Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2017 1:53 PM
May 2017
Humour me for a bit, I'm curious to see why people don't like this recent adaption to the series. I agree in saying ufotable are superior in making fate installments then A1 for obvious reasons but I fail to see why most of the reviews on mal are constantly below 5. Sure the stats are good and its probably a small portion of viewers but I PERSONALLY am really enjoying the show as we explore more servants (of course not as flushed out as Cú Chulainn), but the relationships between characters are genuinely enjoyable for me, like Mordred and her master and their banter between each other or having 2 heroic spirits who knew eachother in the past like in F/Zero. I can get past Rider of Black being a trap or loli Jack the Ripper as I'm not here to learn about ancient myths but seeing honourable OP badasses fight eachother to the death. I feel this show is getting a bad rep for the amount of characters ( which is bs as all the characters are interesting in their own ways) or it's being unfairly compared to ufotable's work as it is completely different story and character wise.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 24, 2017 6:30 PM
Apr 2016
In my case, I am not liking it because if you had already seen Zero or UBW you get to know all the motifs behind masters and servants before or during the action, and even some episodes are philosofical debates, like the one in Zero that Saber, Archer and Rider discuss what makes a good king, or the one in UBW where Shirou and Archer debate what makes a hero and what is justice. For me, Apocrypha is just superficial in character development. Is jus action for action. We don't get to know some servants and mostly of the master. Shirou Kotomine is a terrible villain with generic aspirations, as Sieg is a sad MC, plain as hell. Jeanne is boring and the romance between her and Sieg has any chemestry. The Black masters are just unimportant and the servants are just for action: Achilles, Seramines, Chiron, Frankenstein, Vlad III, ... Even fan favourite Astolfo is plain, I like Astolfo because he is funny and flamboyant, but as character he is just trap fan service. The only masters that had some background development where Aviceberon in one episode, Jack, in the best episode, the nightmare one, just as Atalanta, and Sheakespere that wants to write an epic story and that´s it. For a 25 episode series of a franchise that is well known for having great character development and the clash of these characters ideals and powers that is nothing. As a fan of the franchise I am desappointed with the route the series take, empty, uninteresting, action for action, souless... technically is great, good animation, good OST, excelent dubbing, but in therms of writing and character is bad, REALLY BAD,
Nov 25, 2017 1:43 AM
Jul 2012
All the characters are terribly uninteresting compared to past installments.
IF this didn't have the Fate tag in front of it less people would care, but you expect something decent when fate is in front of it, not this shitshow were all characters are generic as fuck, the battles are stupid, and , again, no likeable characters.
Only fanservice and wether you into that or not doesn't change the fact that the characters are annoying and the way they interact with each other is just.... it hurts to watch.
Mind you I dropped this after the 5th episode but judging from what other people say my first impressions are enough to judge the whole show.
Nov 25, 2017 1:48 AM

Dec 2015
but I fail to see why most of the reviews on mal are constantly below 5
Ever thought about maybe, I dunno, reading those reviews? I'm pretty sure they explain why they rated it so low.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 25, 2017 3:11 AM
May 2017
joe_g7 said:
but I fail to see why most of the reviews on mal are constantly below 5
Ever thought about maybe, I dunno, reading those reviews? I'm pretty sure they explain why they rated it so low.
The effort of going through that, that's why I asked other people to summarise the genuinely arguable points for me
DeitysDynastyNov 25, 2017 6:58 AM
Nov 25, 2017 7:13 AM

Apr 2015
Well, putting aside that people will come to tell you "It's not like Zero"

Fate/Apocrypha has a lot of cons, of course they're not enough to 'hate' the show but to have a low view of it, specially when the big character management comes.

I'm not a novel reader but it's clear that he doesn't know how to introduce well each character so you don't forget about them or are not seen to be irrelevant like they were not even relevant to the plot.

The other part is about animation, and no I'm not considering Ufo with this, A-1 has done better and Apocrypha is IN MY POINT OF VIEW, very very underwhelming on that aspect.

Sound is also terrible and I just can't accept they already have 20 episodes and still don't get that the "explosion" sound with a horrible screech is nowhere nice.
Makes me wonder if they check their work before releasing it?

