Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2017 8:42 PM

Jul 2017
Figure .Many Western anime fans though that Asia like Gintama but that a different story . The Big 3 was a major hit in Malaysia and Indonesia with high TV rating. Thanks to Animax FMAB and FairyTail was also a hit . But Gintama never appear in their TV . So of course seeing an anime they never heard of rated higher than these shows triggered. I can see Fairy Tail 2018 rated with 10s while Gintama is 1s
As a Malaysian I am ashamed of my Malaysian and Indonesian brothers .
Dec 7, 2017 6:07 AM

Dec 2014
I hope the rating go up this show deserves so much praise
Dec 7, 2017 6:51 AM
Jan 2017
The hate is real. They can't stand Gintama being at the top
Dec 7, 2017 7:19 AM

Mar 2017
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Figure .Many Western anime fans though that Asia like Gintama but that a different story . The Big 3 was a major hit in Malaysia and Indonesia with high TV rating. Thanks to Animax FMAB and FairyTail was also a hit . But Gintama never appear in their TV . So of course seeing an anime they never heard of rated higher than these shows triggered. I can see Fairy Tail 2018 rated with 10s while Gintama is 1s

Yeah...me too. But for the ratings...it is still okay for me. Still high enough especially this season doesn't have so many great arcs. For me this is the weakest season after all though still good. And I found the director can handle the comedy better than before. They adapted not really amusing arcs but still can make me laugh. It is a good sign. Hopefully the last arc can be improved more. :)
Dec 7, 2017 8:10 AM

Jul 2015
danangafnan said:
Shiroyasha_97 said:

Yeah...me too. But for the ratings...it is still okay for me. Still high enough especially this season doesn't have so many great arcs. For me this is the weakest season after all though still good. And I found the director can handle the comedy better than before. They adapted not really amusing arcs but still can make me laugh. It is a good sign. Hopefully the last arc can be improved more. :)
They actually made the Police One Shot, and Excaliber entertaining compared to the manga
Sup...
Dec 7, 2017 9:29 AM

Mar 2017
SenpaiJay98 said:
danangafnan said:

They actually made the Police One Shot, and Excaliber entertaining compared to the manga

Yep, and the latest episode about idol was funny too. Maybe they use this season to train new director improving her comedy style. :)
Dec 7, 2017 10:23 AM

Aug 2016
3% troll votes? Isn't that bad. There is an anime airing right now that has 12% troll votes.
Dec 7, 2017 3:46 PM

Jul 2015
danangafnan said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Yep, and the latest episode about idol was funny too. Maybe they use this season to train new director improving her comedy style. :)
I would argue that the comedy was already good with her(the timing) like Farewell Shinseguemi's comedic timing was way too perfect at times
Sup...
Dec 7, 2017 6:47 PM

Mar 2014
IMHO it's easily the weakest Gintama season so far, the only truly top tier arc so far is the Homeless arc which was amazing.
I mean, it's still Gintama, it's still REALLY good, but compared to other seasons it's just ok.
Homeless Arc : 10/10
Other arcs this season : 8/10 or so.
Note that i haven't watched after the Excalibur arc yet. I think i'll wait till all episodes are out before watching the rest.
TheKawaiiZombieDec 7, 2017 6:50 PM

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Dec 10, 2017 3:36 PM

Aug 2015
Personally, I'm not much of a fan of this season and found myself dropping my rating from a 10 to a 7 the more episodes I watched (currently I'm at episode 10). Though I'm used to Gintama's crude humor and actually find it funny, the Excalibur arc had so many jokes about butts, poop and sex metaphors that it started wearing out. It's already elementary style humor and can only go on for so long until the repetitiveness starts grinding on my nerves and I begin to think: ''Okay, I gettttttt it. Poop, ha-ha. Sex metaphors, fun-ny.''

And I'm also not a fan of Otsu, find her more annoying than most, so having several episodes with her as an important character isn't appealing to me either. Also, I feel like the animation has gotten poorer (especially in episode 9). Has anyone else noticed this?

The thing about having a lot of Gintama episodes in a season, is that even if not all episodes are great, those bad episodes are still few and far in between. It helps when there's a heap of episodes you consume, because the overall conclusion could still be: ''Yeah, still great, because I've seen a lot more good episodes than bad ones.'' But when it's a short season like this one, a few bad episodes already make up the whole bunch. They stick to your mind too, because you don't get a lot of (good) episodes to cover up the bad ones. All in all, it's one of the worst Gintama seasons I've seen as of late.
...At least let me finish.

