Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Net-juu no Susume Episode 7 Discussion

Nov 21, 2017 7:36 PM
luigi-dude said:
Mau-Kun said:
You're still forgetting that she has almost no experience with romance and she clearly said it so her reactions at the guys are very very natural, you just don't have to look her like a 30-year-old but as a person whose heart wasn't moved like that in a plenty of time, possibly even never, and I still think the immaturity betewwn these 30-year-olds is still a good thing for the story because it gives you something different than you expected, if 30-year-old romance was shown in a story like this in the way you propose it'd be really boring, you're expecting them to be perfect because of their age and no, it can't always be like that, this anime is clearly not made for overthinkers.

I'm a virgin, I have no experience with romance, and I would never react that way lol. I'm getting tired of the excuse, "well it's an anime." to cover for every flaw a series has. I think Mori is "cute", but at some point you need to Act your age. And why are you assuming a "true" 30-year old romance would be boring?? again, what other shows do we have to compare it to with full adults romancing as the main plot? And I never used the word "perfect", you can clearly see what I typed. "Immaturity" is the absolute norm in anime, I really don't understand where your coming from here. I was attracted to this show BECAUSE I thought older protagonists would largely be ABOVE the cliche immaturity we get in anime starring kids HALF THEIR AGE. Half their age.... I guess I thought too highly of this show from the first 3 episodes and figured they'd really delve into workplace fears to the "backdrop" of stress relief with MMO games. The show is still called RECOVERY of an MMO Junkie, so if the only "resolution" we get by anime's end is that Moriko has a boyfriend now, she's still a NEET who barely takes care of herself and has admitted to cutting into savings to play an online game. That is not a Recovery and I will point it out.

You're expecting too much and still stereotyping, the fact that you wouldn't react like that being a virgin doesn't mean everyone this age does, you know why? Because I WOULD REACT LIKE THAT! Or you think the way you behave at an apparent first love changes according to the date in the calendar you were born in? Have you watched the 40-year-old Virgin? Or 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku? It's exactly the same! You can be or not excited the first time you're together with anyone as all first times no matter your age, like the first time you board an airplane, or the first time you drive a car, or the first time you try a new thing, you can have insecurities and be excited about it by having butterflies in your tummy, no matter if you do it being a 6-year-old kid or an 80-year-old elder.

You won't enjoy the story if you see Moriko as a 30-year-old, you just have to see Moriko as a HUMAN who has fears, insecurities and can also feel anger, just like any other human being and not a puppet of society like they pretend people at this age must be.

And I repeat... Moriko is a millennial! And she perfectly potrays it with her behaviour! If she was "acting her age" (Honestly for me acting has nothing to do with age) like you said then there would be NO STORY to tell here!

Nov 22, 2017 9:51 AM
EEEEEWWWWW Koiwai's game avatar character is disgusting, it's like having a juiced up Female Bodybuilder.

Nov 22, 2017 1:08 PM

Dropped, it became way to complicated and even more unrealistic than it was, I was annoyed and mostly bored + really dont think can turn out well with the remaining 3 episodes.

Nov 22, 2017 4:38 PM

Kowai going all out aggressively to help Sakurai and he still held back... looked like fate really want Sakurai together with Mori-chan with all the concidences happening. Can't believe there are only 3 episodes left T.T

Nov 22, 2017 9:26 PM
ME after watching this episode: fast forward to episode 8...

* i love this episode so much, its gonna be more complicated now... ohh how i am so excited for next episode...

Nov 23, 2017 11:41 AM

That's what I call coincidence, Sakurai and MoriMori are playing together since the old game they used to play...

Nov 24, 2017 6:34 AM

luigi-dude said:

"I'm tired of the typical stereotype of mature, secure, and emotionally stable..." What other 30-year old romantic main characters have you seen recently? Lol, they ain't a majority that's for sure, I watch teenage romance to get childish reactions, I didn't pick up Net-Juu to watch Moriko drop to her knees and declare "Uwaa, Hazukashi!" when a fellow adult asks if she's cute...

She is not a typical thirty year old though. since the first episode we see that Mori has some social anxiety, prone to embarrassment and has limited romantic experience. She is extremely passive as a character, almost all the events that leading to her development in the story is Sakurai and Koiwai intervening in her real life and online. The romance in the anime is the tool that brings about Mori's development of getting a job. The anime isn't rocket science and if you are so unsure about the ending you should have payed more attention to the opening and ending. Almost everything that has happened in the anime was either alluded to or shown in the opening and credits. Also, how one reacts to romantic confrontations is not up to you to say if its valid depending on their age. You act like there is a massive difference between teenagers and adults when we all know there isn't that big of a difference if you remove the expectations, experience and responsibilities. Maturity is how one handles their responsibilities by their expected role by society. its a buzzword that is meaningless because the only real requirement of being adult is self-sufficiency. Everything else is added depending on your role.

Nov 24, 2017 4:12 PM

Well that was funny xD I mean the fact that Moriko created a different character yet she still met her clan xD
What a coincidence...i wonder how Moriko will react when she will see her old friend.
One of the best animes from this season.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 27, 2017 11:13 AM

Ok who the fuck is Nico or am I completely missing something?

Dec 2, 2017 12:17 AM

so... Nico is actually mentioned in episode 3, and yes she's a member of their guild...

i just realized that this anime only has 10 ep... :(

Dec 3, 2017 4:53 PM

Way too many coincidences in this show.

