Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 8 Discussion


Dec 29, 2017 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 624
As to be expected, there have to be an attack just in the moment when they were more vulnerable, in Phos case, making that said 'change' or i rather said 'evolution' to be more of a pressing matter.

I feel so sad having lost Antar. What the hell happened with Sensei and those lunarians? I thought he was completely unapproachable. The scene was so similar to that dream of his.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT



 
Dec 31, 2017 6:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 94
This was actually really painful to watch. Beautiful, masterful and amazingly well done, but painful nonetheless.
 
Jan 1, 2018 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 11047
Liquid like Cinnabar.
Satisfying explanation of how births work
 
Jan 3, 2018 9:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6260
Antarcticite was really determined to try to get Phos' arms back at the beginning - the same ones that they previously told Phos they wished were better/as good as her legs. Well, which is it?!

Furthermore, Antarcticite seemed pissed off at Phos for trying to make light of the situation and was probably feeling vulnerable considering they've never messed up on the job before.

And then the Lunarians came because of course they did, and shiiiit. Everything's a mess. Antarcticite shattered and was taken by the Lunarians, Phos tried to turn into a giant caramel (yes, that's the visual image I had since I'm mentally six) and save Antarcticite but almost shattered in the process...if Sensei isn't careful with Phos, even a simple poke will cause them to completely shatter at this point, and then everything will really be fucked.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
 
Jan 4, 2018 12:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 2
honestly this episode was weird. i feel like phos recovered too quickly from the shock she got from battle in the previous episode. also her behavior was weird? maybe its just me. by the way antarcticite was such a good character i love her!!
 
Jan 4, 2018 2:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 952
Skujo said:
honestly this episode was weird. i feel like phos recovered too quickly from the shock she got from battle in the previous episode. also her behavior was weird?

Battle in the previous episode? You mean the Amethyst twins? Do note that they didn't actually die unlike Antarc here.
 
Jan 9, 2018 8:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 199
So.. Chord Shore is where random gems spawn. Why didn't Lunarians just collect them here? They won't have to fight since most of them are just non-sentient shards. Won't it be just as good decor as shattered gems they collected through fights?
 
Jan 9, 2018 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 41
Protoz said:
So.. Chord Shore is where random gems spawn. Why didn't Lunarians just collect them here? They won't have to fight since most of them are just non-sentient shards. Won't it be just as good decor as shattered gems they collected through fights?


We don't have the full picture yet on how gems are formed, so maybe there's something about the fully formed gems that makes them more desirable to the Lunarians.
 
Jan 9, 2018 8:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 42
I really do like this show but Phos is just such an annoying character. Weak, impulsive, and useless. Can't even think of a positive thing to say for her. Really frustrates me how her actions always makes others suffer. I waited 8 episode for her to change but she's even more useless than she was at the beginning.
 
Jan 12, 2018 9:43 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 3125
Phos has finally done fucked this time. Hopefully, she will start being more serious after this. But it's hard to blame her entirely, because she just seems to have terrible luck and whatever happens to her is beyond her control at that particular time.

sorathecrow said:
Protoz said:
So.. Chord Shore is where random gems spawn. Why didn't Lunarians just collect them here? They won't have to fight since most of them are just non-sentient shards. Won't it be just as good decor as shattered gems they collected through fights?


We don't have the full picture yet on how gems are formed, so maybe there's something about the fully formed gems that makes them more desirable to the Lunarians.

Yeah, what the Lunarians seem to want are fully formed Gems that have the aspect of "humanity", in order to reunite the 3 species and become human again. So just some random pieces of gems wouldn't cut it.
 
Jan 15, 2018 3:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 709
Rip Anta :'( she did so much for Phos. That ED was too sad. Looking forward to Phos's new look.
~
 
Jan 17, 2018 8:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 2386
RIP Antarcticite
 
Jan 27, 2018 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 328
Something interesting finally happened! :D

I just wish I didn't have to wait this long for it. I'm glad Phos has something going for Phos, as long as Phos has the resolve to make something happen with these new abilities. I don't understand why this Eren Jaeger type superpower story is a good idea, because this entire time it's been cemented in my head that Phos is a terrible person that I don't like as a main character, and it's diminishing the impact of any development Phos displays.

