Forum Settings
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2017 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The Margins of a Journey:

This story was not what I was expecting when I learned there was a volume 18, however I greatly enjoyed what I got. It's great to see Lawrence and Holo again, and it fascinating to see how both of them have changed over 10 years since the end of volume 16. What I enjoyed most what Lawrence's inability to accept that his daughter has eloped, when everyone around him can see that. He has always been a rational character in the story, so it was entertaining to see how irrational he was being. The moment with Kalm also served as a great opportunity to show how much Lawrence has matured in the decade since he met Holo.

The most disappointing aspect of this chapter is that Col and Myuri weren't present in it. Those two are the biggest change from the original series, and they had quite the impact in this chapter. Unfortunately, this volume was released in the same month of Col's and Myuri's novel seiries, Wolf & Parchment, that there was no desire to steal the thunder from the other release. My only hope is that stories concerning Myuri's childhood appear because I would love to see Lawrence and Holo go through the challenges of being a parent.

I conflict within the Church seems like an interesting plot line. I imagine that an event like the Protestant Reformation is occurring in Spice & Wolf and it looks like Col and Myuri will get caught up in the mix.
Phaetons_FollyNov 14, 2017 9:04 AM
Dec 22, 2017 7:12 PM

Jan 2017
Where did you read the other stories (Golden Memories...)? I only have The Margins of Journey :(
Dec 22, 2017 10:20 PM
May 13, 2020 10:29 PM

Dec 2010
It was interesting to finally see Myuri as the daughter, despite being simply introduced.

More topics from this board

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 4

JeremiahOrange - Nov 2, 2023

1 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 8, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 1

removed-user - Apr 9, 2016

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 3 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 19, 2015

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 2 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 17, 2015

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:52 AM

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 6

JeremiahOrange - Nov 6, 2023

0 by JeremiahOrange »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.