Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 6:30 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
that part with Brook was awesome!! I'm always happy when Brook gets a big moment, and this part was just so cool and looked great! I also really enjoyed Chopper and Carrot's scene, they are both so cute
Nov 18, 2017 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
Pedro and Brook were both badass in this episode!

Dem shocked faces at the end tho!

All hail Soul King Brook!
Nov 18, 2017 7:30 PM

Dec 2016
It was really nice and satisfying to see Brook, Chopper, and Carrot actually make progress!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 18, 2017 7:43 PM

Sep 2013
The chess pieces are decently strong but brook hardcounters them.
Chopper/carrot beat down brulee and pudding coming to talk.
Nov 18, 2017 9:58 PM

Jul 2016
SOUL KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 18, 2017 11:20 PM

Jun 2008
I don't like or trust Pudding... I can't put my finger on why, but something is off about her. She seems too perfect or something. :/

TheFreycook said:
It was really nice and satisfying to see Brook, Chopper, and Carrot actually make progress!!

Agreed!! All three are strong, but Carrot and Chopper have seemed weak and pointless the past few episodes. I am happy they all can let their strength shine a bit more!!
Nov 19, 2017 12:38 AM

Sep 2014
The MVP of this arc starts showing his true power. Soul King/10.
Also,
Nov 19, 2017 1:29 AM

Jun 2014
THIS SHOW IS ON A ROLL OH MY GOD

It's insane how great the last couple of episodes are. Everything is really coming together from art to pacing of events, and it looks like production is finally recovering from the hit it took from the last minute East Blue special.

The tag team infiltration with Brook and Pedro, the guitar ost playing over softly as Sanji picked roses, etc.

And while I know people complain about padding, I loved the additions. For example, I thought the scene in Brulee's cabin in the manga was 'just there'. We didn't really have a sense of location, but this episode really established it with an definite memorable atmosphere.

((Slight tangent, but as much as people praise One Pace, adaptions don't need to be a 1:1 to be great. Content doesn't always translate well between mediums))
Nov 19, 2017 2:13 AM

Nov 2012
Isn't Brulee Foxy's daughter or something they have the same nose and laugh, i wouldn't be surprised.
Nov 19, 2017 2:27 AM
Nov 2017
http://sockshare.io/watch/qd7wQ2dK-one-piece-jp-season-8.html
Season 8 and engsub for who dont use japanese
Nov 19, 2017 3:21 AM

Feb 2013
Brook was really cool.
Sanji proposed!
I don't know what to think now, because I want him to go back to the crew but I also like Pudding.
Nov 19, 2017 6:45 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Pedro and Brook were both awesome this episode, they are wrecking Big Mom's underlings in their own ways.

SOUL KING!!! XD
The guitar sound effects were awesome, I was hoping they'd actually make brook play something considering they even played Ode To Joy last episode but looks like they didn't go ahead with that. The appearance of the soul monster behind Brook made him look so damn cool.

Brulee got what she deserved when Carrot knocked the boiling pot over her.

Those startled faces at the end. :o
Nov 19, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2015
Meh .~. , boring ep.
Nov 19, 2017 10:30 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Brook....what could have been....
Nov 19, 2017 10:40 AM

Feb 2015
Very good episode, Pedro and Brook fighting till the end. Chopper and Carrot retaking control of the situation. And come on Pudding, that's bullshit, he did but, it was the situtation, he accepted cause he dont't have many options.
Nov 19, 2017 11:15 AM

Sep 2010
It would have been great instead of trying to sneak in Big Mom's territory, if they just invaded with all their allies from Dress Rosa. If they had the whole straw hat crew and their allies Big Mom might have even been taken down by now.
Nov 19, 2017 3:41 PM

Jul 2013
Pedro is making so much trouble for Big Moms people. Unfortunately Tamago recognised what he and Brook where about to do, so Smoothie went back. I loved Brooks big moment, he definitely is a great soul king. The problem now even if he's able to beat everyone in the treasury, how will he get out? Before the door Smoothie is waiting with some soldiers.

We also saw Chopper and Carrot finally taking back control over their situation with Brulee.