I really hope more good things happen in the last few episodes to make this whole thing worth it :/

I'm also seriously annoyed that these crystalline beings would adopt a human shape, and plot reasons don't make it okay. There are so many more resilient shapes to be imagined, with more of the mass centralized, and fewer long, weak pieces. Sturdier appendages would be way better than subjecting these toothpicks to hella torque. And they wonder why they crack!
Modified by MrLegitimacy, Jan 27, 2018 2:16 PM
 
Jan 27, 2018 4:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 399
peetza said:
Something interesting finally happened! :D

I just wish I didn't have to wait this long for it. I'm glad Phos has something going for Phos, as long as Phos has the resolve to make something happen with these new abilities. I don't understand why this Eren Jaeger type superpower story is a good idea, because this entire time it's been cemented in my head that Phos is a terrible person that I don't like as a main character, and it's diminishing the impact of any development Phos displays.

I really hope more good things happen in the last few episodes to make this whole thing worth it :/

I'm also seriously annoyed that these crystalline beings would adopt a human shape, and plot reasons don't make it okay. There are so many more resilient shapes to be imagined, with more of the mass centralized, and fewer long, weak pieces. Sturdier appendages would be way better than subjecting these toothpicks to hella torque. And they wonder why they crack!


1) The gems were never intended to be made for combat

2) Sensei modeled them after his maker, the only person he knows, hence the feminine appearance.
 
Jan 27, 2018 10:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 55
peetza said:
I'm also seriously annoyed that these crystalline beings would adopt a human shape, and plot reasons don't make it okay.
You realize this very episode featured the earth itself still-birthing uncannily human-shaped gems, right? You're ascribing a little too much agency to the gems/Sensei and their ability to determine what form they take.
 
Jan 28, 2018 6:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 328
Germs_N_Spices said:

1) The gems were never intended to be made for combat

2) Sensei modeled them after his maker, the only person he knows, hence the feminine appearance.


Areku2021 said:
You realize this very episode featured the earth itself still-birthing uncannily human-shaped gems, right? You're ascribing a little too much agency to the gems/Sensei and their ability to determine what form they take.


I've got two different stories here, to both of which I reiterate my feeling that:
peetza said:
...plot reasons don't make it okay.
 
Jan 29, 2018 6:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 336
HxHexa said:
daftpunkliker said:

Can we all agree on the fact this episode was the worst so far?


Clearly no. If you are expecting a fun SoL with gems you are looking at the wrong place.


This comment cracked me up; you deserve the internet for today. :))
 
Feb 13, 2018 4:07 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 43208
lol being Phos is suffering, she is a bringer of bad luck and now one of her friends is gone because of her
 
Feb 26, 2018 8:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 3392
Aww man first time we've seen one of the 28 successfully stolen :(

Wow Phos is all mixed up, wonder what'll happen next?!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
 
Mar 4, 2018 8:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 554
Why is phos forgiven for every shitty thing she does? All she had been doing the entire show is getting everyone into trouble. And when i think she couldnt do worse than she already did, she got one of the two characters i like in this show killed.

If they know what's best for them they should get rid of her. Give her to the aliens or something.
 
Mar 4, 2018 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 25439
Damn that sure was quite impressive, especially that ending! Looking forwards to see what's next!
 
Mar 13, 2018 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 984
RIP Antarcticite. We only knew you for a short time but it hurts to see you go.
 
Mar 15, 2018 4:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1965
Oh come on :( I hoped Phos might be able to save Antarcticite, but I guess it's still far too early for them... They'll slowly but surely get better and better by training or acquiring more power. Especially after feeling like they were the cause of Antarcticite's capture :/
I wonder what was the deal with the gold acting like it did.
 
