Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 30, 2017 2:40 AM

Jul 2012
I was really looking forward to watch this movie with my mates, we had planned weeks ahead of the airing schedule. We bought the tickets quickly, hoping to get the best seats. For the best experience, we bought the japanese voice session, not that there was any other option. On said day, which was today, we met up in front of the cinema, checked in our ticket, and sat on our not-so-comfy seats. My friend had pockies, coke, and I had water with me. We sat there for a while as we watched through the compulsory 15minutes commercial as usual.

And then, as the theatre darkened and the movie started, we heard something really shocking and let out a uniform gasps. It was combination of exasperation and disbelief.

The dialogue was.... IN ENGLISH.

Yes, it was in english. Yet, we still refused to believe, and hoped that it was but a fluke... Nonetheless, as the movie continued, it was still in english.. the whole movie was in english dub..

What is this atroscity... I bought the ticket for the jap session and I got the english dub of no game no life zero.

Where's my kayano ai??

Did anyone experience the same thing? Or did u guys get the jap dub instead? Is this a national issue? Or just the hoyts that I went to?
よろしく!
Nov 30, 2017 2:53 AM

Jul 2012
I swear the next time this happens I'm gonna leave the cinema straight away, as a matter of fact, some people actually did.
よろしく!
Nov 30, 2017 12:22 PM
Nov 2015
Hoytts didn't have it?

I went to event cinema's and it was Japanese audio with English sub.

Go watch again my dude lol
Nov 30, 2017 7:08 PM

Jul 2012
Are you serious? I went to the one in Melbourne, which did you visit?
よろしく!
Nov 30, 2017 11:22 PM

Mar 2015
i seen sub in the Gold Coast at pacfair, as usual, never going to air in Australia Fair.
"You can't change his personality, but you can change the way he thinks"
Dec 1, 2017 6:27 AM
Apr 2017
I went to Hoyts in Perth and I got the Japanese audio as expected. I think you should message that specific cinema, or message Madman themselves, to resolve the problem.
Dec 1, 2017 6:29 AM

Jul 2012
Madman never replied, tried calling by no answer. Hoyts said they will investigate but had no idea.
よろしく!
Dec 1, 2017 6:34 AM

Jan 2017
damn that's very unprofessional.
anyway how's the dub? is it good or is it half assed like most sentai dubs?
Dec 1, 2017 6:38 AM

Jul 2012
@Cyborg_Icarus29 It was cringy, but, I think Shuvi's voice was kinda alright. The thing is, I really love Matsuoka Yoshitsugu and Kayano Ao's voice as the MC, because it also gives you the feeling of Sora and Shiro.

With different VAs it gives you different feels. I still cried during the screening but I had to hold back because I didn't feel like crying in a public place.
よろしく!
Dec 1, 2017 6:47 AM

Jan 2017
@ariacelesta so it's cringey because you're used to the original voices. gotcha.
Dec 1, 2017 6:49 AM

Jul 2012
@Cyborg_Icarus29 It's like watching a movie sequel of GoT after 7 seasons and having them dubbed over in Russian because the distributor messed up and gave Hoyts the Russian dub ver. Just horrible.
よろしく!
Dec 1, 2017 7:09 AM

Jan 2017
@ariacelesta oh shit that's just awful.
anyway i asked you because i watched the series dubbed (the dub is actually decent) and i wanted to know if the dub is good or half assed like most other dubs from sentai, i avoid the majority of their dubs but their dubs for NGNL and parasyte are good imo.
i guess i should ask someone who can judge the dub objectively. thanks anyway.
Dec 1, 2017 7:39 AM
Nov 2016
vCrunchyHD said:
i seen sub in the Gold Coast at pacfair, as usual, never going to air in Australia Fair.

I'm probably gonna go see it at PacFair sometime next week.

Dec 2, 2017 3:01 PM

Dec 2016
Schewi its spelt, as for Shuvi.
Dec 3, 2017 4:41 AM

Sep 2014
I just watched it at Event Cinemas here in NSW. It was subbed. The only bad thing was the bottom part of the screen got slightly choped off.

