Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 28, 2017 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
Sooo... the rest of the season will be plagued with those club shokugeki and would be elites? I hope not, that would be bore.

Tadokoro jumping on the bike behind Souma like it was nothing was just telling how close they are (also, remember their regular nightly conversations on the balcony).

But Momo was also cute, can't wait for more Souma's interactions with her. Need more Erina.
Nov 28, 2017 4:43 PM

Oct 2015
I'm rather surprised that this episode skipped a really big scene from the manga. It's important in a lot of ways. I bet there will be a flashback to it, but the impact will likely not be the same.
Nov 28, 2017 4:56 PM

Apr 2016
the designs of the new characters introduced in this episode were seriously awesome, the pink haired girl looks like a new waifu
also Momo is adorable
Nov 28, 2017 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
A pretty big scene was skipped in this episode but I’m assuming that they’ll put it in later.

These central scrubs are already a complete joke. Loved seeing Takumi pointing out that the guy bragging about being elite showed he didn’t have enough talent as a cook.

I’m looking forward to Kurokiba putting this scrub in his place.
Nov 28, 2017 6:04 PM

Nov 2011
Momo is cute, I hope her and Souma could be friends that would be pretty cool. We also havent seen a Main Shokugeki with Deserts as the main issue so I'd like to see that eventually.

Aww man Kana Hana serious character strike again. Nene <3 lol.

I wonder what is going to happen to Tousuke and if he will get any screen time at all. I mean he was the third seat and now...he's nothing. Along with Kuga gone as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 28, 2017 6:09 PM
Mar 2016
DeitysDynasty said:
Hamudanu said:
DISAPOINTED
THEY SKIP THE MOST GREAT SCENE ON THIS ARC

STUPID PRODUCER
what chapter is that?

the end of chapter 149

G_Spark233 said:
A pretty big scene was skipped in this episode but I’m assuming that they’ll put it in later.

These central scrubs are already a complete joke. Loved seeing Takumi pointing out that the guy bragging about being elite showed he didn’t have enough talent as a cook.

I’m looking forward to Kurokiba putting this scrub in his place.

they skip it (maybe they will move that part to another episode, well lets pray)
but in the fact they skip most Important Scene on this episode
Manga Spoilers Ahead

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuNov 29, 2017 5:54 PM
Nov 28, 2017 6:20 PM

Jan 2017
Kurokiba Ryou vs Rentarou = HYPE!!
Nov 28, 2017 7:11 PM

Oct 2017
Good episode but I REALLY don’t like that they cut out that part.
Nov 28, 2017 8:05 PM
Sep 2017
why did they cut the important moment from the manga???..Someone pls explain
Nov 28, 2017 8:48 PM
Oct 2017
blank_ernimae27 said:
why did they cut the important moment from the manga???..Someone pls explain

For better climax of the first half, i guess
Nov 28, 2017 8:59 PM

Jan 2014
the fuck, they skipped the most important part.
I assume they put it in the next episode. let's just hope they delayed it because it needs more than remaining minutes if it animated.

and I also hyped for Kurokiba vs Rentarou.
Nov 28, 2017 9:28 PM

Mar 2012
Meh, they skipped a lot of scenes from the manga. I'm not surprised at this point.

I feel like they'll put the second scene eventually considering we'll have 24 episodes though
Nov 28, 2017 9:40 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Nice to see Hisako speak well of Souma. :)

Isshiki certainly had his own plan but damn the central administration certainly sucks.
Go Kurokiba! I've got faith he's gonna wreck that dude.
Nov 28, 2017 10:07 PM

Nov 2016
Best plot reveal for last?
I really don't want that. J.C. or the author must have a reason to skip that biblical part. Maybe getting the non-reader fans more hyped up? Possibly. If you read the manga you'll see what I mean by "that biblical part" but if you haven't, go ahead and read fine by me if you want that juicy spoiler but it might ruin the fun for ya..probably.

Btw irrelevant question, I wonder how many episodes this anime is gonna have, does anyone know?
Nov 28, 2017 10:24 PM
Nov 2017
Something isn't right about the party scine..
Manga Spoilers Ahead

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuNov 29, 2017 5:55 PM
Nov 28, 2017 10:36 PM

Mar 2013
Well They skipped the manga chapters about the "Big Reveal" and go straight for the Survivor's Hunt...
Maybe They'll show It in later Episode, but I've been waiting for that moment to get animated for so long and I'll be lying if I said I'm not disappointed...

