Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 27, 2017 2:20 AM
Oct 2017
I thought this show was gonna be meh as it has score of 7.7 . But i gave it a try and it is
good ROMCOM show. It Deserve a 8 and is better than SAO in term of romance .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2017 2:34 AM

Oct 2015
7.76 isn't high enough for you? It isn't even that special to begin with. It's lucky enough to even have a positive feedback on this website. (If you're still worried about the ratings it's pretty obvious that it'll hit an 8 once it finishes airing)
EGOISTNov 27, 2017 2:37 AM
Nov 27, 2017 2:47 AM

Dec 2015
Why do you even consider a 7.7 score a 'meh'??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 27, 2017 3:16 AM

Oct 2015
Must you realize that MAL average score is one of the most broken score system I've seen. 7.7 is high enough for this kind of show. If I see it on 8.3, I swear on the same footing as Joe.

And inb4, someone still uses SAO as a valid comparison.
-Lofn-Nov 27, 2017 3:40 AM

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Nov 27, 2017 4:22 AM

Oct 2015
It's a high score for this type of show.
Nov 27, 2017 4:30 AM

Dec 2015
I know what you mean. Unfornutaly, on MAL people don't always vote fairly. For example, you have to downgrade at least 1 point of all gintama seasons to know his fair score. And on this case, I belive you have to upgrade at least 0.5 on comedy/romance shows. And I totally agree with you about this show beeing underated. It's only behind MahouTsukai this season and definitely deserves to be on the top 5 of the year
Nov 27, 2017 4:47 AM

Apr 2015
Jhon_Bacon said:
I thought this show was gonna be meh as it has score of 7.7

This is the first problem with this post.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 27, 2017 5:27 AM
Jul 2018
I get the impression that you don't trust MAL scores that often, but tbh its just a pretty eh to broken system, that aside its a good show.

... Btw why bring the SAO argument even? It's not even something comparable. .-.
Nov 27, 2017 10:20 AM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
Most people don't even rate the show until the end of the season.
Nov 27, 2017 10:41 AM

Oct 2015
FittsCo said:
The system is not broken, morons. There’s this thing called “subjectivity” that we use to rate shows. I like SAO more, not because it is a well written story.
That's basically the point. MAL average score runs on community score. The same shit why Crunchyroll awards was bashed for. That is why there is little reason to use the average score to search for "good" anime/manga.

Nov 27, 2017 2:24 PM
Dec 2013
I find the show to be pretty meh. I actually find the real world stuff far more interesting than the MMO stuff but I get the feeling that the plot point of them discovering each other's identities is something that's gonna get dragged out for a while.

Honestly I feel like this would be a much better show if they just got that out of the way and moved on in the way And You Thought There Is Never a Girl Online? handled it.

I'm not saying this show is better or worse than that show but I prefer the way it handled the identities vastly to the way this show is dragging it out.
Nov 27, 2017 3:39 PM
Dec 2013
stone616 said:
I find the show to be pretty meh. I actually find the real world stuff far more interesting than the MMO stuff but I get the feeling that the plot point of them discovering each other's identities is something that's gonna get dragged out for a while.

Honestly I feel like this would be a much better show if they just got that out of the way and moved on in the way And You Thought There Is Never a Girl Online? handled it.

I'm not saying this show is better or worse than that show but I prefer the way it handled the identities vastly to the way this show is dragging it out.

I watched a bit more and when the show gets past all the bs of people not knowing who they are it's a drastically better show like I thought it would be.
Nov 27, 2017 9:33 PM
Jul 2016
Ratings are subjective, and based on the community, and since anime is obviously action oriented something more steoreotypically rom com will get a lower score, and basing the rating on the community is the best way to get an average of how the community as a whole views the anime not only rom com fans. A typical viewer of MAL will likely fall within the middle of the spectrum so i find this rating system fair. If someone likes romance they will obviously give more points just cuz it is romance, and unfortunately most of the anime community is not into rom com.
Nov 27, 2017 9:51 PM
Oct 2017
I dont fucking care what you think about plot. I just love this anime and plot wise it is better than plothole movie your name.
Nov 27, 2017 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
Jhon_Bacon said:
I dont fucking care what you think about plot. I just love this anime and plot wise it is better than plothole movie your name.

If you don't care what people think, why make a post asking people why they rated the anime so low
Nov 27, 2017 10:28 PM

Oct 2015
FittsCo said:
LofnEdda said:
That's basically the point. MAL average score runs on community score. The same shit why Crunchyroll awards was bashed for. That is why there is little reason to use the average score to search for "good" anime/manga.

That's literally every rating, as much as we want to be able to say "this is well made" or "this is good." No, "I like it" is correct.
Yeah, that is why I don't bother looking at the rating. I read the reviews.

Nov 28, 2017 2:13 AM
Jul 2011
@LofnEdda
I read the reviews.

But they are subjective too.

The best way is to try the show yourself and then read what people are saying about it, because maybe you missed something...or they missed something.