Besides that, I've heard that they're not adapting everything 100/100 so as an adaption is also not doing a good job.

But, to the real point. People are hating for the fact that is not like Fate/Zero and they don't like the designs of the servants ex: Astolfo, Jack The Ripper, Mordred genderbend???.. And also because they don't like how is Sieg write, most of people hate 'generic MC' with 'generic romance' so this is why Apocrypha is hated.

I don't hate it at all. I would give a 8 if the ending is actually good. But right now for me it's a solid 6 or 7 maybe. Since I'm also enjoying it because the master-servant relationships and the fact that I wanted to see other servants besides FSN ones.

Nov 25, 2017 7:14 AM
May 2017
Lax_Caux said:
and even some episodes are philosofical debates, like the one in Zero that Saber, Archer and Rider discuss what makes a good king,
That was a great episode and its good to see you trying to find redeeming qualities of the show and I can understand where you are coming from by saying the characters are bland, even i know that i cant get emotionally attached to the characters to the point of UBW's cast and even the masters are boring as hell besides Mordreds one. And even I cant stand Sieg as he really has no goal other than saving rapidly dying humans but that doesnt stop me from enjoying the plots "twists " like Vlad or keeping me at the edge of my seat during battles between servants.
Nov 25, 2017 7:18 AM

Apr 2016
Because it's not as good as Fate/Zero, which is objectively approved by community as the best and only worth Fate thing, also besides battle shounen Mordred there is nothing worthy of praise in F/Apo, not to mention lolissasin.

This.
Nov 25, 2017 7:31 AM

Apr 2017
Any fate sequel that isn't made by Type-moon is basically garbage.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 25, 2017 7:34 AM

Apr 2016
S-quare22 said:

Good, because Fate/Apocrypha is not a sequel.
Nov 25, 2017 7:39 AM

Apr 2017
Swagernator said:
S-quare22 said:

Good, because Fate/Apocrypha is not a sequel.

Yeah. I wanted to say side story or something like that.

Who cares ?

"elles sont bien noires

Nov 25, 2017 7:41 AM

Apr 2016
S-quare22 said:
Who cares ?

People who don't like to see other people ranting, franchise they are not into.
Nov 25, 2017 7:44 AM

Apr 2017
Swagernator said:
S-quare22 said:
Who cares ?

People who don't like to see other people ranting, franchise they are not into.

If you think that I'm not a fate fangirl then I have some bad news for you :>

"elles sont bien noires

Nov 25, 2017 7:47 AM

Apr 2015
Oh boy this thread is going to be good laugh again.
Nov 25, 2017 7:57 AM

Apr 2017
Ok you know what ? fuck it.

The Fate series is good... Anything good can go downhill from time to time.. just wait for the fate/extra that will air next year.. the fate series will take back its stolen glory again.

"elles sont bien noires

Nov 25, 2017 8:04 AM
May 2017
S-quare22 said:
just wait for the fate/extra that will air next year.. the fate series will take back its stolen glory again.
still waiting for HF and fate/khalid movie to come out first
Nov 25, 2017 8:11 AM

Oct 2014
Why people don't like it:
-It's not like Fate/Zero
-Sieg is the main character
-Those explosion sounds
-Animation isn't that good, even when you don't compare it to Ufotable
-loli the Ripper
-Astolfo trap

Why I don't like it:
-Sieg is the main character
-Those explosion sounds
-Assassin of Red is a Caster
-"Caster" of Red gets on my nerves

I still rated it 6.
Nov 25, 2017 8:17 AM

Apr 2016
S-quare22 said:
The Fate series is good... Anything good can go downhill from time to time.. just wait for the fate/extra that will air next year.. the fate series will take back its stolen glory again.

You talk about glory but only thing that will be "take back" would be amount of salt from haters because its not like Zero. + If they decide to add Elli-chan, Jesus, God forbid the haters will start a revolt.

DeitysDynasty said:
fate/khalid movie to come out first

Its out.