Luffy and Nami still caged in that book. I was also surprised when Pudding came in to talk to them. Luffy and Nami looked shocked at the end. I hope we will hear what Pudding told them.

Damn that preview of the next episode looked good. Can't wait for sunday.

Nov 19, 2017 11:03 PM

Oct 2017
This episode felt kinda... boring.

Last few episodes have been really good but here, the only enjoyable part were the 5 mins. of Brook and Pedro.

I just want That Brulee fight to be over. Its just not my cup of tea (or maybe it really is boring, but who am I to say that).

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Nov 20, 2017 12:37 AM
Oct 2016
Big mom is looking forward to open the explosive tresure box brought from Mermaid island in the Tea Party. When she mention that, at first I quickly jumped to the conclusion that she had already opened the box and gonna show her rage on Luffy.
Nov 20, 2017 1:19 AM

Feb 2016
Oomyung said:
It would have been great instead of trying to sneak in Big Mom's territory, if they just invaded with all their allies from Dress Rosa. If they had the whole straw hat crew and their allies Big Mom might have even been taken down by now.

That's impossible

You still don't know how terrifying big mom is...
Nov 20, 2017 2:43 AM
Jun 2015
Soul King was awesome!
Nov 20, 2017 4:02 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah Soul King is back..... BABY!
Nov 20, 2017 4:10 AM

Mar 2016
Brook'snew power looked so awesome! That soul-king-ghost might be super powerful considering the fact that Brook's devil fruit is paramecia so even haki can't hit it right?

Chopper and carrot finally commit their plan...
Nov 20, 2017 4:17 AM

Mar 2016
Brook'snew power looked so awesome! That soul-king-ghost might be super powerful considering the fact that Brook's devil fruit is paramecia so even haki can't hit it right?

Chopper and carrot finally commit their plan...
Nov 20, 2017 8:07 PM

Feb 2017
SOUL KING Nuff said.

So from the preview, Pedro vs Tamago is going to start soon. Can't wait
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 22, 2017 8:17 AM

Dec 2016
soul king's show <3
Nov 24, 2017 3:28 AM

Dec 2014
well broke totally stole the episode...you can never hate pudding can you
Nov 24, 2017 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
Soul King Brook is too badass, man!

But oh the feels, wonder what's gonna happen next?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 24, 2017 4:59 PM
Oct 2017
HE IS THE SOUL KINGGGGGGGG!!!
Dec 4, 2017 2:39 PM

May 2015
Nice infiltration scenes specially Pedros bada$$ery!
Dec 26, 2017 3:10 PM

Apr 2013
Smoothie really fucked up there, should just've let Tamago handle Pedro and everything would be fine.
Jan 17, 2018 9:33 AM

May 2010
To my HUGE surprise, pacing in this arc is SO MUCH BETTER compared to a few previous ones! It's still pretty slow, but at the very least it still keeps my attention, and even manages to make me feel some excitement about it!

Brook is one of my least favourite good characters in OP, but hey, his new power seemed pretty badass, so that's cool.
Sep 30, 2018 1:44 AM

Jan 2013
Baaaabbyy!
Also relax with those eyes Nami ... O.O
Jan 7, 2020 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
Brook went hardcore, he truly was the highlight of this episode. His new powerup sounds cool. So he can now control souls or something? Huh, would be interested to see how he would fare in front of Big Mom's powers.

Smart planning by Chopper. Things are finally progressing with Chopper and Carrot.

Every time I look at Pudding, my mind instantly goes back to the cameo appearance she made during the Fishman Island arc. I still don't trust her.
Jul 4, 2020 3:43 PM

Jun 2016
I liked the amount of strategy in this episode. I’ll start with Pedro and Brook and their plan. Of course there was a slip up from Tamago and Smoothie. The two strongest defenders left to chase one man, the Mr. Prince strategy that saved the Straw Hats all the way back in Alabasta, rather than making sure to keep one defending the poneglyphs. That said, Tamago saw the error of his ways and like the opening may imply, he and Smoothie split up. Mom’s gang made a mistake, but they are doing the next best thing. Rather than having Smoothie break down the door for power scaling purposes and showing how strong she is after Pedro couldn’t dent it, she instead waits. This is the one exit so she expects to meet Brook here and capture him then. As if Brook made progress but hit a dead end. That level of strategy and counter strategy was fun to see, and it was great to see Brook taking charge. I loved seeing him and I realized this is the time we get to properly see how much Brook leveled up. He’s taking control of souls, he’s creating a stand with his own soul, and he’s starting to look like a counter to Big Mom. Plus he’s got that incredibly badass Engrish “bayuhbee” down which I adore no matter who says it. Just let him tune his guitar!!!

