Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2017 4:20 AM

Jun 2012
Of course it's just a matter of time that Dusk realm will be discovered by other professional as well considering green adventurers manage too. And to make it interesting, let the monsters go wilder and destructive.

I'd be lying if I say I'm not interested with what happened between Kuzaku and Merry in the dark, but there ain't that much flag triggered for the last 3 volumes so their relationship might not be how Haru actually thought it is. In light of this, Haru accepted that he's in love with Merry so congrats to that but..... fuck it what about Mimorin? She's cute but yeah there's no going out with her if Haru still haven't fully given up and move on with Merry..... But seriously, GO TAKE SHIHORU!!!

And finally, Soma returned!! Along with another legendary Akira and his co-members. I like it how easily cliche it was describe the differences of the experienced strongest against the strongest geniuses. And even if they were hailed as superhumans, they can still die if luck abandons them. Surprisingly, Haru said some hypocritical heroic lines, I'm still wondering how did he arrived at that proposal but not that I mind idealistic characters, in fact I love them.

Lastly, everyone is still intact and new companions are with them, and now going to another world possibly tunneled by the gremlins!!! Well, it's slightly worrying where the hell did the TOKImune gang stumbled upon....
Nov 19, 2017 10:45 AM
Jul 2017
this volume was more focused on the action and the introduction of akira-san's group, it was nice to see soma's group and akira-san's group in action(they are really fucking overpowered, especially soma) but i really think we need more interaction between the members outside the battlefield, because this made the previous volumes more interesting(at least for me). when kuzaku joined the group i thought that there was going to be more dialogues between them(especially the boys) because moguzo was too reserved, but kuzaku is a very normal guy so i thought he was going to talk a lot with haruhiro but i was wrong(maybe this will start to happen in the next volumes i guess...) On the other hand, is very clear in this volume that haruhiro loved merry (the way i see it he still loves her,thats why he feels very uncomfortable with this whole situation) i think this will be very interesting, because even if haruhiro describes himself as someone really plain, hes still human an those emotions will show a side of him that nobody has seen yet, and will spice things up, so even if it breaks my heart, i hope kuzaku and merry are really interested in each other. And now they're going to a new world, so im very intrigued of what will come next.
Nov 19, 2017 11:08 AM
Jul 2017
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Of course it's just a matter of time that Dusk realm will be discovered by other professional as well considering green adventurers manage too. And to make it interesting, let the monsters go wilder and destructive.

I'd be lying if I say I'm not interested with what happened between Kuzaku and Merry in the dark, but there ain't that much flag triggered for the last 3 volumes so their relationship might not be how Haru actually thought it is. In light of this, Haru accepted that he's in love with Merry so congrats to that but..... fuck it what about Mimorin? She's cute but yeah there's no going out with her if Haru still haven't fully given up and move on with Merry..... But seriously, GO TAKE SHIHORU!!!

And finally, Soma returned!! Along with another legendary Akira and his co-members. I like it how easily cliche it was describe the differences of the experienced strongest against the strongest geniuses. And even if they were hailed as superhumans, they can still die if luck abandons them. Surprisingly, Haru said some hypocritical heroic lines, I'm still wondering how did he arrived at that proposal but not that I mind idealistic characters, in fact I love them.

Lastly, everyone is still intact and new companions are with them, and now going to another world possibly tunneled by the gremlins!!! Well, it's slightly worrying where the hell did the TOKImune gang stumbled upon....

yes i think that haru is misundertanding the relationship between merry and kuzaku, maybe mery is helping kuzaku overvcome the death of his comrades because she experienced this as well.

I also believe that haru is more aware of shihoru now, maybe is because he knows shes the most vulnerable member of the group, or perhaps hes starting to develop feelings for her, hope something interesting happens between them in the next volumes.
Nov 22, 2017 7:21 AM
Nov 2017
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

Yeah, I'm also curious as to what stage or how far is the relationship between Kuzaku and Mary/Merry but I do think it would be better if there is a romantic relationship between the two rather than just "being close relationship" cause that would be awkward and weird with how they interact with each other. And yes, I do like the notion of having Shihoru and Haruhiro as a pairing in the oncoming volumes cause it's a little bit of an oddball in terms of mainstream pairing (btw, I'm YumeXHaru initially but shifted to ShihoruXHaru by the 4th volume XD).

My overall opinion for the current volume is on the borderline of good and somewhat bad. Good for introducing new characters in the story, like Akira's party and the duo Lala and Nono as well as the return of Soma's party. Included in that is the battle against the hydras and the white god. Bad bits for me are those problems/issues left unanswered, which I hope would be answered in the next volume, such as Haruhiro's concern for being chosen as part of the DayBreakers and whether they would be able to go back safely (to Altana or the Post Settlement) or not, and parts wherein character development for the rest of the main characters (Ranta, Shihoru, Yume, Merry and Kuzaku) was kinda left out for the most part.

My main concern in the current volume is the lack of emotional stress or impact or something along those lines, aside from Haruhiro's broken heart, and closure wherein the previous volumes, the characters would agonize over the death of someone or avoiding death by paper-thin line while being able to solve/deal with the problem. Even with those, I would still wait for the next volume and hope to see any developments in regards to these concerns and find closure.
Kira_NashiraNov 22, 2017 7:26 AM
May 14, 2018 9:02 AM

Mar 2017
Yay Soma gets to show up again and I like the action scenes in this series (just wish i wasn't just waiting for the physical releases of this series as it is one of those series that makes me wish that i could read the next volume immediately).
Aug 9, 2018 9:30 AM

Aug 2016
This volume is full of action and Haru's self-pithiness or whatever. Of course he is like that like every volume and most time it's good and believable, it's build up characters and as someone really similar to Haru, I can relate. But man, it starting to go overboard.

There wasn't much space for other characters, basicaly any for other of out group, because Tokkis takes up to much space. Glad they got separated for while (I guess?) I mean, Haru's relations with Minorin and Anna was kinda fun, but rest, meh. Kikkawa is ok to help the party, Tokimune is just prince Charming with head in his ass and Tada is total jackass, Tada is the one who made thing moving this volume, but not way I like.

I really miss Grimgar's world building, Dusk realm isn't really anything what start my interest when we didn't even explore Wonder hole properly and I just can't believe that weak party with careful leader like Haru is gonna explore no problemo everyday place where healing magic is not working, not even demonic magic of already "useless" dread knight. It's really big bummer, half of Tokkis and Goblin Slayers are without they proper powers, because they both have several priest/paladins. And even other much experience party's clans, I don't really believe they would want to risk someplace without healing. They related on that maybe too much volumes before, so now when they are without it, it's not really believable.

Also, half of Grimgar is about how much money you make as volunteer soldier and how you survive with that, something writer starting also casually forget.

As things are I am not very happy but thing also stagnate in real life sometimes. Now we get to explore new realm in next volume and even though I am still disappointed it's not gonna be Grimgar (probably?), I still love this series and I am quiet hyped for what is gonna come.

Also I need more Shihoru, I am sure she's a bit into Haruhiro.
Martin_TaylorJun 15, 2019 1:02 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2019 5:02 PM

Mar 2019
Well after a break from the world of Grimgar I returned to finish volume 6. Man oh man has the last two volumes become tedious. The dusk realm is just kind of boring? The lack of character development with our main characters has become noticeable and having to read Haruhiro constantly moping about has become borderline insanity.

There was far too many characters mashed into this with countless pages being the same with cultists dropping left right and centre. It felt like our main group were side characters barely even getting a mention in the back half. On the plus side it seems like they are going off into another realm "again" whether that's good or not I'll find out.

Highlight off this whole novel was the giant falling into the valley and Kikkawa randomly shouting "Happy new year! Wow!" he certainly has an amusing personality that helped with the repetitive boredom of the past two volumes.

@Martin_Taylor thoughts? Does it improve again soon?
Jun 13, 2019 5:36 AM
Mar 2016
Swizze said:
Well after a break from the world of Grimgar I returned to finish volume 6. Man oh man has the last two volumes become tedious. The dusk realm is just kind of boring? The lack of character development with our main characters has become noticeable and having to read Haruhiro constantly moping about has become borderline insanity.

There was far too many characters mashed into this with countless pages being the same with cultists dropping left right and centre. It felt like our main group were side characters barely even getting a mention in the back half. On the plus side it seems like they are going off into another realm "again" whether that's good or not I'll find out.

Highlight off this whole novel was the giant falling into the valley and Kikkawa randomly shouting "Happy new year! Wow!" he certainly has an amusing personality that helped with the repetitive boredom of the past two volumes.

Let me tell you this, the next volume is the best volume until now
Volumes 7~11 is the best part in the series so better not take another break until you finish the 11th volume
(8+9) and (10+11) for each pair the two volumes are connected, so if you're reading the physical volumes it's better to order 8 with 9 and 10 with 11
Jun 15, 2019 12:57 AM

Aug 2016
Swizze said:

It gets much better very next volume. It has best tropes of good old Grimgar.

@Dali14 Looks like they know about your recommendation on amazon as well. I am currently past volume 9 since february, now I have to wait till august and october to get paperback of volume 10 and 11.
Martin_TaylorJun 15, 2019 1:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2019 1:01 AM

Mar 2019
@Dali14 @Martin_Taylor god I hope so. Last two volumes have been a big let down.
Jun 15, 2019 1:04 AM

Aug 2016
I am glad I am not only one who see volume 5 and 6 kinda meh, compare to rest. Not gonna lie, when I got those paparbacks back then, I still read them in one go.
Jul 5, 2019 5:40 PM

Aug 2016
Swizze said:
@Dali14 @Martin_Taylor god I hope so. Last two volumes have been a big let down.

Hey, read volume 7 yet?
Jul 5, 2019 5:44 PM

Mar 2019
Martin_Taylor said:
Swizze said:

Hey, read volume 7 yet?

Unfortunately not, I'm in the middle of looking for work after my studies completed so I haven't had much time to catch up on everything.
Jul 5, 2019 5:57 PM

Aug 2016
@Swizze Damn, friend. What a Shame. Volume 7 should really get you taste better after Dusk-realm arc. For me it certainly did. But novels don't run away. Good luck with work and all.
Jul 5, 2019 6:54 PM

Mar 2019
@Martin_Taylor I'll get around to it again, I find if I rush through things too quickly as well I can have a tendency to be put off by them and after smashing out 6 volumes relatively quickly I'm just having a break from Grimgar for now. And thanks!
Aug 27, 2019 7:20 AM

Feb 2018
Is This NTR? xD.. no please :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Chapter 19 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 22

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 22, 8:42 PM

» Volume 3 review what do you like about it the most

Hello0809 - Nov 22, 2023

1 by Zirotaku »»
Feb 13, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 17 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jul 16, 2021

1 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 17, 2023 7:50 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 15 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Aug 7, 2020

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:15 AM

» Will it ever end?

Yuyu-haku-bro - Sep 11, 2021

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.