Forum Settings
Forums

Are you grateful that majority of anime characters have light skin?

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Does the general state of anime skin color need to be altered?

Nov 22, 2017 5:13 PM

Minami said:
Nyu said:

Are you forgetting that Europeans colonised South Africa.
And in Europe, Africans immigrated to Europe.

So what you’re saying is that Africans (or dark skinned people?) shouldn’t be shown in European settings because they immigrated to Europe? Sorry but how does that make sense. The point is that they’re a minority NOW and therefore there’s nothing wrong with showing them in that setting. Anyways, just correct me if I understood you wrong, in the meantime I will sleep seeing as I already have a little amount of hours to sleep left, before my alarm goes off.

Edited because my sleepy brain wrote majority instead of minority

"The point is that they’re a minority NOW"

You do know we're not a minority.

Nov 22, 2017 5:17 PM

It has been what, a year since this topic was brought up? I am impressed.

OT: Is not something i wonder about, or care for that matter. Things such as diversity is irrelevant when it comes to anime because most are set in either japan or in a fictional world with a culture very similar to it, target to appeal to that specifically demographic.
Ofc i am not agains other ethnicities or races to be represented in anime, i very much welcome them. However like i said before it is irrelevant to me the color that a characters has.

✧A Believing Heart Is Your Magic✧

Nov 22, 2017 5:20 PM

Holy crap, this thread is comedy gold.
[insert witty quote here]

Nov 22, 2017 5:20 PM

In Otaku news: riots have broken out over which waifu is better, because of their skin colour. Dark skin girls have been seeking shelter after being assaulted by an angry group of weebs.

I don't know dude, dark skin with white hair is pretty lit.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

Nov 22, 2017 5:25 PM

I don't care about skin colors. As long as the anime is good and fun to watch, everything is fine regardless the skin color.
Modified by Half-MagePrince, Nov 22, 2017 5:28 PM

Nov 22, 2017 5:26 PM

Do you guys prefer light colored mecha or dark colored mecha?

Nov 22, 2017 5:28 PM

Somewhat, chars with light skin are typically more attractive to me than those with darker skin. But its not the main reason i watch anime.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Nov 22, 2017 5:50 PM
fanservice<3

is this one of those lowkey anti-western threads?

anyway, i am most attracted to light skin, so i'd say yes

although

i'd fuck both of them at the same time

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 22, 2017 5:56 PM

If all future waifu prospects were dark skinned, I'd have to convert back to liking 3D women.

Low Key, Kaho from Blend S looking fine tho.

Nov 22, 2017 6:10 PM

" I watch anime to create bait threads with a political agenda"

Ehh... I don't really care what skin colour the waifu is. What I care if it's a loli or nah or a loli-bait or nah.

Nov 22, 2017 6:27 PM

Comic_Sans said:

Here's that race baiting attention you ordered
I can't help but think the words on the bag isn't talking about the food with the way she's smiling ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 22, 2017 6:27 PM

I would say, yes. I would like to see more dark skinned girls and guys. But only because they do seem to provide a unique feeling to whatever they are in.

And dark skinned isn't necessarily "black". But it can be.

But here are some examples of "types".

The cute loli.

The Beautiful Badass

The Psycho with crazy hair

The Princely type

The Princess Type

That hot mechanic

The gore Samurai

The Girly Girl working a job you sometimes think she should not be doing.

The "it is only a tan" girl.
The anime community in a nutshell.

Nov 22, 2017 6:32 PM

Why the fuck would someone even care about the skin color in a fucking cartoon, like come the fuck on.

Nov 22, 2017 6:34 PM

Energetic-Nova said:
I would say, yes. I would like to see more dark skinned girls and guys. But only because they do seem to provide a unique feeling to whatever they are in.

Source for the hot mechanic, or is it from the boondocks?

Nov 22, 2017 6:40 PM

It's not a bad thing, but a variety of different people would be cool. It's hardly ever done.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 22, 2017 6:54 PM

Anime don't need no darkys!...