Dec 11, 2017 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
Raij1n said:
Kittens-kun said:
I gotta be honest here, and I don't want to say this nor did I ever think I would, but this season is quickly becoming mediocre. Especially if you compare it to other Gintama seasons. It's funny, but definitely less than before. The animation has also taken quite the nose dive. The first episode of this idol arc is where it became apparent that I just couldn't ignore these issues anymore.

I gave every season of the show a 10 up till now, even last season which some people thought wasn't up to snuff. But this time, I just can't do that. It really does suck, but I'm not giving it a 10 when I don't think it deserves it.

Since Fujita Yoichi leaves, the jokes adaptation are kinda anti-climatic.
Hope he'll be back for the next season.

totally agree. gintama doesnt really feels like gintama without him, I cant even imagine how the 2015 arcs would have been with him as a director
Dec 11, 2017 5:39 PM

Jul 2015
ThEoNePugNA said:
Raij1n said:

Since Fujita Yoichi leaves, the jokes adaptation are kinda anti-climatic.
Hope he'll be back for the next season.

totally agree. gintama doesnt really feels like gintama without him, I cant even imagine how the 2015 arcs would have been with him as a director
2015 anime would have Probably be the same to be honest, like what would have been different?(and Fuijita was Chief Director for the 2015 anime, and Takamatsu was the Sound Director for the 2015 anime)
Sup...
Dec 12, 2017 6:44 AM

Jun 2013
dunno, those 2 arcs didnt have that epic "feel" the other serious arcs before them had, its mostly like.. just there
Dec 12, 2017 8:06 AM

Jul 2015
ThEoNePugNA said:
dunno, those 2 arcs didnt have that epic "feel" the other serious arcs before them had, its mostly like.. just there
Reaper arc was probably one of the best directed and artworks in Gintama and that was under the 2015 series, Episode 301, 304, 305, 307, 308, 310, 311, 314, 315, 320, 328(which is probably animated directed better than any Dialogue heavy series from the 2006 or 2011 anime)

They're is probably nothing that would have been different if Fujita would have been director(especially if he used the 2011/Enchousen artwork because that would have been a bitch to animate for 17 Episodes serious arcs back to back...and there is the animator Shortage going on in Japan right now....)
Sup...
Dec 12, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2016
Now I haven't watched the season myself but from what people are saying I agree that MAL rankings don't matter much. I love the show even though I'm still at 2011 but I still feel we shouldn't stress out over the popular vote ranking by the MAL users. In the end it's a popular vote, trolls and fanboys are always present in these sort of votes...
Dec 13, 2017 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
SenpaiJay98 said:
ThEoNePugNA said:
Reaper arc was probably one of the best directed and artworks in Gintama and that was under the 2015 series, Episode 301, 304, 305, 307, 308, 310, 311, 314, 315, 320, 328(which is probably animated directed better than any Dialogue heavy series from the 2006 or 2011 anime)

They're is probably nothing that would have been different if Fujita would have been director(especially if he used the 2011/Enchousen artwork because that would have been a bitch to animate for 17 Episodes serious arcs back to back...and there is the animator Shortage going on in Japan right now....)

yes, for you; imo, nothing tops the courtesan arc, 4 devas or jiraya vs gintoki in terms of directing, you should go and compare them; every fight in 2015/2017 feels weaker in terms of intensity, impact or every other shit that matters in a serious fight
Dec 13, 2017 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
ThEoNePugNA said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

yes, for you; imo, nothing tops the courtesan arc, 4 devas or jiraya vs gintoki in terms of directing, you should go and compare them; every fight in 2015/2017 feels weaker in terms of intensity, impact or every other shit that matters in a serious fight
What made Courstan of a Nations directing better FS and Reaper arc?(Courstan wass probably one of the grandest directed serious arcs Besides Episode 261 and the 2nd half of 260, there hasn't been a better directed full episode in the old anime compared to Episode 279, 305, 308, 315, 324, or 328...The 2011 had Scenes or halves directed great but rarely a full episode...Episode 142 and 214 is an example of the full episode being directed great for the older anime director and are top tier directed and animated episode in Gintama), Do nt just say "imo"(because then what's the point in discussion in the first place? When GoatJesus makes a statement on directing he provides evidence and what he learned from his filmmaking school, not just say "imo" and leave it as is

