Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 25, 2017 5:11 PM

Oct 2015
DemonicBunny3 said:
I don't get why people don't like this series over the original. I personally think it is just as good if not better than the original series. People say the story is trash, but let's be honest, the original story wasn't that good either. Honestly I think the story of Sunshine is better because of the characters. And oh yea the characters, I like Aqours more than μ's, just saying that right now. Just give it some time, the series picks up toward the end of the second season, and I think you'll really change your opinion of it at the end.
Yeah, I personally think so as well but there are also pretty badly done episodes on the series and this is one of them. It's not bad because they failed but the fact that how they failed to save the school was pretty dumb as well as Chika feeling out of place this episode as well. Tbh this was thee worst episode of the entirety of Love Live Sunshine
Nov 26, 2017 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
Despite the optimistic nature of the Love Live series, it can also be very sad sometimes.
Nov 27, 2017 2:38 AM

Sep 2011
Neraizel said:
nightranga said:
The only characters I really care about is You and Riko, the rest are either boring, generic, or a one punch joke character.

You is the most one-punch jokiest character in the entire series

Couldn't agree more in all honesty.

Nov 27, 2017 7:52 PM

Jan 2014
Don't get me wrong, I love this show, but that 98 applications thing was poorly executed.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 27, 2017 7:54 PM

Jan 2014
nightranga said:
This series really isn't gripping me at all. The only characters I really care about is You and Riko, the rest are either boring, generic, or a one punch joke character.

Also, I don't understand this whole 100 students things. From what I can tell, the school seems to consist of a total of 60-70 students across all three years. How can they possibly expect to get 100 applicant for the next year?

There is just so much weird drama that doesn't make any sense. Like the problem of how they where going to get from their school to the love live event in an earlier episode. Even though it was just a jog and a farm away. Do none of them have parents, or even grandparents who could drive them? Or bicycles maybe?

Lastly, as a Youriko shipper, this episode was quite painful at times. Please stop caring so much about Chika...

Aren't boring and generic basically the same thing?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 29, 2017 12:49 PM

Mar 2014
Just you wait. They're going to find a way to save the school despite the bullshit forced drama plot twist they pulled off in this episode
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 2, 2017 5:46 AM

Jan 2014
So nobody's gonna address how people seemed to be applying in the middle of the night??

Jeez, this is a big letdown. I like the execution but the reasoning felt very counter to the resolve Chika brought to the table in season 1.

This is probably the worst Love Live episode to date. Such a shame, since the rest of the season was so good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2017 8:18 PM

May 2013
MagicalMahou said:
So nobody's gonna address how people seemed to be applying in the middle of the night??

Jeez, this is a big letdown. I like the execution but the reasoning felt very counter to the resolve Chika brought to the table in season 1.

This is probably the worst Love Live episode to date. Such a shame, since the rest of the season was so good.
I'm pretty sure that's normal since a lot of people are only vacant at night. It's not like they have to physically apply or have an interview or anything. It's probably like a sign-up form like on facebook that verifies using actual school records. The site staff don't need to be active for that anyway.
Dec 6, 2017 8:26 PM

May 2013
GreenTea13 said:
Seriously? 98 applicants and they're like "Nope, technically not enough even though we literally only need 2 more."

*sigh* I hate forced drama like this.

In the accounting and management world, this is actually legit. You can't bargain your way out of this. If you've missed the goal, then you've missed the goal. There is no but I only needed .01 to reach it so it's ok. Sadly that's how life works and Japan, Murica and European Countries is very very strict in this department.
Dec 19, 2017 11:05 AM
Jul 2016
Fucking finaly , finaly the school being shut down , if they made it go on , for me it would be so full of shit
Wish saint snow wins the love live
I thought that this is an anime about love live but i think im watching an anime with the name ' let's save our highschool' or solething
Ryu_ODec 19, 2017 11:14 AM
Jan 3, 2018 4:33 AM

Dec 2012
Oh my god, I love what the Sunshine is doing to me. It's...it's blinding!
Jan 3, 2018 5:56 AM

Sep 2012
if all of them would say we refuse to go to a school that is farther away & parents support them then they have no choice but to leave the school be + there are more things they could try on top of that, but they don't have enough brain to think about this methods, but that should work cause if they don't go to school it makes the Gov officials look bad & JAP Gov officials have way 2much pride to let it slide that way :)
Jan 5, 2018 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
lol what kind of people apply for high school 3 or 4am in the morning? What is the director even thinking with that 5am deadline?
Apr 28, 2018 2:49 AM

Jul 2008
Episodes like this are probably my least favorite aspect of Love Live. The forced drama was so much....and it was a whole 24 minutes of it.

I found it ironic with muse too, but it is funny to me how for students so obsessed with saving their schools, we as the audience never even see their school life. We know the students are kind or whatever, but that is it...and that could apply to any school. (I mean maybe that is the point, that any school is special...idk).
Jan 31, 2019 3:58 PM

Jun 2015
The last montage scene felt inspiring
Nov 13, 2019 12:00 AM
Apr 2018
I bet Mari's dad wanted the school to not get the applicants. He must have been laughing his ass off at the thinking of Mari having hopes.

I didn't expect Chika to be so out of motivation to perform at LL!. I think Mari would've been understandable
Jun 8, 2020 4:35 AM

May 2016
It was very saddening to see that they came so close to achieving their goal only to fall short of 2 applicants. I wonder if Mari's dad would reconsider since it's literally just two people short. You can't win them all, I guess...

