Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 27, 2017 3:44 PM

May 2012
I see that Gintama is under a 9.00 score which is unheard of. Is it because people are just rating it 1? I noticed that people who haven't seen a single episode just rate it a one. Should people be banned?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2017 3:51 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Better question, why this one? Why is this season (which is actually really good so far) below 9 yet the shitty Rakuyo arc from the Winter season is still at 9.04?

smh
Nov 27, 2017 4:03 PM

May 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Better question, why this one? Why is this season (which is actually really good so far) below 9 yet the shitty Rakuyo arc from the Winter season is still at 9.04?

smh

people are scared of gintama. it is better than Fma brotherhood. they are just bringing it down
Nov 27, 2017 4:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Theres less and less people watching but the hate ratings is still as strong so of course the effect of this is higher.. i guess.

anyway when it will end the rating will go above 9.00 again

and then getting more hate rate
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 27, 2017 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
DatRandomDude said:
Theres less and less people watching but the hate ratings is still as strong so of course the effect of this is higher.. i guess.

anyway when it will end the rating will go above 9.00 again

and then getting more hate rate

It's the circle effect basically.

I'm not watching it right now (because I'm waiting for it to be done so I can binge it) but this is just the cycle when it comes to Gintama xD and pretty much most animes or at least a lot of them.
Nov 27, 2017 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
OH HELL NO!! Gintama’s ratings dropped to a 8.99, now I’m triggered! Damn these people hating and giving Gintama a 1 for absolutely no reason at all! This season deserves its 9+ rating!
Nov 27, 2017 4:44 PM

Sep 2009
No, it's just that if you watch a few, or certain specific episodes, it seems like garbage.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 28, 2017 7:08 AM

Feb 2008
While keeping normal distribution in mind, a glance at the statistics of the show is enough to bring a smirk to one's face. Sorachi must be doing something right if an abnormal amount of trolls feel compelled to give it a rating of one.

Regardless, there is no need to dwell on the matter for too long. It is merely a proof of Gintama's excellence.
Nov 28, 2017 7:22 AM

Apr 2016
"Gintama doesn't have 9/10 main score on MAL, we should ban people for it."

Best thing i ever read on MAL.
Nov 28, 2017 7:26 AM
Jul 2018
PoeticJustice said:
HaXXspetten said:

smh

people are scared of gintama. it is better than Fma brotherhood. they are just bringing it down
implying brotherhood is a good anime
Nov 28, 2017 7:56 AM

Apr 2017
Because a lot of people are taking MAL ratings seriously and this shouldn't be a thing.

Getting triggered because of a score is what I'd call stupid.

Well, to be honest, this arc isn't really that good so...

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 28, 2017 8:27 AM

Jul 2015
I'm sure it will go back to 9+ when this season ends.
Nov 28, 2017 9:02 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
S-quare22 said:
Because a lot of people are taking MAL ratings seriously and this shouldn't be a thing.

Getting triggered because of a score is what I'd call stupid.

Well, to be honest, this arc isn't really that good so...

Its not really an arc but more a collection of comedy arcs they didnt adapt before.
Its pretty random at this point but its nice for the people who's watching gintama only for the comedy for one last time because after that .. its pretty much the grand finale

Nov 28, 2017 12:00 PM

Dec 2015
3% 1/10 votes........... seems legit. Totally not salty af fans of other Anime.
Nov 28, 2017 9:32 PM

Oct 2015
I agree this season is not strong. I didn't like that joke so much.
Nov 29, 2017 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah this season isnt all that hot, it really feels like these chapters were skipped cause there wasnt much worth to them. The first 2 episodes were just ok, the homeless arc was phenomenal, the sword arc was just fine to good, the new ep was kind of meh.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 29, 2017 4:43 PM

