Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 23, 2017 12:51 AM

Apr 2013
Masterful storytelling. This show is just really great, honestly.

So this means that outside of the "spirit world," the cast would be actual foxes? If you look closely, while he looks very human, Kaito had some very subtle animalistic features whenever he wandered into the inn. The noticeably sharp teeth and the way his tufts of hair kind of look like dog ears in an anime-esque manner. Hmm.

tourke said:
this episode was pretty meta (thats what meta means right). that was a really interesting twist at the end, how the boy was a dog and the old guy was blind. i liked how they connected it all together.

I can't see what you're trying to say there even with context, and it could just be me, but I think you used it wrong. Lol.
SJ7izmNov 23, 2017 12:59 AM
Nov 23, 2017 1:06 AM

Jul 2015
Wasn't expecting such a beautiful episode until the very end. One of my favorites of the year.
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Nov 23, 2017 2:19 AM

Nov 2013
At first I thought, yet another ghost. But the interaction between Yuzu and the girl was nice and funny.

Somehow the "spirited away" episodes are the strongest and weakest part of the anime. It was interesting how everything was brought together in the end though.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 23, 2017 3:14 AM

Aug 2008
Who knew that a show about cute animal-eared girls with slice of life would bee quite deep and heart-warming? Really nice.

So this episode confirmed the nature of Yuzu's world, and its place in its universe. Yuzu's world is not quite the after life, but it is connected to the land of the gods. Much closer than the real world, at least. That explains many things.

And evidently, the inn where the story takes place is even closer to the after life than the rest of their world, as evident by the plethora of spirits that end up "visiting" the inn, besides their more "regular" clientele.

Anyway. The show still has cute girls doing cute things, along with some girlXgirl ship teasing, so I'm getting exactly what I came from all the same :)
Nov 23, 2017 4:38 AM

Apr 2011
This episode's story was so deep and intertwined. And it had a plot twist at the end that I couldn't wrap my thoughts around it at the end. Just everything connects together.

I never though series would go that deep? I was expecting some relaxing, cute slice of life about a cute fox girl.
MagitoNov 23, 2017 5:46 AM
Nov 23, 2017 5:16 AM

Dec 2015
fatalystic said:

There has to be something time-related going on though; Matsumoto was still in high school when she wandered in and met Yuzu. Meanwhile, the man (her father in the anime) said that she had was living on her own, and we see by the end (Kaito's final visit) that she had published a picture book. Typically, you would expect a Japanese person to live on their own when they enter university or join the workforce. While it is possible to write and release a book while schooling, it's probably not the best idea. On the man's end, while he looks fairly young for some reason, his wife looks to be in her forties at least so we can reasonably expect him to be about her age as well. So my conclusion is that there was at least a gap of a few years between Matsumoto's timeline and the man's timeline. As for Kaito, whether or not there's any gap between his and the man's timeline depends on how long the man had to spend in the hospital between his departure (i.e. awakening) and his being discharged from the hospital. The shorter this period of time, the larger the gap in time between Kaito's and the man's timelines.

I just thought one year has passed or something like that, but the "time-goes-faster-in-real-world" theory might be right.
Nov 23, 2017 7:51 AM
Sep 2014
ridley388 said:
I just thought one year has passed or something like that, but the "time-goes-faster-in-real-world" theory might be right.

It's either that, or "wanderers" can come in from Earth from any point in the timeline. Though if that's the case there are probably certain restrictions.
Nov 23, 2017 7:51 AM

May 2009
Didn't expect it to hit me this hard, that twist at the end was beautiful.

PS: The tears won't stop
Nov 23, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2014
ridley388 said:

Guide dogs spend one year with a "socializing" family before getting back to training so they can get used to being with people. In the end all the other kids were guide dogs too.

I didn't understand that in the episode. Thanks!
Nov 23, 2017 9:17 AM

Jun 2016
Ohmygod. That was hell of an episode and holy shit, it's probably my favorite Konohana Kitan episode. :'D

That first half was everything with Yuzu helping that girl who apparently loves lying because she hates reality, and she has no people who are precious to her, then Yuzu cheered her up, and the moment she woke up, she met that person who's apparently been sitting in front of her in their classroom.

Next one was the kid named Kaito who have problems achieving something or whatever he wants to become, then his "parents" took him away somewhere to be able to help people.

The last one was a married man who had an accident and thinks he's been a burden to his family, so he chose to stay there, and not go back to his family.

And shit they're all connected. I hope I'm right here.