Dec 6, 2017 11:39 AM

I like the perspective on Yuuta in this episode and the internal struggle that he's having.

Damn that character from Kaiwaisan ...hahaha

Dec 11, 2017 2:29 PM

Damn, was this cliche really necessary. Morimori and Sakurai already had more than enough going on with them being Hayashi and Lily... but now we bring up an old game in which they also so happened to be BFF? Common... the life is not so convenient.

There were already quite few convenient parts in the show, like Kande being the shop employer but that was something easy to turn blind eye to as he is just a side character. The two of them bumping into each other on the street... it was still fine. BUT... the development and reveal from this episode... it impacts the main storyline too much but more importantly it wasn't necessary at all. The main parring was already connected to each other with strong bond so why do we need to add completely new one at top of that. Worse of all that new bond is in form of convenient flashback, which while somewhat foreshadowed from the start is truly way too convenient.

Well, I am still enjoying the show for what it is and to be honest I don't really watch this anime for it's story but rather because it's enjoyable with it's characters and MMO-background but this episode definitely took a strong hit at my likenesses of this show as a whole.

Dec 14, 2017 7:58 AM

WAHAHAHA This is getting interesting! 10/10

Dec 14, 2017 4:19 PM

I hate Koiwai more and more... He isn't being "best bro" by doing like he actually wants to date Morioka... Poor Sakurai misunderstands it of course :/ I hope he finally reveals his identity to her.

Dec 17, 2017 3:14 AM
you have to instal it
how dumb can it get

Dec 24, 2017 11:44 PM

Koiwai's avatar lol what a guy

Kind of extremely number of coincidences, it's like the MMO version of childhood friends trope

Dec 30, 2017 6:54 PM

eso18 said:
Damn, was this cliche really necessary. Morimori and Sakurai already had more than enough going on with them being Hayashi and Lily... but now we bring up an old game in which they also so happened to be BFF? Common... the life is not so convenient.

There were already quite few convenient parts in the show, like Kande being the shop employer but that was something easy to turn blind eye to as he is just a side character. The two of them bumping into each other on the street... it was still fine. BUT... the development and reveal from this episode... it impacts the main storyline too much but more importantly it wasn't necessary at all. The main parring was already connected to each other with strong bond so why do we need to add completely new one at top of that. Worse of all that new bond is in form of convenient flashback, which while somewhat foreshadowed from the start is truly way too convenient.

Well, I am still enjoying the show for what it is and to be honest I don't really watch this anime for it's story but rather because it's enjoyable with it's characters and MMO-background but this episode definitely took a strong hit at my likenesses of this show as a whole.

I don't usually read to many into the threads but i did on this episode cause i wanted to see if someone already pointed this.

I feel EXACTLY the same about this episode, and it was such a bummer cause i've been enjoying it SO MUCH. But this new development was so unnecessary.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 31, 2017 10:23 AM

Oh quite interesting flashback, so both are even further unknowingly related than before! Really great progression especially with that ending, let's see what's next

Jan 2, 2018 9:56 PM

I couldn't stop laughing at Koiwai's avatar

Jan 13, 2018 8:56 PM

Oh my god, they've known each other for a year then... if they had met in the first MMO they played. Although, I kind of expected that from the drift of this anime...

Jan 17, 2018 10:40 AM

Nekostigmatic said:
I couldn't stop laughing at Koiwai's avatar

i almost died lol

well he laughed at hes own char to lol

Jan 27, 2018 3:08 AM

Have no idea where this is going, episode 8 and everyone is making alt-accounts.... At least they're keeping the same voice actors for the characters on their alt-accounts.
~

Feb 9, 2018 7:19 PM

Awww... the idea of two people having met online before more than once... and falling in love / a deep friendship just the same.

I find it very interesting, by the way, that three of them now have decided to play as characters of the opposite gender. I mean, one is doing it for the luls, the other two it's harder to pin. I admit I've played as a female online before, I am not sure if it's curiosity or a split identity on my part. But it makes it much easier for me to relate with this anime.

Feb 22, 2018 12:47 PM

Kind of make me sad for Koiwai, he is suuch a charming character </3

Anyway, this anime is really cute, but the male MC is just sooo pasive. Get a grip boooi.

Feb 22, 2018 10:49 PM
I have to admit, Im a little frustrated with understanding Koiwai's intentions

Feb 25, 2018 11:20 AM
AAHHH forced love triangle is forced.

Apr 11, 2018 4:08 AM

I definitely don't see Sakurai able to keep this all under wraps for much longer
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Sep 24, 2018 8:22 PM

Good gracious, Koiwai's character is a real heart stopper.

Nov 7, 2018 3:54 PM

I don't like this episode so much. It's very convenient that Sakurai met Moriko in another game. Also, both of them create a new character for the same reason.

Koiwai's avatar is hilarious.
Life has no meaning.

Nov 16, 2018 10:46 AM

Okay, it's a wrap. YutaXMoriko FASHO! XD

They were close in the last MMO they played together and found each other in Fruits de Mer AND REAL LIFE?????? They're DESTINED *O*

Yuta is sososo cute when he blushes over Moriko <3 UGH <3333333 I ship so hard.

Even though I also quite like Koiwai, ahhah. His avi was something else LMAO. Reminds me of Biscuit from HunterXHunter hahahaha

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]