Forum Settings
Forums

When you're watching anime (or reading/watching any story), which is worst?

Poll: Which is worse?

Nov 28, 2017 12:56 PM

Which hurt you the most

» Unrequited love

» Requited but the other is dying/dead

» Requited but the other is dead before anything more can happen

» Doomed relationship (ex: human x god/goddess where the human will inevitably left the other alone while the god/goddess will continue to live alone for a long time, temporary relationship where the other will inevitably has to leave for whatever reason, relationship that can't work no matter what)

"The worst way to love someone is to sit next to them, knowing they don’t love you back."
Unrequited childhood friends romances™
Izukatsu™
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

"There is only a few things in this world that I actually care. First is my family, second is my husbandos, third is my OTPs, and fourth is my two best friends. So yeah idgaf about your opinion, extras :)"

Nov 28, 2017 12:57 PM

The salt from the first option hurt me the most.

And im sure im not the only one.

Nov 28, 2017 12:59 PM

First one ofc

Poor Remu
Poor onodera
Poor tenri
T_T

I gave so many anime 1 because of it
Don't understand the point of teasing a sinked ship
Such a waste of time
Modified by tragedydesu, Nov 28, 2017 1:02 PM

Nov 28, 2017 1:00 PM

I don't know about me but I know which one @tragedydesu will pick out of those examples.

Nov 28, 2017 1:08 PM
Unrequited love is bad imo, but anime endings make it so cliche, that usually tsundere nature of girl will appear or that she will inevitably fall for the guy like in Toradora and the golden time ( Linda )

Kaori was such a bitch though p, she controlled the entire show, right from the getgo, they showed kousei as the lead but it was she who had the show in her pocket, she did as she pleased, and took off when she felt like. The show was great, just that focus on one character is too much, the show would be shit!
It wasn't coz Kaori was such a great character.

If you're into romance stories, then the Dying character is probably a good run for your money, the show will be short and exuberant, they'll do so much in so little time, and you feel a lot of courage seeing the healthy person treat everything like it's okay, but eventually breaks down.

Nov 28, 2017 4:05 PM

I thought the all were the same it's just add more situation of the list.
Unrequited loves are a drama driven story.

While it's not a bad thing but if the character lacks screen time or background and development then it's a shit.

Nov 28, 2017 4:07 PM

The third option for me. It kills me when that happens.

Nov 28, 2017 9:20 PM

I actually like the last three, specially when it's the love interest who dies and the other character DOES NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

Most probably unrequited love hurts the MC the most, literally, because being abused hurts! Those selfish and abusive bastards/bitches definitely don't deserve to be loved back! Unless it's some sweet character like Onodera.

Nov 28, 2017 9:24 PM

its sad when the other dies ... when they just reconcile they're feelings

i guess thats my answer :D

Nov 28, 2017 9:30 PM
Fuck this shit: They're all just as bad and this question is hard to answer.

Nov 28, 2017 9:38 PM

The second one hurst the most, it's way harder to move on when the feeling is requited than when the relationship never progressed due to a lack of mutual affection.

Nov 28, 2017 9:40 PM

Requited but the other is dead before anything more can happen
I don't know how to explain it without being simple--a relationship ending, before it can properly even begin, is just...sad.

The idea of someone outliving their partner doesn't depress me as much, because that doesn't mean the partner lives solely for them. When Lawrence dies, can't Hollo make new friends, and eventually, maybe find a new lover?
"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Nov 28, 2017 9:44 PM

Experience tells me it's the second one....

Nov 28, 2017 9:50 PM

I voted the first one cause the will-they-won't-they bullshit is irritating.

Also ObiYuki salt.

Nov 28, 2017 10:19 PM

It's unrequited love for me. Just knowing that the one you love will never be yours is just too painful. Second most painful imo, is ofc, requited but the other died (reminds me of Your Lie in April *sniffs*)

Nov 29, 2017 7:14 AM

@tragedydesu is the representation of the first option and one of the archbishops of waifuism. BEST GIRL NEVER WINS.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017

Nov 29, 2017 8:34 AM

How about the ending where the main character chose Blonde. Otherwise i'd choose Unrequited love.

Nov 29, 2017 9:10 AM
requited but dead. I'M used to unrequited love from rl, and eventually people can move on but finding the one person you could spend your whole life with just for them to die is just depressing to no end.

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Nov 29, 2017 9:39 AM

The first one gets me everytime. Nothing worse than this.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 29, 2017 10:42 AM

Doomed relationship hurts, it's like living without beauty after the person dies. People who lives a long life with weak mental fortitude will break down, while people who are used to being alone will just observe, and the worst, people who wants to love can't love anymore.
Modified by youseiki, Nov 29, 2017 11:26 AM

Nov 29, 2017 11:16 AM

Requited but the other is dead before anything more can happen, because there was something between them to begin with. Is more painful to watch a ship sinking because one of the pair dies than watching a ship who was not going to happen anyway sink.

Nov 30, 2017 7:05 AM

Shicchi said:
Which hurt you the most

» Unrequited love

» Requited but the other is dying/dead

» Requited but the other is dead before anything more can happen

» Doomed relationship (ex: human x god/goddess where the human will inevitably left the other alone while the god/goddess will continue to live alone for a long time, temporary relationship where the other will inevitably has to leave for whatever reason, relationship that can't work no matter what)

"The worst way to love someone is to sit next to them, knowing they don’t love you back."
Unrequited childhood friends romances™
Izukatsu™

Where is the option for "forced love between characters you don't like"? XD

Dec 9, 2017 2:25 PM

Pikangie said:

Where is the option for "forced love between characters you don't like"? XD

I second this.

I hate forced relationships for the sake of having a plot device.