Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 22, 2017 9:50 PM

May 2015
Etsuya is an irritating person who you just want to smack in the face.
Dec 30, 2017 10:27 AM

Feb 2014
'Well... I'm finding all this new director's arc a little bit too stupid.. I mean, buying the judges and etc etc... also, clearly doing that... they didn't even manage to hide it... not that Shokugeki was a serious anime to start off... but this really overcame the limit of until where you can play with the "stupidness" so it won't become a disappointment. Personally, a little disappointed with all of this =/

TechOtakuDec 30, 2017 10:34 AM
Jan 1, 2018 10:11 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't think such a straight forward strategy would work, but it did.
Jan 25, 2018 8:18 AM

Sep 2014
The outcome of this shokugeki was obvious but the execution and moments leading up to the result made this episode amazing for me. Eizan's cooking seemed pretty unbeatable, and I'm not gonna lie I was salivating at the chicken and completely marvelled by his actual ability to cook (I was very sceptical regarding his position in the Elite 10 before this - doesn't mean Souma shouldn't beat him out of that seat though)

But in the end, Souma and the Polar Star Dorm won and I'm so so happy. Souma's dish looked beautiful and he was so badass when he pressed on Eizan's pride, I was following that whole exchange unable to blink tbh the hype was real. The hype still is real, I just love this show and what this season has been like so far.
Feb 1, 2018 3:27 AM

Sep 2012

Vi- said:
'Well... I'm finding all this new director's arc a little bit too stupid.. I mean, buying the judges and etc etc... also, clearly doing that... they didn't even manage to hide it... not that Shokugeki was a serious anime to start off... but this really overcame the limit of until where you can play with the "stupidness" so it won't become a disappointment. Personally, a little disappointed with all of this =/

seems author doesn't care about logic, author cares only about anime logic :D

about them not hiding it, in real life board of education would kick the new director out after seeing that broadcast (also they would probably expel all who voted for this guy on their free will), they have higher authority

Eizan is so forgettable char, i forgot about him until i so him again in this season, but even then at first i was like who is this guy, is he a new guy :D

PurpleGirl203 said:

Yeah I was thinking why the heck Eizan is part of Elite Ten if he doesn't cook?? >_> I mean, he never took action seriously untill Souma's provoked him for being a coward. Now I know Eizan have potential and a reason to be choosen as part of Elite Ten.
Eizan is loss for words after tasting Souma's masterpiece of being a true chef. How do you like that Eizan? Is it that hard to admit Souma's better cook than you? XD
... he can make some weird faces, that Eizan-senpai o.o"

Can't wait for the next episode *-*

i lol'ed at that part & harder when they showed Rindou laughing at it

Curian said:

Also love how Rindou doesn't seem like an enemy at all. Just like some cute girl who wants to eat yummy food and get some entertainment. :D
Mentar said:
Curian said:
Also love how Rindou doesn't seem like an enemy at all. Just like some cute girl who wants to eat yummy food and get some entertainment. :D

Rindou is no "enemy". An enemy harbors hostile intentions towards you, and Rindou does no such thing towards the rebels. She's an opponent, yes, but no enemy.

And besides, she's fair. In addition to hot and fun. What's not to love?

she is a traitor & that makes her their enemy (Souma's & others in the school who are against that tyranny), she voted for that guy on her free will, only one who didn't was Erina & one more who in the same dorm with them, rest are enemy's & they need divine punishment for that betrayal, they need to get expelled once this is over :)

if i would be part of their dorm i would see the8 of Elite10 as enemy, & i wouldn't talk to them as nicely as Souma

it irritates me that Souma acts so nice with Rindou & some other from Elite10, Rindou is also traitor, if i would be him i would say some day old director comes back & u all get expelled unless u change sides new & i will make it happen trough Sokugeki

Rindou voted against the director on her free will so she is also traitor, all who vote from their free will are traitors & need divine punishment like tho other 7

unless Rindou is double agent working for real director she is enemy, i mean she is enemy if shes not double agent working for the real director, old guy

until they support Erina's father they are enemies

enemy is also some1 who sides with some1 who has hostile intentions towards ur ppl close to u, in this case Erinan's father

also there are different times of enemies even the types that don't have hostile intentions towards u, types that want to destroy ur home the one that want to destroy ur friends & so on & on, there are meany types of enemies not just one type

i don't hate Rindou but she deserves divine punishment like the others, that's how i see it
Sugram22Feb 1, 2018 6:01 AM
Feb 11, 2018 12:09 PM

Aug 2014
There is a big mistake in the animation. When Eizan took a bite of the chicken from Souma dish there is no change in animation of the frying pan with full 3 legs inside. Then Souma takes the pan to judges and it is still shown in front of Eizan later. So how the hell it duplicated? Have Souma developed some cloning tech?
Not to mention that whole episode was the easiest way to return from this stupid plot twist... the power of food and smell won over money, geez.... and what pains me the most is that Rindou didn't do as much as I was hoping she will.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 28, 2018 8:23 PM

Mar 2015
Ohh SHIT this was the best episode yet!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 23, 2018 5:30 PM

Nov 2017
That episode was totally awesome! OMG, Soma-kun, you are the best! You kicked Eizan's ass just like that, you really are amazing.
tombraiderka009Mar 23, 2018 5:35 PM
Apr 8, 2018 7:28 PM

Jul 2009
Well, I think I can say for certain now that I'm losing interest in this series. I couldn't muster up any enthusiasm at all for this cooking battle and was rolling my eyes super hard at this. Personally Rindo felt kind of out of place with her random comments, and those reaction faces ... yikes >_< Eizan's backstory was probably the most interesting part of this episode, and I just couldn't help noticing how many shots were just still frames ... like almost all of them D: Erina becoming friendlier was nice to see though, but yeah, maybe there's no more need for me to watch the follow up season after this :P
Sep 27, 2018 1:24 PM

Sep 2018
Loved the episode but it feels like this whole season is barreling along so fast.
Jun 4, 2019 3:43 AM

Feb 2013
Eizan's face was glorious!
Jul 9, 2019 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
So as I assumed his dish is just too good, even for paid judges. Well I guess there are more things in this show which make less sense than that. He really should get a seat in the elite ten now though after defeating Eizan even if he didn't bet his seat in this match. On the other side since apparently the elite ten can rig every match however they see fit from here on anyway, cooking battles aren't worth anything anyway... I don't like the direction the story is taking, not one bit.

