Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2017 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Minoa's family is kinda funny.

Nice to see Minoa and her friends spreading their anime culture. For the comedy parts, the talking cat got some random moments.

Also, really glad to see Bei Bei make her return this episode! The anime presentation they put up was very cartoony but amusing. It's clear they poured their passion into it.

Nov 26, 2017 6:15 AM

Apr 2010
So they managed to finish most of their anime in time and did the dancing part by themselves.
But it seems the student council wasn't the only one why wanted to sabotage the club judging from the cliffhanger.
Nov 26, 2017 7:43 AM

Apr 2016
Nice episode but, honestly i don't know what is more annoying, the talking cat or the student council trying to shut down the anime club in almost every episode.

The Anime club manage to finish their anime with the live dance but, they basically put the ED from anime into it. Talk about how to save money of a studio whenever it is possible. The principal finally shows up, looks like he's the true villain, he even looks like one.

Also at the very end the karaoke group was singing the same ED song, that was student council right ? LeL.
Nov 26, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2015
Minoa's father is secretly an otaku and was helping her with the anime. The club managed to finish it in time for the screening and it became a success. The ending was basically the ED. They worked very hard to make it happen. It was nice to see Bei Bei again. Looks like the student council president is not the only one that wants to shut down the club.
Nov 26, 2017 9:08 AM

Feb 2013
Her father is an otaku, nice, we all knew it though.
Their anime sucked.
Nov 26, 2017 9:12 AM
Jun 2015
From this episode i could assume that the "apocalypse" is basically clubs being forced to shut down and that the student council will betray the principal that was foreshadowed by the president's harsh apology and the karaoke scene in the end. Also i believe that Minoa's dad and gomon sensei gave a huge foreshadow to the beginning of the anime club to the given info that 1) the dad is also a otaku and 2) gomon's sentence was NOT finished when he mentioned something about a legendary choreography. 4 episodes left and i hope they can answer the questions they raised up, including why neko senpai can talk, the "apocalypse", Yui's fanservice scenes before the OP and what is the anime minoa watched as a child?

Overall, great episode!
Nov 26, 2017 9:23 AM
Nov 2017
I dont get this weird student council stuff on the end.
Also that talking cat is a little bit anoying, more every episode. He deserves this :P

Nov 26, 2017 9:53 AM

Dec 2015
their anime was amazing. 10/10. that poorly drawn megumin got me rollin'
Nov 26, 2017 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
Lol @ the references. I liked the dance. I'll just picture it in my head as if they didn't use CGI lol..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 26, 2017 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
Fresh prince of tennis. And we all know that Beibei is best girl
Nov 26, 2017 10:42 AM

Jun 2016
7 outta 10. Did not hate.

Beibei is bae.

Nov 26, 2017 10:52 AM

Sep 2015
Animegataris Episode 8 Impressions:

This episode was very straightforward and to the point. The anime club is in deep trouble, the cat encourages Minoa to work hard on the short, and in the end, they finish the anime short in time. Around this point in the episode, Minoa’s dad is revealed to be an otaku and was the one who was directing lines back at the convention where the anime club met BeiBei. That segment was pretty funny with her dad overreacting that his perfect father image was broken. He will definitely be supporting Minoa all the way when the anime club has their next project ready (Or when the apocalypse comes).

With the festival near, the club has decided to utilize their BDs and showcase a sample of different anime to get people interested in the event. Their effort of advertising managed to work out really well (I would like to imagine Kouki is responsible for 90% of the audience attending because of his charms, haha!). When it came to the club presenting the short on-stage, I had mixed feelings. When I saw that unfinished short, I honestly felt so embarrassed and was screaming “NO!”, yet I had my eyes glued and laughed pretty hard at some of the scenes. I was surprised that the crowd was really excited over the short in the end, despite the terrible animation and poor sound that was done so humorously well.