The girl Yuzu met named Rei is the daughter of that old married man, Matsumoto-san, who doesn't want to go home and the injury he got after an accident he's pertaining to is he got blind. And Kaito apparently is a dog (LITERALLY MINDBLOWNED). Kaito I think finally finds his purpose or whatever in life, and it's he becomes Matsumoto-san's dog, and he helped him got back up again, and live a happy life as a blind man.

So, their world was like some kind of another dimension that human beings unintentionally can access to? Especially human beings who are struggling? Damn, there are two worlds that exist in this anime and woooow. :D

Ohmygod the feels. I wasn't ready for this episode. This is too much.

5/5. This is the best episode of Konohana Kitan, I s2g. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 23, 2017 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
Perfect episode. Amazing storytelling and unexpected twist by the end. 5/5.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 23, 2017 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
WHOOOOAAAA this IS my favorite ep in this season so far. Raise the score guys
Nov 23, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2013
The series has surprised me a few times before, but this episode was the first one to really go the extra mile. And despite most of the episode focusing on guests, we still got a tiny bit of yuri in the moment where Satsuki noticed Yuzu's frustration, and the very light subtext between Matsumoto and her classmate. I'm very pleased with this episode. Now if only we could get more Satsuki × Yuzu...

tourke said:
this episode was pretty meta (thats what meta means right). that was a really interesting twist at the end, how the boy was a dog and the old guy was blind. i liked how they connected it all together.

Meta usually means self-referential in the context of art, and I didn't notice any points where the show was referencing itself in this episode.
LeeTailorNov 23, 2017 11:39 AM
Nov 23, 2017 12:34 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow what a weird woman Yuzu ended up finding at the beach. Yuzu really can help just about anyone that she encounters doesn't she. So Yuzu ended up meeting a compulsive liar then. So she lies to protect herself from a reality that she see's boring. But its nice that she has a classmate and friend that cares about her though. So people of other worlds often wander into their world then. Satsuki sure was carefree about it though. So the boys parents were not actually his true parents then. Kieri's answer to that unruly guest sure was hillarious. Watching Kaito lecture that guest sure was funny. But i guess both Kaito and the guest had similar problems then. Man Kaito ended up as a dog sure was unexpected. But choosing to help that guest as a guild dog was a smart way of solving both of the problems that they had. Quite a sweet and cute episode actually.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2017 3:23 PM

Jan 2016
So many revelations and twist in one episode..
Nov 23, 2017 3:29 PM

Sep 2013
The ending confused the hell out of me at first but it turned out to connect everything. This anime is really good at making very beautiful twists~
*Screaming autistically through the screen*
Nov 23, 2017 7:25 PM

Jun 2015
A suicidal daughter, a strange family connection and... A DOG?!

Totally caught me by surprise. I have no idea what this show is doing anymore, but that was certainly interesting. So basically, all the fox girls at Konohanatei first of all don't age, but apparently also experience time differently? Because it seems like only a little while has passed for them, unless it really had been like 10 years since Kaito returned? His "mom" was like a grandma back in the real world, she was only like... probably 40 at the beginning of the episode?

Very strange. Seems to me that Konohanatei is a place where souls, not limited to human ones, shed off regrets/sadness, though the "mechanics" of how it all works doesn't yet make complete sense.
Nov 23, 2017 7:53 PM
Feb 2015
MonogatariLSD said:

Totally caught me by surprise. I have no idea what this show is doing anymore, but that was certainly interesting. So basically, all the fox girls at Konohanatei first of all don't age, but apparently also experience time differently? Because it seems like only a little while has passed for them, unless it really had been like 10 years since Kaito returned? His "mom" was like a grandma back in the real world, she was only like... probably 40 at the beginning of the episode?

Very strange. Seems to me that Konohanatei is a place where souls, not limited to human ones, shed off regrets/sadness, though the "mechanics" of how it all works doesn't yet make complete sense.

since Kaito's a dog, then he ages faster than humans (the whole 1 human year = 7 dog years thing). so it might have been a few months to a year.
... maybe
Nov 23, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2015
mjk321 said:
MonogatariLSD said:

since Kaito's a dog, then he ages faster than humans (the whole 1 human year = 7 dog years thing). so it might have been a few months to a year.
... maybe

I thought about that, but like I said the "mom" was like 40 before so unless she gets wrinkly and cracked voice in like a year, no way dood lol
Nov 23, 2017 7:58 PM
Feb 2015
MonogatariLSD said:
mjk321 said:

... maybe

I thought about that, but like I said the "mom" was like 40 before so unless she gets wrinkly and cracked voice in like a year, no way dood lol

the grandma was the old man's wife. Kaito's "mom" at the beginning of the story was his caretakers before they sent him off to the guide dog training place where he met the other kids/dogs.
Nov 23, 2017 8:03 PM

Jun 2015
mjk321 said:
MonogatariLSD said:

the grandma was the old man's wife. Kaito's "mom" at the beginning of the story was his caretakers before they sent him off to the guide dog training place where he met the other kids/dogs.