Jul 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Yeah this season isnt all that hot, it really feels like these chapters were skipped cause there wasnt much worth to them. The first 2 episodes were just ok, the homeless arc was phenomenal, the sword arc was just fine to good, the new ep was kind of meh.
I still would have preferred all the arcs mentioning or having Shogun/Shinseguemi/Sasaki have been in the 2015 anime, just in case that if they would have to adapt skipped chapters, they would have to adapt chapters without those 3 "gone" people/groups
Sup...
Nov 30, 2017 3:39 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
HaXXspetten said:

smh
Well, there are some people that really loved the Rakuyo Arc, including me. People tend to have differing opinions about Gintama. A lot of people disliked the previous season since it had no comedy, meanwhile some people might consider Porori-hen as the weakest Gintama season as it has no seriousness. Personally, Gintama. is my second favorite Gintama season, with Porori-hen being my least favorite. But it's about preference more than anything really.
Nov 30, 2017 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
PoeticJustice said:
I see that Gintama is under a 9.00 score which is unheard of. Is it because people are just rating it 1? I noticed that people who haven't seen a single episode just rate it a one. Should people be banned?
That makes it even more amusing, it is like they can not stand something being liked at all. and now I gotta read the gundam review because of you pic.
Dec 1, 2017 1:33 AM

Nov 2017
Swagernator said:
"Gintama doesn't have 9/10 main score on MAL, we should ban people for it."

Best thing i ever read on MAL.

LMAO it is really amusing for some reasons.
Dec 1, 2017 1:37 AM

Nov 2017
This season is the weakest compared to the previous, I have to say. Though people who love Gintama comedy would rate it higher and once this season ends. And people binging it from earlier seasons would rate this higher I guess.
Dec 1, 2017 7:59 AM
Aug 2016
In every season, number of watchers(who are realy watch) are decreasing but number of haters are still same, so, they can effect the rank more easily. And also there are more people who rate 9-8 even if they are gintama fan, because of the art style or its timing(many people seen this season unseasonable and they think that it had to be before SA arc.)
YorozuyaaaDec 1, 2017 8:02 AM
Dec 1, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2009
I do not plan to rate it until it is complete i find it easier to do on a season with 12 episodes.
Dec 2, 2017 4:07 AM

Dec 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:

A lot of people disliked the previous season since it had no comedy

I don't think this is the accurate way to phrase it, since Rakuyou had a LOT of comedy, in fact literally only 2 episodes had 0 comedy in that arc, that's the most comedy in a serious arc in the entire series. I think you mean because it had no comedy-based arcs or episodes.
Dec 2, 2017 8:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Uchiha_Shadow said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

A lot of people disliked the previous season since it had no comedy

I don't think this is the accurate way to phrase it, since Rakuyou had a LOT of comedy, in fact literally only 2 episodes had 0 comedy in that arc, that's the most comedy in a serious arc in the entire series. I think you mean because it had no comedy-based arcs or episodes.
Yeah, I worded that wrong. What I really meant to say is that most people disliked that series since it's just one big serious arc.
Dec 4, 2017 3:38 AM

Dec 2014
I really don't get why people are still arguing over this. Does the average score really matter that much to you guys? If you like an anime, you give it a 10. If you don't, you give it a 1. Why do you have to care so much about what other people think? Holy fuck.
Dec 4, 2017 4:19 AM

Aug 2010
Cyandris said:
I really don't get why people are still arguing over this. Does the average score really matter that much to you guys? If you like an anime, you give it a 10. If you don't, you give it a 1. Why do you have to care so much about what other people think? Holy fuck.

I agree. It just a manner of opinion whether you score you give to a certain anime and besides I don't get why people are just exaggerating over a 8.98 score. It still consider high compared other anime out there, (which some other anime out there should been higher score which is my opinion) This anime is considered lucky it still has a high score. People talks about Gintama would have like a 6.99 or lower. I wish some anime out there 8.00 or higher. This season is considered average due to the HDZ48 arc ( began boring in my opinion) .
Dec 4, 2017 5:01 AM

May 2015
I gotta be honest here, and I don't want to say this nor did I ever think I would, but this season is quickly becoming mediocre. Especially if you compare it to other Gintama seasons. It's funny, but definitely less than before. The animation has also taken quite the nose dive. The first episode of this idol arc is where it became apparent that I just couldn't ignore these issues anymore.