The utilization of Animegatari’s ending for the ending theme of the anime club’s short was pretty clever. Personally, I wish they did not re-use the CG and used 2D animation for the sequence, but I was not too bothered. By the end of the performance, the anime club event was a huge success, unsurprisingly. Good episode overall. The teaser of Tsubaki calling the principal definitely brings intrigue. Just what will happen in the next episodes from here? Animegataris has four episodes left to show the apocalypse. How chaotic will the situations for the anime club and Minoa be? Pretty hyped!
Nov 26, 2017 12:09 PM

Jun 2015
Wait people don't like Neko-senpai? He's my favorite lmao
Nov 26, 2017 1:06 PM
Apr 2014
Whats with the weird sexy close-ups of the sister in every episode...
Like lets pick a random body part and zoom in on it, add pink bg, shoujo sparkles, etc
Nov 26, 2017 1:28 PM

Mar 2008
Didn't count but this ep has about 50 references. They did go all out with it lmao.
Nov 26, 2017 2:24 PM

Sep 2013
They don't give up and they fill out the grounds somehow with their friends and family :'(
Mandatory china girl and nice idolu dance.
Nov 26, 2017 4:47 PM

Oct 2014
references,

references everywhere.
Nov 26, 2017 6:04 PM

Jan 2017
Don't punch neko-senpai in the face!
Nov 26, 2017 6:32 PM

Oct 2017
no but honestly this was everything i wanted
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Nov 26, 2017 8:54 PM

Mar 2013
This episode was much better than the previous one. I also really liked the references, especially the Gurren Lagann reference. The student council president still annoys the hell out of me but at least she didn't interfere much in this episode.

Nov 26, 2017 11:58 PM

Apr 2011
That Choreography is the legendary...wat? WAT!?!? Dammit! I want to know!
Nov 27, 2017 2:49 AM

Jun 2015
That council president is really annoying.
Nov 27, 2017 4:12 AM

Jan 2013
Behold the real face of evil...

REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Nov 27, 2017 5:19 AM
Oct 2017
definitely best episode so far. maybe, maybe the best anime episode for this week.

1. such a good humor, good parody
2. damn, the "twist" tho
3. Rie Takahashi, Inori Minase, Kana Hanazawa

like Pewds said : V E R Y N I C E
Nov 27, 2017 6:20 AM

Jun 2016
Despite the circumstances, their show was successful and they managed to fill up the place. So proud of everyone. The animation of their anime, though. Haha. I snorted when there's background noises in the dub. Jesus. Hahahaha!

The ED is so necessary and I love how they entered it as an ending for their anime. The CG looks good, btw. :)

Minoa's chichi is an otaku. Goddamnit. Coolest dad.

I guess it's their school's presidents who's been wanting to shut down the anime club. Wow. Fuck you, sir.

Hahaha. That Lucky Star reference during the ending credits, though. Lmfao. Even though, I dropped that anime, I still got that reference, maan. Lmao. And Megumin as a part of their anime waaaah!

Loved this episode. 5/5. :)

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 27, 2017 7:18 AM

Dec 2015
TheDoggoneGirl said:
Despite the circumstances, their show was successful and they managed to fill up the place. So proud of everyone. The animation of their anime, though. Haha. I snorted when there's background noises in the dub. Jesus. Hahahaha!

The ED is so necessary and I love how they entered it as an ending for their anime. The CG looks good, btw. :)

Minoa's chichi is an otaku. Goddamnit. Coolest dad.

I guess it's their school's presidents who's been wanting to shut down the anime club. Wow. Fuck you, sir.

Hahaha. That Lucky Star reference during the ending credits, though. Lmfao. Even though, I dropped that anime, I still got that reference, maan. Lmao. And Megumin as a part of their anime waaaah!