And like I said before the 2015 anime spreads the animation and directing across the full episode rather than a scene or half(Graveyeard scene in 4 Devas), sometimes that bites in the ass when they do two S level episodes(304 and 305) in the row and have to sacfrice the previous or next episode(303 and 306)

Episode 279 alone felt like a mini movie with directing lol, I'm surprised you used Courstan though since I went back to look at Episode 180(and that was a S class level episode, oh my that was top tier/Masterpiece I think only 214 was ever close to that level for Fujita), and Courstan didn't do that with its artwork and a lot of the animation felt stiff and barely had movement for most of that arc
SenpaiJay98Dec 13, 2017 1:59 PM
Sup...
Dec 14, 2017 6:52 AM
Jan 2017
We remember Gintama for the comedy not really the serious arcs tbh. This season the comedy doesn't fail to deliver. I mean attacking on titan, sword scabbard action ahahha. People who downrate gintama are just plain salty that it's the best anime..
Dec 14, 2017 1:57 PM

Jun 2013
I'm guessing people who haven't seen Gintama from the beginning and just started with this season, seeing it for the first time are immediately bashing it and gave it a low rating. It could also be because the animation quality isn't consistent, who knows? Who cares? MAL is filled with assholes, it doesn't mean Gintama isn't fucking awesome.
臭い-
Dec 24, 2017 6:52 PM

Jul 2015
ThEoNePugNA said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I did some digging and I found out some of the Key animators left Gintama /retired from anie in general/or something else also back in 2013, like Tadashi Oppata for example https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?page=1&tags=tadashi_oppata

Luckily we still have Youhei Sasaki https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?page=2&tags=youhei_sasaki

So even if the first or second director came back to Fully direct the series...It wouldn't look as consistent as the past series did since it had more key animators on the project... but this is a problem with most anime productions in general nowadays http://goboiano.com/anime-industry-faces-animator-shortage-crisis-that-could-damage-future-productions/

the 2015 director has been with the series since Episode 25(which is famous for being the funniest episode in "Early" Gintama) https://wavemotioncannon.com/2017/07/16/looking-back-and-thanks-chizuru-miyawaki-animage-july-2017/
Sup...
Jan 5, 2018 8:52 AM
Oct 2017
This season was crappy in term of animation. I always rate gintama a 9 but if the Silver soul arc has same animation as parori hen then 5/10. Animators are lazy on animation. Hope they will improve it.
Jan 5, 2018 9:03 AM

Oct 2010
This season was purely comedic and came in a moment when people were expecting the drama to go on, so it kind of broke the pacing. Other than that it is very Gintama to me, and I'm specially puzzled at people criticizing the Excalibur arc for having too many poop and sex jokes, like after more than 300 episodes of this anime and many entire episodes and arcs purely devoted to this kind of comedy, how can this take anybody by surprise, let alone be a downer.

If the matter is animation, I won't say anything, but it's not like Gintama has ever had stellar animation anyway.
Jan 5, 2018 9:48 AM

May 2015
jal90 said:
This season was purely comedic and came in a moment when people were expecting the drama to go on, so it kind of broke the pacing. Other than that it is very Gintama to me, and I'm specially puzzled at people criticizing the Excalibur arc for having too many poop and sex jokes, like after more than 300 episodes of this anime and many entire episodes and arcs purely devoted to this kind of comedy, how can this take anybody by surprise, let alone be a downer.

If the matter is animation, I won't say anything, but it's not like Gintama has ever had stellar animation anyway.

It's true that the animation was never amazing or anything. But this season was a noticeable downgrade from every other season. I don't think that's the only reason to criticize the season, but it's definitely one of them.

Jan 5, 2018 12:59 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Not complaining since 4 gintama anime are dominating the top 10 anime spots (including that recap arc thing which I don't really get) + this one is the weakest season IMO.
Jan 7, 2018 12:27 AM

Dec 2008
This season was very poor, I didn't enjoyed single episode. Giving 5 for this I'm not sure if I given to much.
Jan 7, 2018 9:30 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
PoeticJustice said:
HaXXspetten said:
Better question, why this one? Why is this season (which is actually really good so far) below 9 yet the shitty Rakuyo arc from the Winter season is still at 9.04?

smh

people are scared of gintama. it is better than Fma brotherhood. they are just bringing it down

LMAO FMAB is better then Gintama just except the facts bro and Gintama isnt the greatest anime ever just saying that award goes to FMAB
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Jan 7, 2018 9:33 PM

Jul 2015
MemberTriggered said:
PoeticJustice said:

people are scared of gintama. it is better than Fma brotherhood. they are just bringing it down

