Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 27, 2017 4:58 AM

Dec 2012
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Interview #121 - @sunset ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

sunset

Hello everyone. Here goes another contribution of mine for the club. Our interviewee is someone I knew since some time ago. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I did.

Interview conducted by: @TimeToRepent

Tell us about yourself

I'm sunset, but I prefer to go by world, which was my previous username. I'm 20 years old, and i live in the American Pacific Northwest. I'm a 3rd year college student working to get my degree in history, and I make ends meet by working a retail job part time. There's only a few interests I have, mostly being music and fashion. I love music because it gives me purpose and it's actually saved my life a few times, and fashion because it gives me the confidence to be myself. I'm a very shy and introverted person both irl and online, and i rarely talk. I consider myself to be the proud parent of two adorable cats. I'm also hella boring if you can't tell, lol.

How did you choose your username?

I chose sunset for a few reasons. First, because i believe sunsets are beautiful. Second, I hate the sun and i can't wait for it to go away. Lastly, it signaled to me an end in a way. My previous username used to be World, as i said earlier, and something things happened in my personal life that made me wanna start over. Sunsets signal the end of the day, as does my username signal the end of a period of time in my life that i would rather forget.

Could you give us a brief history of your time on MAL?

I joined MAL in 2015 when I was 17, and my username then was SolarSZN. I went through a very cringey period of time immersing myself in the community here, and I had lots of fun. I would spend all of my time on forum games, which is where i still am today. In 2016, I changed my username to Worldstar, and I became more comfortable with my personality. I was able to make lots of friends and become well known in the board. Many people would call me just World, so i changed to World halfway in the year. Things stayed the same until two months ago, when I became sunset. The few people who've known me since I joined can vouch for me when I say i've changed a lot since i've joined.

Editor's note: Were you SolarSZN?? I PMd you back in 2015 '-'

Any users you like/dislike? Why?

There's a lot of users I like, which is surprising since I'm very distrustful of people. But I'll list a few:
@carousel : someone I can truly depend upon, someone i can consider family <3 ;
@matryoshka : the user I've known for the longest on this site, he teases me all the time but he's a genuinely good person;
@baconiskami-sama : one of my best friends, he's a great kid and gonna do great things;
@Brucie : I haven't spoken to her in a while, but she's a truly unique and good soul, and I miss her so much;
@SasoriUchiha : cutest furry I know :3 ;
@midnight : he's like rich chigga irl, hella cool dude that I love to talk to about music and random shit;
@-Ouro- : literally one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and super funny;
@Gracey : once you get to know her, she's truly sweet and amazing. she's a good friend.

As for dislikes, nobody in particular, plus I don't wanna call anybody out that I may have issues with.

How did you get into anime/manga?

I got into anime around 2013, and i heard about it a lot so I decided to give it a shot since I had nothing better to do when i was 15. My first anime was Angel Beats, and really hooked me. I loved the romance aspects, and romance is now my favorite anime genre, just ahead of comedy and slice of life. In retrospect, i can see its flaws now, but back then i thought it was the best thing ever, lmao. I could never really get too into manga, but i still read some shoujo now and then.

What other hobbies do you have outside of anime/manga and MAL?

For hobbies, I'm a very boring person and don't have many of them. I used to sculpt a bit and I was a musician for a few years. Now I basically spend all of my free time listening to music. If shopping could count as a hobby, then i'd say that, lol. I love buying new clothes and trying out new outfits. It makes me happy about how I look for once, as I've always been insecure about my appearance.

How do you feel about how the site is run? Especially in regards to the moderators and admins.

Eh, the site kinda seems lazily run, idk. I feel like there's a ton of features they could add to improve the experience (I WOULD LOVE A PREVIEW PROFILE BUTTON LIKE WITH FORUM SIGNATURES). As for mods and admins, I feel like admins do all of the heavy lifting honestly. I have issues with a few of the mods, actually. I'd rather not talk about that and risk getting banned lol.

Could you tell us about that "pop star" harem you had last year? I for one was interested in knowing about it.

The pop star harem was something silly i came up with when i was heavily obssessed with pop music. It was basically just a group of my favorite pop stars and i would just constantly be like " I LOVE HER I LOVE HER I LOVE HER" with whoever i was listening to the most. I would also design forum sets and profile layouts depending on which pop idol i thought was the best, as well as spam the forums with their songs. I liked it because it made me stand out in a way. At the time, nobody would use actual people for their forum sets, and then there I was with a Lady Gaga forum set. It also let me make some friends that also enjoyed pop music, so i'm grateful I did that. I'm honestly surprised it was that memorable, heh.

