Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 3:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, this episode felt like it has some good amount of psychology to it. The trouble Cardia ran to with the locals..

Not to mention, it's interesting that we also saw a little more of her past. Still, no matter how much she suffers emotionally, her new friends supports her and that's what is important. I don't think Cardia is a monster at all.
Stark700Nov 18, 2017 6:15 AM
Nov 18, 2017 4:12 AM

Nov 2007
They saw that there are lots of main girls in the lab... (so that's the reward from last ep.? The paper was a proof that they are permitted to check it?) so she's completely not human? Homunculus, was it? She's shocked, as expected. And that's why the guys are sad (shown in preview).

She went out alone to find out her truth. On the train, she's remembering a mother that kept her when she ran away, and the little girl.

People, lead by the priest, wanted main girl to get out, and that lady tried to protect her, saying she's not monster. The little girl also began to call her monster when seeing her mother died.

The people, including the little girl who grew up, calling main girl monster because the priest told them her existence brings disaster.

Thief guy came to the rescue, and he told her about a man who he called "teacher" and was being used.

The lady's daughter kind of helped her by warning her to go on alternative way.

The letter from main girl's father, who wants to change the world using the experience, code name: Code:Realize (the title of the game/anime).

London on fire... lead by KajiKaji's character!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 18, 2017 6:11 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm, so at the end Saint got the short stick screentime wise😭
After this episode I am 100% sure that if the anime was 24 episodes it would have been better. So much skipped info…
About the episode - I do like it. The story is moving in the right direction, Lupin and Cardia showed us important parts of their pasts and the reason why Isac research appeared in the race in the previous episode was covered.
I do think that the pace is a mess and that at this point there is nothing to save it short of miracle but the studio is doing nearly the best possible for 12 episodes format so I am happy with what we have :)
Nov 18, 2017 6:26 AM
Jul 2016
I like the new visual of the OP.

This episode is about Cardia and her past and we got to know Lupin past, too.
Nov 18, 2017 7:05 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode, we got a little of Cardia past as well as some backstory for Lupin.

I hate mindless mobs led by a stupid priest like the one we saw in this episode.
I loved it when Lupin talked down to them unfortunately it looks like it didn't get into their heads. At least Etty changed for the better.

Lovely moment when Lupin comforted Cardia that she was one of them.

We're finally getting into what Code:Realize actually is but now London is on fire?!
Nov 18, 2017 8:06 AM

Jun 2015
Cardia ran away and went to the place she was taken from and found an envelope with documents inside. Got to see some of her past and some backstory for Lupin. She suffered a lot back then because of the stupid priest. She had a nice moment with him. The documents revealed what Code:Realize actually is, but it looks like London is on fire.
Nov 18, 2017 8:33 AM

Jan 2014
Wait so did the mom actually die from her poison, or was it something else like lack of air?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 18, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
From her poison. They were closed in small space without proper ventilation so the usually non letal poison fumes concentrated enough to cause death.
Nov 18, 2017 12:08 PM
Nov 2016
The start of this episode felt weird because it was like we had skipped one episode but that wasn't the case.

I hated the priest though.
Nov 18, 2017 12:18 PM

Mar 2011
Loved this episode :3. So far my favorite. It's a little bit rushed but 12 episodes is not much. As mentioned before I'd not understand it if it wasn't for the VN. There are important parts/explanations that were left out. Also some precious Lupin x Cardia time *-*.

I really, really love the anime. I think it's the verey first anime adaptation of a game I truly enjoy watching
(Like I can't wait for the next episode to come out and watch it right away). Even though I agree more
episodes would have made it even better. This VN/ anime deserves so much more.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 18, 2017 1:22 PM

Apr 2017
Damn this episode for nearly making me cry. ;__; Can't wait for next week! But things are not looking good...
Nov 18, 2017 11:39 PM

Aug 2008
thesarcasticguy said:
The start of this episode felt weird because it was like we had skipped one episode but that wasn't the case.

I hated the priest though.

The lab scene was continued from end of last episode.

