Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 25, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Hokkaido looks great covered in Snow. LOL Hanamaru wearing so many layers of clothes.
Poor Saint Snow. Sad they didn't make it to the next round.

Nice of Ruby to cheer up Leah.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 25, 2017 2:20 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno, I didn't like this episode much. Sure, the story behind Saints Snow failure was interesting but also kinda generic and forced (not to mention I was hype up to see their performance again and they didn't even animate it). Right, this applies to μ`s too but doing this several times in a row just feels pretty stale. They are seeing the end of the school as the end of their life which is kinda dumb and shortsighted approach to their lives. Shouldn't they emphasize that friendship is worth more than this? Surely they would be able to sing together even after that, right? (times like these I can actually appreciate shows like Wake Up, Girls that maybe aren't perfect but deals with those things a lot better).

Heck, I would actually liked if this was the hint to the fact that Aqours continue singing even after the school and Love Live ends... Cause Love Live isn't really everything there is in the world, right? But if this isn't the true in the end then this episode actually served no story purpose. And I'm not mentioning the fact that they entered their inn by pure chance... surely that wouldn't happen if not forced by the plot.

Also, Ruby was playing Cpt. Obvious in the end, not really telling her anything new rather then empty naive phrases (in the light of this it really shows how immature and dumb she is for her age compared to other girls..) But Ruby actually isn't anything more outside of her archetype of 'cute little thingie' so why do I even care, hm?

Other than that, Hanamaru's gluttony is getting her annoying more and more, it just always feels like comedy element inserted where it shouldn't be.

All-in-all, not a best episode, actually one of the worst in this series. Maybe that's just me because I still can't see any worth in Ruby 'archetypical' character - she never overcome her shadow unline other characters. But I also think that if they wanted emphasize failure here, they would do a lot better job if they let them fail some minor event instead, that would serve better as warning for them (and for viewers too) and it would also keep things more personal. The was it was with Saint Snow this episode, it just felt as an afterthought.
Nov 25, 2017 6:03 PM

Sep 2015
vicexxv said:

The first years sang the ED

Ah, probably misheard things I was watching while sleepy late night xD
Nov 25, 2017 6:22 PM

Nov 2017
vicexxv said:
LOL Chika-chan wearing full face ski mask XD

Leah: Tell me about Chika! Why does she wear the mask?
Chika: Perhaps she's wondering why someone would shoot an idol before making them lose Love Live!
Leah: At least you can sing, what's your name!
Chika: Who I am doesn't matter, what matters is our dance formation.
*lifts cover*
Chika: No one cared who I was until I became a school idol.
Leah: If I took off that mask would you lose.
Chika: No, but it would be extremely painful.
Leah: You're a big idol.
Chika: for you.

Leah: Well, you got yourself caught. What's the next part of your master plan!
Chika: Making you fall... with no chance of winning!
Leah:
(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Nov 25, 2017 7:33 PM

Nov 2015
Lock the doors, Chika is after them loli folders on your hard-drive

Katsura janai, Zura da

Nov 25, 2017 9:14 PM

Dec 2015
Hanamaru is a big girl.

peh-soh-nah said:
vicexxv said:

Leah: Tell me about Chika! Why does she wear the mask?
Chika: Perhaps she's wondering why someone would shoot an idol before making them lose Love Live!
Leah: At least you can sing, what's your name!
Chika: Who I am doesn't matter, what matters is our dance formation.
*lifts cover*
Chika: No one cared who I was until I became a school idol.
Leah: If I took off that mask would you lose.
Chika: No, but it would be extremely painful.
Leah: You're a big idol.
Chika: for you.

Leah: Well, you got yourself caught. What's the next part of your master plan!
Chika: Making you fall... with no chance of winning!
Leah:

Nov 25, 2017 9:15 PM
May 2017
dariken said:
this season is so absolute garbage it's surreal
And Aqours lacks sexualizing JK though every member of Muse could wear scantily clad.
Nov 25, 2017 9:17 PM

Mar 2017
Liked how they gave Ruby and Saint Snow character development. It was nice to see how one affected the other and vice versa.

