Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 18, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Since their previous performance, I feel like they've beame more confident this season.

They're still working hard which is understandable. However, its' noticable that they are trying to improve even more. Very inspiring imo. Oh..and nice little music montage at the end.
Nov 18, 2017 6:08 AM

Nov 2007
Close but no cigar, the school is closing down but at least they will continue to perform in Love Live under the Uranohoshi name. I was actually hoping the story would go down this route so while it was a very sad episode it was also a very good one.

Season 1 of Sunshine started getting very good during the 2nd half and seems like this season is ramping up as well now. Very excited to see what happens next.

Also does this mean we'll finally get the see the black uniforms? Please Sunrise
Nov 18, 2017 6:21 AM
Jun 2008
So much emotions pouring out on this week's episode. That's all I can say!
Nov 18, 2017 6:47 AM

Dec 2014
Looks like the school closing drama will finally be over now. The all-nighter they pulled was a nice touch in this episode; but now it's time to focus on more important things, like the love live!

Nov 18, 2017 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
Best non-musical episode so far IMO.

I really want the route where school is closed even if they win Love Live, but they keep their name in "History". I don't think this will be the case here, but I'm hoping for it.

It's funny to see how stopping muse's references makes 2nd season first half clearly better than 1rst season one. Now I hope 2nd half will be even better as they did in first season !
Nov 18, 2017 7:31 AM

Jun 2013
I'm already excited to see episode 8 LOL. It's good to hear Sora mo Kokoro mo Hareru kara from season 1 2nd bluray here on season 2
Kitan~!
Nov 18, 2017 8:02 AM
Dec 2011
Looks like this really is the final TV season. Here's my guess for future schedule.

Summer 2018: Aqours 3rd Live
Late 2018/Early 2019: Love Live Sunshine movie
Summer/Fall 2019: Aqours Final Love Live
2020: Debut of new group (franchise 10th anniversary)
Nov 18, 2017 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
That was beautiful, just beautiful. Really emotional/heartbreaking but a truly fantastic episode.

Yousoro in the beginning melted my heart, I don't think I'll ever recover from that. <3
It was a nice touch that the whole scene is actually Shukashuu's call and response.

Oh my god! You-chan comforting Chika when she got really anxious was so heartwarming, You-chan always knows what needs to be done. <3
Also loved the part where she was pretending to be asleep. xD

Lot of really emotional scenes this episode, from the all nighter waiting to the early morning shouts and Chika crying during practice and the final scene. This episode really got to me. :(

SORA MO KOKORO MO HARERU KARA-AQOURS VERSION!!!! I did not expect that and it was a really excellent choice to play it during the montage of everyone trying to come to terms with the school closing down. I feel the song really captured the mood of the scene and made it even more emotional, makes me wonder if they planned this. xD
The μ's feather flying across during the montage was beautiful. Kinda felt like μ's were encouraging Aqours to keep fighting even if it meant it was gonna be pointless.

The final scene with all the other girls encouraging Aqours to perform in Love Live and have their school name live in the history books forever was excellent and it really made me smile after the heavy mood of the episode. The girls deciding to do so after that was a really uplifting moment.
Full points for Ya-me-ru?! XD

Really well executed episode in terms of showcasing struggle, failure, resolution and never giving up. This episode is pretty much sums up some of the main reasons I love the franchise so much. <3

Kanan with her Gainax poses cracks me up. XD

Judging by the way this is going, I guess they really want to follow the same 2 seasons+movie structure for the anime.

@vicexxv I love how you change your picture every time there's a new Yousoro. XD
Lelouch0202Nov 18, 2017 8:46 AM
Nov 18, 2017 8:41 AM

Jun 2013
Lelouch0202 said:

@vicexxv I love how you change your picture every time there's a new Yousoro. XD

Yousoro is life XD
Kitan~!
Nov 18, 2017 9:09 AM
Jul 2017
I’m the only one that noticed when in the middle of episode they didn’t write love live sunshine like other episode but they wrote love live school idol projects exactly like the original IDK why but I still hope that u’s will make a apparition
Nov 18, 2017 9:46 AM

Jul 2008
Seriously? 98 applicants and they're like "Nope, technically not enough even though we literally only need 2 more."