Also the second part with the Survivor's Hunt isn't strong enough compared to the manga imo, I would say the manga is better for this Episode...
Decent Episode

Riifted said:
Btw irrelevant question, I wonder how many episodes this anime is gonna have, does anyone know?

Some news said It'll be 24 Episodes...
Nov 29, 2017 12:10 AM

Sep 2016
Lol wtf first there's a Yu Gi Oh guy (8th Seat) and now a Zell Dincht (Rentarou).

Rindo's the hot version of Mitsuru from Persona 3 but I don't really like her character. For some reason she gives me this impression that she's a coward who doesn't have a conviction like the rest and just follows the flow. Like, she gets all friendly with MC who is against her group yet wants to be in Central. Can't have the cake and still eat it.

Finally can expect a refreshing episode next week. Any shokugeki without that MC is more exciting.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Nov 29, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2012
I can't wait until the next week! I want to see this fight! Even if, it's almost sure, Ryô can't lose against a new character like this...
To speak about the new characters I'm a bit "meeh" about them, they seem to be... meeh....
Whatever, this episode was good as the others! Great season!
Nov 29, 2017 2:19 AM

Oct 2014
Mah boy Yukihira is so lucky, I'm pretty sure that best girl Hisako is in love with him. She blushes everytime he see him. Hisako is the best wife coz she's a maid in Nakiri Household since child.

Kurokiba got this. Damn cliff hanger.
Nov 29, 2017 2:41 AM

Jan 2015
Le's party at the Polar Star for celebrating Souma's victory. Still, considering Souma's behavior it won't take long until he proclaim another Shokugeki against another Superior. And talk about another Shokugeki...
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 29, 2017 2:45 AM
Dec 2016
Was a good episode, we saw make apron Isshiki and we saw him doing the strategeries and helping the resistance (I guess you can call it that). Those 4 chosen soldiers are going to get wasted.
Nov 29, 2017 3:22 AM
Sep 2015
So am I the only one who didn’t care for the episode? The pacing seemed rushed and the animation was the worst I’ve seen in this series.
Nov 29, 2017 3:35 AM

Dec 2014
I am kinda enjoying this. Eizan face is really funny to see...I really hate the new central ideology...
Nov 29, 2017 4:54 AM

Dec 2015
Props to Isshiki for being such a good guy, the new antagonists on the other hand have really bland personalities.

As much as I'd hate to say it, I have a feeling Ryou might lose...
~
Nov 29, 2017 5:25 AM

Oct 2017
Very dissapointed that the stupid producer skip the scene that i've been waiting for so long fiuhh, hope they will put it in next episode
ZesshhiNov 29, 2017 5:38 AM
Nov 29, 2017 6:07 AM

Jan 2016
With the skipped moment, I refuse to believe that it was just straight up skipped, it's too important for that to be the case. I choose (hope) to believe that they chose to push it back, for what reason I'm not quite sure.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 29, 2017 6:08 AM

Aug 2013
I missed seeing Isshiki's naked apron. Erina's and Hisako's reactions to it were funny.

Good thing Isshiki was working behind the scenes.

Looking forward to Kurokiba's Shokugeki.

Nov 29, 2017 9:00 AM

Dec 2016
Huh?? Is it just me or there's more like Subaru in Central? >>; By the time Rentaro threats the students to beat them with their own kind of specialty made me think of Subaru for some reason.

For a first impression, Rentaro is an arrogant jerk who came out of nowhere and acts like a total boss to every one who's already been there for some years :I That's so disrespectful!

Kurokiba Ryo versus Kusunoki Rentaro? o.o This shokugeki sounds like an intense match! Show that rookie who's boss Ryo!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 29, 2017 9:23 AM

May 2017
joe_g7 said:
I wonder what seat Erina would be if she didn't "restrain" herself...

