What is you expectation for Gintama SS?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 14, 2017 6:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
Yes, I messed up there lol
Random, but where would you rank Episode 332 at?(Final episode of Homeless arc)
Probably a B, since it has one really good moment, and the rest was pretty basic.
Dec 14, 2017 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
Random, but where would you rank Episode 332 at?(Final episode of Homeless arc)
Probably a B, since it has one really good moment, and the rest was pretty basic.
B+ maybe?(since I would put 295 at a B, and I think 332 had a better edge with it's polish and how it animated the small fights, and the directing had more to it)
Sup...
Dec 17, 2017 9:09 AM

Feb 2016
How many chapters left for the manga

Does that mean SS will be more the 24 episodes ???

Can really gintama bring a FS arc quality with so many episodes !!!

FS and SA really raised the par so high for SS

so worried about the budget if any one can assure me i'll be thankful

Such a magnificent anime deserve the best ending ever

I want SS to be the highest rated anime in mal I know it's so damn hard though....
Dec 17, 2017 11:10 AM

Jul 2015
Kja95 said:

I want SS to be the highest rated anime in mal I know it's so damn hard though....
It needs to have 25 Episodes to have proper pacing imo
Sup...
Dec 17, 2017 11:41 AM

Feb 2016
SenpaiJay98 said:
Kja95 said:

And the animation quality if it's 25 ???

So worried about the budget it's the last gintama season which deserve to be #1 in mal
Dec 17, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2015
Kja95 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

So worried about the budget it's the last gintama season which deserve to be #1 in mal
Depends, because they can Chill on the animation for Episode 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, I wonder if they'll take the SA, FA, or RDB route for animation, SA had higher highs...but lower lows, FS had the best lows but lowest highs, RDB was just in the middle
Sup...
Dec 17, 2017 11:55 AM

Feb 2016
SenpaiJay98 said:
Kja95 said:

Depends, because they can Chill on the animation for Episode 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, I wonder if they'll take the SA, FA, or RDB route for animation, SA had higher highs...but lower lows, FS had the best lows but lowest highs, RDB was just in the middle

I think what's make the anime stands out is either SA or FS route
If you want my opinion I prefer the higher high more because the most important moments are what'll stick out in your memories in the end and what'll affect your final rate the most....

Also after watching slip arc today I don't mind if the same bands do the opening and ending songs because they were good and I liked them , not the top but I liked them
Dec 17, 2017 12:04 PM
Dec 2017
Finally it gonna ends
Dec 17, 2017 12:12 PM

Jul 2015
Kja95 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

If you want my opinion I prefer the higher high more because the most important moments are what'll stick out in your memories in the end and what'll affect your final rate the most....

Also after watching slip arc today I don't mind if the same bands do the opening and ending songs because they were good and I liked them , not the top but I liked them
only problem with SA is that it had to sacfrice Episodes 303 and 306 to achieve the quality with Episodes 301, 304, 305
Sup...
Dec 17, 2017 12:34 PM

Feb 2016
SenpaiJay98 said:
Kja95 said:

only problem with SA is that it had to sacfrice Episodes 303 and 306 to achieve the quality with Episodes 301, 304, 305

and that's why I overall prefer FS arc more because it was more solid
But still want SA arc route for ss cause I told you it'll make the arc stand out more

Do you know how many chapters left in the manga

being still going so far, I doubt 25 episodes will be enough....
Dec 17, 2017 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
Kja95 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

But still want SA arc route for ss cause I told you it'll make the arc stand out more

SS will most likely be 79-82 chapters when it's finished, and Rakuyou was 12 Episodes in 44 chapters, while FS and SA was 17 Episodes in 51 chapters
Sup...
Dec 17, 2017 2:28 PM

Feb 2016
SenpaiJay98 said:
Kja95 said:

SS will most likely be 79-82 chapters when it's finished, and Rakuyou was 12 Episodes in 44 chapters, while FS and SA was 17 Episodes in 51 chapters

So wasn't it better to wait till summer and save budget ???

Why did they want to rush things and start the SS so early when they already have one season right now ??
Dec 17, 2017 2:41 PM

Jul 2015
Kja95 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

So wasn't it better to wait till summer and save budget ???