I always go for my preferred genres and themes, then preferred authors and studios, then some randomly chosen stuff and only then for the most popular shows.
70% of the time the last ones are really stupid and can be enjoyed only ironically (like SAO or SnK).
Nov 28, 2017 2:58 AM

Oct 2015
@megaload

I choose anime recommended by my friends and I choose randomly. I said I "read" reviews is not the reason why I'll watch a show. It's my own decision whether I want to watch it if it looks interesting. But yeah, reviews are still subjective, in the end, you are the one making your own thoughts. But most of the helpful reviews can really be "special". But imo, it's just the general conscious of the fans is the problem. The amount of users who doesn't use the rating system to most of it's use is up there.
-Lofn-Nov 28, 2017 3:02 AM

Nov 28, 2017 3:38 AM
Jul 2011
@LofnEdda
I choose anime recommended by my friends and I choose randomly.

You are in luck because most of my friends have taste in different animes then me.
We have only a few common points.
Like all of them appreciated Mushishi but no one Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.
Dec 1, 2017 2:44 AM

May 2012
Yea I don't understand the rating. It should be around 5 at most.

I only watched 1st episode, and it was trash. I knew it was trash the moment I read the Synopsis and saw Netoge no Yome in the recommendation section

Jhon_Bacon said:

I don't watch SAO for romance only

SAO has romance, action, story, plot, antagonists, death, cute/hot looking characters etc

Dec 1, 2017 8:34 AM
Jul 2012
See you shouldn't trust scores on MAL people rate things based off of enjoyment for some reason on here instead of scores that series actually deserve.
Dec 1, 2017 9:46 AM

Mar 2013
Calm down OP. It's not that serious.

MAL's rating system shouldn't be the end all be all. Just like the show. Rate it what you think it should be and move on. You can't force your opinion on others.

It's the internet. It's not that serious.
Dec 1, 2017 10:22 AM
Nov 2017
Wasshio said:
I get the impression that you don't trust MAL scores that often, but tbh its just a pretty eh to broken system, that aside its a good show.

... Btw why bring the SAO argument even? It's not even something comparable. .-.

I also agree with you .........!!!!!
They are both different from each other at their story plot .
Dec 1, 2017 10:41 AM

Nov 2017
thepath said:
I only watched 1st episode, and it was trash.

This is one of the worst things about internet "criticism" today. Things that objectively are not trash are called trash anyway just because they weren't perfect. Something is either an irredeemable 0 or a perfect 10, there's nothing between the two. And there are zero objective considerations involved, so even if the animation is some of the best ever but the viewer didn't like the story, the show is trash and doesn't have a single good thing about it.
Dec 1, 2017 12:04 PM

May 2012
Jakerams said:
See you shouldn't trust scores on MAL people rate things based off of enjoyment for some reason on here instead of scores that series actually deserve.

I thought enjoyment is what matters. If I don't enjoy anime then why I should rate it high

Also, I disagree about MAL people rate things based on enjoyment. A lot of people on MAL rate anime based on how "well written the story", or animation quality or if it has plot holes or not, or how faithful the adaptation of the manga . I don't care that much about these stuff. Berserk 2017 anime was enjoyable despite the animation. Also, Ousama Game in this season was enjoyable, at least it is better than watching boring shows like Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

Dec 1, 2017 12:07 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
7.7 = meh

never change MAL
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 1, 2017 12:24 PM
Jul 2012
thepath said:
Jakerams said:

I thought enjoyment is what matters. If I don't enjoy anime then why I should rate it high

Also, I disagree about MAL people rate things based on enjoyment. A lot of people on MAL rate anime based on how "well written the story", or animation quality or if it has plot holes or not, or how faithful the adaptation of the manga . I don't care that much about these stuff. Berserk 2017 anime was enjoyable despite the animation. Also, Ousama Game in this season was enjoyable, at least it is better than watching boring shows like Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou

Not all series are meant to be enjoyed. Some series are just made to make the watchers/readers feel a certain way but that doesn't change the fact that I can hate a series but still understand that it's a great series.
Dec 1, 2017 5:33 PM

Jul 2015
Unfortunately, there are people who rated the anime as early as episode 1. But I do agree that it deserves a higher score considering how it managed to tell a good story in a span of 10 episodes.

Nevertheless, there are other ways to improve its status here in MAL such as giving it a good review or recommending it.
Dec 1, 2017 5:47 PM

Aug 2015
you see, people have different opinions. People can give it whatever score it deserves, and likewise for you. if you think its good then give it a high score. who cares what the average score is. just watch the show and give it a rating based on how much you liked it. I usually just ignore the scores/reviews/anyone else's opinion because at the end of the day they mean nothing to me
Dec 1, 2017 6:10 PM

Mar 2009
It's doing well considering what it's about.
Dec 1, 2017 6:17 PM

Jan 2010
Nobody trust MAL score. I have anime I truly enjoyed that have a 6 score (which is bad according to mal average)
So yeah, never trust MAL score
Dec 2, 2017 11:28 PM

May 2016
Jakerams said:

Not all series are meant to be enjoyed.

