Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 19, 2017 9:26 AM
Jan 2016
FINALLY MY BOI RUTH WAS INTRODUCED IN THIS EPISODE
His voice works so well for his character and his dog form is well done
Chise learned how to use magic and make potions Even though her potion was so powerful she still used it to defense herself and I loved that
We also knew who the real enemy is and the enemy is that white haired sorcerer Alice and Renfred are not that bad of sorcerer they are only following his orders
When Alice mentioned "chimera" I was shooked I immediately remembered fullmetal alchemist brotherhood Ahhhh I'm traumatized by this word
The spotlight of this episode was Elias's transformation and OH MY WHAT A TRANSFORMATION THAT WAS IT WAS EPIC That cliffhanger at the end was painful It's hard to wait now for the next week episode without reading the manga
In the end I had a lot of Beauty and the Beast vibes because of Elias's transformation who reminded me of the beast and Chise who is the beauty
The animation was on a whole different level, the background when Chise was reading the book was breathtaking
This series continues to maintain the quality of the first episodes and if it continues like that I will give it without a doubt 10/10
Good job Wit studio
Looking forward for next episode
Nov 19, 2017 9:33 AM

Jan 2013
Will Chise ever catch a break?! Every episode feels like a cruel joke!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Nov 19, 2017 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
PastTheRailroad said:
Chise getting stabbed so suddenly was very unexpected and I ate it up like pizza. So good! When Elias starting to change, I thought to myself, "Beauty and the Beast, duh."
The villain figure is less than ideal. I mean, I can't take him seriously when he looks like a kid and smiles too much. But ah well, I care more about Chise and Elias anyway. So glad it's only episode 7.

That is what profound villains look like. Deceiving looks, wretched smile and insane wrongdoings. The kind that does not change in prisons since there is nothing to change.

I suppose you're right. Looks are deviously deceiving. I think that's why I'm so jumpy around people. So knows who they are >.<
Nov 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Nov 2011
Great! As usual, narration can have that magical atmosphere, but if the narrative rhythm is slow, strangely the contexts make some sense, even though they can not speak of their own and true action. The rest is as good as usual, starting with the new Chise companions who are adding roadwork, and the esoteric elements that are shown step by step. I look forward to coming next week, so I look at the short and a new episode. <3
Nov 19, 2017 2:50 PM

Jul 2017
THAT ENDING WAS EPIC!!! What a cliffhanger! Elias' transformation was amazing.
Although I don't really get the significance of Elias' alternative name. Pilum Murialis. Thorn plant that grows on a wall? or something like that. It doesn't really add any additional depth to the character from my perspective since he's already known under the name of Thorn Mage. So it sounds kind of unnecessary.
Furthermore, they mentioned him being a character from a fantasy story. I wonder if the story is made up as part of the backstory or if it is an actual known story.
Nov 19, 2017 3:17 PM

Aug 2012
Damn cliffhanger! I hope Elias cuts that bastard into a million pieces.
Nov 19, 2017 4:23 PM

Jan 2010
i cant stand cliffhangers arghhhhh
this episode was great though
Nov 19, 2017 5:19 PM

Oct 2015
One of my favorite villain ever finally show up. Hype for the fight in next episode.
Nov 19, 2017 7:43 PM

May 2013
Elias' true form was rad as f*ck. I'm really anxious for the next episode!
Nov 19, 2017 7:45 PM

Jul 2015
I starting to wonder how many times Chise is gonna end up unconscious throughout the series... I WANT HER TO BE OKAY DANG IT HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME WAIT SO LONG.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 20, 2017 3:01 AM
Apr 2016
People talking about elias and or ruth's form...
here i am...
still scared as Hell by whatever creature that suddenly appears behind chise...
even after read the chapter first didnt help ><
Nov 20, 2017 3:47 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah this was even better than the manga. That masked Chimera was creepy tho.
Nov 20, 2017 5:26 AM

Dec 2015
I didn't get why the black dog guy said he was a human, not a dog.
Nov 20, 2017 6:31 AM

Jul 2016
They handle well Elias transformation. Joseph on his evil experiments again. Get ready for some feels with Ruth next week.
Nov 20, 2017 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
Very good episode, it had a nice pace and visuals were superb. The story also is getting more and more interesting. The ending was amazing, I was surprised that this happened. Best part of this episode? No doubt that Elias's transformation - I can't wait to see what he is capable of doing and what will happen in the next episode.
Nov 20, 2017 7:49 AM
Mar 2012
One of the best pacing's in 2017.
Nov 20, 2017 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
DEM THAT CLIFFHANGERS! Elias looks very pissed off. He is gonna to destroy that white hair boy's ass.
Nov 20, 2017 9:36 AM