Also nice to see that the focus was on siblings(lol I can somehow relate)

And as others have said, bad move not to include Saint Snow's performance. But, would you still complain considering that song was different from the one shown in an earlier episode? THEY MADE ANOTHER SONG FOR SAINT SNOW

Lastly, another foreshadowing to the inevitable end to Aqours. Though, this is one of the things that makes SS greater than the original SIP. The slow build-up makes it so much better than the sudden, K-On! copy-paste graduation plot in μ's

Lelouch0202 said:

Somehow I feel the lyrics of the ED especially the beginning really resonate with the context of this episode. Feels like something Dia would tell Ruby.
Also, Dia Ruby ED shot. <3

Really? I feel it was more suited to last weeks ep, atleast at the chorus.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 25, 2017 9:59 PM

Oct 2015
Twin-tailed imoutos bicker about who's onee-chan is better.This was a great episode.
Nov 25, 2017 10:20 PM

Mar 2016
expected a zuramaru episode, got a saint snow ep instead?? not mad, just wish some of the characters (you) got a little more background story (hanamaru), instead of side characters (kanan) that are ultimately unimportant to the plot. but what can ya say
Nov 26, 2017 12:38 AM

Dec 2013
Bittersweet episode with Saint Snow's defeat. Really loved the interactions with Ruby and Leah, it feels so different to her behaving more independently for her sister. Can't wait for their tribute song

NeraizelNov 26, 2017 12:42 AM
Nov 26, 2017 1:11 AM

Oct 2015
hentailuvr42069 said:
expected a zuramaru episode, got a saint snow ep instead?? not mad, just wish some of the characters (you) got a little more background story (hanamaru), instead of side characters (kanan) that are ultimately unimportant to the plot. but what can ya say
when kanan gets mentioned as a side chararacter lmfao.. She had the least screen time last season it's a good thing they're giving her the screen time she deserves
Nov 26, 2017 3:19 AM

Jun 2016
This episode is so focus on drama just like the previous ones, but at least it's not that 'drama'. Haha. Poor Saint Snow didn't make it to the final round. Poor Leah and Sarah. Glad Ruby is there to cheer Leah up and they decided to dedicate a performance for their big sisters. Aww.

I love this photo, btw. They're all so cute. :3

Zura is the star of this episode. Lmao. Chika's mask, though. Hahaha. So cute.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 26, 2017 7:54 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LOL Hanamaru and her gluttonous self lol

I like the Ruby/Saint Snow focus, both Leah and Ruby feeling down about it being the last Love Live with their big sisters. But in the end Ruby cheering her up. Found it funny when Ruby was like no my sister is better xD

Chika-chan and that ski mask xD

Nov 26, 2017 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
red-tomato said:

Lelouch0202 said:

Somehow I feel the lyrics of the ED especially the beginning really resonate with the context of this episode. Feels like something Dia would tell Ruby.
Also, Dia Ruby ED shot. <3

Really? I feel it was more suited to last weeks ep, atleast at the chorus.

Well generally the ED does mix well with the overall theme of the series.
Though for this particular episode,

Try and be brave, I know it's scary,
It's not like I was able to do it from the start, either
I messed up a lot,
I was really frustrated,
But that gave me strength, so don't give up

felt like something Dia would say to motivate Ruby since she can be pretty timid. xD
Nov 26, 2017 8:57 AM

Mar 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

I messed up a lot,
I was really frustrated,

felt like something Dia would say to motivate Ruby since she can be pretty timid. xD

('o') really nice especially if you put it that way, with best girl Dia(Mari) saying something like that to Ruby

as for me, its:

But dreams won't fade
Dreams won't fade

that part was,for me, emotional with the way they sang it. And the scene in ep7 when the other Uranohoshi students gave them their support was where I think it was meant for.

so, if the ED was for the series, I guess to the OP was for the build-up of everything that has happened so far?

An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 26, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
VanillaLucky said:
Rayla said:

You're not happy with the fact that Saint Snow is actually getting some real emotional development, unlike A-Rise where they were reduced into the background and just became cardboard cut-outs used as a goal for u's to achieve? At the very least we're getting some kind of drama with them!

Though I can see why you're disappointed with no actual Saint Snow song, hopefully we get to see some king of glimpse of it next episode.

Saint Snow as idols is over. Now, we are going to see Saint Snow outside the school idol universe. There's gonna be some "emotional development" like you say, but no more cool Saint Snow like we were waiting for a very long time. Damn it, it took 8 episodes to see Saint Snow on scene and when we finally get to see them, the hype was real ! The intro of the song was leading into something freaking amazing but all of this... for nothing. Thanks for trolling us, assholes.
SS was the only reason I keep watching S2 which was already a so-so season, but now I've got no more reason to watch the rest

Buddy, if you're just watching Sunshine to see more Saint Snow than what's the point?
Nov 26, 2017 6:24 PM

Oct 2013
I'm a little bummed that we didn't hear Saint Snow's song. I liked last season's "Control."
Nov 26, 2017 6:42 PM

Apr 2016
I didn't expect Saint Snow to lose that way as I thought they were Aqour's rival and they will meet in the final round. Now that they're eliminated, I wonder if another "rival" will appear in the final round?

I like the conversation between Dia and Ruby. It was a heartwarming scene between two sisters.

I enjoyed the scene between Ruby and Leah. Little sisters' talk!
Leah smiling like that was a rare but great sight.