I loved how Cardia's character was fleshed out in this episode. Mobs are the worst.
Nov 19, 2017 1:19 AM
Sep 2013
Boom! Title drop! LOL

Anyways, it's rushed as always, but I can't really blame them. It's only 12 episodes. I do think that if they ever decide to animate another otome game with complex storylines (coughcollarxmalicecough)...I just hope that they'll invest in 24 episodes one!!

But overall, I think this episode did what it was supposed to do, reveal Cardia and Lupin's past, and move the plot to see London on fire.

Anyway, I'm just happy enough seeing everyone animated.
Nov 19, 2017 4:50 AM
Mar 2010
I like this but at the same time I see so much wasted potential here. Had this been 24 episodes and with some more budget, this could have been a really great anime.

Sigh, Otomate...why do you never do your titles justice?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 19, 2017 7:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm they changed the visuals for the opening slightly. So Cardia was in fact an artificial human that was created by her father to house that poison then. After such a hard truth Cardia must be feeling pretty down right now. So Cardia decided to leave as a result then. Seeing Cardia get so emotional at the efforts that others put in to help her sure is sad. Her ability to melt things sure come in handy when she needs to open locked compartments. Hmm the civilians that saw Cardia ended up summoning a mob. That woman that helped Cardia in the past Elaine sure was brave to stand up to the mob. Too bad about what happened to her though but at least Lupin got here in time to save Cardia from the mob though. Lupin sure has a personal reason to see this through to the end. Its nice that Etty also understood that her mother was right in the end and came to help Cardia. Still it will be hard for Etty though thats for sure.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2017 10:33 AM

May 2012
Is Finis also an artificial human ?!

If Cardia is artificial human then this mean that she not related to her father and finis ?
Nov 19, 2017 1:54 PM
May 2017
Man, cardia, you had gone through so much that you afraid to open up your feeling :(. I wish to see you as scale figure because you are now my most favorite character in this series ;;
Nov 19, 2017 10:43 PM

Mar 2013
faye said:
Hmm, so at the end Saint got the short stick screentime wise😭
After this episode I am 100% sure that if the anime was 24 episodes it would have been better. So much skipped info…
Tell me about it, we've learned literally nothing about saint g except that he's a noble! He doesn't even give me a mysterious/creepy vibe like the game because he's never on screen lmao TT_TT

But oh well, other than probably never seeing his pretty eyes, I really liked this episode!

oh the silly things you find on the internet
Nov 20, 2017 6:41 AM

May 2017
Zelev said:
Wait so did the mom actually die from her poison, or was it something else like lack of air?

Nah

It contaminated the air, since there's no air flowing
Nov 20, 2017 6:44 AM

May 2017
Eeeh I liked Cardia's solo campaign, Lupin end it too soon, his backstory is boring, not fit for a legendary thief

Hated those villagers, freaking annoying
Nov 20, 2017 6:59 AM

Sep 2014
I didn't understand Lupin's past. It was a bit messy and I think it was somewhat important. At one time Cardia said "My father had..." was she saying that Lupin's teacher is actually Cardia's dad or is her dad on the terrorist side?

This anime is quite confusing to be honest.
Nov 20, 2017 10:02 AM

Mar 2011
Hrybami said:
I didn't understand Lupin's past. It was a bit messy and I think it was somewhat important. At one time Cardia said "My father had..." was she saying that Lupin's teacher is actually Cardia's dad or is her dad on the terrorist side?

I'm not sure if this will be explained further in the anime... To answer your question... no, it's nothing like that. At least in the game. There is a part that's left out though but nothing big (I'm not going to say it since I don't want to spoil it).

To be honest, this was the only thing that bothered me about Lupin's route. Even in the VN... His backstory felt a little bit ordinary. Compared to the other characters. I mean, come on! He's such a great character I expected more (it would have been nice if it turned out Cardia's father was actually his teacher. During the game I always waited for this).

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my last comment, but I really like the new Opening (the visuals).

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 20, 2017 10:11 AM

Sep 2014
Wildflower3 said:
Hrybami said:

I'm not sure if this will be explained further in the anime... To answer your question... no, it's nothing like that. At least in the game. There is a part that's left out though but nothing big (I'm not going to say it since I don't want to spoil it).

To be honest, this was the only thing that bothered me about Lupin's route. Even in the VN... His backstory felt a little bit ordinary. Compared to the other characters. I mean, come on! He's such a great character I expected more (it would have been nice if it turned out Cardia's father was actually his teacher. During the game I always waited for this).