*sigh* I hate forced drama like this.
Nov 18, 2017 10:15 AM

Sep 2013
They make to the finals but don't get enough applicants :'(
Chika is a mess but everyone from school cheers her up and she gets even more focused :)
Hokkaido next ep, probably saint snow will show up.
Nov 18, 2017 11:01 AM

Jul 2015
I find the comedy sections of Love Live to be pretty entertaining, but holy shit, the drama is so, so awful, this episode had me so uncomfortable.

Why would 18 people join in the last hours just because they did well in an idol performance (and how the fuck did they go from 0 points to first place anyways)
Who the fuck applies at 5 am, and even more when the time limit was extended in the last second.

98 people still applied, I get that his father put a limit, but you're telling me that that won't be enough people for another year?

It really didn't matter if they failed or they pulled a last second victory, it's just so terrible no matter what.
Nov 18, 2017 11:40 AM

Sep 2016
the insert song is way too good, quite old released song iirc
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 18, 2017 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
MetaThPr4h said:

Who the fuck applies at 5 am, and even more when the time limit was extended in the last second.

Some fake applications by otaku that want to save the girls' school I guess.

Really everything about this school closing drama was unnecessary and forced onto us because reasons.
I don't even care that they used the same theme of the first group; the execution was awful on it's own, without even comparing it to the first series.

If we really wanted to compare it to the first series, then it'd get even sillier.
μ's school location had the potential to attract more girls; if they managed to make it more appealing and/or famous, thanks to their idol group. But who on their right mind would go to that seaside town, just to attend the school of an idol group that is most definitely going to be disbanded after the third years graduate anyway..

But now it's over, so all good.
AnathorNov 18, 2017 1:20 PM
Nov 18, 2017 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Congrats Aqours on making it to the finals of Love Live.
Sad they couldn't get enough students to save the school.

That insert song was lovely.
Great that the school is behind Aquors & wants them to win.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 18, 2017 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, they really pull that off! I honestly didn't believe they won't save the school. What a great moment to prove me wrong!
But the feels would be even greater now that school is going to close. The graduation ceremony will also be a school closing one and saying goobyes, brace for some serious tearjerker!

Now they have the best motivation to win if they want to imoratalize their school in the contest.
Nov 18, 2017 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
So..... cheesy. I love Love Live, but cheesy.... I was cringing near the end.
Nov 18, 2017 4:08 PM

Mar 2017
really nice episode to further develop Aqours, especially Chika.
great to see how their struggle to save the school differed with μ's
though I'm just glad it still isn't the 3rd Years graduation yet

also, everything that has happened with their school reminds me of Sakura Quest

AP24 said:
Looks like this really is the final TV season. Here's my guess for future schedule.

Summer 2018: Aqours 3rd Live
Late 2018/Early 2019: Love Live Sunshine movie
Summer/Fall 2019: Aqours Final Love Live
2020: Debut of new group (franchise 10th anniversary)

(;-;) plz stop ,I'm not yet ready

MetaThPr4h said:
I find the comedy sections of Love Live to be pretty entertaining, but holy shit, the drama is so, so awful, this episode had me so uncomfortable.

Why would 18 people join in the last hours just because they did well in an idol performance (and how the fuck did they go from 0 points to first place anyways)

98 people still applied, I get that his father put a limit, but you're telling me that that won't be enough people for another year?

