyze uses brown, bright white, in its dirt-poor setting.
Dec 5, 2017 1:02 PM

Dec 2009
TheHopefulOtaku said:
Yeah, a problem. I don't understand what you mean by just putting that word in quotations.
Well, back at you: I don't understand what about this is a problem.
Few shows use such a repressed color palette, but that's a stylistic choice. Of course it is dull; that's the whole point. The show is set in a dead, empty post-war world of concrete, metal and snow, resulting in a palette of mostly brown, gray and white. In addition, a lot of the show takes place at night or in poorly lit rooms. This isn't always the case though: apart from a couple sunset scenes (which are naturally orange but still quite monochrome), the final scenes of episodes 2 and 4 for example stand out by using noticably more vivid colors.
Dec 5, 2017 3:07 PM

Nov 2014
Deep deep episode, best episode so far.

Dont know why but teared a little at the end, the sound of the robot at the end doe..
Dec 5, 2017 3:09 PM

Jun 2017
As to the choice of palette: one might as well complain that there are too few characters. Of course it's a conscious decision on the part of the director (it's not like reducing the palette makes it easier or cheaper to produce). Whether it is successful or not is another matter. I think it is, in the sense that the post-apocalyptic landscape of an over-industrialized culture would look and FEEL just like that. Practically all the vegetation has died. Cherry blossoms - none.

They could have made the girls' memories, dreams and fantasies brighter, to set a contrast with their surroundings. They chose not to. I think that was right, because it's not only the outside but the girls' inside that is colorless. They don't know anything about plants, fish, music etc.

Of course I like seeing bright colors that set a totally different mood. But that's my own preference, for a world as it should be. As it is, the palette helps me feel sorry for the fact that they are condemned to live (or rather survive) in a world that has been stripped of lots of things that make life worth living, and are not even aware of that.

I may go so far as to say that all the colors and feelings and life are there, only you're supposed to evoke them.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2017

124 by ReganDesu »»
Yesterday, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

128 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 17, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2017

142 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 12, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

158 by ReganDesu »»
Apr 9, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Oct 2, 2017

254 by kyuubeesh »»
Apr 7, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.