What's up with the self-loathing you sometimes display around?

My self loathing comes from years of being bullied irl, as well as my severe depression and anxiety. I basically think that what bad things people said about me are true. I'm also not good at taking compliments, because it's impossible for me to think very highly about myself. It's something i have been trying to stop, but it's really difficult, honestly.

So you used to sculpt years ago. Could you tell us what was this hobby like? Did you enjoy it?

It was mostly something i took for art credits in high school, since i couldnt draw to save my life. It's VERY fun, working with clay is great. I like the feeling of actually being able to shape anything you can think of with your bare hands. It can take a lot of time and patience, just like drawing or painting, and it's really messy. I made a bunch of cool little trinkets and stuff for my parents, that they still keep around to this day. I think it's neat, and I've been considering getting back into it.

What got you so hooked on fashion and clothes?

My love for fashion stemmed from my love for rap music, as many of my favorite rappers are considered trendsetters for fashion. It made me curious about fashion itself, and I decided to do some research about it. So far the only style that interests me is streetwear and urban fashion. I don't have the money to pay for any of the high end stuff, sadly. However I feel like with clothes, you can make do with anything and make it look amazing. Plus, fashion is a huge confidence boost. After all, there's that saying that clothes make the man. Wearing nice clothes makes me feel better about myself, so lately I've been spending lots of my money on more, nicer clothes.

What kind of things can put you off?

Honestly, I feel like compliments can put me off a lot. I never really liked when people said nice things about me, whether it's someone saying I'm nice or saying I made a cool profile layout. I can get annoyed fairly quickly from that. Also when people flirt with me. It really creeps me out and I get angry fairly quickly, which is where I kinda got a reputation for being tsundere. There's so much more I can list here. Like I can't stand being ignored, I don't like being teased, when people dislike my favorite musicians, and like lots of small, petty things. Lying annoys me the most of all, though. I can't stand it at all.

Do you see yourself leaving MAL in a future? If so, why?

I do, yes. I've actually tried a few times to leave but I kinda convinced myself to stay. It's just a matter of when, now. I can't stay here forever, I'd like to live a new and different life soon. I just feel like my time here on MALl is done. I don't watch as much anime as I used to anymore, plus I haven't been able to make any new friends in months, so i just feel like what's the point in staying. I do love this site though, and everything it's done for me. I made so many friends here that i'll never forget. Coming here changed my life in a lot of ways. But I do want to branch out and do other things. That means spending less and less time here, and eventually leaving all together.

Is there something unasked you would like to talk about?

Hmm, not really. I can't really think of anything else to talk about.

Any feedback on the interview format?

I have no issues with the interview format either, it seems fine to me.

Can you recommend us 3 members who we can choose from to interview next and briefly explain why you would love to read their interviews?

I'd love to see:
@carousel because e's my bestie and I would love to see what he has to say
@Matryoshka because he's the definition of mysterious and if you can pry any info out of him that would be great
@magic because she has so many interesting furry stories to tell :3

End of the interview.
TimeToRepentNov 27, 2017 5:26 AM

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 27, 2017 8:32 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
eyyyyy, good interview

lowkey wouldn't mind a pop star harem myself, if they were all cute at least

Nov 27, 2017 10:32 AM

Mar 2017
Nov 27, 2017 2:21 PM

Jan 2016
Yes, finally.
Nov 27, 2017 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
kool

its nice to learn about users that have a interesting history
Nov 27, 2017 11:18 PM

Jul 2015
a very talented person who doesn't have much confidence in itself, huhu. i see myself in you. i hope everything goes well for you, sunset

Please send deliveries here.
All resources belong to their respective owners.
Set by: Nate
Nov 28, 2017 1:54 AM

Jan 2012
Such a cute interview @sunset Ellie-chan.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Nominations V2 ( 1 2 )

Skittles - Nov 21, 2021

64 by Dapper_Dhampir14 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:01 PM

» Interview 24 - Kineta

Daconator - Jun 10, 2015

15 by cornonacob »»
Aug 5, 2023 3:36 PM

» Interview #267 - lpf

spaceslut - Mar 28, 2023

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Mar 29, 2023 9:30 AM

» Interview #254 - IrrelevantGuy

NextUniverse - Apr 9, 2022

8 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:30 AM

» Interview #200 - Shinah

Mimurona - Oct 13, 2019

10 by Shinah »»
Mar 9, 2023 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.