The Carrot and Chopper sequence made me feel horribly dumb for my prediction that Chopper had to go monster mode to break the chains but I can accept my stupidity in that prediction, he would struggle to eat a rumble ball firstly, and he clearly can shrink rather than grow, and I can move to appreciate the complexity of the scene. The stipulations that Chopper has on his powers makes it so that when he takes charge, he can make really specific plans. He can grow and shrink, he can do many things, he can turn into a monster for a short time, and this allows him to bank on huge gambles. In this case, he scouted out the room, he pointed out all of the most dangerous enemies, and he created a surprise attack with Carrot avoiding abduction and waiting in the ceiling to start the attack. Seeing it all come together, Carrot saving the frog, Chopper shrinking to get out of the chains and eating the rumble ball swiftly, and then the boiling pot tipped over, it felt satisfying. It’s another example of how great Chopper would be as a main character in a series potentially directed at even younger audiences. A compassionate, caring, but naive lead, who will deal with issues without fighting if possible, and if he must fight, he will use problem solving like the fight was a puzzle more than nearly anyone else. It leans into engaging and wholesome content and this reignited my love for Chopper, it really did. And if you know me, Carrot always brings a smile on my face.

When Pudding entered the prison I had a horrible idea. Sanji has trained under the okama, he dressed as a beautiful woman! Imagine this, Sanji dresses as Pudding and tricks everyone, slipping into where he shouldn’t be, and reversing the situation. If it happens, you know who thought of this galaxy brain theory!
Jun 1, 2021 4:27 AM
Dec 2020
SamBlack said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
that part with Brook was awesome!! I'm always happy when Brook gets a big moment, and this part was just so cool and looked great! I also really enjoyed Chopper and Carrot's scene, they are both so cute
yes they are indeed cute
Aug 3, 2021 10:50 PM

May 2016
Man, Brook manipulating the souls of those Chess Peacemasters and using them to his advantage was epic as hell. His whole segment just served as further proof that the Revive Revive Fruit's way more useful than what its name implies.

It's about time that Chopper and Carrot fought back for real and I'll have to say that I'm enjoying their counterattack a lot. It's a relief that they actually didn't wait until the Fake Carrot's dropped into the pot since that would've been some traumatic shit right there.

Sanji's deluding himself to avoid thinking about how he's in a very shitty position. I wonder if Pudding's picked up on that, hm.

Aug 20, 2021 5:17 AM

Jun 2019
I missed Soul King so much. Glad to see him back.
Sep 4, 2021 9:55 PM

Aug 2021
The ost was so cool when Soul King attacked them
Pudding told Luffy and Nami about proposal
Feb 11, 2023 3:34 PM

Jan 2016
Sanji really is trying so hard to reset and be happy with Pudding, but that just won't happen. Pudding is plotting something, Brook is getting something, and animals+frog <3 are escaping their spot. Wish the best and hope Pudding doesn't get killed by mamamama

May 18, 2023 9:31 PM
May 2022
Sanji is cool and luffy
Aug 14, 2023 1:40 AM
Nov 2020
good anime. I recommend it to people who have a lot of time and love character development
Feb 24, 1:59 AM
Oct 2019
Damn SOUL KING!!

how long Chopper and Carrot battle gonna last? lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 20, 2009

55 by Bulbasaura »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 343 Discussion

zq - Feb 18, 2008

48 by gannoncannon55 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 342 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Harout - Feb 11, 2008

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 341 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 4, 2008

68 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 340 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jan 29, 2008

49 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.