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my last comment, but I really like the new Opening (the visuals).

So Lupin's teacher isn't involved with the terrorists? Isn't it this organization that killed Lupin's teacher? Because he seems to have business with them. And if he's not Cardia's dad, then what relation does he have with Cardia's dad?
Nov 20, 2017 10:13 AM

Mar 2011
[quote=Hrybami message=53109918][quote=Wildflower3 message=53109842]
Hrybami said:

So Lupin's teacher isn't involved with the terrorists? Isn't it this organization that killed Lupin's teacher? Because he seems to have business with them. And if he's not Cardia's dad, then what relation does he have with Cardia's dad?

I did not say he was not involved. I hope they will explain it. But he's not Cardia's father.

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Nov 20, 2017 3:04 PM

Nov 2007
@Wildflower3, by not explaining you made it even more confusing 🤯

For anyone interested you can read the spoiler about Lupin's past. It is from the game but I really doubt that the anime will properly explain any of this so go ahead.

Yes I agree that Lupin backstory is less inpactful than the rest of the guys however the selling point in Lupin's route is Lupin himself. At least that is the case for me. All of his dialogues are witty, chatty, tad cheeky and he is great character all around. He did not need to drop a bomb like “Cardia, you know I am actually from outer space. Do you want to marry me on Mars?” in order to grab some attention🙃.
Nov 20, 2017 10:30 PM

Oct 2008
That mom of that little girl in the woods was just another fodder for plots sake!
yey! full version of the OP Mia REGINA "Kalmia" was just released on 11/16!
4/5.

Nov 22, 2017 11:53 AM

Jul 2009
Guess things will get interesting now!
Nov 24, 2017 2:30 AM

Nov 2016
I feel this show had a strong start and I'm still interested to see where it's going, but this was definitely one of the weakest episodes. Everything felt like it was rushed: the trip to the lab, the reveal that Cardia was a homunculus, her backstory with villagers, Lupin's backstory reveal, and the reveal of "Code: Realize". I can see the semblance of good character development for a lot of the characters, especially Cardia and Lupin, but it never seems like the show spends quite enough time on each individual arc. I get that as an anime the show has a lot more time restrictions than a visual novel, but I can't help but feel some things were lost in translation.
Nov 24, 2017 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
As someone who has played the game before, I feel this should've been 24 episodes. It's not that bad either but it feels incredibly rushed and they skipped lots of info but I guess that's inevitable with only 12 episodes.

I don't have high hopes for this to get better but ehh we'll see lol.
Nov 29, 2017 9:59 AM

Dec 2016
There's too much feels in this episode ;_; Poor Cardia for having a terrible burden of killing someone because of her own poison.

Those "birds" are striking again and I feel like they are the terrorists of Isaac they are searching for. Can't wait to see what will happen from now on that they know the truth that Cardia's father had planned to destroy mankind.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 5, 2017 10:51 AM

Mar 2014
Things are getting really interesting, but saying this episode was rushed is an understatement. At times like this I wish I could have the VN in my hands, but alas I don't have ps4 nor ps vita
Dec 8, 2017 8:44 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
i thought that Cardia was always closed in the mansion, but in this chapter, showed that she had a fatal adventure :/
Jan 8, 2018 4:07 AM
Mar 2012
Both 'father' backstories quite good, concluding on the title drop. So Twilight/Finis is working for terrorist Isaac. Somehow Queen doesn't know about this?
Feb 14, 2018 8:25 AM

Dec 2008
I'm glad Etty came to her senses and helped Lupin and Cardia, but Etty is wrong about one thing - Cardia didn't let Elaine die. Cardia tried her best to save Elaine, but it was too late. If there's anyone that Etty shouldn't forgive, it's that Priest for locking Elaine in there with Cardia in the first place. He knew damn well what would happen.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

45 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 12, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 8 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2017

32 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 11, 2023 11:21 PM

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

51 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 3, 2023 1:32 PM

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

101 by Zekkenshin »»
Jul 3, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Code:Realize: Sousei no Himegimi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

21 by Azu »»
Feb 6, 2022 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.