LMAO FMAB is better then Gintama just except the facts bro and Gintama isnt the greatest anime ever just saying that award goes to FMAB
FMAB is great but not as good as it's manga counterpart and is more of a moving manga according to @RainyRai who usually makes good argument on why, while Gintama goes out of it's why to push what a anime is supposed to do in it's own medium(like the Shitting paint opening in Episode 183, the 4th wall breaking segments, the different artstyles like the paintings with Utsuro's flashback etc.)
Sup...
Jan 8, 2018 10:33 AM

Jan 2015
S-quare22 said:
Because a lot of people are taking MAL ratings seriously and this shouldn't be a thing.

Getting triggered because of a score is what I'd call stupid.

Well, to be honest, this arc isn't really that good so...

Honestly, gintama fans are the ones taking it seriously. I didn't see any other fanbase where they cry about the ratings that much. There are 5 gintama entries in top10, and every single gintama season has at least 1 topic about 'why are there so many haters downvoting"... this is just a joke at this point.
Jan 8, 2018 10:46 AM
May 2009
If I remember correctly, one must have marked 1/5 of the episodes as watched for their score to affect the statistics. So naturally when the season is shorter, you need to watch less episodes for your rating to count. Of course there will be people who didn't watch at all and mark the show on their lists just to give a bad score. But with a 12 episode season there will also be a lot of people who rate it based on the 2-3 first episodes and then drop it.
Jan 8, 2018 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
ImAWeebUwU said:
S-quare22 said:
Because a lot of people are taking MAL ratings seriously and this shouldn't be a thing.

Honestly, gintama fans are the ones taking it seriously. I didn't see any other fanbase where they cry about the ratings that much. There are 5 gintama entries in top10, and every single gintama season has at least 1 topic about 'why are there so many haters downvoting"... this is just a joke at this point.
Yeah, let's look at one thread instead just ignore the countless alternate accounts giving it 1's and 10's, or the 1/10 Reviews telling people to die or calling them cancer, and the people calling out the actual Gintama fans

what are you going to cherry pick from next time?(Violet Evergarden being labeled as a summer anime but being a Winter 2018 anime? Monogatatari rating?)
SenpaiJay98Jan 8, 2018 1:07 PM
Sup...
Jan 8, 2018 2:23 PM

Jan 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

Yeah, let's look at one thread instead just ignore the countless alternate accounts giving it 1's and 10's, or the 1/10 Reviews telling people to die or calling them cancer, and the people calling out the actual Gintama fans

what are you going to cherry pick from next time?(Violet Evergarden being labeled as a summer anime but being a Winter 2018 anime? Monogatatari rating?)

I'm not looking at one thread, literally every gintama entrys forum section is full of them. So what?? Every top show gets haters. Man no wonder this overrated show is in top10, with fanboys like this jesus.
Jan 8, 2018 2:35 PM

Jul 2015
ImAWeebUwU said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

I'm not looking at one thread, literally every gintama entrys forum section is full of them. So what?? Every top show gets haters. Man no wonder this overrated show is in top10, with fanboys like this jesus.
Yes it is just one thread for SS now lol, and there is more people in and bots complaining with the 1/10's

and it's YOUR opinion that you think it's overrated(yes those exist, shocking right)
Sup...
Jan 8, 2018 3:00 PM

Jul 2015
topazio said:
Maybe. But since Gintama fans just do the same with other shows, I would say this is just cosmic justice. A very slow and ineffective one at that, but still.
....uh, not true like Gintama fanboys are like less than the minority to do this lololololol https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1692993
Sup...
Jan 9, 2018 10:56 AM

Jun 2013
ImAWeebUwU said:
S-quare22 said:

of course you'll cry when a favorite of yours gets shitted on and downvoted just because "its gintama and it had too many entries" like, fucking really?
Jan 9, 2018 11:12 AM

Feb 2016
To be honest I find this is the same as typical gintama the same as every time

So basically if you don'tike this season this means you also don't like gintama in general
Jan 9, 2018 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
ThEoNePugNA said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

of course you'll cry when a favorite of yours gets shitted on and downvoted just because "its gintama and it had too many entries" like, fucking really?

