Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2010 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The fights were on a bigger scale than expected, this was nowhere scientific. What does not mean it was bad, it was great. And Kongou finally showed her LVL4 skills :)
The last scenes were very nice, too. Even when it was a bit too much of an happy end, even Telestina survived...

What a shame the series wasted so many episodes, it could have been much better.
Mar 19, 2010 12:22 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2010 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
Kongo will show her skills?!
OMG YES!

Damn it, now I want to see it so badly. ;__;
Mar 19, 2010 2:25 PM

Oct 2009
I knew the fight was going to be amazing but I have to farming now...:( Sry can't be with you guys here......I'll make sure to make a nice GIF on Kongou's power display ...Well it's done here is Aero Hand!=>
The brutal violence of a insane women of the name Telestina....seriously screw her for hitting Shirai/Misaka + Uiharu...D:< =>
This was a nice Robot sudden surge from the ground=>
Saten sure is amazing when angry...they showed pretty well her anger her but also her crying/sadness was well shown in this series....=>
The first part here Shirai was the most incredible next to Kongou's "Aero Hand" just brilliant how she used her skills=>
So was Misaka at like 1 minute into the show with this=>
Pretty good but it will never beat her 2 best ones here to remember for how amazing she is......=>

----------------------Now for some responses---------------------------

HoaRy said:
The fights were on a bigger scale than expected, this was nowhere scientific. What does not mean it was bad, it was great. And Kondou finally showed her LVL4 skills :)
Yeah Aero hand! Made of GIFs of that and its amazing just to watch them to find out more about it.
HoaRyThe last scenes were very nice, too. Even when it was a bit too much of an happy end, even Telestina survived...[/quote said:

Yeah that Telestina....wish she was dead in the end but at least it could open up to a second season and explains more why level 6 was pursued by someone else.....who could have easily taken Telestina's data.
HoaRyWhat a shame the series wasted so many episodes, it could have been much better.[/quote said:
No not at all.....the fillers were a nice extra to learn about the many things of characters....although I might not remember it all it was interesting while watching....
ReaperEXE said:
That ended a hell of a lot better than I thought it would. It's a shame that most of Railgun was filler though.

Yeah it ended much better but then again Kiddy Girl and #23 is also having the same effect and Ookami had the opposite for its ending.
ReaperEXE said:
Kiyama sensei was easily the most interesting character of this series. >_>
No........it was Uiharu and Saten the most interesting ones....I would say Kiyama/Telestina were the most interesting in their level 6 experiments although Kiyama was the first to back out of it.
OrochiPL said:
Also, good to hear "Only my Railgun" and "Dear my friend" once more..
You are joking my friend.....those songs were so well inserted I was astonished by how well almost as well place as that episode 12 itself.
francismeunierMar 20, 2010 5:14 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 19, 2010 4:00 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was friggin EPIC! and as HoaRy said:
What a shame the series wasted so many episodes, it could have been much better.

5/5 for this episode

aaand now, time to read the Index novels :D i heard somewhere vol 20 is already out

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Mar 19, 2010 5:08 PM

Apr 2009
That ended a hell of a lot better than I thought it would. It's a shame that most of Railgun was filler though. I can only hope that we have some more of this (and Index... more so Index) to look forward to; there is definitely more of this story to be told. Unfortunately, one good episode doesn't make up for 20-odd bad ones. For some reason, I think that the only thing I'll remember regarding Railgun is that Kuroko is more of a raging lesbian that I initially thought her to be (way more). Other than the unnecessary amounts of filler, the only other problem I have is character development for such irrelevant characters. They should have done the 'Accelerator Arc'. It would have been neat to see that from Misaka's point of view. I suppose it was a mistake to think that Railgun would be interesting just because I found Index to be interesting. In the end, Magic > Science; Overall 5/10

Kiyama sensei was easily the most interesting character of this series. >_>
ReaperEXEMar 20, 2010 2:25 AM
Mar 19, 2010 5:52 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was just epic.

Kongou-san's power was really cool, and I loved it when Misaka was all like "KUROKOOOO!". And Saten got to use her bat! There was even a Touma/Index cameo.

8/10 for me, because I felt there was a lull in the middle.
Mar 19, 2010 5:56 PM

Dec 2008
Great end but too many crappy filler eps, should have been like this from start to end.
Kiyama looks hotter with the eye bags, its a nice touch.
Mar 19, 2010 6:27 PM

Nov 2008
I am NOT satisfied.

