Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Mar 18, 2008 5:11 PM

Mine would be SH3. I liked how it was linked to the first game, and the atmosphere was great :3

Mar 19, 2008 8:07 AM
i like all of them but i do see what u mean about sh3 wish i could get the one on the psp
Signature Removed. Please read the General Forum Guidelines regarding signature size.

Jul 15, 2008 10:58 AM

Arisa-san said:
Mine would be SH3. I liked how it was linked to the first game, and the atmosphere was great :3

ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I AM A Natsume Maya , Ryo Mimasaka, Natsume Aya, Tsubame no Simca, Sumeragi Kururu Holic.

Oct 8, 2008 12:37 PM

Oct 21, 2008 1:59 PM
Definitely "silent Hill".
I also really liked "Silent Hill 3" and "Silent Hill 2"

Oct 22, 2008 2:36 AM

1. SH2 - because the plot is a MASTERPIECE + the best music ever + the most interesting characters + the best creatures + really good riddles + the town design + disturbing atmosphere of silence.

2. SH4 -only because of great story of Walter Sullivan and 21 sacraments [the plot is always most important for me]

3. SH3 - the best graphic design of creatures & locatons + the most interesting locations + my personal sympathy, in spite of hardly rousing plot.

4. SH1 - the most scary game + great characters such as Lisa of Kaufmann, however, I didn't fancy the plot as much as in other games.

5. SH0 - the best riddles ever (thank you, Climax!) + interesting and sad story of Travis' family + well done town design + interesting locations (motel, sanitarium, theatre)
-SH0 makers introduced quite much of plot mistakes (in order to SH1)
-something's missing in the atmosphere of game. KONAMI...come back!

Nov 6, 2008 11:50 AM

Silent Hill 3 because it was more action oriented and more innovative than the rest. In addition to the gameplay of Silent Hill3, it had the best character models with 6000 pixles in every single character. Character graphics were amazing for a game on ps2 backthen. I also liked Heather because she's one of the few strong female heroines who aren't ridiculously over powered and natural.
Silent hill 2 had the best story because it was about euthnasia. It also had the best environment.
Silent hill 4 had the best game concept because the demon exorcism quest and the way to kill demons was very addictive. The story was okay although it was a stephen King room 1417 and the movie The Ring's rip off.
Silent Hill 1 is the game that introduced me the series.

Jan 26, 2009 8:30 PM

1. SH2
2. SH1
3. SH4
4. SH3

I do not plan on playing Homecoming nor Origins

Feb 1, 2009 1:37 PM

SH2 had the best plot (one of the few games with a dedent plot) but SH3 had the best art, environments, creepiness etc... so it gets my vote.

Jul 26, 2009 1:52 AM

SH4 and Origins

Oct 13, 2009 3:17 PM

3 closely followed by 2. 2 has plot and music superiority whilst 3 has better creature designs, gameplay and Heather.

Oct 15, 2009 11:43 AM

Silent Hill: Origins. :D

Oct 28, 2009 8:33 PM

Silent Hill 2 is definitely my favorite. Between the music, the visuals, the characters and, quite simply, everything else about the game I believe it is the purest, truest version of Silent Hill, that it really encapsulated everything that the creators meant the franchise to be. I really can't find any flaws in this game -- save for a few spotty moments in the voice acting. And the controls. Omfg, the controls make me want to kill kittens.

Silent Hill 3 is in second place (definitely the scariest of the games), with Silent Hill and Silent Hill 4 in a tie for third.

I try to ignore the existence of Origins and Homecoming. Americans really can't help but screw everything up when they get their hands on some foreign franchise. I mean, Origins wasn't terrible -- they managed to mostly stick to the overall message and feeling of the previous games -- but Homecoming killed my hope that any more worthwhile Silent Hill games will be made.

Thanks to Sugoi-Otaku for her help!

Nov 28, 2009 11:55 AM
1: SH4
2: SH
3: SH2
4: SH3

Dec 15, 2009 10:15 PM

Silent Hill 3, Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2.

Silent Hill 4 was awful imo.

I have yet to play Origins or Homecoming, can't wait to get Shattered Memories for the PS2 though.

Jan 3, 2010 11:25 AM

Have to say, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories was great. haha.
Modified by Spooky13, Jun 28, 2010 7:23 AM

Jan 3, 2010 11:46 AM

My choice would be:

no1 - Silent Hill 2 Epic game (tics all the boxes and more)

no2 - Silent hill 3 Heather (thats all u need^^)
no3 - Silent hill 1 Classic (its first and its awesome)
no4 - Silent hill 5 Awesome game (SH series is back from the dead)

Very long and deep space of nothingness

no5 - Silent hill 4 HUH??? WHAT??? (still a good game but at times a bit dodgy)

Jan 3, 2010 8:00 PM

Yasha_Hikari said:
I try to ignore the existence of Origins and Homecoming. Americans really can't help but screw everything up when they get their hands on some foreign franchise. I mean, Origins wasn't terrible -- they managed to mostly stick to the overall message and feeling of the previous games -- but Homecoming killed my hope that any more worthwhile Silent Hill games will be made.

Looks like I'll be retracting that last sentence. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is incredibly awesome and definitely tied with Silent Hill 3 for second place in my rankings of Silent Hill games. I just marathoned it seven times in the past three days. So, so good.

Thanks to Sugoi-Otaku for her help!

Jan 18, 2010 11:40 AM

SH2 was the most emotional for me, and the most scary by far. Beautiful story, beautiful soundtrack, beautiful PYRAMID HEAD =D

SH3 comes in a close second. Heather was a brilliant protagonist.

Looking forward to playing Shattered Memories when it's out here in the UK. I've only seen the trailer so far and I LOL'd at 'I'm Dahlia'
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

Sep 30, 2012 7:12 AM

Personally, I prefered SH2. The plot was amazing and amazing protagonist. I could really connect with James' thoughts at times. Very touching. As in most SH games, the monsters were very symbolic and gave the plot a great, final touch. Also, the soundtrack was amazing.
Can you face your fears?

Dec 11, 2012 2:00 PM
Wow I'm not sure if I can really choose my favourite, because they are all amazing games and I just askasdf-

SH2 gets the first place, I think. I absolutely loved the story and characters, and also, as someone mentioned before, I too agree that this is the most accurate depiction of Silent Hill that the creators wanted to show us. The symbolism is also great, along with creatures (and they merged together perfectly). Don't even get me started about the soundtrack okay.

The second one would be SH3. Mainly because of Heather. Definitely my fav SH protagonist. Oh, and Vincent. Oh Vincent.
The characters were the strongest part of the game for me. And Melissa Williamson.

And another second place goes to SH1 aka the freaking scariest game on earth. I can't even explain. I loved the mini sub-plot that was dealing with White Claudia, the little mindfucking things, like the elevator in the hospital and all of this brilliant stuff.

No third place sorry.