Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Post New Reply
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Poll: Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 8 Discussion

Sep 14, 2020 2:57 PM

For the first time, the pacing felt a little rushed. Specifically, Ruth becoming Chise’s familiar that quickly.

That being said I’m still completely on board with the show and everything else that happened this episode.

I am also curious to see where his character goes; he seems promising.

Dec 20, 2020 1:52 PM

Awesome episode as usual from this show, not even surprised given how consistently great the quality has been with the first third of the anime as a whole, especially as an adaptation that feels more lively and beautiful than the manga to a degree. Easily the highlight of the episode was the presentation of the pact between Chise and Ruth, as the sequence was animated and drawn beautifully with such a beautiful song used for it too and the incantations being really nicely done, especially in the dub form that I'm rewatching it in. Ruth managed to move on from Isabel and Isabel managed to finally move on to the afterlife via the assistance of a Will-o’-the-wisp in the forest. Pretty brutal stuff for him to go through let alone Isabel, and the amount of times he was waiting at her grave for her to come to him was depressing, felt like seeing a child cry out for her mother to return but it just never happened. At least now, he's set her free and has moved on to help serve someone who he quickly felt compassionate to help and protect in Chise, and they travel together home alongside Elias. Nice to see him now not have to be alone again for now.

Final words about this episode - fuck Cartaphilius too.

Mar 16, 6:39 PM
I kind of felt bad for Elias in this episode. Chise said that she didn't want to be alone anymore, so she made a pact. The pact is not a big deal, but those words made me feel sad.

Jun 15, 4:43 PM

I really like the ending theme after an episode ends the way it fades then transitions to the music its calming

Oct 24, 3:17 PM

I loved how Chise's first reaction to seeing Elias's monstrous form was to say how he wouldn't fit through the house door, while he's backing away thinking it disgusted her. Strangely cute.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]