I'll never say.
Modified by BararaqSaiqa, Nov 22, 2017 7:03 PM

Nov 22, 2017 7:01 PM

Who the hell cares what color skin the characters have? Hot is hot.
"Should I be concerned over the obvious delight our daughter takes in the ultra-violence?"
"It's genetic"
-Red Arrow to Cheshire (Young Justice)

Nov 22, 2017 7:06 PM
Oingo Boingo ~

I mean, the characters are generally Japanese, it makes sense they'd have light skin...?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd love to see inside your mind, to tear it all apart;
To cut you open with a knife
And find your sacred heart.
I'd love to take your satin dolls and
Tear them all to shreds.
I'd love to mess your pretty hair;
I'd love to see you dead!
❤️ Mine. ❤️

Nov 22, 2017 7:06 PM

Dark skin is great, especially dark elves.

*insert gif of KuroInu's Chloe eating icecream*

Nov 22, 2017 7:12 PM

According to "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman, in the future all of humanity will look 'vaguely Polynesian'.

Nov 22, 2017 7:36 PM

Milk_is_Special said:
Energetic-Nova said:

Source for the hot mechanic, or is it from the boondocks?

Miyuki from Basquash! :)

I haven't seen it but, I can tell you...

She has fans.
The anime community in a nutshell.

Nov 22, 2017 7:46 PM

Dark-skinned waifus are life, but the reality of the situation is that Japan is extremely homogeneous and a majority of Japanese people that don't live in the city have never even seen a white person in real life let alone a black person. Though I would enjoy seeing more representation for tan Japanese people represented. East Asians obsession with porcelain skin is lame af

Nov 22, 2017 7:48 PM

High Quality Production studio like Production I.G. can only do that, it's hard to find various artist who can color a lot of characters. Though I would love to see some color variety in an anime.

Nov 22, 2017 7:54 PM

It all depends on where the anime takes place.

Nov 22, 2017 8:10 PM

I personally find white skin a lot more appealing than tanned, or people with darker skin tones, so yep, I definitely approve the way it is.

Nov 22, 2017 10:46 PM

Nyu said:
Minami said:

So what you’re saying is that Africans (or dark skinned people?) shouldn’t be shown in European settings because they immigrated to Europe? Sorry but how does that make sense. The point is that they’re a minority NOW and therefore there’s nothing wrong with showing them in that setting. Anyways, just correct me if I understood you wrong, in the meantime I will sleep seeing as I already have a little amount of hours to sleep left, before my alarm goes off.

Edited because my sleepy brain wrote majority instead of minority

"The point is that they’re a minority NOW"

You do know we're not a minority.

I’m pretty sure you’re misunderstanding me. The people who i’m calling a minority are the people you say shouldn’t be shown in an European setting because they immigrated to Europe (in other words, dark skinned people). Which makes literally no sense. How does colonisation justify white people being shown in a setting, but immigration does not? Are you a troll or just illogical?

Nov 22, 2017 11:11 PM

Energetic-Nova said:

The cute loli.

The Beautiful Badass

The Psycho with crazy hair

The Princely type

The Princess Type

That hot mechanic

The gore Samurai

The Girly Girl working a job you sometimes think she should not be doing.

The "it is only a tan" girl.

"unique" that's hilarious, there is far less diversity in dark skinned characters, no multitude of hair colours, no multitude of eye colours.

If anything it makes things more generic, more the same.

Nov 22, 2017 11:16 PM

I've seen a lot of shows with dark skinned girls and they were pretty gorgeous. I already have yoruichi in the favs and she is really decent.

I wish we had more of them, honestly.

Also,the skin color has nothing to do with popularity, duh.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 22, 2017 11:18 PM

youseiki said:
High Quality Production studio like Production I.G. can only do that, it's hard to find various artist who can color a lot of characters. Though I would love to see some color variety in an anime.

"colour variety", so instead of the blonde, red haired, brunette, black haired, blue eyed, hazel eyed, green eyed, brown eyed, you would prefer less colour variety, such as black hair and brown eyes.