Jan 2014
dat Elias transformation give me chill and a "you're going to be fucked" vibe.
I hope Elias kill that cocky white haired kid. he/she think can handle Elias, well, you're wrong.

damn cliffhanger I just can't wait to see next episode. I want to see that kid get rekt.

anyone who read the manga, spoil me, did that cocky kid get what she/he deserves?
Nov 20, 2017 4:55 PM

Nov 2012
Agreed with the blonde chick, no way can that thing become human lol.
Jaywalker.
Nov 20, 2017 8:19 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was by far the most informative episode in the series so far. I finally have a simple understanding of what a sleigh beggy actually is. I was waiting for this episode because I wanted to see her get her familiar. I liked him from the ova. And we finally see the evil sorcerer come out of hiding. Plus we get to see the real Thorn Mage finally reveal himself and what he is instead of the cryptic one liners of how others thought of him.
Quick question, when she calls all those over worldly creatures fairy, it is the same has fae right? Not actually a type of standard fairy right?

I can't wait for the next episode. I have a feeling that the evil sorcerer and Elias have had a run in, in the past (that's pretty obvious). I wonder if this evil person had something to do with what he mentioned as the run in with the church which is why he has to do stuff for the church. I wouldn't be surprised. This evil sorcerer seems to have very persuasive powers over others.
Nov 20, 2017 10:25 PM

Jan 2017
And so edgelords will now find this interesting

No worries, you'll still get this kind of despair in the later arcs
Which Emiya are you?
Did you f*** up? -> Emiya Kiritsugu
Are you currently f***ing up? -> Archer EMIYA
Do you still believe that you will not f*** up? -> Emiya Shirou
Nov 20, 2017 11:25 PM

Oct 2015
Pretty hyped episode, next one gonna be good. Let see how Elias hold in his beast form.
Nov 21, 2017 1:59 AM
Oct 2015
And there's another cliffhanger that entices me to start reading the manga, either way, we get to see Elias's 'monster' form or whatever.
Heckle was here...
Nov 21, 2017 2:41 AM

Dec 2013
Chise is actually learning more about magic!

Elias is scary at the end!
Nov 21, 2017 5:17 AM

May 2017
Omeganimes said:
Sangaz said:

It's a guy, he's just androgynous.
Oops xD.. didn't expected that

*trap

I was completely fooled till now
Nov 21, 2017 5:44 AM

Oct 2008
Oh no! that kid Cartaphilus is in deep shit!
Look at what he has done! looks like a monster has been unleashed from Elias!
I hope Chise is okay, looks like a very bad stab!
5/5.

Nov 21, 2017 4:57 PM

Jun 2012
I was starting to think this was turning stale... but out of nowhere shit just got real!!! Looking forward to the next ep
Nov 21, 2017 5:52 PM
Apr 2017
Wow sh*t got real, fast. I sat there for the last few mins thinking "Run forest, run!!!"
Though I've kinda wanted to see him get really angry, so next episode is going to be thrilling I'm sure!

Me at the beginning of this episode: (◕ω◕✿)

Me at the end of this episode: ⊃゜Д゜)⊃
Nov 21, 2017 9:27 PM
Jun 2017
the episode is awesome and interesting, i mean seeing elias becoming a monster at the end of the episode , you know something is gonna be great for next episode.
Nov 22, 2017 5:19 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
It's nice to see Chise finally learning magic and and applying it to certain jobs or requests. It feels like she's finally beginning to move forward with her development.

The other apprentice is cute, especially because she too has a thing for her master.

Everything else was kind of boring.

Elias's transformation was very Ghibli-esque to me, In fact, I see a lot of similarities with Ghibli in this show; animation-wise especially.
Nov 22, 2017 9:56 PM
Nov 2016
I'm so excited for the next episode! I'm sitting on the edge of my seat! I love cliffhangers! I hope the wait will be worth it!
Nov 23, 2017 1:18 AM

Dec 2014
I honestly don't get the appeal of this show, it's complete garbage. It just appeals to the people that are sexually frustrated with themselves. I'm surprised the MAL concensus decided to get this show past a 6. Like literally, can someone explain why one would even like this? If you tell me you got a animal bone fetish or something, you can fuck off right now. This show is cringy, the main heroine is so boring, the magician guy is a sexist pedophile.... you would really need to be deprived and lonely to like a show like this.
TonyicNov 23, 2017 1:22 AM
Nov 23, 2017 11:40 AM

Jul 2009
So that's Elias's true form!!! I am sure he will go mad, seems like he knows the "magical kid" already.
Also, I really liked the Black dog.
Nov 23, 2017 11:49 AM

May 2015
A doggy. :DDDD

Elias goes full thorns and furry.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 24, 2017 7:48 AM

Apr 2015
Good EP, paced well
Nov 24, 2017 9:06 AM
Mar 2016
cant wait to watch elias go beserk
Nov 24, 2017 1:30 PM
Jun 2016
Just binged watched this series...up to ep 7 today.