Oh and Rindou is still a stupid bitch, as well as the other 5 members of the elite ten who voted for the new director.
Sep 7, 2019 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
I think this episode doesn’t make much sense. The judges were bought, why on Earth would they vote for Souma? They made it clear in the staged match that they didn’t care about fairness or food, otherwise they would’ve at least tasted the expelled guy’s dish; Souma might have forced them into tasting, but don’t tell me he’s such a mighty culinary god to hypnotize them into change of heart (unless the ‘secret ingredient’ wasn’t solely about tomatoes). As much as I tend to overlook plot armor, this was just disappointing. Souma should’ve lost and initiated a rebellion instead, making the entire student body leave the school. A school without pupils isn’t much of a school anymore, and the whole system would fall apart. Easy peasy, ne?
removed-userSep 7, 2019 9:56 AM
Jan 9, 2020 9:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
GREAT EPISODE ! Souma was so awesome, every friends of Souma were awesome, Erina was awesome ! So good
Mar 8, 2020 10:46 PM

Aug 2017
Eizan faces in this episode were really funny but the logic of this arc does not exist. Azami just could expelled Souma and his friends and everything would be fixed.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2020 11:31 AM
Oct 2019
HOW YOU LIKE MY KETCHUP NOW?!

Finally back in the kitchen. Moar.
Jun 10, 2020 2:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, Soma managed to overpower his way through with cooking after all. Sounds like him, alright.

Still can't grasp why 6 of the Elite members agreed to this change but I'm guessing we're slowly going to see that unravel now.

Buildup was fantastic this episode but I feel like the pacing is slowly starting to have an adverse effect now...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 29, 2020 10:49 AM
Jun 2020
This episode was, for sure, one of the best. The facial expressions were priceless, lol.
Jun 29, 2020 10:53 AM
Jun 2020
pometlo said:
I think this episode doesn’t make much sense. The judges were bought, why on Earth would they vote for Souma? They made it clear in the staged match that they didn’t care about fairness or food, otherwise they would’ve at least tasted the expelled guy’s dish; Souma might have forced them into tasting, but don’t tell me he’s such a mighty culinary god to hypnotize them into change of heart (unless the ‘secret ingredient’ wasn’t solely about tomatoes). As much as I tend to overlook plot armor, this was just disappointing. Souma should’ve lost and initiated a rebellion instead, making the entire student body leave the school. A school without pupils isn’t much of a school anymore, and the whole system would fall apart. Easy peasy, ne?

I think this shows how profound Souma's cooking skills are. Not only he accomplished to impress number 9 of the 10, but he also made judges so satisfied that they could not vote against him.
Jul 4, 2020 12:38 PM
Feb 2020
Everything about this episode is amazing. The facial expressions, everything! Really enjoying this season so far.
Oct 7, 2020 8:59 AM

May 2016
Since everyone back at Polar Star was able to fend for themselves just fine, it looks like I was worried over nothing after all and that's fine with me~ Seeing that the savoury goodness of Souma's cooking was able to trump over bought judges and the cooking of one of the Elite Ten was incredibly satisfying too!

Eizan better face a punishment over his failure and the dastardly means he took to let the students of Totsuki know their place.

Oct 8, 2020 3:59 PM

Mar 2010
I guess its plausible for him to win after everyone in the dorm put their heads together to create a masterpiece. Else If Yukihira did it alone he would have lost.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 7, 2021 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
Ryoko oppai.
Gyoza.
Dat hose.
The Alchemist.
Holy crap! Soma's shirt ripped.
Shh!
Oagari yo! Eizan!
LMAO at Eizan's face.
Dem orgasms.
Erina.
Dat explosion orgasm.
Soma wins 3-0.
Osomatsu!
Dat ending.
Dat declaration!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 17, 2021 11:00 PM

Mar 2014
Heh... in a battle of chicken dishes, he gets them to take him seriously by calling the guy.... a chicken lmao
Jul 12, 2021 7:40 PM

Jul 2017
Still find the Central stuff to be done, but that was a great episode. Felt so satisfying too see Eizan get his fucking ass kicked even after bribing everyone, and his facial reactions were gold. All the budget for the remainder of the show was used on these reactions it felt like. Sure it's shounentard stuff, but its entertaining and satisfying to watch so I'm all in for this match at least.
Aug 7, 2021 12:24 AM
Aug 2021
Good episode, predictable ending
Oct 20, 2021 11:40 AM

Sep 2015
Soma has been cooking 3 Chicken Gyozas only and yet hes able to spare 5? crazy, and where did the second pan come from? The anime is inconsistent

Anyway, Rindou is best girl
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 9, 2022 4:28 AM
Apr 2009
I absolutely love Ezian's facial expressions throughout the episode. Hilarious!
Feb 19, 2023 12:12 PM
Mar 2021
Man, I wanna try that Chicken.
May 22, 2023 12:41 PM

Jan 2021
Soma do be making people angi.
Jul 15, 2023 9:16 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Feb 25, 6:32 AM
Jan 2016
Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice Nice
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.