Loved this episode. 5/5. :)

Cg looks good my ass the framerate of the cg is dog shit but the movements were good but jesus christ it looks like they ran it on an 1960's computer
hi
Nov 27, 2017 7:47 AM

May 2009
at least we got the full dance for the ED right?? xD

Seems like Gomon-sensei is quite the otaku as well "That coreography is the legendary..." probably an idol otaku?? Minoa did say her mom made that coreography, maybe she was an underground idol or idol coreographer?? Their parents meeting in an idol concert, her falling in love with the otaku on the front row that was dancing like crazy like some doujin development xD I'd love that.

also, Mikocchi couldn't keep it any longer and had to make that BL scene xD that cracked me up. Being KaiKai is sufering.
Nov 27, 2017 11:00 AM

Jul 2017
Wait, I'm pretty sure Beibei said she was traveling to Japan, not living.
Anyway this anime is so bad it makes me cry. I just watch it for the references
Nov 27, 2017 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
That Lucky Star ED xD

Now tell me why low budget series like this has A LOT better 3DCG animation for dance than 'big' titles like Love Live which have literally eye tearing 3DCG.

Drock34000 said:

Cg looks good my ass the framerate of the cg is dog shit but the movements were good but jesus christ it looks like they ran it on an 1960's computer

100000000% better than CG in Love Live.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 27, 2017 1:21 PM

Dec 2015
rsc-pl said:
That Lucky Star ED xD

Now tell me why low budget series like this has A LOT better 3DCG animation for dance than 'big' titles like Love Live which have literally eye tearing 3DCG.

Drock34000 said:

100000000% better than CG in Love Live.

Wow whatever, the cg in love live improves through out the season with amazing cinematography, heavy energetic movements that aren't choppy, and really well done models that actually look like 2D hand drawn scenes. For example Mai Mai Tonight has probably the best cg I've seen in an anime as of right now
hi
Nov 27, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2012
That scene with grandfather had me laugh so hard, thats why you need to be careful, when you record lines at home :)
Nov 27, 2017 2:52 PM
Oct 2017
i am really starting to get annoyed with the student council president...
Nov 27, 2017 3:17 PM

Jul 2009
I though this was a great episode :3 Glad they were able to present what they could do, their anime short was hilarious LOL and we finally see Minoa's dad is a huge otaku too XD Integrating the CGI dance ED as their "ending" was pretty clever ;P Plus we got a karaoke ED sequence as well. Anyway seems like the principal is behind trying to shut down the club? All I gotta say is, IDK why they bother to make a "plot" in this show, I think they shoulda just done it as a slice of life comedy which works out pretty well most of the time anyway. All the "plot" is is "oh no somebody is trying to shut down the club" anyway ... >_<
Nov 27, 2017 7:30 PM

Mar 2017
dem Love Live and Megumin references in the beginning made me love the series that much more.

ShadowMonkey said:
Wait people don't like Neko-senpai? He's my favorite lmao

my thoughts exactly

Drock34000 said:

Wow whatever, the cg in love live improves through out the season with amazing cinematography, heavy energetic movements that aren't choppy, and really well done models that actually look like 2D hand drawn scenes. For example Mai Mai Tonight has probably the best cg I've seen in an anime as of right now

I don't see the point in proving that Love Live has superior CG. Yes, My Mai Tonight was great, but that was because there were 2D scenes in there. Also, like you said, the CG 'improves' - then why compare a show that took 3-4 seasons to have great CG to a show that just started out but has the same quality as the other?
red-tomatoNov 27, 2017 7:43 PM
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 27, 2017 7:35 PM

Nov 2011
Beibei returns!!! <3 so hyped.

Damn that was a really good episode. Underrated part was when Nakano was like "Good job my kittens" And all the cats blushed. That part had me rolling.

Megumin showing up was so good too. Kinda figured the magician would resemble Megumin.

So the Dad is an Otaku. My guess is since the mom Choreographed the dance, she was probably some famous Idol that the Dad married. I mean that is somewhat anime logic right? Dedicated fan finally getting a chance to date an Idol. Which brings in Gamon sensei recognizing the dance as well.
Also I'm pretty sure the dad was in the anime club as well, and all his stuff including the unfinished book that was mentioned is in that room where Neko-sensei came from.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 27, 2017 8:21 PM

