Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 17, 2017 6:15 AM

Oct 2013
whaaaaaat? This is terrible :/. I really loved her as Madoka in Kimagure Orange Road.
May she rest in peace.
Nov 17, 2017 6:16 AM
Aug 2015
Rayzer said:
tsubasalover said:
News Update
Aoni Production has announced that the reason for Tsuru's death is aortic dissection. The funeral will be done among her family.

Source: Oricon
What's Aortic dissection? never heard of that.
Google isn't reliable either. So I don't know what can cause or how would they get that.
Maybe due to stress or something? Well at least her death was been resolved. Again R.I.P. to her.

Small crack appears in the inner layer of the aortic artery. Huge blood flow forces its way through the crack and rips the more external layers of it. Boom, artery colapses and the heart does not get the blood it needs. Kind of obvious what happens next.

RIP, anime just suffered a huge loss.
PogChamp
Nov 17, 2017 6:38 AM

Apr 2014
aratinga said:

Small crack appears in the inner layer of the aortic artery. Huge blood flow forces its way through the crack and rips the more external layers of it. Boom, artery colapses and the heart does not get the blood it needs. Kind of obvious what happens next.

RIP, anime just suffered a huge loss.
I'm not asking for anything scientific, that's just science bullshit.
And read the last two sentences on my post. Nice try though.
Well, according to a website, it's still unknown what could be the real cause.
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 17, 2017 7:25 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This stuff is very devastating, especially for such iconic people in this industry who will need to be replaced for the show to go on. Rest in peace.
Nov 17, 2017 8:22 AM
May 2015
This is shocking, tragic news.

I don't know which worse, her passing away at a moderately young age or the way she died (a heart attack while driving).

RIP Ms Tsuru. Thank you for Bulma, and for your other awesome roles.

While she was not a favourite of mine, Tsuru carved a definite place in seiyuu history. I think she greatly contributed to developing the princess stereotype in anime: a beautiful heroine who was vain and could be selfish at times, but who was strong and smart and kind, and could handle herself in serious situations. Some of Tsuru's best roles were on this role: Ukyo Kuonji from Ranma ½, Madoka Ayukawa from Kimagure Orange Road, Meryl Strife from Trigun (though she played this more straight), Ghost Sweeper Mikami, and of course Bulma.

God rest your soul Ms Tsuru.
Nov 17, 2017 8:36 AM

May 2016
Sad news =(

I think her voice is similar to Tomo Sakurai who participated in:

Macross 7 (TV) as Mylene Flare Jenius
Rurouni Kenshin (TV) as Misao Makimachi
Saint Tail (TV) as Meimi Haneoka

In my opinion she will be a good choice for Bulma In dragon Ball..
Nov 17, 2017 8:38 AM

Feb 2013
Rest in peace Bulma.
Goku and all the others will miss you.
Madoka was my first anime crush, damn.
Nov 17, 2017 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
That's terrible. R.I.P.
Nov 17, 2017 9:43 AM

Feb 2012
Very sad situation indeed.

She had some really good roles.
Nov 17, 2017 2:11 PM

Aug 2013
What a tragedy. Rest in peace.
Nov 17, 2017 2:37 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
I still don't like how MAL using the word dies for thread like this. I would prefer if they use passed away instead.

Still R.I.P

Dude... they both mean the same thing. Stop finding reasons to get annoyed.

RIP

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 17, 2017 2:44 PM

Mar 2012
Infatuate said:
NeoAnkara said:
I still don't like how MAL using the word dies for thread like this. I would prefer if they use passed away instead.

Still R.I.P

Dude... they both mean the same thing. Stop finding reasons to get annoyed.

RIP
Yes they are mean the same thing but there is tonal difference with how it is used. And no I'm not annoyed or anything just stating my opinion.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 17, 2017 3:28 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Totally unexpected. You will be missed Hiromi :(

Nov 17, 2017 4:07 PM

Sep 2015
This is the first time I feel truly devastated by the death news of someone from this industry. Her voice as Bulma has accompanied me for years.

Rest in Peace. You will be always remembered, forever.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Nov 17, 2017 6:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Reactions of VAs after the announcement of her death.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-11-17/fellow-voice-actors-respond-to-hiromi-tsuru-passing/.124173

RIP
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 17, 2017 7:42 PM

May 2009
Rayzer said:

Chill dude, he actually gave you an explanation of how aortic dissection works in layman terms. The most frequent cause of aortic dissection is the rupture of an atheromatous plaque (cholesterol collections in the inner walls or arteries), there's quite a few other diseases that can cause it but they are rare and usually happen at an earlier age. Those plaques can form in pretty much everyone, sedentarism and unbalanced diets rich on carbs and saturated fats are important risk factors (that's not to mean a healthy life will prevent it completely, you could very well be vegan and still get them plaques, your risk just lowers compared to other people), while tobacco abuse and high blood pressure are associated with its rupture.
Nov 17, 2017 7:58 PM

Apr 2014
PaulNamida said:
Rayzer said:
Chill dude, he actually gave you an explanation of how aortic dissection works in layman terms. The most frequent cause of aortic dissection is the rupture of an atheromatous plaque (cholesterol collections in the inner walls or arteries), there's quite a few other diseases that can cause it but they are rare and usually happen at an earlier age. Those plaques can form in pretty much everyone, sedentarism and unbalanced diets rich on carbs and saturated fats are important risk factors (that's not to mean a healthy life will prevent it completely, you could very well be vegan and still get them plaques, your risk just lowers compared to other people), while tobacco abuse and high blood pressure are associated with its rupture.