So when you see letters like: y, j,q. You can't see the tail. And The subs was a bit messy. Like there was random full stops. But I was still able to understand it.

Great movie. From the ones I've watched in the cinemas

1. Your Name
2. NGNL Zero
3. FSN Heavens Feel
4. SAO OS
Dec 3, 2017 4:53 AM

Sep 2012
Watched mine at Event Cinemas in NSW as well, it was subbed and didn't have any major issues. Didn't even know there was a dub out :O
Dec 5, 2017 3:19 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't have any problem watching it Event for a subbed session. You should have definitely complained to the cinemas as it began to get them to change it. I know people who have had the wrong audio played at cinemas and complaining got it fixed.
The truth is best told straight.
Dec 5, 2017 4:30 AM

Jul 2012
Maccaz said:
I didn't have any problem watching it Event for a subbed session. You should have definitely complained to the cinemas as it began to get them to change it. I know people who have had the wrong audio played at cinemas and complaining got it fixed.

I did. But I still couldn't get my ticket back.
よろしく!
Dec 12, 2017 5:47 AM

Jan 2014
I finished watching it at Dendy in Canberra and it was the subbed version. Weird for it to broadcast the dub this early...
Dec 13, 2017 9:51 PM

Jan 2015
NSW, Madman, Event Cinemas, I've never faced this issue.

Seen seven anime movies in theatres, and every time I've wanted to watch it with Japanese audio and English subs, that's how I've seen it.
Dec 27, 2017 8:09 AM

Jul 2014
There can only be one reason why your session was english dubbed. At the time of AUS release, Madman released both SUB and DUB of the movie at the same time but at different session times. The dub version literally had "English Version" in the title while the sub version just had the movie's name. You can prove this by checking if the movie's description on the cinema site has "With english subtitles'. I however watched the subbed film at Event Cinemas in NSW, so not sure if Hoyts' site has the same descriptions or whatnot. So no doubt it was not Madman or the cinema to blame but rather you should pay more attention to the details.

Funnily enough, some guy in my cinema room started saying aloud "it's not even in english?!" when the dialogue started. Bitched about it for a good 3 annoying minutes until he finally left the cinema room.
Jan 2, 2018 6:37 PM

Jul 2012
Kizuru said:
There can only be one reason why your session was english dubbed. At the time of AUS release, Madman released both SUB and DUB of the movie at the same time but at different session times. The dub version literally had "English Version" in the title while the sub version just had the movie's name. You can prove this by checking if the movie's description on the cinema site has "With english subtitles'. I however watched the subbed film at Event Cinemas in NSW, so not sure if Hoyts' site has the same descriptions or whatnot. So no doubt it was not Madman or the cinema to blame but rather you should pay more attention to the details.

Funnily enough, some guy in my cinema room started saying aloud "it's not even in english?!" when the dialogue started. Bitched about it for a good 3 annoying minutes until he finally left the cinema room.

The thing is, Victoria is not even supposed to get the English Dub release. Mate, did you read what I wrote. I've checked the website, it's even on my ticket and everything, it clearly said "Japanese Audio with English Subtitles", I even called Hoyts and they didn't believe me when I said it was in English Dub because it said Japanese Audio in their system, and they just told me they'd investigate.
よろしく!

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life: Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Jul 15, 2017

354 by eineluisa »»
Mar 5, 8:05 AM

» this movie is boring

Sunproof21 - Sep 28, 2021

42 by JJT1407 »»
Jan 21, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Schwi + Riku > Sora + Shiro

NotaMasterpiev - May 12, 2023

10 by Ionliosite2 »»
Sep 7, 2023 2:28 PM

Poll: » Preferred the movie to the series

Cestlavie_ - Jan 27, 2022

11 by removed-user »»
Aug 3, 2022 3:43 AM

» watch order?

Raulfin - May 26, 2022

18 by solomino »»
May 28, 2022 2:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.