It really didn't matter if they failed or they pulled a last second victory, it's just so terrible no matter what.

chiiillllll, but i gotta agree with you though. everything about the 'prospective students' was bs if you put it that way. still, the drama part for the 3rd years was better than in μ's imo - their past and how they grew makes it seem more fleshed out
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 18, 2017 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
wow i wasn't expecting the story to go this way but i'm almost glad it has. Really looking forward to how the emotion at the end of the episode will be carried through to the next series.
Funny thought though, once the girls go off to another school and we (hopefully) get a new project, wouldn't it be interesting for one of the first years to be roped into a new school idol project in the new school?
Nov 18, 2017 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
Surprisingly they pulled that off in a way, which was surprising. Some people would complain about the drama but I think unlike Love Live... it didn't felt as cringe worthy by comparison I suppose. Which I really like it. By the way this was probably the best episode for the show, so far for me at least.
Nov 18, 2017 5:46 PM

Oct 2015
The last few minutes didn't sell for me :( 98 is close to a hundred and I'm really questioning why that isn't enough lol. Probably my least favorite episode to say the least. It's nice to see that they didn't suceed but it looked pretty stupid on why they didn't, it was really bothering me throughout the whole episode
EGOISTNov 18, 2017 8:05 PM
Nov 18, 2017 6:02 PM

Nov 2017
Well, this episode was really great. Don't really know what kind of people would sign up for a school during so late at night but whatever. What mattered was the fact that they failed and it was really interesting seeing everyone have to cope with it, especially Chika who basically kept putting on a smile no matter what. Even though the situation was stupid and nonsensical, the characters and the emotions felt very real and even relatable. This episode is probably gonna be one of my favorites just for all the character moments, which Love Live is best at.

When the crowd came out and they said they found a way to save the school, I was ready to roll my eyes, thinking they found some deus ex machina. But instead they delivered a delightfully cheesy, but still really valuable moral. From a storytelling perspective, I hope they don't somehow save the school but just memorialize it. Season 2 in general kind of redeemed the whole "saving the school" plotline by actually investing some care into it while in Season 1 it just seemed thrown because "muse did it." Still, hope that if they do another series they just ditch the whole school saving stuff and just focus on girls trying to be famous (obviously with good intentions) so we could focus more on the characters and less on the ridiculous plot.

TL;DR: Great episode despite stupid premise. So far, way better season the Season 1
(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Nov 18, 2017 8:05 PM

Feb 2010
Worst Love Live franchise episode ever. This ''let's save the school'' stuff is boring and not convincing at all. That's not conflict, it's non conflict, because it has nothing to do with the characters and their primary goals in the series. It's fake and artificial. They wanted to be school idols in order to find their own ''shine''. Then...well, i don't care anymore, because we couldn't save our school. Come on. That's stupid in every possible level.

I've loved the first season, but this one is doomed.
Nov 18, 2017 8:51 PM

Apr 2011
Aquors may have qualified for the finals but they couldn't save the school.

I think the black uniforms the girls wore in visuals is a give away.
Nov 18, 2017 9:09 PM

Jan 2011
"let's save the school" "let's save the school" "let's save the school" "let's save the school" "let's save the school" "let's save the school" "let's save the school" "let's save the school"fuck the love live i don't care about that "let's save the school" "let's save the school" okay lets do the love live to save the school in a different way.

Chika kinda triggered me this episode just as much as the app scene ,this show really is a mystery to me sometimes i just hate it with a burning passion but then i come out still loving some moments.

but with the way things are going i feel like this is gonna get setup for even more love live in the future which isn't surprising.
katsu044Nov 18, 2017 9:55 PM
Nov 18, 2017 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
Ugh, this episode was really hard to watch. The "saving the school" plot is finally over, but what was that shit about them not wanting to perform on Love Live just because their school couldn't be saved? Wasn't their true goal to find their own way of shinning? That was some horrible and nonsensical drama. Also, the chemistry between the girls doesn't feel right, they don't feel like they're close friends, the group is too fragmented. I don't know, I think that the first anime handled the chemistry between the characters much better and they felt more knit together while on Sunshine they feel really scattered.