I already know that, but those are just assumptions because they can't pin point it.
They just say a lot what possibly caused it. Those you said was much like prevention method not some real explanation.
Nov 17, 2017 8:15 PM

Dec 2008
Ulquiorra said:
Rest in peace Bulma.
Goku and all the others will miss you.
Madoka was my first anime crush, damn.

Same here, man. Who didn't love Ayukawa?
Nov 17, 2017 8:40 PM

May 2009
Rayzer said:
PaulNamida said:

I already know that, but those are just assumptions because they can't pin point it.
They just say a lot what possibly caused it. Those you said was much like prevention method not some real explanation.

Well, that's the point of those diseases, they are multifactorial, we can't pinpoint a single cause being the sole source. At best we can talk about probabilities and risk factors, but not say for sure "This made it happen." It sucks, but unfortunately, medicine is not deterministic
Nov 18, 2017 7:36 AM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
R.I.P :(((((((((((((((((((((
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Nov 18, 2017 9:41 AM

Apr 2008
hey..why are you guys complaining? I don't get it.

From what I gathered from others, including her many co-worker, she had a heart attack while driving. However, despite the pain or struggle she may have had, because such heart conditions bring a crap ton of trouble during the wheel, she managed to avoid getting other cars involved. She turned her hazard lights on and went on the shoulder. She also had health problems before this.

To have a consideration for others while in pain...It's so beautiful...

I'll never forget this. It's always everyone expressing the impact they felt from Tsuru's career and character.

Enjoy tributes:
https://twitter.com/RosauraGerissen/status/931435649915412480

https://twitter.com/taizen_ss_br/status/931358800136765440

https://twitter.com/6Konoha1006/status/931501012170424321

https://twitter.com/toufuyasoku/status/931477169808666625
Nov 18, 2017 10:37 AM

Dec 2015
oh damn, the voice of Bulma?
That's sad, RIP.

Wasshio said:
This is mysterious as hell how she died... but hopefully we get an clear answer to this.

Not really. It could very well just be a heart attack or respiratory failure.
If you are driving and you start to feel a heart attack or something coming on you would probably pull over and put your hazard lights on.

It's not really suspicious or mysterious at all.
Nov 18, 2017 10:59 AM

Jun 2016
The police is currently investigating the cause of her death, as she was reported to be found unconscious with her seat belt and hazard light on.

I wonder if they already know the cause of her death. Oh god. RIP, ma'am.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 18, 2017 10:48 PM

Nov 2007
Today's Dragon Ball Super broadcast reminding about her death. https://twitter.com/you_bet_11/status/932042894201929728

TheDoggoneGirl said:
I wonder if they already know the cause of her death.
Please check "Update" part of the news for the reason (at least the disease) has been mentioned.
tsubasaloverNov 19, 2017 5:27 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 19, 2017 12:00 AM

Apr 2014
tsubasalover said:
Today's Dragon Ball Super broadcast reminding about her death. https://twitter.com/you_bet_11/status/932042894201929728

TheDoggoneGirl said:
I wonder if they already know the cause of her death. Oh god. RIP, ma'am.
Please check "Update" part of the news for the reason has been mentioned (sort of because the cause of the reason is usually unknown).
Say what now? I got dizzy when reading this. (can't process your point.)
Nov 20, 2017 7:24 PM
Sep 2007
I am in shock...

Such a legendary voice actress.

Rest in peace. :(
Nov 21, 2017 12:31 AM
Apr 2013
RIP :( I used to hear her for years..
Nov 21, 2017 5:41 AM
Sep 2007
This picture of Bulma is so beautiful, and kind of fits now...

Nov 22, 2017 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
May she rest in peace.
Nov 26, 2017 10:31 AM

Mar 2009
This is beyond tragic! I heard that news so unexpectedly I was checking the news in Japan and then as a breaking news they show her actual car with the blinkers on the sideways !! I am so sad!

She will be missed I loved Mikami Reiko the priestess exorcist and of course Bulma and Ukyo that I loved in Ranma ! A legend seiyuu that we lost RIP
Nov 28, 2017 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
This woman deserves a shit tonne of respect for managing to pull her car over before she crashed into someone else. She must have a been terrified and still managed to make sure she didn't take some other driver down with her.

Loved the original Dragonball to bits as a kid, really sad that I'll never hear her do anything new.
Nov 30, 2017 7:24 PM

Aug 2010
Aw man, RIP. I'm glad she got to return as Bulma in Super for a bit.

I hope they wait a while before recasting Bulma.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 14, 2017 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
Miina Tominaga will replace her in Dokin-chan from Soreike! Anpanman
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1510884100
Dec 30, 2017 4:23 PM

Nov 2017
His voice will remain forever in our hearts ! :(
RIP.
Jan 19, 2018 4:01 AM
Jul 2015

You've done everything well. May you rest in peace
Jan 19, 2018 1:35 PM

Jan 2018
She voiced Madame Boss on the The Birth of Mewtwo of Pokemon radio drama.

I'll never forget her, she was one of the best seiyuu and for voicing Bulma was one of the famous she has ever had. You'll never be forgotten! :(

I hope they'll retire her character instead of replacing some of seiyuu who could fit her very well.
Feb 1, 2018 12:16 PM

Dec 2017
Rest In Peace Hiromi Tsuru
Your voice through the lips of Bulma, though ... would enchant in our heads forever
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2018 1:52 AM

Nov 2007
Aya Hisakawa will replace her in Bulma from Dragon Ball Super
https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status/964062878683688960
tsubasaloverFeb 15, 2018 3:17 AM
Feb 15, 2018 6:03 AM
Sep 2007
I don't think they could have found better successor.

Aya Hisakawa is crème de la crème seiyu.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
43 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 10 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.