Why did they want to rush things and start the SS so early when they already have one season right now ??
Production Committees, they choose the timeslot andbairdates for the anime
Sup...
Dec 17, 2017 2:50 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i hope a new miracle!! kekeke
Dec 17, 2017 5:25 PM

Nov 2015
I;m not ready too ,,, I wish if they air it at least 1 season later , I'm a bit disappointed that will end , it's a perfect anime , many perfect characters , yet I don't feel like it showed soemthing climaxing ? I mean the anime opened many ways for like at least another 300 Episodes , they can do it ... the anime has many unique characters and they can add more and more stories , ending it like that at this point after making us stuck to it this way is not fair , I hope being the final arc is just a bluff
Dec 18, 2017 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
Nou-Tan said:
I;m not ready too ,,, I wish if they air it at least 1 season later , I'm a bit disappointed that will end , it's a perfect anime , many perfect characters , yet I don't feel like it showed soemthing climaxing ? I mean the anime opened many ways for like at least another 300 Episodes , they can do it ... the anime has many unique characters and they can add more and more stories , ending it like that at this point after making us stuck to it this way is not fair , I hope being the final arc is just a bluff
Not sure how you can say it doesnt feel like its something climaxing when its spent the past 3 years of the manga in a long climax thats wrapping up plot points left and right and even killing characters and changing status quos making it impossible to return to comedy.

I dont think its even possible to continue past where the series is at, after utsuro theres really nothing else that can be done with this series and anything else would be overstaying its welcome. The most one could hope for is maybe a sequel spin off like boruto but we really dont need that especially with how poor the quality of those tend to be.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 18, 2017 8:04 PM

Jul 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Nou-Tan said:
Not sure how you can say it doesnt feel like its something climaxing when its spent the past 3 years of the manga in a long climax thats wrapping up plot points left and right and even killing characters and changing status quos making it impossible to return to comedy.

I dont think its even possible to continue past where the series is at, after utsuro theres really nothing else that can be done with this series and anything else would be overstaying its welcome. The most one could hope for is maybe a sequel spin off like boruto but we really dont need that especially with how poor the quality of those tend to be.
The mangaka also said he wants to do a new manga in one of his Q & A's
Sup...
Dec 18, 2017 8:13 PM

Sep 2011
SenpaiJay98 said:
JizzyHitler said:

didnt he say he was going to take a big break first cause the series was taxing to do?

My only worry with a new series is its at the mercy of jump rankings/sales, and theres no telling that the next series will actually carry over the success cause its sure as hell not keeping stuff like that fujo money thats honestly kept the series pretty up profit wise. Its shitty but being good doesnt really translate to success in jump

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 20, 2017 10:52 PM

Feb 2016
JizzyHitler said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
didnt he say he was going to take a big break first cause the series was taxing to do?

My only worry with a new series is its at the mercy of jump rankings/sales, and theres no telling that the next series will actually carry over the success cause its sure as hell not keeping stuff like that fujo money thats honestly kept the series pretty up profit wise. Its shitty but being good doesnt really translate to success in jump

What's this fujo money
Dec 22, 2017 11:59 AM
Apr 2016
It will be so sad to see my favorite series of all time end. But I'm sure it will be amazing.
Dec 22, 2017 9:19 PM

Jul 2017
LOL already there a couple of 1s from the Fairy Tards because their final arc ran the same as Gintama final arc.

So yeah it gonna be sad that after Gintama ended only Luffy will be alone sailing the Shonen Jump
Dec 22, 2017 9:22 PM

Mar 2014
I don't want Gintama to end! Can anyone who is reading the manga tell me if it looks like its nearing its end? Like how many chapters approx. are left, like 10, 30 or even more? Have any integral characters died (don't tell me who!) so that it can never go back to simply being comedy?
Dec 23, 2017 2:47 AM

Jun 2015
I hope it will be better than this current season. Porori-hen is the worst Gintama season ever :/

Dec 23, 2017 5:41 AM

Sep 2017
SpikeCB said:
I don't want Gintama to end! Can anyone who is reading the manga tell me if it looks like its nearing its end? Like how many chapters approx. are left, like 10, 30 or even more? Have any integral characters died (don't tell me who!) so that it can never go back to simply being comedy?

Isn't it better to start watching without any clue of what will happen? Wouldn't that keep you at the edge of your seat?
Those death in s.a and f.s really surprised me, i want the same for the final arc..
There will be around 24 eps of anime. Apparently manga has around 20 to 30 chapters to go.
Dec 23, 2017 6:54 AM

May 2017
DatRandomDude said:
Its the grande finale so of course my expectations are very high, even tho i try my best to not be hyped af to in case of a surprise disappointement.
naah that won't happen not once has it happend that gintama has disappointed it's fan ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2017 8:32 PM

Jul 2017
SpikeCB said:
I dont want to spoil for you as it will ruined the experience . Like the SA & FS arc the non-manga reader were at their edge of their seat with all the death and the debut of the final boss but for manga reader like me I couldnt bring myself to watch the exact episode that Shogun die as I already know he gonna die.