Wondering the same thing, coz at this point we still can't measure how great she really is without a shoukugeki against a stronger opponent. We know she's great but.. Lack of screen time I guess and that "restraint"

I'd probably put her in seat #2. Rindo level coz of the OP sequence with Souma replacing the #1 and Erina replacing Rindo's picture

Dunno about the manga tho, I don't read it, those are just my speculations
Nov 29, 2017 10:02 AM

Apr 2012
I personally think that the episode was not the best of the season. If we were to take all the parts that we think are important to the manga and get them into the anime for season 3 there could be up to 40 episodes. I kinda wish I had read the mange but I am keeping it for after the season. I only read till here the anime stops so that I still get surprised when I see the anime.

Maybe there will be an episode 10.5 like season one where we see some of the issues that people are talking about but in this case it would be Episode 8.5 where ( Azami .... and this ..... and this.... ) Not sure what I am talking about as I have not read the manga but there is a lot that people are eluding to in the posts that was missed. So there would be your Episode 8.5 just before 9.

= )

Tia

Nov 29, 2017 10:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see Megumi and the others leading such a spirited defense of the dorm though. Somehow the scene where Yukihira comes back to see his friends and Megumi's position makes it seem like a wife greeting a husband that came back. Looks like Yukihira's victory really has improved the chances for the rest of the societies though. Hisako and Erina's reaction to the naked apron was priceless. So those members of the E10 that opposed Azami were forced out of their seats then. So Isshki left behind some rules that would have made the matches fair even after leaving. Still the survivors still have to face the E10 and their reserve troops as well. Even fighting fair the E10 are pretty strong as expected. Though their reserve troops were arrogant they back that up with true skill though. Just like Alice to not know that she's the head of a club though. But its surprising that it was Ryo that will be fighting this time. Still Alice's determination to stop Azami is strong though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2017 10:54 AM

Nov 2010
Wtf? They skipped the most important part of this arc and went straight to showing Isshiki lose his seat.
Nov 29, 2017 2:41 PM
Jul 2015
thebrentinator24 said:

Zelev said:
When Ryou (Alice's partner) was shouting at the very end, I just kept thinking how he sounded so fucking annoying and reminded me of the blond dude from Boku no Hero. It turns out that really is Bakugou's VA lmao..

Well, it could be worse...like Asta from Black Clover's VA.

Haha I knew this was coming! He would be fine if he didn't scream after every damn sentence...

But solid episode overall. I hope they do the "big reveal" that is no longer a secret soon. Weird that they didn't include something so important.

Also I LOVE the ending song. SO CATCHY!
Nov 29, 2017 3:48 PM

Jul 2013
A loli voiced by Kugimiya Rie huh, been a while. Also I think Kurokiba will lose, unfortunately, this is to establish the strength of those "handpicked elites", who were, until now, a bunch of nobodies. Lastly, why is Izami kicking the 3rd seat? Isn't he one of those who voted for him as new dictator director?
Nov 29, 2017 5:40 PM

Oct 2015
Thinking about it more, perhaps moving the 'big reveal' was a good idea after all. In the manga, it sort of disappeared into the background when it shifted to Ryou vs Rentarou. Looks like the staff is moving that reveal towards the conclusion of their match since in the manga, Erina arrives right at the end of it.
Nov 29, 2017 5:57 PM

Jun 2016
Thread cleaned, please remember to tag spoilers...
Nov 29, 2017 9:33 PM

Sep 2015
Ok so at first I thought the way they are pushing the plot towards is very over the top. The presentation is always over the top and its enjoyable but I thought the plot was too over the top and getting to a point where it is hard to believe and reason with.
But I see that there's a point its kind of contrasting the strict proven-formula versus the self-inventing clubs and especially the unique self-crafted recipe of the Soma's dorm. Quite a cool idea actually.

Also they really managed to make me hate the central people. I thought they were ok at first but apparently not. Cheering for Kurokiba to win, though I have a feeling he might not so Soma comes in. But I really hoped not? Even if he lose, I don't want Soma challenging him. It'll be a nice change of pace where Souma won;t be the one to 'save the day' for once.
Also I really want Kurokiba to shut that arrogant F's mouth. So yea. Honestly, I liked Eizan a lot more than these new grunts. Eizan while was more underhanded was not as irritating. But I guess the new bunch isn't really irritating per see but just that Takumi and Soma speaking up was quite epic. Takumi tongue is sharp and on point.