Why do you want less diversity.

Nov 22, 2017 11:21 PM

Nyu said:

"unique" that's hilarious, there is far less diversity in dark skinned characters, no multitude of hair colours, no multitude of eye colours.

LOL Nyu. Those characters Energetic Nova posted do have different eye colors and the characters I posted have different hair colors. No offense but you might need to check your optometrist.

Nov 22, 2017 11:24 PM

I quite like my white waifus. Most, if not all, would look weird in any other skin color than white.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno

Nov 22, 2017 11:24 PM

DrGeroCreation said:
Nyu said:

LOL Nyu. Those characters Energetic Nova posted do have different eye colors and the characters I posted have different hair colors. No offense but you might need to check your optometrist.

Notice how the majority of characters Nova posted had black hair, that is real diversity. Also in realistic anime, they wont be able to have any eye variety.

Nov 22, 2017 11:29 PM

I'm ok with how things are and don't think the medium NEEDS to change.
I wouldn't get upset or throw a tantrum if it did.
I can say this though.. of the shows I've watched so far, I haven't been a big fan of the personalities or other character traits often given to the ones with a darker natural skin tone.
I won't go into details, otherwise this post would probably look more like a rant.
Let's just leave it as: if they do start making more darker skinned characters, just let them be like most any other character, but with darker skin. Don't make most of them into a narrow range of tropes.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Nov 22, 2017 11:34 PM

Nyu said:
youseiki said:

"colour variety", so instead of the blonde, red haired, brunette, black haired, blue eyed, hazel eyed, green eyed, brown eyed, you would prefer less colour variety, such as black hair and brown eyes.

Why do you want less diversity.

Ah, I think you've misunderstood me, I mean I would love to see some people with different tone of skins, I failed to notice the colorful hairs because it was just the norm while the skin is not. Well Japan will make dark skinned or tanned skin characters if they are from places with dark skins like Michiko to Hatchin

Nov 22, 2017 11:42 PM

Nyu said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Notice how the majority of characters Nova posted had black hair, that is real diversity. Also in realistic anime, they wont be able to have any eye variety.
The ones I posted didn't though.

Anime Storm had white hair.
Dark Elf from Bikini Warriors had blonde hair.
Yoruichi had purple hair.

Colored contacts do exist you know and there are dark skinned people irl with natural different eye colors.

You mentioned red hair before. Karui from Naruto is dark skinned and has not only red hair but also yellow eyes.

This dark skinned character from Darker than Black has blue hair.

So your claim that dark skinned anime characters have no variety of hair and eye colors makes no sense.

Modified by DrGeroCreation, Nov 22, 2017 11:51 PM

Nov 23, 2017 12:00 AM

DrGeroCreation said:
Nyu said:

The ones I posted didn't though.

Anime Storm had white hair.
Dark Elf from Bikini Warriors had blonde hair.
Yoruichi had purple hair.

Colored contacts do exist you know and there are dark skinned people irl with natural different eye colors.

You mentioned red hair before. Karui from Naruto is dark skinned and has not only red hair but also yellow eyes.

This dark skinned character from Darker than Black has blue hair.

So your claim that dark skinned anime characters have no variety of hair and eye colors makes no sense.

I'll respond to your post when I wake up.

Nov 23, 2017 12:13 AM

I'd like some more dark skinned booties beauties.

Nov 23, 2017 12:14 AM

The way you worded those poll questions is bad and you should feel bad. Regardless, anime is mostly set in a country with barely any racial diversity so it seems pointless to complain about a lack of racial diversity in it. I wouldn't mind seeing more darker skinned character though, the pics posted here ain't half bad =P

Nov 23, 2017 12:19 AM
There are hot dark-skinned Anime females too.

An example of such a character is..... Shihouin Yoruichi.... from Bleach, as well as Tia Hallibel from Bleach. YORUICHI IS HOT !