But if you want to know here the list :

- Shisengumi return with Yamazaki become Rambo
- Everyone from the past arc gang up together to save the Earth
- Prince Hata ( remember him or known as Prince Baka) get a backstory
- 5 UNCONFIRM DEATHS
- 3 CONFIRM DEATHS
- 1 "Fairy Tail Styles" DEATH
- The Final Battle

Saiko-sensei said:
I hope it will be better than this current season. Porori-hen is the worst Gintama season ever :/
You said it . Imagine if this was inserted in the Gintama 2015 season with was it supposed to be but the studio forget about it. We would have see it rank No1

Ginsukesan said:
It will be so sad to see my favorite series of all time end. But I'm sure it will be amazing.
Good thing must come to and end . At least it not gonna turn into some money cash grab like Boruto. But let hope the mangaka next works it gonna be epic
Dec 23, 2017 9:35 PM

Mar 2014
Shiroyasha_97 said:
Good thing must come to and end . At least it not gonna turn into some money cash grab like Boruto. But let hope the mangaka next works it gonna be epic

Yeah, I should actually be thankful that Gintama is actually ending unlike Hunter X Hunter and Berserk. I gave up on them knowing a conclusion was perhaps many decades away. In that sense, I am really fortunate.
Dec 24, 2017 5:44 AM

Apr 2017
Mine is low....mostly because how things just went after FS arc.
Dec 24, 2017 6:15 AM

Apr 2010
VampireLine said:
I'm not falling for this again! xD This is probably not going to be the end either.. lol
it is maybe really the end. people grow old anyway. i think it is already amazing that gintama reached this point.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamyukito.animehardcorequiz
Yuki Nagato - Kana Hanazawa - Kamiya Hiroshi - Hiroyuki Sawano - Kajiura Yuki - Kyoto Animation - SHAFT - ufotable
Dec 26, 2017 7:44 AM

Jan 2016
This arc is gonna be a motherlode of gags and actions, especially actions, so I don't want to put a very high expectation on it because I still wanna enjoy the show even if they go with the RDB route. What happened with RDB was understandable tho, they rushed it to bring back the shinsengumi asap because that's where the money is, so there's no reason for them to rush SS. Story wise i'd put SS above FS, and I do think RDB has more memorable moments than FS. Even if they go with SA standard for the adaptation, I still think the arc as a whole is weaker than SA and RDB.

After all these years I can't imagine what my life would be like without the weekly manga update and daily gintama trashtalking in the fandom when Gintama ended. But the shows has been around for so long, and as much as it pains me to accept it, I think it's high time we say goodbye.

Dec 28, 2017 5:02 AM

Apr 2009
I predict this to have a 25 episodes.
But I want more than that for the pacing tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2017 8:05 AM

Sep 2017
what does "shirogane" mean and how is it different from "Gin"?
Dec 29, 2017 8:06 AM
Oct 2017
My expecations is that it will finally ends,and gintama will finally stopping flooding the top 10.
Dec 29, 2017 8:47 AM

Jul 2015
peddochann said:
My expecations is that it will finally ends,and gintama will finally stopping flooding the top 10.
inb4 a Prequel movie and the Ginpachi-Senseni Light Novels get animated...
Sup...
Dec 29, 2017 8:50 AM
Oct 2017
what heck there is a gintama light novel?I give up
Dec 29, 2017 8:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It will be a great surprise!!
Jan 3, 2018 7:11 AM

Jun 2009
very much looking forward to the last Arc, I know nothing about it since I do not read anything about Manga but it should be very pleasant from what I hear. Very excited with high expectations.
Jan 6, 2018 12:03 AM

Jun 2016
Guys, let's make this final season getting the top spot because I'm starting to get tired whenever I see like 5 Gintama titles in the top 10 without one of them being the highest ranked.
Jan 6, 2018 6:08 AM

Jun 2009
Edocchi said:
Guys, let's make this final season getting the top spot because I'm starting to get tired whenever I see like 5 Gintama titles in the top 10 without one of them being the highest ranked.
It really does not matter what anything is ranked don't get to stuck on the number i say.
Jan 7, 2018 1:48 AM
Sep 2011
I'm also trying to keep my expectations in check.
I know it had to end sometime but it's going to be bitter sweet. I don't want it to run so long that it goes stale. on the other hand I would love for it to go on forever.
Silver_VixenJan 7, 2018 1:52 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Jan 7, 2018 2:37 AM