Shayon said:
Ripper's backstory

Well, i guess it's time to continue watching.
Nov 25, 2017 8:19 AM
May 2017
Shayon said:
I still rated it 6.
pretty long list for only a 6
Nov 25, 2017 8:21 AM
May 2017
Swagernator said:

DeitysDynasty said:
fate/khalid movie to come out first

Its out.
so is HF but I mean like a screening near me
Nov 25, 2017 8:22 AM

Apr 2016
DeitysDynasty said:

No, the Prisma Movie is out on the internet.
Nov 25, 2017 8:27 AM
May 2017
Swagernator said:
DeitysDynasty said:

Swagernator said:
DeitysDynasty said:

Thanks now I know what my next 2 hrs are being spent on (btw do I need to catch up to season three to watch it if so uggghhhh)
DeitysDynastyNov 25, 2017 8:32 AM
Nov 25, 2017 8:58 AM

Jun 2013
People are hating it because they expected another Zero and got something else that deal with things other than Zero.

Where in Zero you had personal struggle of a single men, moral debate and philosophical talk about way of life in Apocrypha you have struggle of a man left behind in the world, oral strugle about the nature of homonculi and philosophical talk about God and meaning of existence.

Clearly not what many new fans ( as in the ones who started the series becasue of Zero and not original material ) expected, and same will be done for Last Encore becasue it will also not be Zero.

Apocrypha on itself is quite good stand-alone story, what lacks when compared to previous titles more than enough suffice in battles and characters. Only main con being the romance where it realistically should not be there.

Just my 2 cents after speaking with a lot of people from the fanbase, old veterans see it as ok adaptation and new one hate it because it is not Zero and Ufotable.

So they can rate it low but I would not take any of this ratings seriously as they are mostly not rated objectively. Just watch the anime with mindset it is a new thing and you will enjoy it.
Nov 25, 2017 9:30 AM

Oct 2014
Swagernator said:
Shayon said:
Ripper's backstory

Well, i guess it's time to continue watching.

I can't do that when Vol 3 ch 4 isn't translated tho :^)

I hope it gets translated sometime..

S-quare22 said:
just wait for the fate/extra that will air next year.. the fate series will take back its stolen glory again.

BrotherCoa said:
and same will be done for Last Encore becasue it will also not be Zero.

I can already imagine the crazy reactions people will have toward Saber and Rider's designs, this will be fun.
Nov 26, 2017 9:56 PM
Jan 2017
Maybe because it's boring?
Nov 27, 2017 2:01 AM

Sep 2014
Compared to Fate Stay night which had a great villain in Kirei this has a very bland villain in Amakusa who is very similar to characters like Kiritsugu and Archer who were done better. Also doesnt help that this has a very boring protagonist in Sieg in comparison to Shirou Emiya. I don't rate Fate Zero as highly as other people do because of some annoying characters and the writing of Saber. However I will say that this just seems inferior in comparision to Fate Stay Night and Zero. This is good but not great the main problem I have with it is that there are several interesting characters but the main characters that get the most focus are very bland. I dont think this show is bad though I just think it is good not great.
lainrussoNov 27, 2017 2:22 AM
Nov 27, 2017 6:47 AM

Jul 2014
Mainly because the animation isn't great, none of the characters are memorable in any way (and most are just anime tropes brought to life as characters), the writing is lazy (they did the whole "everyone team up to fight the guy/thing who has gone berserk" three times already) and they seem to have forgotten the main plot for weeks on end at this point, with all the Jack stuff essentially being filler as Jack has no real impact on the Grail War whatsoever (the backstory/nightmare thing was good, though, even if it was filler).
Nov 27, 2017 7:27 AM

Sep 2017
If Mordred was the protagonist instead of Sieg's boring ass, this show would be 13x better
Nov 27, 2017 8:29 AM

Jan 2016
Tbh, I don't have a problem with the animation. I think it's decent. The problem for me is that the characters in focus are borings asf. Interesting characters like Mordred don't get a lot of screentime.

I'm a fanboy of the fate franchise, at least the Fate/Stay Night visual novel and the ufotable adaptations but this isn't really what I expected from it. There are a few characters that do interest me but they get far too little screen time. I like Jeanne though
Nov 27, 2017 11:13 AM

Feb 2015
Sieg is an awful character bland and boring. I'm not a fan of Jeanne she doesn't actually do anything. I'm not sold on their romance it's got no chemistry.

