Forum Settings
Forums

Your favourite voice actor and is it possible to have a bias for characters voiced by him/her?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Feb 15, 2018 4:55 AM

Well.. Lately I've been interested in Shouts Aoi and that made me watch an anime where one of the MC voiced by him so.. The answer is Yes!

I seriously need to stop watching idol anime... The fact that I can't afford to buy their CDs yet keep making my heart broken..
(つд⊂)

Feb 15, 2018 5:25 AM

Not always, but I do really like and respect my favorite VAs.

FINALLY XX YOU OUT
feels so good to forget ya, i've become someone better

Feb 15, 2018 5:40 AM

Tomokazu Sugita - A voice actor that is a troller and a serious one. It can also do both at the same time. Either supporting or main.

Kaito Ishikawa - My favorite voice actor. I really liked his voice as Nine. So effing serious and smooth as silk. Can also troll though.

Feb 15, 2018 8:56 AM

It's definitely more probable for me to like certain character just because I love his/her seiyuu a lot. It doesn't make disliking some particularly annoying ones completely impossible, but it's definitely more rare than with other VA.

Feb 15, 2018 8:59 AM
I've started some anime mainly because I saw Sugita was in the cast, so I'd say it's definitely possible :>

Listen, everybody wants change, don't nobody want to change though
don't nobody want to pray, till they got something to pray for
now everybody's gonna die, but don't everybody live though

Feb 15, 2018 9:15 AM

Used to like characters voiced by Fuku Jun not so much now the guy can change his tone to serious like characters easily. His role in nurarihyion no mago blew me away just like Reiner when he went berserk and raped them all in the legend of the legendary heroes.

Feb 15, 2018 9:25 AM

I always tend to scream internally when a character voiced by Kaji Yuki is introduced, but if they are not that interesting the voice alone won't make me like the character so it's a no for me.

Feb 15, 2018 9:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Sugita definitely. Almost every character he voices, I end up loving them. Plus his voice is suited for silly comedic roles, and serious deep-voiced characters, so he can be a versatile seiyuu. But I don't think it's necessarily that Sugita makes me love the characters, but rather, the characters I love end up getting Sugita's voice. If a manga I read gets an adaptation, if Sugita's a part of it, then he ends of voice acting the character I liked the most in that manga. Do I like every character Sugita voice acts? No. I couldn't give a shit about that megane he voice acts in Shokugeki no Soma.

Also, I really like Sugita's real-life personality, haha.

Feb 15, 2018 9:47 AM
I have a lot of voice actors I LOVE (my favorites bwing Miyano Mamoru and Hiroshi Kamiya), and every time, even if the chatacters don't end up in my favorites, I just fall on love with them

Feb 15, 2018 9:53 AM

My favourite male voice actor is Morikawa Toshiyuki. He tends to voice guys in their 20-30, most of them are handsome, villians, or both.
I like most of his characters, but that's just because his style of his characters.

Feb 15, 2018 10:11 AM

My favourite voice actor is Hayami Sho. His voice is just godly and especially perfect for villains. He might be the reason that Aizen is my favourite anime villain of all time. He is also great as Azami in Shokugeki, Tokiomi in Fate Zero and Umibouzu in Gintama.

Feb 15, 2018 10:33 AM

Who is the second one OP?

Also , she did an amazing job voicing Gahara-san 😀😀😀

Feb 15, 2018 10:52 AM

yep, everytime i listen to TsundeRie i know i'll like the character, but i can't watch too many of her episodes in one day tho =D

Some favorite new girls from the Summer season <3 __________ delivery link

Feb 15, 2018 11:01 AM

Sugita is my favorite and it's possible to have a bias. The degree of me liking the character is increased if I enjoyed the voice acting. Since he's usually on point, there is a higher chance of me liking the character he voices compared to the rest of the other characters. It's not always a guarantee though.

Feb 15, 2018 11:20 AM
I admit i have watched an anime in the past primarly because it had my favorite voice actor in it, turns out the anime was actually great and i ended up staying for more than just his voice. However, i don't think i'm more likely to love a character just because they are voiced by one of my favorite voice actors, i take looks and personality more into account when judging characters rather than who voices them. But, i may add anime to my PTW list that i otherwise might not have because certain voice actors are in it, so is that a bias? Lol.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]