They pull out so much lame action all of the sudden to make up for the fillers? Not only that; is it Full Metal Alchemist up in here? Philosopher's Stone? This series was not worth the watch.
Mar 19, 2010 6:57 PM
Jan 2010
While the ending was great the series itself did kinda fall short IMO. I was really hoping for a Index season 2 announcement and I'm sure I wasn't the only one but I guess they might do it in an ova later. Overall I would say this was a decent series so I'll stick with my 8/10
Mar 19, 2010 6:58 PM

Aug 2009
The lines everyone said were really corny :s beta beta x_x

Great action scenes. Not comparing with it, but the highway battle reminded me of FF advent children :3
[right]

Mar 19, 2010 7:33 PM

Jun 2009
Yay... Saten-san! ^^ Misaka, Kuroko and Kongou rocked aswell, and even Uiharu wasn't usless.
Also, good to hear "Only my Railgun" and "Dear my friend" once more.
It's end already, hmm... i'll give this 8 after all.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 19, 2010 7:40 PM
Jul 2008
I totally loved the KurokoxKongo and KurokoxMisaka combi!
>A< kongo finally showed us her skillz- i think this ep was the best, and the ep with most action out of the 24 eps. so touching at the end as well >_<

I would have loved it if they brought misaka's "immouto" in the anime ;)
Mar 19, 2010 7:57 PM

Apr 2008
The action was pretty good, as to be expected of this episode. I was really hoping Saten was going to take that bat right to Telestina's head, though. The Kuroko assist was pretty epic. Guess there are a couple advantages to having a stalker. When they've got teleportation powers, that is...

Telestina continued to be one dimensionally evil and her plot was pretty ridiculous, so that's some points down for the finale, but I still liked it. The series, on the other hand, is extremely mediocre. Even more so than the disjointed and inconclusive Index anime. I'd thought I would like this one better, since the sisters arc was my favorite part of Index, but the incessant fillers and simply adequate plot on those precious few parts that weren't just left me bored. It was never so bad that I dropped it entirely, but that's about all I can say for it. Didn't help that it never even touched on this side of the sisters, which is what I really wanted to see.

The only real positives I can give this series is a great title and that it knew how to do action on the rare occasions it bothered to. Sadly, even the fantastic concept that is a chain whip made of electromagnetically controlled iron sand cannot save it.
Mar 19, 2010 8:09 PM

Feb 2010
Not a bad ending, all is good in the end I still believe they should have had some more Touma :O
Mar 19, 2010 8:15 PM

Sep 2008
Epic last Episode

Overall the series left me a little disappointed but not much.

Could done without all those Fillers.

I still enjoyed watching it tho.
Mar 19, 2010 8:43 PM

Dec 2009
capacity down was scrambling my brain for a few minutes....

somehow it turned into a mecha anime in the last few eps, but that battle rocked. still needed a baseball bat to finish it, lol.

need another season with misaka + touma!!!
Mar 19, 2010 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
ilikeyouevenmore said:
capacity down was scrambling my brain for a few minutes....

somehow it turned into a mecha anime in the last few eps, but that battle rocked. still needed a baseball bat to finish it, lol.

need another season with misaka + touma!!!

I know. I thought Railgun turned into a mecha anime too. XD

I found it weird to have three insert songs this episode, but I'm fine with that since it was the last episode and all.
Mar 19, 2010 8:55 PM

May 2009
porkypink said:
The lines everyone said were really corny :s
It did feel a bit awkward. And gawd, Telestina/Beato's voice is so annoying.

It was a decent ending though, but overall I'm disappointed because of this last arc and all the fillers. At least the fillers were pretty good and the Level Upper arc was great. It was an enjoyable anime; not sure what to rate it.
Mar 19, 2010 8:59 PM

Mar 2009
I liked it, it was fine.
And Shirai san combining with Kongou san and with Misaka san was great.

She's pretty cool, actually xD And gotta love the Railgun...
Mar 19, 2010 9:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
again, filler arc is disappointing. I'll pretend the second half of the season never existed....

That cliche villain ruined it all :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 19, 2010 9:15 PM

Jun 2008
NOOO its the finale, no more BiriBiri, no more Kuroko.