Mordred is the most interesting character but she's a side character. The story is a bit of a mess and then there's that daft trap that's purely Otaku pandering.

Action wise it's pretty solid but not a patch on Zero
Nov 28, 2017 10:56 AM
May 2017
S-quare22 said:
.Action wise it's pretty solid but not a patch on Zero
or UBW *cough cough*
Nov 28, 2017 1:35 PM

May 2012
DeitysDynasty said:
S-quare22 said:
.Action wise it's pretty solid but not a patch on Zero
or UBW *cough cough*

It is much better than UBW fights. UBW fights were shorter and not as intense as the one from Apocrypha
Nov 29, 2017 7:39 AM

Feb 2011

Alright I'll give it a go, since the case is practically double well probably 1.7 times the regular Fate series 14 servants and 7 masters 2 rulers, the level of character development is about half that of a regular fate series, I mean take a look at Unlimited Blade Works the level of characterization is extreme since we have what is 25 episodes devoted to Emiya, archer and Rin, of course some characters are left at the wayside but this extreme character development allows for the story to have great impact.

People give such low scores not because this is a bad anime, in fact this is probably one of the best of the season, but because the Fate series standards are very high.

Looking at the character development if we had a focus on Jeanne and Sieg like to an extreme then this story would have more meaning but we won't know since the development is weak for almost all characters, I mean take a look at Chiron and Fiore and the rest of the Ygg clan and servants not a lot of development or it wasn't well done. I mean golem dude was like a one-off monster before he was killed, we have next to no character development on Red servant side, at most with the episode count we will get flashback backstories of them but in the end that isn't all to original or a good way to show it, I think if they upped the episode count they could do more but the large cast is hindering the story. For me this is a solid 7/10, we have cool servants and to be honest I love Sieg and Ruler and Rider story, plus Saber's selfish quest. outside of that this anime is bad at delivery of the other characters.
Nov 29, 2017 2:21 PM

Jun 2009
Average and boring. Thats how i describe it. It's not love or hate - I want to sleep through it.
Average characters: Jack 'loli' the Ripper is most boring for me (kill-kill-kill, thats all?), 50% of the cast is useless (first master of Astolfo wins this award, what was that? o__0), poor backstories, poor development.

Average fights, average animation (though it gets really bad sometimes, recent episodes are better).

P.S. I'm not fan of Fate/Zero.
For me Fate/Stay Night (Deen) is average (because of the mix), Fate/Prototype - average, Fate/Grand Order - average, Fate/Zero - good, for the most part (though i didn't like some parts of it, +Gilles and his master may go to hell), Fate/SN: UBW (ufotable) - great (and horrible faces).

Well...
FrostnessNov 29, 2017 2:49 PM
Dec 1, 2017 1:19 AM

Nov 2013
Because it's a stain on muh perfect fate zero.

In all seriousness though, it's pretty lame. If I was a bit less lenient I would even say it's really bad.
Jan 7, 2018 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
Ok, i will just start with saying that im not planning to offend anyone.