I gave every season of the show a 10 up till now, even last season which some people thought wasn't up to snuff. But this time, I just can't do that. It really does suck, but I'm not giving it a 10 when I don't think it deserves it.

Dec 4, 2017 6:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kittens-kun said:
I gotta be honest here, and I don't want to say this nor did I ever think I would, but this season is quickly becoming mediocre. Especially if you compare it to other Gintama seasons. It's funny, but definitely less than before. The animation has also taken quite the nose dive. The first episode of this idol arc is where it became apparent that I just couldn't ignore these issues anymore.

I gave every season of the show a 10 up till now, even last season which some people thought wasn't up to snuff. But this time, I just can't do that. It really does suck, but I'm not giving it a 10 when I don't think it deserves it.
I also agree that the first episode of the HDZ48 arc was pretty weak in comparison to other episodes. That being said though, it was probably a hilarious episode for Japanese people, but since people like me missed almost all the references, it doesn't come up to be as funny as it should. Hopefully you like the second episode of the arc more since it was much funnier.
GoldenDevilGamerDec 4, 2017 6:29 AM
Dec 4, 2017 10:08 AM

Dec 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
I also agree that the first episode of the HDZ48 arc was pretty weak in comparison to other episodes. That being said though, it was probably a hilarious episode for Japanese people, but since people like me missed almost all the references, it doesn't come up to be as funny as it should. Hopefully you like the second episode of the arc more since it was much funnier.

Yeah I can see that, this episode was quite a bit better. Thankfully episodes that have tons of Japanese references like last episode aren't that common.
Dec 4, 2017 10:18 AM

Apr 2015
I am a Gintama fan but to be honest this has been the weakest season of Gintama ever made but I have also seen people who add every season of Gintama only to rate with with a 1 because for some reason they care about the MAL TOP and cant stand seeing Gintama there, these people havent watched Gintama ofc.
Dec 4, 2017 10:19 AM

Aug 2016
Well the first gintama season nearly has 1000 more 1/10 ratings than this season, did it ever occur to you that maybe people just don't like this season that much?
And can't say it for everyone but sometimes I do watch anime and rate them but don't update my list for it to show I actually watched the first episode and only have the rating there. So banning people for that is kind of stupid.

And having it an astouing 0.03 points under 9 isn't that bad, infact it's still an amazing score, why do you even care that it's slightly lower than the other seasons?
Dec 4, 2017 10:47 AM

Jan 2016
Obviously, people are just downvoting for fun. "People are rating it low cause they're not enjoying it" isn't even a logical argument. Cause this season is exactly what Gintama does best.

The winter season was the worst Gintama has ever gotten and it's somehow rated 9,04.

I've seen on forums outside of MAL were people encourage others to give Gintama a rating of 1
Dec 4, 2017 10:52 AM

Sep 2009
It's rated down because it takes too many episodes to really be entertaining, and the comedy is hit or miss, and can be difficult to understand to non-Japanese cultures.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 5, 2017 12:04 AM

Dec 2017
Kittens-kun said:

Since Fujita Yoichi leaves, the jokes adaptation are kinda anti-climatic.
Hope he'll be back for the next season.
Dec 5, 2017 3:01 AM

May 2017
Yeah I'm shocked myself seeing gintama below 9 kinda hurts , people we need to protect this anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 7:25 AM

Apr 2016
PoeticJustice said:

You can report troll accounts here
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Dec 5, 2017 7:56 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Raij1n said:
Kittens-kun said:

Hes already working on Osomatsu now and the anime is supposed to keep going this winter till the end of the story (probably) so... yeah, not going to happen.
looks like he moved on from gintama.