Oh well, It was good while it lasted, the second half of the season wasn't as good as the first half, BUT WHO CARES, in the end I got what I wanted: BiriBiri as the main character, and no fucking, annoying, good-for-nothing index to ruin the show.

I'll miss Railgun a lot, the awesomeness of BiriBiri, the yuri antics of Kuroko, the skirt flipping of Saten, and the fact that we didn't have to listen to Touma and his incredibly horrible attempts of being a main character. I truly enjoyed this series.

Final Score:

RAILGUN>>>>>>>>>>>>index (the anime)

BiriBiri>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>index (the character)
--ALEX--Mar 19, 2010 9:19 PM
Mar 19, 2010 9:16 PM

Apr 2009
Highlights for me

KrimsonMar 19, 2010 9:20 PM
Mar 19, 2010 9:30 PM

Jan 2010
AWESOME last episode :D
Railgun would have been MUCH MUCH better without the fillers :)

Glad they showed all the characters in the last episode ^-^
Misaka and Shirai combi was great :)
Glad Kongo got some screan time too.And the reaveal of her powers ;)
Wonder why Touma smiled in the ending....O.O
Mar 19, 2010 9:37 PM

Dec 2008
He was smiling because this show finally ended D=
Mar 19, 2010 9:59 PM

Apr 2008
well .. its not a bad ending 8/10

Mar 19, 2010 10:09 PM

Feb 2010
Bio said:
I was really hoping Saten was going to take that bat right to Telestina's head, though.

Seconded.

Mar 19, 2010 10:14 PM

Sep 2008
Darn it! Kiyama's bags under her eyes were part of her charm!
Of course they weren't guinea pigs though... they're more like furniture.

At least Ritsu woke up in time for K-ON!!...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2010 10:19 PM

Jun 2009
Bio said:
I was really hoping Saten was going to take that bat right to Telestina's head, though.

Kongou comes out of nowhere and starts busting shit up? wtf?
Saten was useful? WTF?
Beato survived getting railguned? wtf?

Anyways, it was pretty cool when they played the OP songs during the fights (Only My Railgun>Judgelight), and Misaka being such a BAMF was awesome too. The first half of the series was good, then the fillers sort of killed it, and finally there is a good final episode. Overall the series was better and more entertaining than Index, so I give it a 7/10. Now off to read the light novels and mango.
-DerpMar 19, 2010 11:43 PM
Mar 19, 2010 10:28 PM

Jul 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
At least Ritsu woke up in time for K-ON!!...

LOL!

Well I liked the ending, it was sweet. Especially the whole Happy bday sensei thing. It was a warm and fuzzy ending.

Overall, this anime was pretty entertaining. It might have got a 9 for me if it stayed a bit more consistent and not rush a whole arc in that last 3-4 episodes. 8/10 nonetheless.
Mar 19, 2010 10:45 PM

Jul 2009
Syllen said:
He was smiling because this show finally ended D=
I loled, well i'll be waiting for Index season 2 not Railgun season 2..

Well see ya
Mar 19, 2010 10:56 PM

Jun 2007
Like what was mentioned already, this series was a major letdown. I still found it good....just not something I'd want to see a second season of. Index season 2 on the other hand I am excited for.
Mar 19, 2010 11:13 PM

Feb 2009
I thought I heard Revy for a few seconds there at the end, but Revy wouldn't have lost to a bunch of kids with a full body mecha suit.
Mar 19, 2010 11:38 PM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
again, filler arc is disappointing. I'll pretend the second half of the season never existed....

Pretty much this, although if I were to say what's really on my mind, the Internet would explode. Let's just say that it was not what I was expecting...

I MEAN, COME ON? A 50M RAILGUN? THE NERVE OF THESE PRICKS! Also, Railgun=/= a goddamn laser beam. It's a piece of heavily magnetized metal and it WILL shoot forward as long as it's energy doesn't run out. Then again, this is a world whete magic is available, so yeah...
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Mar 19, 2010 11:58 PM
Nov 2009
great ending at least. up my grade from 7 to 8. need more Index.
Mar 20, 2010 12:22 AM
Feb 2010
SentiNel said:
wakka9ca said:

Pretty much this, although if I were to say what's really on my mind, the Internet would explode. Let's just say that it was not what I was expecting...