First, and most important - this show gets hate because it not really too fate'y - yes, it has elements of fate franchise but its completly different. And its enough to warrant mass hatred from piece of fate fanbase. While most hardcore fanbases usually harbour many toxic people, fate has probably most of them. Average "hardcore/toxic" fateboy sleeps with sakura pillow, prays to his //zero altar and hates any animation that isnt done by ufotable. And this show has none of those. Its score would be higher by 1 or more if it was animated by ufotable (have i mentioned that ufotable has massive amount of worshippers?).
Cant say i completly dont understand those people - im also toxic towards people who like me3 or me:andromeda, because i find those games responsible for destroying my favorite franchise.
Second - Mob mentality - people are already bashing this anime, so other join.
Third - Fate franchise is usually filled with semi-philosophical crap, and teenagers like it. Not that i have anything against it, if its served right, but in fate its usually either overblown or outright stupid (fate/extra ending could probably rival mass effect 3 green/blue ending in :stupidest category, at least in my book). But Apocrypha is different in that regard - most servants actually act like adult people, and so do masters. Of course that doesnt mean they dont change or start to see thing in different light, but they act like adult people, not some teenagers. Mature man dont need to act like flag blowing in the wind before they can make a decision (*cough,cough* shiro in heavens feel route *cough*).
And flashbacks - insane amount of it in other fate's - here they are sparse and used well, instead of flooding everythin with them.
Fourth aka second - people just outright lie through their teeth to bash this show (some examples)
-Music being bad (maybe in 1$ headphones)
-Animation being bad (while it lacks details like ufatable animation has, otherwise its amazing - dont remeber when it was last time when i saw so many long battles in anime, with insanely fluid animation, not interrupted every 5s but 5 minute flashbacks and pointless, unnatural talking, to stretch episode for as long as possible).
-Characters having close to zero developement (completly changing in a matter of minutes/hours is not developement, its schizophrenia) (or talk no jutsu?) Characters in /Apocrypha developed more like real people.
-hypocritically bashing loli jack and trap rider (not that fate kaleid is just one big fanservice and fate franchise has plenty of disgusting fanservice, right?)
And so on...
Fifth - MC not being Emyia "hypocrite" Shirou* or some other weakling hunted by his feelings. On the contrary - he was capable of quickly overcoming his weaknesses and making decisons, standing firm on his beliefs.

Of course i cant say this series is perfect (not enough episodes dedicated to developing romance, most masters being basically placeholders, ost could contain more tracks, basically whole jack arc and black caster should have just died in gardens).
But its better that way, at least it wasnt artifically stretched.
For me only fate works better than apocrypha is saber's route in FSN:RN.

Of course im not saying that people should like this anime as much as i do, but its seriously pathetic how some pople try to make this to look like worst series ever.

TL:DR - Apocrypha is not like their worshipped fate zero/hf or other fates by typemoon therefore it MUST be bad.
Like 2-3/10 bad.

*I mean HF Emiya.

PS: Fate/Apocrypha was written by Yuichiro Higashide and thats probably worst sins of them all - hes not Nasu.
I really like his way of writing tho(Ayakashibito is amazing VN) so its not really a suprise that i really like this anime.

harem and ecchi are a cancer to whole planet
bad english user
Jan 9, 2018 8:25 AM
May 2013
I have a problem with the source material itself, not the anime.

I didn't like how they portrayed Jeanne, since it made her look weak and unfitting of the Ruler-class. As you know, a heroic servant's class is chosen based on the person's skills and accomplishments in life. And being in the strongest class, Ruler, Jeanne should've been more, umm, charismatic is the word i guess.

Most Heroic Spirits are in their prime (close to 30 or 30's or 40's i guess), and in Fate Zero, Caster(Gilles) mistook Arthuria as Jeanne. This is because Arthuria must've been similar to Jeanne, not only in appearance, but in their presence/aura. As long as you have accomplished feats, regardless of good or bad, you can become a heroic spirit. Jack the ripper is a child and murderer, but already accomplished in battle so it's not surprising she's a heroic spirit, but Jeanne is different. Compared to killing indiscriminately, becoming a heroic spirit through good rather than evil is harder, even more so as a teen.(Remember that most heroic spirits are in their prime)

Arthuria and Jeanne are in their teens, yet became heroic spirits (although Arthuria is technically alive and Jeanne is already dead). This goes to show how amazing they are, so I'm just really disappointed and irritated at the apocrypha story itself since Jeanne was made to look like a template fantasy bishoujo who just wanted to fall inlove, especially with a uhmm, really generic MC. And I think this is all the more evident to fate fanpeople since they probably know more about how amazing Jeanne is.

Thank you and bye-nara!

EDIT: I can understand Saber and Shirou pairing in FSN, but the Jeanne and Sieg pairing is just........ bad?Forced? I can't find the right word. But still it's a part of the fate universe, so i have to accept that they'll end up together.
MarathotakuJan 9, 2018 8:54 AM
Jan 9, 2018 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
It literally had the worst cast possible for a Fate tie-in.
The animation quality was laughably bad most of the time too.

