Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Movie Announced for 'Garo: Guren no Tsuki'

New
Nov 25, 2017 1:22 PM

Mar 2013
The official website for the Garo franchise has announced that Garo: Guren no Tsuki will get an animated movie project. A spin-off live-action TV series titled Kami no Kiba: Jinga centering on the titular character Jinga has also been revealed.

Garo is based on the midnight tokusatsu show, a live-action genre that uses special effects. It received its first 24-episode TV anime by MAPPA in October 2014. A film sequel to the first anime adaptation titled Garo Movie: Divine Flame premiered in March 2016. The most recent anime entry to the franchise, Garo: Vanishing Line, began airing on October 7.

Source: Eiga Natalie

Garo: Guren no Tsuki Movie on MAL
Sakana-sanDec 5, 2017 2:10 PM
Nov 25, 2017 1:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Y tho

But at least with this announcement, i guess we will have a Vanishing Line movie in the future too.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 25, 2017 1:58 PM

Jun 2014
Oh boy.........I'll keep my expectations low for this since the GnT TV series was awful.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 25, 2017 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
I was always thinking it was weird that this didnt get a movie even with how bad it was, the show literally ends with one of the main antagonists just completely getting away with everything so i guess that will resolve that plotpoint

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 25, 2017 3:12 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
As if the TV-series wasn't bad enough.... my lord this is gonna suck
Nov 25, 2017 8:21 PM

May 2010
The only Garo I liked is Honoo no Kokuin, this one I lost interest and just dropped it, but maybe I'll give it a chance and rewatch it again..
Nov 25, 2017 10:50 PM

Dec 2015
Wasn't this the worst Garo? And it's getting a movie...??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 26, 2017 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
joe_g7 said:
Wasn't this the worst Garo? And it's getting a movie...??

Yes it is the worst Garo entry. But at the same time the ending didn't resolved jack shit either, so maybe the show can redeem itself a bit with that... if the closure is good enough that is.
Nov 26, 2017 5:24 AM

Jan 2011
I'm sorta hoping it'll at least have some decent fights this time.
Nov 26, 2017 6:58 AM

May 2012
They should have made movie for Vanishing Line instead of this garbage !!
Nov 26, 2017 8:02 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Should have just given us another movie with Leon and the crew again instead of this
Nov 28, 2017 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
thepath said:
they probably will if the past 2 did, the movie likely will be a sequel

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 4, 2017 6:45 PM

Mar 2014
JizzyHitler said:
thepath said:

Is Vanishing Line any good? I just didn't want a repeat of Guren no Tsuki so I've been hesitant to try it.
Dec 4, 2017 8:19 PM

Sep 2011
AnimeAdamOP said:
JizzyHitler said:

Is Vanishing Line any good? I just didn't want a repeat of Guren no Tsuki so I've been hesitant to try it.
aside from an annoying shaky cam in fights its pretty fucking awesome so far, tone wise its closer toa shinichiro wattanabe series like cowboy bebop. Very comedic and more adventurous with a main character whos both really cool but also played off as a real dork and butt of the joke at times like how spike was, the series has taken a turn for the serious in the more recent episodes that started the plot similar to how the first garo didnt pick up till like 9 episodes in. (though this one kicks in way earlier at around episode 7 and things got much more serious than youd expect). The setting also gives it a totally different feel than the past 2 cause its set in a modern day america. The thing i love about the fights is the garo is used as a kind of last minute resort and sword instead just beast modes it with his fists leading to great shit like this
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/41731

I definetly reccomend it alot, i think its sadly going to be like the first one a hidden gem. It could go downhill in quality somehwere down the line cause theres alot of it left, but right now im enjoying the ever living hell out of it and frankly sword is so likable as a protagonist he justified a watch alone, he even carried the 2 episodes id consider to be the weaker episodes though nothing so far has been bad nor anywhere near the painful as that wherewold or mech episode of the original nor all of crimson moon.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
57 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
4 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 12 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
9 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
10 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.