Oh damn you're right I was too busy getting excited at this crazy dog... well then yah, I mean it could very well have only been a year. The only possible thing that could suggest it's been a while is the picture book by Rei, but how long do those take? Maybe 2-3 years tops, since she was also doing art school.
Nov 23, 2017 11:37 PM
Dec 2012
Ahh what a great episode.
Nov 23, 2017 11:37 PM

Nov 2014
so Konohana-tei is somekind of LIMBO I guess..

Beautifull episode as usual..
Nov 24, 2017 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
Another beautiful episode!
Looks like souls of alive people get lost also!
The girl on the beach is probably related to the family with the blind husband and Kaito-reincarnated dog!
4/5.

The concept of two worlds is quite unique but my bet is Konohanatei is just a purgatory and souls that would cross-over go to either hell or heaven or like this episode go back to the earth! nice concept!
matias067Nov 24, 2017 12:13 AM

Nov 24, 2017 2:35 AM

Feb 2007
This episode... The tears keep coming back just reading the other comments here.
Nov 24, 2017 4:16 AM
Sep 2016
A really touching episode.
I never expect that the 3 backstories are connected to each other.
How the plot flows is truly brilliant.
Best episode so far.
2/5
Nov 24, 2017 4:29 AM

Aug 2013
What an amazing episode. Just beautiful.

I didn't expect that ending and the way everything was connected. The best episode so far. Almost brought me to tears.

Nov 25, 2017 7:03 AM

Oct 2016
This made me cry more than almost any other episode of anything I've seen. Beautiful.
Warning: Loli is loyal, and may become aggressive.
Nov 25, 2017 8:15 AM

Mar 2013
That was... Unexpected...
Didn't think a Relaxing series like this could get an unexpected twist in the End like that...

What a wonderful Episode, and probably best Episode so far...
Nov 25, 2017 8:46 AM

Apr 2015
Simultaneously the weirdest and the most down-to-earth episode so far
Not the best episode but the best story sf
Nov 25, 2017 9:42 AM

Jul 2013
This anime made me think it was simply one of the best CGDCT, but it turned out to be the best Isekai I've ever seen.

Never in my life would I expect an anime I picked up because "the visual looks nice" to become one of my top 5 favorites of all time.
Nov 25, 2017 10:16 AM
May 2017
So beautiful...

Everything is connected even if it seems not and sometimes in incredible ways.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 25, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2012
My god, I was not expecting that. This was absolutely beautiful. They were all part of the same family all along.
Nov 25, 2017 9:31 PM

Jul 2015
SO THEIR TAILS ARE COMPLETELY USELESS AND ONLY SERVE TO MAKE THEM CUTER... That's nice to know... I guess. That second half... I don't have words to explain my emotions but I definitely loved it, they even tied in the first half, though I'm wondering how time passes for the foxes now. I guess when you a spirit time works differently for you.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 26, 2017 7:39 AM

Aug 2013
matias067 said:
Another beautiful episode!
Looks like souls of alive people get lost also!
The girl on the beach is probably related to the family with the blind husband and Kaito-reincarnated dog!
4/5.

The concept of two worlds is quite unique but my bet is Konohanatei is just a purgatory and souls that would cross-over go to either hell or heaven or like this episode go back to the earth! nice concept!

It's not reincarnated, Kaito was a dog all along.
Nov 26, 2017 8:47 AM

Feb 2009
So there's more than one world or plane of time? That's cool

Nov 26, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2015
The best episode in this anime, so good
Nov 26, 2017 11:54 PM

Dec 2016
Wow I don’t even remember the last time i dropped my jaw in amazement but this ending sure did it. That was so well put together and surprising and cute. Sometimes the stories this show tells are very heartwarming
Nov 27, 2017 12:47 AM

Oct 2010
9jaotaku3S said:
And it may seem that God is unfair...but at the end..He isn't.

You can view it that way but if you want but when you have people that are born just to be sick and die after living a few painful years, it's hard to believe he even exists. And even if he does exist, he's unarguably unfair. No question about it.