Apr 2016
I'm fucking hyped with this Final Arc and also really really sad, but oh well everything must come to an end, i just hope they won't rush it..... and Fujita go back directing Gintama!!!!!
Jan 7, 2018 2:54 AM

Jun 2016
louise_sama said:
I'm fucking hyped with this Final Arc and also really really sad, but oh well everything must come to an end, i just hope they won't rush it..... and Fujita go back directing Gintama!!!!!

Yeah I hope. I do really really hope he'd go back to direct this last season. Gintama is not the same without him, I feel like something is missing. Everything just went down after he left. But he's working on Osomatsu-san atm isn't he?
Jan 7, 2018 3:44 AM

Sep 2017
9.43?! this is will come crashing down :))) (sadly along with other seasons, gintama 2015 was rated 9.22 or 3 before porori hen started airing)
get your screen shots people
(if some one has a screen shot of higher rating please share :))
SalamakJan 7, 2018 3:49 AM
Jan 7, 2018 3:46 AM
Jan 2017
VanishingKira said:
Shocked there isnt already a thread complaining about it already being #1 like the tradition seems to be.

Must be the FMAB shit taste boys. FMAB has so many plot holes, recycled plot, unfunny chibi comedy and contradictions its laughable that FMAB is even in the top 50 list lel ;).
Jan 7, 2018 3:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Salamak said:
9.43?! this is will come crashing down :)))
The 2011 Gintama season had 9.51 after its first ep which is still the MAL record afaik

Dunno if I have any screenshots of that at hand but I've seen them before
Jan 7, 2018 3:48 AM

May 2013
VanishingKira said:
Shocked there isnt already a thread complaining about it already being #1 like the tradition seems to be.

Oh, just wait. Gotta brace for the final major shitstorm on Gintama discussion threads.
Not changing this signature until P.A. Works announces 2nd season of Shirobako.
Jan 7, 2018 3:53 AM

Sep 2017
HaXXspetten said:
Salamak said:
9.43?! this is will come crashing down :)))
The 2011 Gintama season had 9.51 after its first ep which is still the MAL record afaik

Dunno if I have any screenshots of that at hand but I've seen them before

i guess people were dying from lack of gintama :))
but 1st episode of 2011 was fucking hilarious; i was crying from laughter when i first watched it..
i think i got here late, this season didn't get to 9.50?
etudeofthesun said:
VanishingKira said:

Must be the FMAB shit taste boys. FMAB has so many plot holes, recycled plot, unfunny chibi comedy and contradictions its laughable that FMAB is even in the top 50 list lel ;).

FMAB actually is a decent show, didn't like the ending tho. but in general it was good..
SalamakJan 7, 2018 3:59 AM
Jan 7, 2018 4:09 AM
Jan 2017
Salamak said:

FMAB actually is a decent show, didn't like the ending tho. but in general it was good..

FMAB is a good show I rated it 8/10. Never said it was bad but the writing and the plot has alot of flaws (The flaws is not only the ending its more than meets the eye) that's why I don't think it deserves top 50 to be honest actually. That day a FMAB fanboy challenged me to prove FMAB's flaws so I thought EZ... I wrote this lol.

1. FMAB uses the same recycled plot every time (Good guys on the verge of defeat then the homonculus says we need you for the sacrifice ritual because of that we can't kill you yet every single time LOL). We always know that recycled plot will be reused. Very predictable...

2. OST lacks impactful background music during important moments. Worst of all the use chibi comedy as comedy relieve during those moments. Really?? (But at least FMAB's openings and Endings are good.

3. Alphonse Elric's dramatic sacrifice to save Ed and Roy dramatically losing his eyesight (Roy's sacrifice is pretty lame using philosopher stone like dragon balls to recover his eye sight). Even though many lives were scarified to create a philosopher stone clearly its used a convenient plot point instead of an actual equivalent exchange. Ed didn't use the philosopher stone, he thought it was morally incorrect but Roy used it anyway so Wtf lel. (Its like they are trying to justify its bad but its ok since for plot reasons it will bring back Roy's eyesight). Much contradiction.

4. The was never a sense of danger for the good guys. The main cast all lived/revived (What tragedy are you talking about?). Maes Hughes, Nina, lives sacrificed for the philosopher stone? Pfft....(I will address this later).
I am not talking about any tragedy, Steins;Gate fans tend to do it despite this applying to it as well.