What? Animes aren't like documentary movies, nor have too much deepness. What kind of emotions are you talking about. No point not to make them for enjoyment.
Dec 3, 2017 10:25 AM
Jul 2012
Frigyesur said:
Jakerams said:

Not all series are meant to be enjoyed.

What? Animes aren't like documentary movies, nor have too much deepness. What kind of emotions are you talking about. No point not to make them for enjoyment.
I didn't mention anime in specific but series as a whole for example some series are meant to be super depressing or some series purpose is to make the person watching/reading it mad or angry.
Dec 3, 2017 10:42 AM

Jul 2017
Higher? That's kind of greedy. I don't think it's worthy of an 8+, but I do like it.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Dec 3, 2017 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
7.7is not LOW. There are way lower Scores this Season Alone. Ex: Black Clover and King's Game
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2017 10:45 AM

Nov 2016
AniAmber said:
Higher? That's kind of greedy. I don't think it's worthy of an 8+, but I do like it.

Nice Mari Forum Set
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2017 11:09 AM

Jul 2017
-KaneKo- said:
AniAmber said:

Nice Mari Forum Set

Thank you, but all I did was crop the original picture lol

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Dec 3, 2017 3:33 PM

Aug 2010
just look at the score of imoutou sae ireba ii. That'sa solid show, yet due to the premise, lots of faggits gave bad scores to it. Scores don't matter shoot here
Dec 3, 2017 5:23 PM

Jan 2013
Checking this "mal ratings" before watching a show is completely stupid. MAL ratings doesn't mean shit, you can watch every anime this season with below 7 and will end up liking it.
Dec 3, 2017 5:34 PM

Jul 2009
Stripesu said:
Most people don't even rate the show until the end of the season.

^ As it should be. Unless it's complete garbage like Ousama Game.
Dec 3, 2017 5:55 PM

Oct 2008
Who cares about ratings? XD
Go watch what you wanna and judge it yourself.
Dec 3, 2017 8:40 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
7.8 is a rather generous score to give, given its genre and whatnot. I think the average anime (that is usually unpopular and doesn't have some sequel or hype to it) per season gets a score of 7.5 or lower. Look where it's ranked with the other anime under Top Airing.

xD And give up trying to understand MAL and its ratings before you go insane. People throw 10s and 1s like it's nothing.
Dec 3, 2017 8:50 PM

Oct 2015
Rating is irrelevant as long as it not below 6, there are many animes that are rated highly simply based on meme and nostalgia. Also, it had been steadily increasing in rating since episode 1 so we can expect to see a higher rating.
Dec 4, 2017 12:06 AM
Mar 2016
give up to understand MAL rate
even most group fangay will make a dummy account to rate down a anime when that anime's rate above their anime

pgmhecateii said:
It's a good score for a good anime. SAO deserves better, though. T^T

sao? deserves better? better in garbage bin LOL
that was sh*t even until now
Dec 4, 2017 12:14 AM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
remember that not update after a time!!!
Dec 4, 2017 3:18 AM
Mar 2014
People write lengthy, serious reviews on anime original shows that are 4/24 episodes in as if it couldn't go to shit between the time they write it and the anime's end. Don't take average ratings remotely seriously, especially not before it has finished airing.

7.7 = meh says a lot about how people rate though, the numbers 2-6 are there for a reason my friend. For a slow paced non-highschool romcom about a NEET in her thirties this is a fantastic score.
Dec 4, 2017 5:15 AM

Nov 2016
its already overrated tbh, its fun but not that good to be 8/10.
Dec 4, 2017 5:51 AM
Nov 2015
Jhon_Bacon said:
I thought this show was gonna be meh as it has score of 7.7 . But i gave it a try and it is

It's obvious that you don't understand. You said it yourself that it's "good" hence the score should be 7 instead of 8.
Dec 4, 2017 12:51 PM
Aug 2011
if something is an 8 or above that usually means mal loves it.

I currently have it as an 8 because it really speaks to me on a personal level but even then a 7.82 is not meh at all. That's pretty dang good. What I would call meh by mal standard would be something with a 7 range to a 6.

Granted on mal a 5 is basically a 1 since scaling but 7.82 is pretty dang respectable. And even if it is not universally loved, who cares as long as you enjoy it.
Dec 4, 2017 2:27 PM

Nov 2013
agreed with almost everyone else
7 is an average rating o^o 6.Whatever is when you should start questioning MAL's taste

But yeah, this is a community score system. Not really something that's entirely reliable.
Watcher-count also makes the numbers a bit skewed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2017

312 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2017

178 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

186 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Mar 29, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Net-juu no Susume Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2017

155 by Forum »»
Feb 15, 8:23 AM

» The kind of ending I really hate

mufarari - Feb 7

4 by Musanka »»
Feb 9, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.