Just watching through the horrible ending made me want to end my life.
Jan 9, 2018 5:44 PM
May 2015
The main character is extremely boring, cliche, unlikeable, ridiculously thick plot armor, etc.

Was a garbage show.
Jan 9, 2018 6:03 PM

Mar 2010
Swagernator said:
Caring about what the "community" believes... IN ANY OTHER TIME SPAN OR UNIVERSE.

Outside of Sieg being a homunculus and Claude for saving his older sister (and being yelled at for it), I like my Fate series where shounen leads DON'T suck.

There's the "vegetarian" anime fanbase that are larger in numbers, and there's the "meat-eating" anime fanbase. And unfortunately the lot of people who make anime are vegetarians as well. My hopes of being proven wrong were in the garbage can until Fate/Apocrypha.
Jan 9, 2018 9:49 PM

Apr 2016
Hectotane said:
Swagernator said:
Caring about what the "community" believes... IN ANY OTHER TIME SPAN OR UNIVERSE.

Outside of Sieg being a homunculus and Claude for saving his older sister (and being yelled at for it), I like my Fate series where shounen leads DON'T suck.

There's the "vegetarian" anime fanbase that are larger in numbers, and there's the "meat-eating" anime fanbase. And unfortunately the lot of people who make anime are vegetarians as well. My hopes of being proven wrong were in the garbage can until Fate/Apocrypha.

It's not polite to change someone post.
Jan 10, 2018 2:32 AM

Aug 2014
Fans hate it somehow,

It wasn't worked by The Unlimited Budget work studio aka ufotable.

The story is hard to understand and most fight are jumbled into one.

Too much cast in the Anime even main character seems lacking a screentime.

Me? It has some problems but damn 10/10 i am really enjoying it better than UBW.

Maybe low score caused by people who dropped it or bandwagon.
What do you expect.

I thought it was going to be bad seeing the score goes but damn, it's pretty good and exceed my expectations.
Jan 10, 2018 11:25 AM

Mar 2010
Swagernator said:
It's not polite to change someone post.

Neither is having other people think for you. They tend to make decisions you'll hate and regret for the rest of your life.
Jan 11, 2018 7:44 AM
Apr 2015
I don't hate it, i just think it's extremely forgettable.
It also doesn't help that the show does not really feel like a fate show (and something more closer to a generic shounen.)

They tried to pull alot of directions, some new, some older ones that you already saw before in the orginal F/SN. But it all felt very... flat. Like there was not a real connection or response. For example one of the recurring themes you see in a fate/type moon franchise is to showcase how alienated a magus mindset really is. Naturally this would case conflict (to others as well as your own if you are soft at heart like Waver or Rin). But in Fate apo this barelly gets mentioned. And in the few episode(s) it does get somewhat mentioned/related it just feels very so low effort that it didn't take me 2 seconds to find some serious flaws with it.

This show it's problem doesn't lie with character(s) like Sieg. Sieg is only a product of deeper lingering problem, the writer how he percieved the world of fate. Therefore hating "character x" is just dumb to me.

Animation is just secondary to me , it won't make or break a show. I still like the overal story of Deens saber route version (despite it having some really stupid shit like boundage Sakura lol).

In short i believe the original F/SN (even the anime) had a more convincing and memorable story feel to it compared to than Fate Apo.

Not to mention the inconsistenties of certain "elements" compared to older works (comparable to stuff you see in the UBW anime, Archer's "infinite manapool" despite being low on mana, etc.)

Was it enjoyable?: Yes.
Was it on par with the orginal F/SN story in it's themes: No
Was there any memorable character? (note: powerfull≠memorable) : No

It would have been better if it didn't had the name "Fate" in it. Then it would have been that one average shounen show that everyone forgets in a few months.
frenze12Jan 11, 2018 7:48 AM
Jan 11, 2018 2:31 PM

Oct 2017
Because it sucks..F/SN UBW did too but at least it looked better. F/Z remains by far the best part of this overrated Franchise!
Jan 12, 2018 11:19 AM