I look forward to see how Saint Snow developed after this loss in the next episode. :)
Nov 27, 2017 4:44 AM

Oct 2009
lmao the drama in this was executed so badly.
Nov 27, 2017 6:01 AM

Nov 2010
Oh my, so much Ruby. I LIKE IT.
Nov 27, 2017 8:23 PM

Jan 2014
Finally an episode where Ruby isn't 100% annoying. She's only 90% annoying in this one. Progress.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 29, 2017 2:50 AM

Oct 2008
I never knew Hanamaru is such a burger glutton!
Damn, I wanna see how Awesome Saint Snow performs and how they mess-up with that fall...damn!
4/5.

Nov 29, 2017 11:53 AM

Nov 2011
Too fun the beginning of the episode. It is touching instead the final one and the part that concerns Ruby and Dia.

vicexxv said:

Too fun Chika, I was dying with laughter when I saw her.
Nov 29, 2017 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
Saint Snow could've saved the show but Loli Live Sunshit chose to discard them as villains and didn't even bother showing their performance.

Congrats garbage show, I'm lowering the score to a 1
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 29, 2017 4:08 PM
Oct 2015
AoiYukihira004 said:
vicexxv said:

Lol, that was too funny XD She looks like a thief

I almost died when I noticed it was a mikan
Nov 29, 2017 4:13 PM
Oct 2015
really good development for ruby this episode it made me like her so much more now

also loved the closeness between her and dia it made me ship them even more.

cant wait to hear ruby and leah sister song next week
Nov 29, 2017 9:48 PM

May 2017
Rayla said:
VanillaLucky said:
This episode makes me want to quit LLS...
After a long waiting, we were finally able to see Saint Snow... but they didn't even show the performance and they've fucked up Saint Snow !

You're not happy with the fact that Saint Snow is actually getting some real emotional development, unlike A-Rise where they were reduced into the background and just became cardboard cut-outs used as a goal for u's to achieve? At the very least we're getting some kind of drama with them!

Though I can see why you're disappointed with no actual Saint Snow song, hopefully we get to see some king of glimpse of it next episode.

^ this, I totally agree

I'm disappointed too, who doesn't want to see their new song but it's still better than what happened to a-rise. They got miraculously beaten by muse despite the popularity gap and home advantage, some BS that was for the sake of the plot, freaking plot armor
Nov 30, 2017 8:33 PM

Dec 2014
red-tomato said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I messed up a lot,
I was really frustrated,

('o') really nice especially if you put it that way, with best girl Dia(Mari) saying something like that to Ruby

as for me, its:

But dreams won't fade
Dreams won't fade

that part was,for me, emotional with the way they sang it. And the scene in ep7 when the other Uranohoshi students gave them their support was where I think it was meant for.

so, if the ED was for the series, I guess to the OP was for the build-up of everything that has happened so far?

I agree, that part fit well with episode 7. As for the OP, if I had to put it one phrase it's basically Zenshoku Zenshin! XD
To me at least, the OP seems to represent Aqours going full speed ahead to pursue their dreams.
The last line "Let's run with everything we have and become the shining wind" certainly does seem to represent that.
Dec 1, 2017 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
vicexxv said:

This killed me.
Chika: idol by day, thief by night.

Heartwarming episode. Ruby makes the cutest little noises.
Dec 2, 2017 10:05 AM

Jan 2014
What the fuck did I just watch??? This episode was just all over the place. I would've been okay with a 100% Ruby-Leah episode and they could've built up Saint Snow's downfall better. I don't get why we needed all those scenes about sisters and shit when they could've used that time to properly document Leah's fuck up, but instead LET'S USE THIS TIME FOR FAT HANAMARU. ISN'T THAT FUNNY!? Fuck off, Sunrise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 11:05 PM

Jan 2013
Hanamaru is such a fatty lol.
Salmon is delicious.
Dec 24, 2017 1:14 AM

Dec 2014
Man, I really wanted to see saint snow perform. They are some of the main story behind these girls drive so the viewers should see the light they are up against.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Jan 3, 2018 6:28 AM

Sep 2012
Mormegil said:
vicexxv said:

This killed me.
Chika: idol by day, thief by night.

Heartwarming episode. Ruby makes the cutest little noises.

lol Hanamaru was also ridiculous so much clothes it made her look like seal lol
Jan 31, 2019 4:56 PM

Jun 2015
i feel like the scene where saint snow messed up was taken too lightly. i also wanted to see them perform though, tbh i much prefer saint snow's genre of music and style than aqours.
Feb 11, 2019 2:39 PM

Sep 2013
Ruby was adorable this episode, and Hanamaru had me in stitches.
Nov 13, 2019 8:50 PM
Apr 2018
Ugh, I don't like Ruby at all: her voice, her looks, the way she behaves... I hate her. I couldn't stand her during the whole episode. The rest of the girls made this ep for me.