Dec 5, 2017 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
Raij1n said:
Kittens-kun said:

I feel like this always happens when you hear a director left, remember when people said it wasn't as funny and episodes dragged on after the first director left from Episode 105? or people were disappointed with the 2011's comedy in the forums?
Sup...
Dec 5, 2017 6:58 PM

Dec 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Raij1n said:

I feel like this always happens when you hear a director left, remember when people said it wasn't as funny and episodes dragged on after the first director left from Episode 105? or people were disappointed with the 2011's comedy in the forums?

I started watching Gintama (from the the very first episode) at 2010, so I don't really know what people said about episode 105.

About 2011 Gintama that made some people outside Japan somewhat disappointed, I think the real problem there is the Crunchyroll translators.
They decided not to make reference notes or Japanese culture jokes explanation at the top, not like the previous translators did.
And in the end, they mostly failed to convert the jokes to just a few words of english, (I found it most at the Otoshidama or New Year's gift episode, and it feels very weird)

Luckily, it seems Crunchy got new translators for the 2015 season, that somehow understand Gintama jokes. So since then the subs are quite well done.
But also remember, Yoichi supervised the 2015 season of Gintama.

It's at the next season that Yoichi leaves, and since then the adaptation quality started to decline.
Dec 5, 2017 7:17 PM

Jul 2015
Raij1n said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I started watching Gintama (from the the very first episode) at 2010, so I don't really know what people said about episode 105.

About 2011 Gintama that made some people outside Japan somewhat disappointed, I think the real problem there is the Crunchyroll translators.
They decided not to make reference notes or Japanese culture jokes explanation at the top, not like the previous translators did.
And in the end, they mostly failed to convert the jokes to just a few words of english, (I found it most at the Otoshidama or New Year's gift episode, and it feels very weird)

Luckily, it seems Crunchy got new translators for the 2015 season, that somehow understand Gintama jokes. So since then the subs are quite well done.

It's at the next season that Yoichi leaves, and since then the adaptation quality started to decline.
The translator notes doesn't add to the comedy because you're getting the reference from a yellow subtitle after the joke was already told seconds ago, as for the comedy see more positive comments(with consistency) after the 4 Devas and after the Renho arc(btw this arc was disliked for the not much comedy and being dragged out to 5 episodes for some reasons...same problems as the Ghost inn,Jugem, Tama's Quest, and Otsu arcs)

and if you didn't know, the fans for the manga either hate or thought the Excaliber arc was solid, think Homeless arc was great for drama(but not for comedy), Idol was something that got better over time(from what i'm seeing on the old manga forums and social media responses), Kagura's Boyfriend was more liked for being Heartwarming rather than being funny, the Police one was mostly meh for people(mostly because the references) the only ones people liked for the comedy was the one shot with Madao, and the Guardian Spirit arc(this is either next or the week after episode)

and I would argue that the voice acting gets even better though time with the VA's(and the VA's add to the comedy)

And in case you want to know, the only ones I smiled at was the Photo and the Madao one shot, and I chuckled at the Guardian Spirit arc(this was my favorite out of the skipped chapters)
Sup...
Dec 5, 2017 7:45 PM

Dec 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Raij1n said:

The translator notes doesn't add to the comedy because you're getting the reference from a yellow subtitle after the joke was already told seconds ago, as for the comedy see more positive comments(with consistency) after the 4 Devas and after the Renho arc(btw this arc was disliked for the not much comedy and being dragged out to 5 episodes for some reasons...same problems as the Ghost inn,Jugem, Tama's Quest, and Otsu arcs)

and if you didn't know, the fans for the manga either hate or thought the Excaliber arc was solid, think Homeless arc was great for drama(but not for comedy), Idol was something that got better over time(from what i'm seeing on the old manga forums and social media responses), Kagura's Boyfriend was more liked for being Heartwarming rather than being funny, the Police one was mostly meh for people(mostly because the references) the only ones people liked for the comedy was the one shot with Madao, and the Guardian Spirit arc(this is either next or the week after episode)

and I would argue that the voice acting gets even better though time with the VA's(and the VA's add to the comedy)