5. Chibi comedy to relieve tension really spoils the epicness during serious moments (Added to this, they are lame and unfunny).

6. So in the end Edward smooth talked about not needing alchemy all he needs are his friends (cliche... fairy tail) (apparently that was the correct answer the Truth was seeking). By sacrificing his alchemy abilities, it defeated the GOD aka the Truth! (never seen a GOD defeated so lamely!). Then Al gets his body back.. (Equivalent exchange nah.. thats just a cliche and convenient plot).

7.They made Roy losing his eye sights such a big deal and a dramatic moment but in the end he used the philosopher stone like dragon balls and go his eye sight back (PS: They go to great lengths talking about how bad the philosopher stones are since many innocent lives are sacrificed for it but in the end Roy still used it like dragon balls YEAHHH PLOTTT GOOD PLOT LOL).

8. Regarding Roy Mustang, (Earlier on the Truth said what you willingly give you won't be able to receive it back). Roy's case is different from Ed and if what Truth said is correct, Roy should never have been able to retrieve his eye sight even with the stone).

9. All major characters live happily ever after at the end of the show pretty cliche....
etudeofthesunJan 7, 2018 4:14 AM
Jan 7, 2018 4:21 AM

Sep 2017
etudeofthesun said:
Salamak said:

FMAB is a good show I rated it 8/10. Never said it was bad but the writing and the plot has alot of flaws (The flaws is not only the ending its more than meets the eye) that's why I don't think it deserves top 50 to be honest actually. That day a FMAB fanboy challenged me to prove FMAB's flaws so I thought EZ... I wrote this lol.

1. FMAB uses the same recycled plot every time (Good guys on the verge of defeat then the homonculus says we need you for the sacrifice ritual because of that we can't kill you yet every single time LOL). We always know that recycled plot will be reused. Very predictable...

2. OST lacks impactful background music during important moments. Worst of all the use chibi comedy as comedy relieve during those moments. Really?? (But at least FMAB's openings and Endings are good.

3. Alphonse Elric's dramatic sacrifice to save Ed and Roy dramatically losing his eyesight (Roy's sacrifice is pretty lame using philosopher stone like dragon balls to recover his eye sight). Even though many lives were scarified to create a philosopher stone clearly its used a convenient plot point instead of an actual equivalent exchange. Ed didn't use the philosopher stone, he thought it was morally incorrect but Roy used it anyway so Wtf lel. (Its like they are trying to justify its bad but its ok since for plot reasons it will bring back Roy's eyesight). Much contradiction.

4. The was never a sense of danger for the good guys. The main cast all lived/revived (What tragedy are you talking about?). Maes Hughes, Nina, lives sacrificed for the philosopher stone? Pfft....(I will address this later).
I am not talking about any tragedy, Steins;Gate fans tend to do it despite this applying to it as well.

5. Chibi comedy to relieve tension really spoils the epicness during serious moments (Added to this, they are lame and unfunny).

6. So in the end Edward smooth talked about not needing alchemy all he needs are his friends (cliche... fairy tail) (apparently that was the correct answer the Truth was seeking). By sacrificing his alchemy abilities, it defeated the GOD aka the Truth! (never seen a GOD defeated so lamely!). Then Al gets his body back.. (Equivalent exchange nah.. thats just a cliche and convenient plot).

7.They made Roy losing his eye sights such a big deal and a dramatic moment but in the end he used the philosopher stone like dragon balls and go his eye sight back (PS: They go to great lengths talking about how bad the philosopher stones are since many innocent lives are sacrificed for it but in the end Roy still used it like dragon balls YEAHHH PLOTTT GOOD PLOT LOL).

8. Regarding Roy Mustang, (Earlier on the Truth said what you willingly give you won't be able to receive it back). Roy's case is different from Ed and if what Truth said is correct, Roy should never have been able to retrieve his eye sight even with the stone).

9. All major characters live happily ever after at the end of the show pretty cliche....

i actually rated it 7
number 9 happens with a lot of shows i guess...

can you do gintama?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 25, 2018

140 by PrimeX »»
Nov 28, 2023 4:11 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 18, 2018

78 by PrimeX »»
Nov 27, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 11, 2018

104 by PrimeX »»
Nov 27, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 4, 2018

74 by PrimeX »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:58 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 25, 2018

126 by PrimeX »»
Nov 25, 2023 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.