I MEAN, COME ON? A 50M RAILGUN? THE NERVE OF THESE PRICKS! Also, Railgun=/= a goddamn laser beam. It's a piece of heavily magnetized metal and it WILL shoot forward as long as it's energy doesn't run out. Then again, this is a world whete magic is available, so yeah...

Its not especially "scientific" but the point is that the projectile is moving so fast that friction causes its disintegration, fwiw. Lol not sure how she "willed" it through that other chick's shot at the end there, eh more power to Biribiri i guess...8 for the series, I'll forgive the fiiiiiilllllllller for the decency of the rest.
Mar 20, 2010 12:31 AM

May 2007
Would've been nice if more episodes were like this.
But meh, nice ending.

Now hoping they're make the Index sequel.

Mar 20, 2010 12:34 AM

Dec 2007
Probably not the best show out there, but i enjoyed watching it. The fillers take down the score a bit though, so it gets 7/10 by me.

a bit lame that the villain survived at the end, thought she died, that bitch!
Mar 20, 2010 12:48 AM

Sep 2009
A very satisfying ending compared to the many other horrible endings I have seen.
Mar 20, 2010 12:49 AM
Jul 2009
TAB said:
Would've been nice if more episodes were like this.
But meh, nice ending.

Now hoping they're make the Index sequel.

Well, in keeping with the trend up to this point, the next series should be either とあるレベル0スクルーガール or とある暖かい脱ぎ女.

Mar 20, 2010 1:05 AM

Mar 2009
Fail

2/10
Mar 20, 2010 1:08 AM

Nov 2009
much better ending than Index IMO

Still the series suffers from too much filler. As much as I like the characters we could have done without like 6 episodes easily.

And finally, STAEN-SAN IS THE COOlEST

That is all
Mar 20, 2010 1:13 AM
Apr 2009
Bah, wish there was more, but I enjoyed it =]
Mar 20, 2010 1:36 AM

Aug 2009
They should have better sticked to the "Sisters Arc"..
But at most was good series..
Mar 20, 2010 1:55 AM

Aug 2009
This...
WAS THE BEST EPISODE IN ANIME HISTORY EVER

Okay, sorry for the fangirl-ish caps.

Damn, this show is amazing. This episode was amazing. Kongou was amazing. Misaka was amazing. Kuroko was amazing. Saten was amazing. Everyone was amazing.
This was so touching. The battles were awesome. Misaka screaming KUROKO!! was... Aaargh, so cool! Kongou + Kuroko also make an awesome combo.

I don't know what I'm gonna rate it. If it wasn't for some of the fillers, it would've been a 10. But I'll give it a 9,5. For now.
Oh, and it's going straight into my favorites.

EDIT: Screw this, I'm giving this a 10
Samu-tanMar 20, 2010 1:59 AM
Mar 20, 2010 2:03 AM

Oct 2009
and what did Kuroko get in the end? nothing...

the ending was really lame>.< everything up to that was ok, but I did not like the stupid censorship thing with all the hints and nothing to show for...

well, there must be another season coming since it ended like this - so there is hope for the future (also I do not like majutsu no index, why does Kuroko have that in the MAL list as her "anime relation" since she is a main character in Railgun and not in majustsu??

Kyama won, and evil golden witch beato telestina lost... well, she was a fruitcake anyways, lol
Mar 20, 2010 2:05 AM

Aug 2009
sorsha said:
(also I do not like majutsu no index, why does Kuroko have that in the MAL list as her "anime relation" since she is a main character in Railgun and not in majustsu??l

Cause she's a supporting character in Index. >_>
Mar 20, 2010 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
good final battle scenes, a giant railgun was awesome! quote running through my head when watching this episode: "i reject your reality and substitute my own!" though just at the parts where the railguns were shoot.
so the kids are safe, kihara isn't going to be sleep deprived anymore and lonely, and misaka and co. can get back to a peaceful life in an academy city full of espers and magicians, and secret orders out for world domination
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 20, 2010 2:11 AM
Mar 2008
The final episode was great, but the series was overall mediocre, too many pointless episodes and uninteresting side stories.
5/10.
Mar 20, 2010 2:23 AM
Dec 2008
The show and ending was okay but some of the people here in this thread are really retarded.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM

» Why is there no CGDCT on this show?

Sagepool - Nov 30, 2023

14 by FZREMAKE »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Mar 12, 2010

212 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.