Why do you need to brag about someone's recognition? Indeed that is proof that you lack self-esteem. In fact why even settle as Central's soldier? That is being complacent, and once you are, you won't improve. Unlike the people in Polar star, they didn't just listen to Erina's advise outright but kept trying with their own way and improving.
Seems like he just became complacent and decided to be a follower to central and not a innovator.
zcv45Nov 29, 2017 9:37 PM
Nov 30, 2017 1:02 AM
Oct 2015
Love how Mono just ripped the teddy bear's hands off and puts them on and within a few seconds or whatever the time period between the two scenes is, she just doesn't have the hands on.
Heckle was here...
Nov 30, 2017 7:46 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
This is only getting worse and worse only for cheap conveniences and excuses for more cooking battles. From the start, this arc was ridiculous, but logic keeps on failing and faling like there is no tomorrow. Nakiri and his minions have absolute power (don't let me start on this...) and they kicked the director, changed curriculum, closed down clubs, had bribed judges (who OFC had a change of heart because Shoma is just that cool. What a surprise, amirite?) and could pretty much do whatever they wanted with no real opposition, but SOMEHOW Isshiki managed to contact some relevant parties (???) and FORCE them to accept a new rule, which in turn forces them to have cooking battles (What a surprise, amirite? x2)?? Who are those relevant parties and why didn't he ask for something more substantial? And if those parties can do something like that, then actually DO something more?

And the funny thing is how the minions try to be so honorable: "Well, Isshiki said not to contact the judges, so it's legitimately neutral now". Sure, because NO ONE could bribe them secretly. Not everyone has to be stupid and a show off like Eizan lol But OFC no one would do that NOW because what other excuse would we have for cooking battles that have no set result?

Also, we had the obligatory mean loli appear. Pls, why.

The amount of conveniences in this arc is astounding. My score keeps dropping. Now it's a 4. Let's see next week.
Dec 1, 2017 8:43 AM
Jun 2017
Really hope Kurokiba crushes the tattooed blondie.
Dec 1, 2017 5:31 PM

Jan 2013
Oh boy...Souma and Takumi almost destroyed that guy, he wouldn't stand a change against them.
Next episode will be interesting, as always xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 1, 2017 11:55 PM

Jul 2016
that Ishiki working behind the scenes, looks like central isn't powerful as it is

they skipped THAT damn crucial part! Dx
Dec 3, 2017 5:15 AM

Jun 2009
These new characters are all so annoying smh ... especially Momo in this episode and that blonde guy

Also I feel like literally nothing happened in this episode.
Dec 3, 2017 8:01 AM

May 2015
Gooo Kurokiba. Kick his ass.

Quick question: How many episodes this season has? It has "unknown" on the number.
FrozenRaiderDec 3, 2017 8:43 AM
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 3, 2017 9:18 AM

Mar 2016
Rip... The major plot is gone, or it just past through for the flashbacks, welp we don't know what will happen. Still Kurokiba is still amazing on every aspect. lel. Since It's very sudden for that "part" which is a "little" waste for the part of the anime.

4/5 some skipped parts, those, most important parts of the story. which is succ af.
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Dec 3, 2017 12:35 PM
Mar 2017
EuphoricMelody said:
i was so hyped for the big reveal leading up to these 150 chapters of the manga and OFC THEY JUST HAD TO SKIP IT ;_; most likely they've re-arranged the next couple of chapters, scene-wise and will just add it in at some poiint (maybe the next episode or one after that if they are looking to troll manga readers xD) BUT I WILL BE PATIENT AND WAIT even though it hurts lol
I know right! 😭 They better have a really good reason for delaying it!
Dec 4, 2017 7:12 PM

Jul 2012
Momo is cute 😊

We see a few of the matchups in the OP, but I wonder if Akira will be competing in a Shokugeki. If he does, I'm guessing it'll be with the mystery girl that didn't say a word or really react to anything at all. I wonder why.
Dec 6, 2017 11:51 PM
Jan 2016
loved that cute moment when alice didn't care about the club hahahh
excited to see ryou beat central's ass

and i hope they will put that "important but missing" scene back in the later episodes!
don't wanna miss that epic part
refinnejDec 7, 2017 12:00 AM
Dec 19, 2017 7:47 PM

May 2012
This episode sure was quite different, a bit weaker and slower if you ask me. But that ending sure was nice, and it's also nice to see some other elite's at work!
Dec 22, 2017 10:17 PM

May 2015
Ryou don’t let me down!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.