Of course, I can't care less about MAL ratings, and nolifes downvoting a series I like... grow up perhaps.
Jan 9, 2018 12:46 PM

Jul 2015
ImAWeebUwU said:
ThEoNePugNA said:

Of course, I can't care less about MAL ratings, and nolifes downvoting a series I like... grow up perhaps.
tell that to all the butt hurt mal fans that just can't use another site if they don't like how this site is handled
Sup...
Jan 9, 2018 12:52 PM

Jan 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
ImAWeebUwU said:

tell that to all the butt hurt mal fans that just can't use another site if they don't like how this site is handled

This will be my last time replying to you, if you can't understand a simple english text.
every single popular show gets 1/10 scores, not only gintama, but only 10 year old gintama fanboys like you start QQ topics like this. Is it hard to understand this sentence?
Jan 9, 2018 1:12 PM

Jul 2015
ImAWeebUwU said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

This will be my last time replying to you, if you can't understand a simple english text.
every single popular show gets 1/10 scores, not only gintama, but only 10 year old gintama fanboys like you start QQ topics like this. Is it hard to understand this sentence?
But it's ONE thread, and there is threads on the other shows hat get 1/10's also

and first of all, some of the guys who made these "butthurt threads", have only seen some of the anime and is curious why(so do your research on the people before assuming they're hardcore Gintama fans) like this guy who made this thread(he makes threads just to make threads at times in general in mal lol) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1583301

and ... Gintama fans barely do anything with the ratings in teh first place(scroll down to see some facts or you can just do it yourself...but I know you don't like facts unless it agrees with you) https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1692993

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1657294 hell even Owarimongatari fans talked about the 1/10's lololol, and you already saw ehat the Evergarden one was with the stats
SenpaiJay98Jan 9, 2018 1:19 PM
Sup...
Jan 19, 2018 11:03 AM
Dec 2014
This season was as funny as the other to me.I think the rate should be between 3 and 10.
Jan 26, 2018 5:08 PM

Sep 2015
To be frank, I just felt this was the worst Gintama season so I rated this an 8/10, unlike every other season I rated a 10/10. I don't like this season because not only is the animation, sound direction, and editing the most incompetent the series has to offer but I also really didn't see the need of having another season before the Silver Soul ark. It bittered the taste for me while I was waiting for the final ark, especially since the arks stopped really being funny after the first few (I know crazy right), out of a mix of impatience and again, lackluster directing. They should have just adapted these as OVAs that ran throughout the year, up until the final arc, or alongside it. It would have been overall less noticeable then. Thankfully the Silver Soul arc made the anime a masterpiece again, so I have nothing else to complain about.
Mar 4, 2018 7:16 PM
Mar 2014
i think this one is scored lower than the rest of gintama is right,this one is not really good as gintama hardcore fans i kinda disappointed on this one ~
Apr 13, 2018 11:05 PM

Oct 2017
tbh even as a fan I have to say this season wasn't as great as the others. But in general it does seem like haters try to downvote Gintama because they are salty that its so highly rated
Apr 13, 2018 11:07 PM

Oct 2017
MemberTriggered said:
PoeticJustice said:

FMA:B is generic as fuck and has a shit protagonist. Doesn't come close to Gintama in any way
Apr 17, 2018 10:58 PM

Oct 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Better question, why this one? Why is this season (which is actually really good so far) below 9 yet the shitty Rakuyo arc from the Winter season is still at 9.04?

smh

Rakuyo despite flaws was much better than this boring season
Sep 15, 2018 6:43 AM
Sep 2018
Actually, they want much action rather than the comedy. Consider that Porori-hen is a breather episodes that chapters aren't aired yet.

So the moment comedy starts, you need to lie low on action and have fun.
Mar 12, 2019 7:05 AM

Mar 2018
The most corny comedy arcs in one season. It had it moments but it stinks of mediocrity.

Mediocre (4)/10 IMO.

Lol dont let ratings bother you. Code Geass sucks ass but it is at the Top 20.
Mar 12, 2019 7:07 AM

Mar 2018
Aardwolf94 said:
tbh even as a fan I have to say this season wasn't as great as the others. But in general it does seem like haters try to downvote Gintama because they are salty that its so highly rated

Not anime related tag....

You use Aard as a main magic on Witcher 3?Wew! #QuenForPresident
Feb 5, 2020 1:07 AM
Feb 5, 2020 9:03 PM
Feb 2020
I really like this website and also in reference with <a href="http://www.lapolo.in/">lapolo</a>
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama. Porori-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

-Stray - Oct 1, 2017

174 by aboosejp »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 24, 2017

90 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 17, 2017

94 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Dec 10, 2017

55 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 2:23 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Porori-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Dec 3, 2017

75 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 6, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.