I read from many Japanese posts that Yoruichi is quite the most popular dark-skinned fighting female from Japan. Thanks for creating her, Kubo-sensei.

In terms of specs and strength, those two are the hottest and strongest dark-skinned females in Anime. I don't know about you guys, but I'd take both of them as my close companions or my Master/Sensei in teaching me fighting skills than the Light-Skinned Esdeath from Akame ga Kill.

Now that I mentioned it, I'd love to see Halibel, who can use water-based attacks, fight against Esdeath. I mean, Halibel literally got imprisoned by Hitsugaya's strongest Ice Attack and remained unscathed even after being imprisoned for some time, and still fit for a 1-on-3 fight, so I bet Esdeath's Ice attacks won't work that much on her.

But if she's a good person, then I don't mind if an Anime girl is light or dark-skinned, as my requirement for me to like an Anime female is for her to be a good and gentle/understanding/caring person, and either strong in physicality or mentally, and intelligent.

That's why I don't like Orihime from Bleach, as she is not strong but weak and always had to depend on Kurosaki-kun, and that's why I also don't like most Tsunderes and Yanderes, as they like to hit and use violence on the males they like.

So, if anyone asks me on Anime girl's skin color, my reply is, " I will look at their personality and character first, not skin color ".

If anyone agrees with my opinions above, feel free to post them down here.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.

Nov 23, 2017 12:25 AM

Imagine an anime with 7 lolis who fit under a different -dere trope and each are a different colour of the rainbow. That would be a hit (and shit).

Nov 23, 2017 12:39 AM

My view is 100% apolitical.
It would be nice to see more dark-skinned characters (just like it's nice that we see such a variety in hair color).
I think that very dark skin becomes an issue with most art styles (so it's not surprising that we don't see a lot of characters that are black as coal), but the warm brown of the characters posted in the thread can't pose a problem with modern coloring techniques.

Nov 23, 2017 12:48 AM
Custom Title

I envy the Japanese, the entire west is destroying itself while Japan is determined to remain Japanese.
Forum Signature

Nov 23, 2017 12:54 AM

Nothing good has ever come out of pandering to "diversity aficionados", in any medium. Only forced, shallow travesties. So I'm fine with most anime waifus being light-skinned. And it's not like anime doesn't have waifus of color anyway, like a lot of people here have pointed out.

Nov 23, 2017 12:57 AM

Chimerared said:
Japan is determined to remain Japanese.

How are the Japanese determined to remain Japanese?

Nov 23, 2017 1:01 AM

OneNaughtyBear said:
I can't help but think the words on the bag isn't talking about the food with the way she's smiling ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wow, you’re one naughty bear ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Nov 23, 2017 1:04 AM
I am also quite fine with any skin color, but just to see some variety and eye candy, I'd like to see a Harem Anime where the Male Lead is Dark-skinned.

Anime couples with a dark-skinned male and light-skinned girl also makes it seem far more cute than couples where both the guy and girl are of same skin color. It's for Eye Candy, as I also preferred to look at cats which have multiple colors on their fur than cats with only one color; same with butterflies. Couples with 2 distinct colors I find cute, as are cats and butterflies with many colors on their bodies.

Are there any Anime Couples where the male is dark-skinned and the female/girl is light-skinned ?

I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.

Nov 23, 2017 6:11 AM

After seeing a tanned Kaho, why not?

Nov 23, 2017 6:21 AM
</overrated>

Most the men on this website can't handle dark women. But I can. The more the better.

Nov 23, 2017 6:28 AM

Darek said:
mruize85 said:

Half of the world population have dark skin color, and plenty of them are ridiculously rich. They have more than enough manpower and economical resources to create their own content where there won't be evil racist light skinned racists if they want.

What is racist is your paternalism.
Does anyone here know what I am actually talking about?

He clearly doesn't and just want to rave about how redpilled and aware he is. he needs more warrior of love in his life <3

Nov 23, 2017 6:31 AM

I like variation, so yeah, I'd like to see more dark skinned anime characters. They are underrepresented no doubt.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »