Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2017 7:08 PM
Aug 2017
I don't know if its a burnout cuz i have watched like only 21 anime(excluding different seasons and movies for an anime). But is this natural ? i don't feel it to be interesting and don't get any interest at mostly anything anymore, also it seems i have become more cold. I tried watching food wars but it didn't get my interest also i have been on a week break since then and one part of my mind is like thinking which anime to watch next(ex-durarara!!, monster)
And another part is like cmon i feel boring watching anime now so why should i watch. I wanna know is this natural?

Edit:- its also the same case with manga
rogue-popsNov 15, 2017 1:21 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah it's definitely natural, people can get bored of hobbies after enjoying it for a while. Just take a break if needed, forcing yourself to watch anime won't make things better.

forum set by: bunnyama
Nov 14, 2017 7:16 PM

Mar 2015
Not normal on you, it's kinda rare even when u have watched tons of series and have some years into anime, I think you just don't enjoy anime
Nov 14, 2017 7:20 PM
Aug 2017
Nah i do enjoyed it ik my list isn't impressive tbh i have binged like 3-4 series in a break from school just a month ago
Nov 14, 2017 8:01 PM

Feb 2015
Well I never really get burned out because I migrate between different mediums... It's good to get a taste for everything... So you never get bored of anything because it's always different...

Nov 14, 2017 8:04 PM

Dec 2016
Yes it's natural, it's called law of demand; the more you consume of something in a given period of time, the less value you extract from the marginal consumption of that something.

The solution is pretty straight: reduce your rate of consumption, up to the point where you'll never get this feeling of completely losing interest in watching it.
Nov 14, 2017 8:17 PM
Aug 2017
what to do when u completely lose interest but u want to regain it.
i have grown out of many hobbies in the past but after doing them for a huge amount of time i have not spent such time for it the why so?
Nov 14, 2017 8:20 PM
Jul 2018
This happens to me all the time. I'll watch a really good anime, and then I'll just get totally burned out and hit a dryspot. I usually focus on something else until I feel like watching anime again. Don't try to force it though. it'll just make it worse.
Nov 14, 2017 8:23 PM

Oct 2015
Most of what you've watched is pretty similar so bound to get boring after a while. Try going out of your comfort zone and watching some different genres to mix it up a bit.
Nov 14, 2017 8:27 PM

Dec 2013
>burnout cuz i have watched like 21 anime

LOL...sorry

But yeah it's natural. Take a break or watch some great old stuff.
Nov 14, 2017 8:32 PM

Mar 2017
Pretty much what everyone else has said; time to switch it up and step out of your comfort zone. You can't watch the same thing all the time and not expect to get at least a little tired of it. Not binging everything might help too. Those cliffhangers will keep you coming back the next time.

Do what i do, and many others i'm assuming. I like to randomly skip around the recommendations and add anything to my plan to watch that i find even remotely interesting.
What's your rush now? Everyone will have his day to die.
Nov 14, 2017 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
I don't want to say this, but watch a few Misty Chonexia video(that's what I did for a year)
Nov 14, 2017 8:51 PM
Aug 2017
Gymkata said:
>burnout cuz i have watched like 21 anime

LOL...sorry

But yeah it's natural. Take a break or watch some great old stuff.

i said it because i have seen only 21 ik burnout does not occur like shit
Nov 14, 2017 8:54 PM
Aug 2017
maybe i just should take a long break and do some other hobbies in the mean time.
probably learn japanese ;)
Nov 14, 2017 9:26 PM

Jan 2010
kaneki112 said:
maybe i just should take a long break and do some other hobbies in the mean time.

Learning japanese is a good idea as it can boost your enjoyment in watching anime significantly.

Anyway, my advice is, find out what exactly things that you enjoy in an anime. It could be that you're a picky anime watcher unknowingly and so you can't enjoy just any anime. It has to be "this kind" of anime. So, I think you should find out what exactly you're looking for in anime.

I see you like Mirai Nikki, so maybe you like yandere, battle royale, action. Maybe you could try Juuni Taisen? or any yandere + action anime?

Try to understand your anime preferences better ;D
Nov 14, 2017 9:30 PM
Aug 2017
Shicchi said:
kaneki112 said:

Learning japanese is a good idea as it can boost your enjoyment in watching anime significantly.

Anyway, my advice is, find out what exactly things that you enjoy in an anime. It could be that you're a picky anime watcher unknowingly and so you can't enjoy just any anime. It has to be "this kind" of anime. So, I think you should find out what exactly you're looking for in anime.

I see you like Mirai Nikki, so maybe you like yandere, battle royale, action. Maybe you could try Juuni Taisen? or any yandere + action anime?

Sorry to disappoint u but i don't like yandere XD, i don't like yuno as well but i liked mirai nikki as a whole
Nov 14, 2017 9:44 PM

Dec 2015
Like everyone else has said try something out of your confort zone. If you only watch battle shounen it's bound to get boring after a while. Try watching genres you haven't seen like drama or horror (Tokyo Ghoul apparently doesn't count) and see if you like them or watch some of the real old stuff like Akira or Hokuto no Ken.
Nov 14, 2017 10:01 PM

Jan 2010
kaneki112 said:
Shicchi said:

Sorry to disappoint u but i don't like yandere XD, i don't like yuno as well but i liked mirai nikki as a whole

OH
Well that's surprising because I always find it hard to enjoy an anime when I dislike the main character.
I always thought the main highlight of Mirai Nikki is the legendary yandere, Yuno, lol

So, it's action packed battle royale then?
Maybe Juuni Taisen would be your cup of tea.
Nov 14, 2017 10:03 PM
Aug 2017
thanks every one for their replies probably the best forum to give such quick replies.
i have decide to continue my break for a few months and do all other sorts of thing(first have to deal with my exam :'( ... ).
Nov 15, 2017 1:19 AM

Sep 2017
Take a break dude. After taking a break I watched over 100 tv series in a year and probably more if ovas are included.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 15, 2017 2:04 AM

Feb 2013
no choice but to commit to sudoku now

as in the numbers puzzle game
Nov 15, 2017 2:09 AM
Aug 2017
romagia said:
no choice but to commit to sudoku now

as in the numbers puzzle game

sorry i hate numbers,maths and sudoku ;)
Nov 15, 2017 2:21 AM

Apr 2016
Burnout at 50 completed anime shows, damn how's that even possible.
Nov 15, 2017 2:25 AM

Jan 2014
just read manga instead, thats a fine break
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Nov 15, 2017 2:30 AM
Aug 2017
guulaash said:
just read manga instead, thats a fine break
i mentioned that it is the same case with manga
Nov 15, 2017 2:31 AM

May 2017
It's definitely not rare but too early cause u r saying you got bored after watching just 21 anime ,there are a ton of anime left to watch just enjoy ,to be honest I'm quite envious of you ,that you have so much to watch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2017 2:35 AM
Oct 2015
Take a little break maybe around a few weeks and in your leisure time find some other hobby to do while recovering from your burnt out
Heckle was here...
Nov 15, 2017 2:37 AM
Jan 2017
Only 21 animes and you already bored
Nov 15, 2017 2:58 AM
Aug 2017
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
It's definitely not rare but too early cause u r saying you got bored after watching just 21 anime ,there are a ton of anime left to watch just enjoy ,to be honest I'm quite envious of you ,that you have so much to watch

That's the only thing which worries me that there are so many anime left then why am i just bored with 21 maybe because i used to binge watch more
Nov 15, 2017 3:05 AM

Dec 2009
After looking at your list I can see why you're burnt out, or at least feel that way.

Just as everyone else said, go out of your comfort zone and watch something different than you normally would.

Take a break and focus on something else.

Sometimes I don't watch anything for a couple months and will get back into as if I hadn't left anime on the back burner at all.

Another thing I noticed is that I watch 'top -insert title here- of anime', like best fantasy or sport anime.

Which is actually would I would suggest for stepping out of the heavy battle and high action genre, maybe a sport anime to start off with as something different.

Nov 15, 2017 3:37 AM
Aug 2017
breathesunshine said:
After looking at your list I can see why you're burnt out, or at least feel that way.

Just as everyone else said, go out of your comfort zone and watch something different than you normally would.

Take a break and focus on something else.

Sometimes I don't watch anything for a couple months and will get back into as if I hadn't left anime on the back burner at all.

Another thing I noticed is that I watch 'top -insert title here- of anime', like best fantasy or sport anime.

Which is actually would I would suggest for stepping out of the heavy battle and high action genre, maybe a sport anime to start off with as something different.

yes probably i should change my genre(but after sometime as i am always stick to what i decide .p.s decided to take two months break :p)
yep i liked haikyuu!! it really was good but nowadays they are even releasing manga about golf.
i mean seriosly!!
Nov 15, 2017 3:39 AM
Aug 2017
Sakuyasama1000 said:
Only 21 animes and you already bored

i know i am pretty newbie as our country did not had any channels releasing anime so i had to find out for myself(only watched dbz,bakugan,pokemon,digimon,naruto as a kid).
Nov 15, 2017 4:00 AM

Apr 2016
This has never happened to me yet despite watching more than 400 anime.
If you are feeling burned out, I suggest taking a break. Do something else like your other hobbies.
Nov 15, 2017 4:06 AM
Aug 2017
Omkar_Nagwade said:
This has never happened to me yet despite watching more than 400 anime.
If you are feeling burned out, I suggest taking a break. Do something else like your other hobbies.

Wow 400, maybe it varies or probably i am the only one who is retarded.
Will try regaining my interest after 2 months. And i have a question do you binge watch?
Nov 15, 2017 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
*Get some rest homie...* and drink some plenty of tea...

Nov 15, 2017 4:14 AM

May 2017
kaneki112 said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:

That's the only thing which worries me that there are so many anime left then why am i just bored with 21 maybe because i used to binge watch more
naah that's definitely not the problem most of the people in their earlier stages binge watch anime that's what i did as well ,maybe you should take a small break
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2017 4:17 AM
Aug 2017
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
kaneki112 said:

naah that's definitely not the problem most of the people in their earlier stages binge watch anime that's what i did as well ,maybe you should take a small break

Yep i decided to take a break of 2 months and do all the other stuff to keep me distracted and will be happy if i regain my interest
Nov 15, 2017 4:20 AM
Aug 2017
HippySnob said:
*Get some rest homie...* and drink some plenty of tea...

First when u said homie i thought that there will be beer or alcohol after 'drink'
;)
Nov 15, 2017 4:22 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Well how did you get into the medium? Cause I feel most ppl who end up like this got into it through someone else
Nov 15, 2017 4:32 AM
Aug 2017
EcchiKingMamster said:
Well how did you get into the medium? Cause I feel most ppl who end up like this got into it through someone else
dragonballsuper<naruto<death note........ And the list goes further on with 18 more anime (naruto was introduced by one of my friend tho :3 ) further i binged watched naruto in like 2 months, thanks to session break from school.
Nov 15, 2017 4:39 AM
Aug 2017
pgmhecateii said:
I do get tired of it....but I still watch anyway. I don't want my anime to stack up and having to binge them all sometime.

Well when u say that do you watch with a lot of interest or just a grin in your face?
Nov 15, 2017 4:41 AM

Jul 2010
Haven't happened to me for over 10 years now since I got into it in high school but I also don't watch so much I burn out I also do other things like playing games, read manga etc sometimes so not like it's the only thing I consume.

I just get tired at certain genres sometimes instead, not really anime in general.
Nov 15, 2017 4:43 AM
Playing Violet

Jun 2017
NOT LIKING ANIME, HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBELE???!!!

Actually, as an actual answer, maybe a change of pace would be nice, also maybe change the activities you do, or try new things, and then you can come back next season or after a while, and trust me by experience when I say that, but if you lower the quantity of things you watch, and then restart watching stuff, you only have more things to watch in the end! Hope this was helpful^v^
Nov 15, 2017 4:44 AM

Jul 2014
Was sick of gaming ---> Boredom led me to try anime on a whim, despite having strong aversions ---> watched hundreds of anime ---> started enjoying gaming again ---> healthy 50/50 entertainment mix, can't see myself getting sick of any of the two again.

That said, I've been less productive making music and tabletop/ CCG gaming have been basically mothballed as hobbies.

TL;DR you need to balance more than 1 hobby.
Nov 15, 2017 4:57 AM

Jan 2017
I remember a couple years back I stopped watching anime almost entirely. I didn't fully invest myself again until two years later. Basically what I'm getting at is you can take breaks from anime and still come back full force. During that time I had watched the same amount of series as you too (I think I was at 30-ish).
And change your intensity every once in a while too. I binged about 50 series over the summer, but now that school's started I've only watched 15 shows in the same amount of time.
Pickled_ChipsNov 15, 2017 5:06 AM
Nov 15, 2017 5:09 AM

Jun 2012
Burning out is a normal thing, happens to me too, I take a break by playing games. And it's easier to regain my drive by watching anime with friends.
Nov 15, 2017 5:13 AM

Mar 2014
Get out now while you still have this chance!