Not a fan of Saint Snow either, I have never really got hooked on their style: trying to look "intimidating" and menacing (?) I guess. It's too bad they didn't show their performance.

Overall, the comedy was good and it's what saved the episode for me.
Jun 8, 2020 5:53 AM

May 2016
Chika's Mikan Balaclava's totally not suspicious at all~ She probably shouldn't pass by Hakodate Bank just in case though lmao

It was sad to see Saint Snow make a fatal mistake this far into the competition and in Sarah's final Love Live as a school idol too... Despite that unfortunate turn of events, Ruby showed that she's the best little sister out there who can empathize with Leah's feelings the most. I was almost as proud as Dia when she decided to go out of her way to cheer someone else up on her own accord. I'm very excited to see their new big sister appreciation song!

Sep 15, 2020 10:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
My little cutie girl, Ruby, finally had its own dedication episode. Its featuring the dillema that hitted their former rival members, Saint Snow. Ruby scenes with Dia just, ah, its sad, actually, and really touching. But its grew up another feeling on me, like happy, proud, and respect. The end credit inserted scene was just beautiful featured by that siblings close relations. I am satisfied with that.

The way the girl, Ruby, implicated the problems that hanged in the Saint Snow failure in their elimination rounds, perfectly touched my feeling. Its good, she knew what to do, because she felt it. Ruby really had a positive progression toward her own character, this episode directed all expression she had in a well direction. Its like Dia said, she really matured enough to be solving her own problems alone, without any help of her, as her sister. What a touchable moment. Its an obvious separation for them. But that doesn't mean the end of their relationship.

Its same with what happened to Saint Snow. That why Ruby's focused to interacted with Ria to told them everything she knew, in a good way, ofc. Its good to seen her help Ria to solved her own problematic with her sister. Because, they were all the same, they loved their respective sister, and would not easily lost the happy moment they built up together.

The differences between those twos by the way they acted afterwards. While Ruby had a positivity vibes to solved it, and Ria used a wrong way to solved that shit out of her. Thats why they couldn't make it into a final stages. They had a worst positions at their formation in their last performance. As the result? A failure on their step, couldn't sang a song, and failed miserably to moved to another stages in the end. The way Ruby just led her away to forget everything was just so touched, and yet, its really help her. If you love your sister, then, don't stop your feeling toward her and keep became an idol to satisfied her! Soon Ruby, and Ria, became a closer friend than before that led them into an event that happened in the movie. Oh, well!

This is simply a nice excuse to love her character. I am satisfied enough, without forgetting how every girl had their funny moments, especially with Zuramaru. This girl really loved to eat xD A double filler development for Ruby? Yes. This is really the best episode for me, together with the next one. Lets go!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 4, 2020 9:13 AM
May 2019
The only type of person that could dislike Ruby has no soul and wishes they could resurrect Adolf Hitler the run the entire planet.
Apr 10, 2021 2:11 PM
Nov 2018
Damn saint snow got shafted hard, but it did lead to some much needed ruby spotlight in the story. She was probably one of the last members that needed some fleshing out character wise. Nevertheless, past 2 episodes I cried because it’s so relatable
Apr 19, 2021 8:11 AM

Feb 2020
That was a bittersweet episode. Poor Leah.. :( Fortunatly Ruby was there to cheer her up. What a sweet girl she is. <3
Nov 28, 2021 10:50 AM

Nov 2017
This season has been a bit on the depressing and dramatic side of things. Even more than I remembered. :-/

First, Aquors couldn't save their school, and Saint Snow's performance in this episode went all wrong. Nice to see Ruby bringing up the idea of making a song for her and Leah's sisters. The sisterly parallel was a step above. Ruby saw Leah and herself as the little sisters with an older sister that will be graduating from school. It explains why Ruby could pinpoint the source of Leah's insecurity and soft spot. The conversation Ruby had with Dia was enough to bring a little tear to my eye.

Dia's really proud of her little sister!~ Like, could those two have a spin-off, please?!?
Apr 7, 2022 9:22 AM

Jan 2022
I don't really like Ruby or Leah, but this episode was still great. I wish we got to see more of Saint Snow's performance though and more of Leah messing up, also wish we get to see Ruby and Leah perform that song dedicated to their sisters
May 9, 2023 7:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Rip Saint Snow, I saw their downfall coming after all the talk about meeting in the finals lol, a shame because their song in Season 1 was one of my favorites. If only they let Leah finish listening to D&C 5/8/23 (she was in deep concentration with those earbuds lol) maybe they could have performed perfectly, even further beyond even.

I also loved the Ruby stuff in this one, she’s more than squeaks after all.
TheColonel76May 9, 2023 8:01 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.