Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 23, 2017 10:55 AM
Apr 2015
Am I the only one that finds Flora and the gal commentator in season one to have the most annoying voices possible?
Flora especially seeing as she shows up a lot in season 2.

The gal commentator I can ignore because she shows up for 1-3 episodes then never appears again, plus I guess it's a jab at gals in general.

For Flora it sounds like they did a normal child/loli-like voice then just pinched their nose.It actually made me think "please die in a fire".
(that sounds bad, but I basically just wanted her to disappear and never speak again).

I know a lot of anime have their flaws and stuff, but I enjoyed Gakusen Toshi Asterisk quite a bit until Flora showed up, then it was just good/okay simply because she keeps speaking....
Nov 23, 2017 11:12 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Maybe I'm just excessively tolerant of these things but Flora's voice didn't bother me, but I know you're not the first person I've seen express irritation with her voice.

I dunno, I just found it generally unremarkable and otherwise fine, nothing especially memorable in either direction and kind of 5/10-ish material, I guess. She looked cute af tho.

Commentator Gal was so irrelevant and appeared so little that I can't even really remember much of her voice off of the top of my head and don't have an opinion on it, truthfully.

Nov 23, 2017 11:54 AM

Jun 2017
Yeah, I gotta admit, Flora's voice was terrible. It's hard to believe they said yes to that audition...

The commentator evidently didn't stand out too much to me, as I don't actually know for sure who you're referring to... the girl with orange hair I'm guessing? ...but her cringe factor is nowhere near Flora's level. There have only ever been a couple other high-pitched anime voices that I found unbearable, and I can't even recall who they are now - cuz Flora.
Nov 23, 2017 12:11 PM
Apr 2015
I only remember the commentator because I finished watching season 1 the other day.
It wasn't the one with orange hair though, it was one with much darker skin and maybe white hair?

I looked up Flora's voice actor and they have a decent amount of voice acting roles, none of which I remember being bad (out of the few I've seen and remember), meaning it was probably someone in the recording team or something that thought it was a good idea :L

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

151 by AttackONSUS »»
Jan 26, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

79 by vadoyager7 »»
Aug 15, 2023 6:28 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

77 by vadoyager7 »»
Jul 24, 2023 10:33 PM

» How did you feel about this series as a whole?

sorames - Jun 9, 2023

31 by ejleon »»
Jun 12, 2023 4:21 AM

» Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Season 3 ( 1 2 )

GoldenGamerHD - Dec 3, 2017

50 by VidipSarkar123 »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.