Jul 2007
To be honest, I just dislike everything about Jeanne, Sieg and Astolfo. The cast is so big and the servants/masters just seem to be there to fight and die(they're all fodder). There's just no focus. The character development is not done very well. Only interesting character I find is Mordred, and that's near the end of the show where they rush developed her motivations of rebellion/usurpation. I also find some interactions between servants who already know each other interesting, but it's clearly not being developed well either.
Jan 13, 2018 4:32 PM
Mar 2013
Lax_Caux said:
In my case, I am not liking it because if you had already seen Zero or UBW you get to know all the motifs behind masters and servants before or during the action, and even some episodes are philosofical debates, like the one in Zero that Saber, Archer and Rider discuss what makes a good king, or the one in UBW where Shirou and Archer debate what makes a hero and what is justice. For me, Apocrypha is just superficial in character development. Is jus action for action. We don't get to know some servants and mostly of the master. Shirou Kotomine is a terrible villain with generic aspirations, as Sieg is a sad MC, plain as hell. Jeanne is boring and the romance between her and Sieg has any chemestry. The Black masters are just unimportant and the servants are just for action: Achilles, Seramines, Chiron, Frankenstein, Vlad III, ... Even fan favourite Astolfo is plain, I like Astolfo because he is funny and flamboyant, but as character he is just trap fan service. The only masters that had some background development where Aviceberon in one episode, Jack, in the best episode, the nightmare one, just as Atalanta, and Sheakespere that wants to write an epic story and that´s it. For a 25 episode series of a franchise that is well known for having great character development and the clash of these characters ideals and powers that is nothing. As a fan of the franchise I am desappointed with the route the series take, empty, uninteresting, action for action, souless... technically is great, good animation, good OST, excelent dubbing, but in therms of writing and character is bad, REALLY BAD,
i agree i think the same
Jan 16, 2018 12:41 AM
Oct 2017
I actually thought that this was going to be a bad show with the hate it's getting that's why I watched it so late but tbh I enjoyed it more than any route of fate stay night and at times fate zero. Tbh, I'm just starting to think most hate are just bandwagon hate (not to discredit those who actually don't like the show). The characters are also likable for me tbh. To each their own I guess.
Jan 16, 2018 5:17 AM
Nov 2017
I don't really hate the anime, didn't even watched yet, i just read the LN and is not good, it's just weak, some year's later Strange Fake came with a similar ideia and as really good.

It's just disappoint and the fact that Sieg is considered the worst MC from a Type-Moon work really say much
Jan 16, 2018 5:24 AM
Nov 2017
Marathotaku said:
I have a problem with the source material itself, not the anime.

I didn't like how they portrayed Jeanne, since it made her look weak and unfitting of the Ruler-class. As you know, a heroic servant's class is chosen based on the person's skills and accomplishments in life. And being in the strongest class, Ruler, Jeanne should've been more, umm, charismatic is the word i guess.

Most Heroic Spirits are in their prime (close to 30 or 30's or 40's i guess), and in Fate Zero, Caster(Gilles) mistook Arthuria as Jeanne. This is because Arthuria must've been similar to Jeanne, not only in appearance, but in their presence/aura. As long as you have accomplished feats, regardless of good or bad, you can become a heroic spirit. Jack the ripper is a child and murderer, but already accomplished in battle so it's not surprising she's a heroic spirit, but Jeanne is different. Compared to killing indiscriminately, becoming a heroic spirit through good rather than evil is harder, even more so as a teen.(Remember that most heroic spirits are in their prime)

Arthuria and Jeanne are in their teens, yet became heroic spirits (although Arthuria is technically alive and Jeanne is already dead). This goes to show how amazing they are, so I'm just really disappointed and irritated at the apocrypha story itself since Jeanne was made to look like a template fantasy bishoujo who just wanted to fall inlove, especially with a uhmm, really generic MC. And I think this is all the more evident to fate fanpeople since they probably know more about how amazing Jeanne is.

Thank you and bye-nara!

EDIT: I can understand Saber and Shirou pairing in FSN, but the Jeanne and Sieg pairing is just........ bad?Forced? I can't find the right word. But still it's a part of the fate universe, so i have to accept that they'll end up together.

Actually Arturia is a adult, she don't get old because of Avalon, her lancer version actually shows how she would be if she actually aged
https://goo.gl/images/2N8Wvc
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.