Am enjoying the ride...and happy this is a 24 episode anime!
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Nov 24, 2017 8:44 PM

Nov 2007
No wonder Elias would be so angry! I mean he paid a fortune to get Chise from that auction after all!

Anyways, the voice acting has been excellent in this anime so far. Well, I know most of them are veterans but still. Really impressed by Tamura Mutsumi, Murase Ayumu and Uchiyama Kouki's voice acting in this episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 25, 2017 7:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cool, the real Elias´ face!!!
Beautiful the Black Dog!!! In the Ovas this dog will be a friend of Chise, right?
Nov 25, 2017 7:45 AM
Nov 2017
Did anyone saw the ressemblance between the monster on the begenning of the episode and the one in avatar from the spirit world? He stole your face if you tell him your name.
Nov 25, 2017 7:50 AM
Nov 2017
Nuvi said:
Yeah this was even better than the manga. That masked Chimera was creepy tho.
it look like "koh le voleur de visage " in avatar the last airbender if you look on internet. He stole faces if he knows the name of the person.
Nov 25, 2017 9:15 AM
Aug 2013
the cliffhanger nooooooooooooooo i need more they timed it so well oh man orz
Nov 26, 2017 3:12 PM

Aug 2016

Elias shows us his demon facet finally. An epic rage without a doubt.

I didn't comment on forums on this anime for more than a week, I had forgotten how much I missed this anime, for a while forgotten why I love this work so much.

5/5
Nov 27, 2017 3:38 AM

Dec 2015
SQUEEE! Most kawaii bunsen burner ever!!

~
Nov 27, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2011
That was pretty fucking cool. I just wish the opening (while being really beautiful) didn't spoil every episode in advance :/ Though it's not like I didn't expect Elias to some day turn into his monster form or something like that.
Nov 27, 2017 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
HYYYYPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's it, that's f*cking it, I'm done shitting on this anime, this episode was AAAWWWWEEEESSOOOOMMMEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Chise finally does shit on her own!..okay, knocking out the enemy with a chemical she wasn't sure of eh, it's still a staaaaaaart!!!!!!!!

2) Nice twists in the story that made it unpredictable; I thought the black dog was a, well, a uh black dog, but he's human. Also he wasn't the killer.

3) And finally...
FINAAALLLY!!!!!
Elise's Berserk form looks rad as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!
I.
Am.
So.
HYYYYPPPEEED

I think we can all agree this was WAY better than last week's episode, where nothing happened.

There is a criticism I have just realized, though:
What is the purpose of Chise being Japanese? No seriously. The characters even say she has red hair, so within the context, she's a Japanese girl with red hair which doesn't make sense.

@Touka__Kirishima

I should've mentioned the BLUE mouse that was on F*CKING FIRE!!!
That shit was dope.
Dec 2, 2017 7:13 AM

Sep 2015
I've been waiting for that dog. And he seems cool. Definitely looking forward to seeing him join the main cast. Didn't expect that impish little bastard from the last arc to factor into the present day story so soon. Much less run afoul of Elias so soon. I also didn't expect what I can only assume is a Chise fake out death. And Elias going ballistic and showing his true form so soon either. Though surely all of these things had to happen.

It ends on such a cliffhanger I haven't much to say about the individual episode. I like how confident Chise has become. As she tends to the dog. And incapacitates his would be kidnapper. I liked how it made the bad guys in the last arc more sympathetic. And wasted little time in doing it. And I liked Elias is monster form at the end. The OST and animation in that scene created a powerful sense of dread. Pretty excited for the next one.
Dec 2, 2017 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
That ending... Mad Elias isn't good xD
I quite enjoy the fact that whenever they go to a new location, Elias "leaves" Chise by herself so that she can learn everything by herself without him, but when she needs he is always there.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 5, 2017 7:52 AM

Jul 2015
I seriously have no idea why people are hating on this show saying that nothing ever happens.
Damn that stab to Chise. It was painful to watch.
I love the character interactions and the introduction to Black Dog.
Guess I now know what happens when you piss off Elias. I didn't think the antagonist would be seen in this episode. What a pleasant surprise.
Can't wait to see the next episode!!
Dec 18, 2017 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
Probably because nothing ever actually happens the majority of the time lol.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.