And in case you want to know, the only ones I smiled at was the Photo and the Madao one shot, and I chuckled at the Guardian Spirit arc(this was my favorite out of the skipped chapters)

Well if you know that Otoshidama お年玉 (New Year's Envelope) with different kanji can also mean Dropping balls (落し玉) . I bet you'll be laughing even more when watching episode 250.
Dec 5, 2017 7:56 PM

Jul 2015
Raij1n said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Well if you know that Otoshidama お年玉 (New Year's Envelope) with different kanji can also mean Dropping balls (落し玉) . I bet you'll be laughing even more when watching episode 250.
Maybe if it was a joke in english or a reference to a series I like and the joke was told when the ost and VA's where telling the joke(so it lands at the perfect spot), notice how the most liked comedy episodes are there when the jokes hit as soon as it happens(79, 110, 113, All the Shogun Episodes, 231, 239, 242, 273, 296 etc.)
Sup...
Dec 5, 2017 8:12 PM

Dec 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Raij1n said:

Maybe if it was a joke in english or a reference to a series I like and the joke was told when the ost and VA's where telling the joke(so it lands at the perfect spot), notice how the most liked comedy episodes are there when the jokes hit as soon as it happens(79, 110, 113, All the Shogun Episodes, 231, 239, 242, 273, 296 etc.)

Well in episode 231, I bet you'll be laughing even more, if you know that Kagura misinterprets "Iei ni Gasshou" (遺影に合掌) (Pay your respect to the portrait) with different kanji (イエイに合唱) (Singing Yay in a chorus).

Gintama jokes are a combination of many kinds of jokes. I think it'll be more of appreciation to Sorachi and the anime director if the jokes are translated as a whole.
Dec 5, 2017 8:14 PM

Jul 2015
Raij1n said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Well in episode 231, I bet you'll be laughing even more, if you know that Kagura misinterprets "Iei ni Gasshou" (遺影に合掌) (Pay your respect to the portrait) with different kanji (イエイに合唱) (Singing Yay in a chorus).

Gintama jokes are a combination of many kinds of jokes. I think it'll be more of appreciation to Sorachi and the anime director if the jokes are translated as a whole.
You keep on saying "you bet" but why would anyone laugh after the joke is done seconds after? I get "ah, that was clever" but not a straight up laugh
Sup...
Dec 5, 2017 8:28 PM

Dec 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
Raij1n said:

You keep on saying "you bet" but why would anyone laugh after the joke is done seconds after? I get "ah, that was clever" but not a straight up laugh

Well, it's my opinion, and sometimes people have different opinion, that's all.
no use arguing over it.

I just think it'll be more of appreciation to the author and director if what they worked so hard for is translated as a whole by a capable translator. Not just half-assedly like the translation of 2011 season of Gintama.
Raij1nDec 5, 2017 8:37 PM
Dec 5, 2017 8:42 PM

Jul 2015
Raij1n said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Well, it's my opinion, and sometimes people have different opinion, that's all.
no use arguing over it.

I just think it'll be more of appreciation to the author and director if what they worked so hard for is translated as a whole by a capable translator. Not just half-assedly like the translation of 2011 season of Gintama.
But i'm trying to look at it from a audience perspective, and the most loved episodes are the ones where the comedy hits when the studio wants it to it and doesn't need a yellow subtitle after the joke hit, i get it can work for you but that's not the case from what i'm seeing in the public in the west
Sup...
Dec 5, 2017 8:51 PM

Apr 2017
Does it really matter?
MAL scores have always been a total joke.
Some people, myself included, are not enjoying this season.
The writing and directing have gotten weaker, so it only makes sense that that would be reflected in the scores.
Honestly the people who rate every season a 10 make as little sense to me as the ones who rate every season a 1.
Both sides are being stupid, but they're not hurting anyone. Let them be.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.