I'm not feeling it and so far I think this season is weaker than the first one. Sunrise fucked up by choosing to stick with the "save the school" plot with all of the forced drama and also the silliness and over the top moments. The first anime was more grounded and required way less suspension of disbelief and the first season of Sunshine felt much more natural.

Now let's see if they'll win the Love Live competition this season or if Sunrise will save it for the movie.
removed-userNov 20, 2017 10:24 AM
Nov 19, 2017 1:30 AM

Aug 2013
This is how GuP should be..xD
Nov 19, 2017 1:50 AM

Jun 2016
So proud of Aquors they made it to the finals, like wow. Omedetou, girls. But they still didn't manage to save the school before the 'deadline'.

It was an okay episode, liked it.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 19, 2017 6:53 AM

Oct 2013
I'm sure there will be some plot device that allows their school to be saved in the 11th hour, though it would be hilarious if the final scene is the school being bulldozed and they come in 3rd at Love Live. Not that I don't want them to succeed, but it would be more believable for them to fail, at least partially.
Nov 19, 2017 8:13 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Bittersweet episode, i felt bad for Chika because as their team leader she was so into Aquors, so passionate towards the group and seeing her cry was sad to see. You consoling her was nice to see and it was touching as well. I felt bad for Riko because I felt like Chika was being a bit too cold to her but I suppose Riko didn't want to come in between You and Chika and was more so believing she'd get better.

At least they are in the finals and they can put their school's name up high. Touching to see that the school has their back. I liked the scene when Chika got so hyper up on the roof top when she heard about saving the school through Love Live.

Nov 19, 2017 8:30 AM

Sep 2011
What the. This is the worst drama I've ever witnessed on Aqours.

I already expected that they can't save their school and finally the saving-the-school-drama-once-again is over. The problem is, I thought Chika wanted to be a school idol because she wanted to be "different" and right now her reason suddenly changed? It seems the writer of the story is now running out of ideas.

Nov 19, 2017 2:44 PM

Sep 2013
GET REKT. Now start dancing your ass off to win Love Live.
Nov 19, 2017 3:12 PM
Aug 2015
This series really isn't gripping me at all. The only characters I really care about is You and Riko, the rest are either boring, generic, or a one punch joke character.

Also, I don't understand this whole 100 students things. From what I can tell, the school seems to consist of a total of 60-70 students across all three years. How can they possibly expect to get 100 applicant for the next year?

There is just so much weird drama that doesn't make any sense. Like the problem of how they where going to get from their school to the love live event in an earlier episode. Even though it was just a jog and a farm away. Do none of them have parents, or even grandparents who could drive them? Or bicycles maybe?

Lastly, as a Youriko shipper, this episode was quite painful at times. Please stop caring so much about Chika...
Nov 19, 2017 7:43 PM

Jul 2015
Oh shoot, though they succeeded in making it to the finals, they lost the school. But hey, we avoided a load of extra drama, as in, nobody quit being an idol.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 19, 2017 9:50 PM

Dec 2013
nightranga said:
The only characters I really care about is You and Riko, the rest are either boring, generic, or a one punch joke character.

You is the most one-punch jokiest character in the entire series
Nov 20, 2017 1:32 AM

May 2010
Who the fuck are these people applying to schools in the middle of the night!?
Nov 21, 2017 11:54 AM

Nov 2011
Promotion at Love Live knew a mile away, but they were good at fixing the authors thanks to the excuse about the closure of the school and the incitement given by the girls in the school. This gave much more realism to the plot. Accelerated credibility also thanks to the contributions of the protagonists.
Nov 21, 2017 11:57 AM

Oct 2008
¬HAHA¬ They weren't able to save the School! ¬HAHA¬
2/5.