Winning Love Live is a historic feat for a school idol group and it's a given that they should give it a try and give it their all lest they regret the missed opportunity for years to come but I completely understand Chika's hopelessness over not being able to save their school. It wasn't what they created Aqours for but the school they represent is important as hell for them hence the namesake of school idols. I'm really glad that everyone in Uranohoshi gave them the push to go onto the final round.

Sep 15, 2020 8:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, they still couldn't bring a miracle because the plot pointed them out to lost. However, its not really a real lost for them -i know it!- Because they just began to merge with another school and its created them a place to shines more than before! What a great solution for them, right? Aquors still be an Aquors, and i think they could survived the last battle at Love Live and won it over. Thats how they would sunshine in their future place. X)

Ah, i can't say more. Its already implying very much, and it got pretty well written in these episode. I am satisfied. Its really happened. They were Aquors, not Muses. Obviously they had another fate to concerned with it. Finally they found their way to shines, shiner than their legendary favourite School Idol, Muses, as i thought from some previous episodes. Their reaction were so understandable. The end interaction was surely catchy and really deepen their development. Its finally opened up their eyes, and brought back Chika's motivation to be a winner. They were still a hope to shines, by making a history for their former school. Uranohoshi idol school, Aquors, keep shining! Its for the sake of a lost memories you must faced in the future, for the sake of a new future you needed to face in the next time!

Once again, they showed me, how tightly the relations between all of the girls, even with every girls in their schools. Everyone, stick together as a one entity, to cheer each others, to cheer their idols. That was the beauty of Uranohoshi. The beauty of Aquors that finally got realized by the team itself. Was that right, Chika? Its not the time for you to gave up, because everyone still had an obvious wish to you to accomplished: to winning a Love Live competition!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 4, 2020 8:13 AM
May 2019
AP24 said:
Looks like this really is the final TV season. Here's my guess for future schedule.

Summer 2018: Aqours 3rd Live
Late 2018/Early 2019: Love Live Sunshine movie
Summer/Fall 2019: Aqours Final Love Live
2020: Debut of new group (franchise 10th anniversary)

Holy crap.. you must be psychic!
Oct 22, 2020 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
Chika, get the fuck over yourself. You quite literally celebrated the news of the school closing down in season 1, yet now we're supposed to buy you being all cut up about its closure and wanting to do a Honoka (as if she wasn't already a clone of her anyway) and quit the group. How disrespectful is it to the rest of the group for her to disregard their desire to keep competing and throw a tantrum over the school's closure? Sure, it's resolved moments later (cos all the students just happened to be congregated below them on the roof and could apparently hear everything? alright then, whatever you say), but that quick resolution only makes it worse and makes me question what purpose it even served for that entire sequence to be included, besides as pure filler and time wasting.

Also, students were seriously applying in the middle of the night to join the school? That's legitimately complete nonsense.

Even on its fourth season, the Love Live franchise sucks at giving us anything even resembling good melodrama, so why does it keep bothering? Episodes such as this do little for character development and only stall any momentum and good will the show was building.
Mar 1, 2021 2:33 PM
Bhaal babe

Jul 2015
The drama was soooo forced. I've been like ??????????? most of the episode.

I would have preferred them to get 5 applicants instead of 98. The director waited for 2 years and couldn't wait 1 hour more??? And anyway, does it really matter if it was 98 or 100??? No sense.

I don't care about the school closing but I totally hated this unnecessary drama lmao

Apr 19, 2021 8:45 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another emotional episode. So, 98 isn't enough..? That felt a little odd to me.
Nov 24, 2021 11:11 AM

Nov 2017
Well that was a spirit breaker, fer sure. *Le sigh* so close, and yet so far.

It's like, you really do your best and give it your all, and yet you can't win 'em all. Seeing Chika cry again though, maximum bummer! :-/

Thankfully, the episode isn't a total downer. Aquors has the support of their entire school!
Jun 27, 2022 2:33 AM

Sep 2021
Apart from the episodes that didn't feature the drama of the school merger, the season has just been underwhelming thus far, in my opinion. Chika has just been an irritating character throughout. The plot is just too predictable and while predictable plots can still make a good story, it just does not apply here.

So far its been the same formula of: Chika and co. feels down because school merger -> "No! We can try our best to do something!" -> "We did it! School might be saved!" -> "Oh no, school not saved" -> Sad -> Everyone goes to the same place at the same time -> Gets cheered up -> loop begins from [feeling sad] again.

None of the drama and its resolution has felt meaningful/impactful thus far. Maybe if the group members had managed to realize/come up with the idea that "winning Love Live and having their school name immortalized this way" by themselves instead of realizing this idea only because the rest of the school told them about it, the resolution to this part of the drama would have felt more satisfying...
yhagniJun 27, 2022 9:11 AM
May 9, 2023 7:00 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m kinda surprised they had the balls to have them fail to save their school, it did feel like an impossible thing but even up to the last minute I was like “it’s love live, it’ll work out magically” and it didn’t this time lol, i like this tho, this is the brutal reality and they have to face it now, it does hurt seeing the happy idol girls all sad tho lol. Now I just hope it’ll stay this way for the school and they don’t magically save it by the end after all.

And then the students at the school showed them the obvious thing to do now is to perform in the final round of Love Live for the sake of the school, I was once again surprised here the girls didn’t think of that themselves lol, but now they have a new goal and Chika looks happy again, and if she’s happy, I’m happy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.