Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 13, 2017 3:11 AM

Sep 2016
I haven't yet started any Fall animes as I am waiting for more episodes to release. But I want to know what are your impressions so far. Here is a list of what I plan to watch soon.

-Code Realize: Sousei no Himegimi
-Dies Irae
-Garo: Vanishing Line
-Houseki no Kuni
-Inuyashiki
-Junnai Taisen
-Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
-Mahoutsukai no Yome
-Black Clover
-Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken

Could you guys maybe give me your impressions on these animes. Any anime I should avoid from this list? Any other anime that's not listed that is deemed really good and popular? Thanks.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 13, 2017 3:15 AM

Aug 2017
Its going quite decent, Enjoying Inuyashiki a lot currently.
Nov 13, 2017 3:17 AM

Jul 2017
you're missing net juu no susume its good especially if you like mmos
Nov 13, 2017 3:19 AM

May 2014
It's quite good so far actually, and my favourite being Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Nov 13, 2017 3:20 AM

Feb 2010
Here you go

-Code Realize: Sousei no Himegimi - extremely mediocre and not worth watching probably unless you're a fujo who loves these otome games
-Dies Irae - from what I know the visuals are shit because the show has too little budget by a large margin
-Garo: Vanishing Line - prolly good
-Houseki no Kuni - hidden gem of the season, very recommendable
-Inuyashiki - prolly great
-Junnai Taisen - prolly good
-Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - how can it not be great?
-Mahoutsukai no Yome - prolly decent
-Black Clover - Check out the voice acting videos about asta before you make a decision
-Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken - another one of those shitty harems that disguise themselves as a romance. triggered
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 13, 2017 3:20 AM

Feb 2013
alright but nothing revolutionary except for Pingu
Nov 13, 2017 4:06 AM

Sep 2017
Disappointing like the rest of the 2017 anime roster. All I can look forward is their op and eds since its decent. Story wise next please.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 13, 2017 4:08 AM

Feb 2016
Nothing really,
just watching MMO Junkie and Cultivator Girlfriend the rest is pretty much a ill never continue this
Nov 13, 2017 4:26 AM

Oct 2015
Net-juu, Inuyashiki and UQ Holder are okay. UQ made me read the manga though. Despite what majority thinks, I like Black Clover, still shite, but enjoyable shite. And I am one of the few that don't mind his voice. To be fair, I enjoy garbage show anyway as long they are not a 1/10 to my eyes.

Haven't checked out Kekkai Sensen recent episodes though. And I want to watch that Girl's World Tour.
-Lofn-Nov 13, 2017 5:58 AM

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Nov 13, 2017 4:41 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty great so far, foremeost the sequels like 3-gatsu and Foodwars, also Inuyashiki,but yeah,there's the obligatory shit as always too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 13, 2017 5:39 AM
Aug 2016
Besides shitty Black Clover, Inuyashiki which is starting to annoy me and decently looking Mahoutsukai no Yome, I dunno?
Nov 13, 2017 5:58 AM

Mar 2012
Pullman said:
-Code Realize: Sousei no Himegimi - extremely mediocre and not worth watching probably unless you're a fujo who loves these otome games
It's reverse harem with straight ships not shounen-ai -_- I bet fujos would want to stay away from anything with a female lead given how they hate on female characters most of the time.

OT: I'm definitely enjoying this season more than the previous one. I personally like Inuyashiki, Ousama Game (I know, MAL hates it) and Mahoutsukai no Yome. Net-juu no Susume was a bit of a surprise later, I'm glad I didn't drop it after the first 2 episodes or so. Among the ones I'm continuing with Sengoku Night Blood is most probably the worst.
Nov 13, 2017 6:03 AM

Jun 2015
this is probably my favorite season of this year, i enjoy all the anime ive chosen to watch so far.
Nov 13, 2017 6:03 AM

Feb 2010
Maou_heika said:
Pullman said:
It's reverse harem with straight ships not shounen-ai -_- I bet fujos would want to stay away from anything with a female lead given how they hate on female characters most of the time.

OT: I'm definitely enjoying this season more than the previous one. I personally like Inuyashiki, Ousama Game (I know, MAL hates it) and Mahoutsukai no Yome. Net-juu no Susume was a bit of a surprise later, I'm glad I didn't drop it after the first 2 episodes or so. Among the ones I'm continuing with Sengoku Night Blood is most probably the worst.

I'm pretty sure Otome Games are aimed at fujos tho? Idk who else would play these games/watch these anime. There's still a shitton of guys to ship with each other and the female lead is just the character the player plays in the game.
Nov 13, 2017 6:05 AM

Apr 2017
Meh..

Too normie and less trashy season filled with cheap third rate shitty animation HUR DUR DUR DUR
-HippySnob-Nov 13, 2017 6:25 AM

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Nov 13, 2017 6:09 AM

Mar 2016
Pullman said:
Maou_heika said:

I'm pretty sure Otome Games are aimed at fujos tho? Idk who else would play these games/watch these anime. There's still a shitton of guys to ship with each other and the female lead is just the character the player plays in the game.

I'm a straight guy and I've played one or two otome games. I'm sure some normal females enjoy them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2017 6:13 AM

Mar 2012
Pullman said:
Maou_heika said:

Are you ignoring the existence of female anime fans who don't like BL stuff? Besides if you are playing the game then you will have to gain points and unlock some events with one of the guys, there's very little scope for seeing and shipping the guys with each other, fujos definitely wouldn't want that.
Nov 13, 2017 6:14 AM

May 2016
Funny how Black Clover is the only anime in that list I'm currently watching...

And you probably won't like it. You need a state of mind on my level in order to don't mind Asta's voice, the slow pacing, and the algamation of shounen tropes.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Nov 13, 2017 6:39 AM

Feb 2010
Maou_heika said:
Pullman said:

Are you ignoring the existence of female anime fans who don't like BL stuff? Besides if you are playing the game then you will have to gain points and unlock some events with one of the guys, there's very little scope for seeing and shipping the guys with each other, fujos definitely wouldn't want that.

there's very little scope for shipping in 90% of what fujos watch to ship guys, like pretty much all those sports anime or Battle Shounen. As far as I can tell a lot of guys is all they need *shrugs*.

But yeah I might be inflating 'rotten' or' dirty-minded' (which is kinda what fujo means translated) female anime fans in general with homo-only ones for the sake of simplicity, but then again the few people I know on MAL who actually liked other otome game adaptions and didn't just watch them for the shits and giggles are all actual fujos so there's that too. And I don't think you need to be only interested in gay ships to be a fujo, as long as it's one of your hobbies the term fujo applies or would you disagree?

I'm not doubting that there are people who never cared about gay ships in their life enjoying those games, but I'm not sure I believe the majority of their target audience are like that. But maybe I'm wrong, I don't have the statistics or anything, just based on my own experiences with people who did enjoy those kind of shows in the past.
Nov 13, 2017 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty usual, "person meets group of people, gotta protect her from evil government" plot. I don't recommend it.

Action. That's all it has going for it. If you don't like the action, don't watch it.

-Inuyashiki
An interesting take on superheroes. MC is a sweet old man that's too likeable. Main villain is pretty complex and interesting. Definitely watch.

-Junnai Taisen
I don't understand why people like this. It's a weird, edgy, dull, battle royale anime, where the new main perspective character dies every episode, and everyone seems to have these insanely edgy backstories. Boring.

Eh, season 1 is 100x better, but if you want more Kino, then this is fine too, even though it lacks the poetic atmosphere and messages of season 1.

-Mahoutsukai no Yome
I don't think it's anywhere near as good as people make it out to be, but it's definitely worth watching. One of those, "look how enchanting I aaaamm" anime.

-Black Clover
Main character...won't....shut up. Generic shounen action series. If you've seen Naruto, you've seen this.

At first, the sexual autistic humour is funny...than it quickly wears itself down. Especially with the episode of the mom training her baby about sex...ugh.

Other anime:

Girls' Last Tour:
A very chill, optimistic anime, despite it being set in a shitty post apocalyptic world. Not as relaxing as something like Mushishi or Natsume's Book of Friends, but really chill stuff. My favorite of this season.

Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara:
Every episode is only 2 min, and main girl becomes ultimate waifu when she gets drunk. A pleasant time.

King's Game:
So bad it's good. Watch with friends if you can, just to make fun of how bad it is.

Nov 13, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2017
I'm watching Shokugeki and Inuyashiki and i'm enjoying them so far

Nov 13, 2017 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
Blend S (Good)
Inuyashiki (Good)
Just Because! (Not so bad, but not so good either)
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (Good)
Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season (Meh, too late to drop)
Mahoutsukai no Yome (Good)
Net-juu no Susume (Good)
Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara (Just taking notes of drinks)
Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara (Good)

The rest was dropped like Ousama Game, Imouto sae Ireba ii, etc
Nov 13, 2017 7:10 AM

Mar 2017
Code Realize: Sousei no Himegimi - Reverse harem disguised as romance.
-Dies Irae - 3 episodes into, not a single clue what is going on.
-Garo: Vanishing Line - mhmm, not bad.
-Houseki no Kuni - not dubbed, didn't watch
-Inuyashiki - not dubbed, didn't watch
-Junnai Taisen - i dare you if you find whose the MC is. also, people be killing each other for getting their wish granted. also character with most screen time dies per episode.
-Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - reverse trap talking to a motorbike
-Mahoutsukai no Yome - better than all of above
-Black Clover - dub voice > sub voice
-Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken - perv girl
Nov 13, 2017 7:24 AM

Mar 2014
Pullman said:
Maou_heika said:

From the one otome I played, I hated it because the male characters sucked and the bad ending was disturbing. Being a fujo has nothing to do with it.
Every otome always has one psychotic dude. Don't think they're common in normal harems.