May 2013
Best episode this season!!!!
Their anime reminds me of the earliest fanarts in Deviant art.
That was one of the best Idol anime CGI. It's a lot lot better than Love Live and if you look closely it's a more polished version of the ED so they hit the right fps.Legendary Choreography by Minoa's mom?! Minoa's mom is a legendary school idol confirmed.
So her mom is an idol and her dad is an Otaku. That's like a fairytale come true. lmao his dad is actually the guy in Summer Comiket who was organizing the line. That Lucky Star reference though lmao. A meta show referencing a super meta show XD

References this episode:

Shirobako
Konosuba
Ace of Diamond
Slam Dunk
Prince of Tennis
Kuroko no Basketball
Gurren Lagann
Gundam
Precure
Love Live School Idol Project
Lucky Star
DarkwindJRDec 1, 2017 10:51 PM
Nov 28, 2017 2:54 AM

Oct 2015
I wonder what will happen if they actually included Anju Inami in singing the ED lol
Nov 28, 2017 4:57 AM

Nov 2009
IF you are wondering about what Erika said about Maya (Minoa's sister).

It is the reference to the short version of Animegatari back in 2015 where Erika and Maya were MC.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-22/toho-to-screen-anime-gatari-short-anime-about-anime-club/.83607

Nov 28, 2017 7:00 AM

Jun 2016
Drock34000 said:

Hey, why don't you just mind your own business and hate on something instead of justifying how shit it is to someone who actually likes it, because you know we're different people? Lmao. Stop.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 28, 2017 5:13 PM

Nov 2015
Sooo...the student council president and the other members are blatantly outed as anime club fans this week. I am really hoping that the end of the world aspect of this show gets going full blast now because I keep watching to witness an apocalypse. I think we all know how it's gonna end though.

Definitely the most fun episode so far.

Nov 28, 2017 5:19 PM

Nov 2015
lunight said:
Wait, I'm pretty sure Beibei said she was traveling to Japan, not living.
Anyway this anime is so bad it makes me cry. I just watch it for the references

Looks like she's an exchange student at Minoa's sister's school, according to the subs.
Nov 28, 2017 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
The anime club really produced results huh!
lol the dad is of course an otaku!
true villain/antagonist principal shows-up!
4/5.

Dec 1, 2017 4:36 AM

Apr 2015
i don't know why but i like the CGI dance... lol
for the framerate, aren't any CGI anime has low framerate?? around 20-30...
maybe if they make a bluray version, the framerate will be better...

good to see Bei bei again... and Erika cosplay as Chun Lie... nice
Dec 1, 2017 5:14 PM
Mar 2012
yay BeiBei is back!
Both the choreographer mom & otaku dad were fun.
lol bath is ready...
Ponkotsu - Dimension W ref
Dec 1, 2017 10:52 PM

May 2013
Marina2 said:
IF you are wondering about what Erika said about Maya (Minoa's sister).

It is the reference to the short version of Animegatari back in 2015 where Erika and Maya were MC.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-22/toho-to-screen-anime-gatari-short-anime-about-anime-club/.83607

lol that's so meta. I really thought it was just because Minoa's sister was the voice of one of the characters in the anime short they were making so her voice seemed familiar to her.
Dec 2, 2017 11:00 AM

Oct 2015
Autistic dad is cool y and his wife is fucking hot. that subtle Gundam Reference was gold

pd. even suzuka! great episode
Dec 2, 2017 8:00 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
I lost my shit watching the anime short. So good. That ED is so pleasant to watch too.
Dec 2, 2017 8:04 PM

Mar 2009
Minoa's mom is kind of a MILF.
Dec 3, 2017 10:29 AM

Aug 2013
The father's identity as an otaku has been revealed and he tried so hard to hide.

That was a funny short anime the club made.

Dec 7, 2017 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
I was all stoked for the anime short improvised ending, but it was just the show ending. And i'm supposed to believe they improvised that performance with no rehearsal? Even if they know the choreography, the perfect sync timing is pretty unbelievable. Oh well, i enjoyed it anyway.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

90 by waalex11 »»
Mar 25, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

108 by bushman66 »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2017

54 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

93 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:38 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

71 by Muow »»
Dec 10, 2022 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.