Nov 25, 2017 11:19 AM
Jul 2017
I don't get why people don't like this series over the original. I personally think it is just as good if not better than the original series. People say the story is trash, but let's be honest, the original story wasn't that good either. Honestly I think the story of Sunshine is better because of the characters. And oh yea the characters, I like Aqours more than μ's, just saying that right now. Just give it some time, the series picks up toward the end of the second season, and I think you'll really change your opinion of it at the end.
Nov 25, 2017 5:11 PM

Oct 2015
DemonicBunny3 said:
I don't get why people don't like this series over the original. I personally think it is just as good if not better than the original series. People say the story is trash, but let's be honest, the original story wasn't that good either. Honestly I think the story of Sunshine is better because of the characters. And oh yea the characters, I like Aqours more than μ's, just saying that right now. Just give it some time, the series picks up toward the end of the second season, and I think you'll really change your opinion of it at the end.
Yeah, I personally think so as well but there are also pretty badly done episodes on the series and this is one of them. It's not bad because they failed but the fact that how they failed to save the school was pretty dumb as well as Chika feeling out of place this episode as well. Tbh this was thee worst episode of the entirety of Love Live Sunshine
Nov 26, 2017 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
Despite the optimistic nature of the Love Live series, it can also be very sad sometimes.
Nov 27, 2017 2:38 AM

Sep 2011
Neraizel said:
nightranga said:
The only characters I really care about is You and Riko, the rest are either boring, generic, or a one punch joke character.

You is the most one-punch jokiest character in the entire series

Couldn't agree more in all honesty.

Nov 27, 2017 7:52 PM

Jan 2014
Don't get me wrong, I love this show, but that 98 applications thing was poorly executed.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 27, 2017 7:54 PM

Jan 2014
nightranga said:
This series really isn't gripping me at all. The only characters I really care about is You and Riko, the rest are either boring, generic, or a one punch joke character.

Also, I don't understand this whole 100 students things. From what I can tell, the school seems to consist of a total of 60-70 students across all three years. How can they possibly expect to get 100 applicant for the next year?

There is just so much weird drama that doesn't make any sense. Like the problem of how they where going to get from their school to the love live event in an earlier episode. Even though it was just a jog and a farm away. Do none of them have parents, or even grandparents who could drive them? Or bicycles maybe?

Lastly, as a Youriko shipper, this episode was quite painful at times. Please stop caring so much about Chika...

Aren't boring and generic basically the same thing?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 29, 2017 12:49 PM

Mar 2014
Just you wait. They're going to find a way to save the school despite the bullshit forced drama plot twist they pulled off in this episode
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 2, 2017 5:46 AM

Jan 2014
So nobody's gonna address how people seemed to be applying in the middle of the night??

Jeez, this is a big letdown. I like the execution but the reasoning felt very counter to the resolve Chika brought to the table in season 1.

This is probably the worst Love Live episode to date. Such a shame, since the rest of the season was so good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2017 8:18 PM

May 2013
MagicalMahou said:
So nobody's gonna address how people seemed to be applying in the middle of the night??

Jeez, this is a big letdown. I like the execution but the reasoning felt very counter to the resolve Chika brought to the table in season 1.

This is probably the worst Love Live episode to date. Such a shame, since the rest of the season was so good.
I'm pretty sure that's normal since a lot of people are only vacant at night. It's not like they have to physically apply or have an interview or anything. It's probably like a sign-up form like on facebook that verifies using actual school records. The site staff don't need to be active for that anyway.
Dec 6, 2017 8:26 PM

May 2013
GreenTea13 said:
Seriously? 98 applicants and they're like "Nope, technically not enough even though we literally only need 2 more."

*sigh* I hate forced drama like this.

In the accounting and management world, this is actually legit. You can't bargain your way out of this. If you've missed the goal, then you've missed the goal. There is no but I only needed .01 to reach it so it's ok. Sadly that's how life works and Japan, Murica and European Countries is very very strict in this department.
Dec 19, 2017 11:05 AM
Jul 2016
Fucking finaly , finaly the school being shut down , if they made it go on , for me it would be so full of shit
Wish saint snow wins the love live
I thought that this is an anime about love live but i think im watching an anime with the name ' let's save our highschool' or solething
Ryu_ODec 19, 2017 11:14 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.