Mar 25, 2018 3:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3736
Dem arms...are gone.
Phos wearing bling bling on her arm now.
Oh shit! Phos's arm. Festum!
Sensei says he has to make haste, but he's still walking.
Oh snap. Sensei surrounded.
Sensei is trapped.
My goodness. Does no one pay attention. Now Anta's hand is gone.
Dat explosion.
It turned into a block.
Oh shit!
They failed to get Anta back.

RIP Anta.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
 
Apr 10, 2018 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 311

And here I am, all teary because a piece of rock... (≖͞_≖̥)

okay okay.... i cried over some shiny rocks.......(╥_╥)



honestly, i think it was great how the creator/writer purposefully made it so that phosphophyllite finally succeeded at something for once and felt like they had the perfect chance to finally, finally be of use, but being too late to do anything anyway. it makes it all the more heartbreaking when we see antarcticite being taken away by the lunarians.
 
Apr 24, 2018 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 328
I really hate hope spots, but considering we sorely needed Phos to finally grow up then I don't mind if the plot had to make one, albeit it really took that long tho.
Also why tf I stalled this in the first place, this show's just awesome.


Want light novels but you're a poorfag? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
 
Apr 27, 2018 10:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 150
I feel conflicted. On the one hand, i'm a bit disappointed that the show has used the same structure for a long time now (Phos and others are vulnerable - Phos or others get attacked - the show makes it seem like Phos is to blame even if they aren't(not really the case on this episode though) - Sensei has patience and doesn't care that much)

It seems like a lot of the progression of the show is done through scenes that are way too similar.

On the OTHER hand ... it makes a lot of sense. Here you have a race of people that despite being immortal, spend a majority of their time worrying about their environment and whether or not they'll be attacked. So it makes sense a lot of the progression is from that structure point.

Plus ... Antarc ... man ... THEY WERE BECOMING MY FAVORITE CHARACTER! SERIOUSLY! WTF!

The ending of that battle is what made it stand out among the others. Even though I think it's a little cheap that Phos had to have someone die in order for them to get up and adapt to their gold augmentations ... I can totally understand why, considering it must be hard to master a new element and adapt it to work for your body.

It was so sad when Phos finally did something but it was too late anyways.

observing a woman's body
 
Dec 12, 2018 7:02 PM

Online
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 4232
Give Antarc back, ya stupid Lunarians ;A;
 
Jan 9, 12:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6684
We need jewel police so those Lunarians stop kidnapping jewel girls :P

At least she get what she wanted now
"Signature removed"
 
Jan 27, 3:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 953
I hate this episode, look at all the troubles everyone has been through because of Phos and now the Lunarians have killed/kidnapped one of the gems. At least Phos got what she was looking for, but she better get good at using those golden arms.
 
Feb 11, 12:50 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 8
CatSoul said:
Antarcticite was really determined to try to get Phos' arms back at the beginning - the same ones that they previously told Phos they wished were better/as good as her legs. Well, which is it?!


maybe because of that exact reason of thinking that Phosu is better off with arms that are as good as their legs that made Antarcticite try to retrieve Phos' arms because they felt bad of thinking that way? like in some way, they're at fault for what happened?
Modified by Kenshin0, Feb 11, 12:57 PM
 
Feb 11, 12:53 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 8
Karma-Senpai said:
I really do like this show but Phos is just such an annoying character. Weak, impulsive, and useless. Can't even think of a positive thing to say for her. Really frustrates me how her actions always makes others suffer. I waited 8 episode for her to change but she's even more useless than she was at the beginning.


well, plot twist! what you're exactly have been waiting for happens in episode 9
unless if you already watched it...XD
 
Apr 2, 10:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 433
Antarcticite is so cool! I love her!! but she got capture :((((
I love all the girls, but Phos is a troublemaker! she's funny though, I don't want to hate her haha
Modified by YamEnele, Apr 3, 10:20 PM
まだまだだね ~

 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

Preview MangaManga Store