KougeruNov 27, 2017 12:51 AM
Nov 27, 2017 12:51 AM

Oct 2010
ridley388 said:
ZBlastHistory said:
So both world don't share same time well thats how it should be.

But then again there is a MALE (non guest) to get close to anyone from Inn i don't expect that

Remember that a dog ages faster.
11/10 episode. The end caught me off guard.
Guide dogs spend one year with a "socializing" family before getting back to training so they can get used to being with people. In the end all the other kids were guide dogs too.

Yes, however the daughter is in school during her scene/when she wakes up, when in the end it's revealed she's long since moved out and even published a book. So time is definitely out of sync. A few days, weeks, or months passed in Konohanatei while years apparently passed in the real world.

------------ END REPLY

For me, it was pretty obvious he was a dog due to the situation and his character design but the way it tied all three characters together was still unexpected. Absolutely fantastic episode. This whole anime is severely underrated because people just look at the art and assume it's generic moe.

Nov 27, 2017 12:57 AM

Oct 2010
LeeTailor said:
And despite most of the episode focusing on guests, we still got a tiny bit of yuri in the moment where Satsuki noticed Yuzu's frustration, and the very light subtext between Matsumoto and her classmate. I'm very pleased with this episode. Now if only we could get more Satsuki × Yuzu...

Yeah...no. I mean, there's "Yuri" in the anime, yeah, but that specific scene? No lol. That's a thing any close friend would pick up on after a awhile, romantic affection or not. Honestly don't even think Yuzu has those kind of feelings in her at all. Too pure
Nov 27, 2017 1:25 AM

Jun 2013
Kougeru said:
Yeah...no. I mean, there's "Yuri" in the anime, yeah, but that specific scene? No lol. That's a thing any close friend would pick up on after a awhile, romantic affection or not. Honestly don't even think Yuzu has those kind of feelings in her at all. Too pure

That's a very good point. That said...

You can't tell me what to doooo
LeeTailorNov 27, 2017 1:31 AM
Nov 27, 2017 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Kougeru said:
LeeTailor said:
And despite most of the episode focusing on guests, we still got a tiny bit of yuri in the moment where Satsuki noticed Yuzu's frustration, and the very light subtext between Matsumoto and her classmate. I'm very pleased with this episode. Now if only we could get more Satsuki × Yuzu...

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHgQ_Hjzs8Y
After Yuzu said "So soft" I don't think she is as pure as she seemed to be.
Nov 27, 2017 9:16 AM

Apr 2012
TBH I was confused as hell during the whole time but this ending explained everything and now I can say that this was not just a good but a brilliant episode. The fact that Kaito was actually a dog totally caught me off guard. So heartwarming and fantastic episode, I loved it. ^^
Nov 27, 2017 12:29 PM

Nov 2016
This episode was simply beautiful, never would have guessed that,when I saw how the episode started,but damn, didn't sign up for the feels trip :'(
FMmatronNov 27, 2017 12:32 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2017 12:36 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting episode.

Tho, I am quite confused on some parts.

The 3 stories are connected.

However... I think they either have a "time skip" or "real world time moves faster"

As we can see the Girl in beginning turns out to be a Story Book author (which is a lot later as she was still a student when she visited)

Then the Dog, who we thought was a human kid at first, is in his Dog Teen years. (this means not just Humans can visit, but also animals in human form)

And last we got the father, who's age turns out to be the same of when he visit and in the real world.

___ ___ ___

The Girl and Dog both got a time skip, with the Girl being a lot longer. (since Dogs grows up to be adult dog a lot faster than Humans grow up)

While the Father didn't really get a time skip, he was just in a coma but his facial apparently stayed the same, which means he wasn't in a coma for that long.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 27, 2017 2:09 PM
Feb 2012
I was in tears most of this episode. Incredibly beautiful and touching.
Nov 27, 2017 8:57 PM

Dec 2009
Holy shit this show is absolute genius. I've basically cried twice already during this season, and both were in this anime . . . These stories are just so touching oh my god.
GenesisAriaNov 27, 2017 9:00 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 28, 2017 7:58 AM

May 2017
That was a complete and utter fucking Mind fuckery
Nov 28, 2017 5:52 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So Konohanatei is.....a located in dream world? Or the world between life and death? Wow.

....and that dog was surely a twist.

First CGDCT which played with my mind while still being beautiful and cute, props.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2017

59 by MesterRetek01 »»
Dec 23, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

124 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jul 4, 2023 4:15 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2017

86 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 21, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2017

63 by jieanteater »»
Mar 31, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2017

57 by HanamiDango »»
Dec 15, 2022 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.