On topic- I like the terrible taste of the season, I'm enjoying King's Game, MMO Junkie and Black Clover. Mahoutsukai no Yome seems to just be which monster will try and kidnap her this episode.
Nov 13, 2017 7:32 AM

Apr 2016
I've got a lot to watch this season because of all the really good anime airing this time.
I am planning to start more either now or after the show finishes airing. Houseki no Kuni and Net Juu no Susume.

Other than the airing anime I've also got leftovers from previous season and older anime to watch. I'm very satisfied right now.
Nov 13, 2017 7:33 AM

Mar 2012
Pullman said:
there's very little scope for shipping in 90% of what fujos watch to ship guys, like pretty much all those sports anime or Battle Shounen. As far as I can tell a lot of guys is all they need *shrugs*.

But yeah I might be inflating 'rotten' or' dirty-minded' (which is kinda what fujo means translated) female anime fans in general with homo-only ones for the sake of simplicity, but then again the few people I know on MAL who actually liked other otome game adaptions and didn't just watch them for the shits and giggles are all actual fujos so there's that too. And I don't think you need to be only interested in gay ships to be a fujo, as long as it's one of your hobbies the term fujo applies or would you disagree?

I'm not doubting that there are people who never cared about gay ships in their life enjoying those games, but I'm not sure I believe the majority of their target audience are like that. But maybe I'm wrong, I don't have the statistics or anything, just based on my own experiences with people who did enjoy those kind of shows in the past.
Yes they do that, the genres don't even matter as long as there are lots of guys but that doesn't necessarily mean that the target audience are fujos for those series.

Otome games are basically dating sims for girls, wouldn't that in itself make the targeted audience females in general? They are not selling or advertising it as romance between guys but rather as something where the player can pick one of the guys and reach an ending with him.

I'm not talking about what fujos in particular like or dislike but about the contents of the anime itself. If you say "fujo" anyone would immediately think that it's either shounen-ai or has plenty of hinting/pandering which is different than reverse harem.

Nov 13, 2017 7:34 AM

Feb 2016
We have Pingu, nothing more to ask. Anime is saved.
Nov 13, 2017 7:34 AM

Apr 2016
blu3_puls3 said:
I haven't yet started any Fall animes as I am waiting for more episodes to release. But I want to know what are your impressions so far. Here is a list of what I plan to watch soon.

-Dies Irae
-Houseki no Kuni
-Inuyashiki
-Junnai Taisen
-Mahoutsukai no Yome
-Black Clover

Could you guys maybe give me your impressions on these animes. Any anime I should avoid from this list? Any other anime that's not listed that is deemed really good and popular? Thanks.

I suggest watching Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Konohana Kitan and Blend S. Maybe avoid Shobitch.
Nov 13, 2017 7:41 AM

Jul 2013
The second season of 3-gatsu no Lion is AOTS, just like how the first season was in Fall of the last year (and this Winter). Mahoutsukai no Yome would be a close second if we don't count sequels, but it's a hit-or-miss more of times, and there are episodes who are pretty good, and other who are just okay (like the last one), but so far, it has been mostly good, so...

Out of the new stuff who aired this season, my favourite so far has been Juuni Taisen. The idea of a battle royale recreating the tale of the Chinese Zodiac is attractive, the designs of the characters are ridiculous, but at the same time awesome, and I love how each week people get salty and rage due the execution of the series. Nisio is indeed a fucking troll, and this time is not the exception. The only downside is that I heard there were some parts of the novel explaining the backstory of some characters who were removed, and that is sad.

About the rest, Black Clover hasn't had the best start, but I hope it gets better later, since it has still 45 episodes to become interesting, and the visuals for the fight scenes are good for the moment, so I still have hopes in it; Net-juu no Susume is a nice anime and I love the main character so far, though I don't know where the story is going for now; and Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara is a chill anime who makes me sad because I will never have a waifu as perfect as Chi-chan in my life.

Now, we have the trainwrecks of the season; Ousama Game and Dies Irae. About Ousama Game I already said a lot previously here and in the subforum of the series, and I will only say it's the rightful successor of Mayoiga. I expected a trainwreck, and that was what I found; and I don't regret anything.
Dies Irae, on the other hand, is something I ended enjoying each episode it pass. The episode 0 was a complete mess, and the next one was average, but the series has became more ridiculous and strangely enjoyable after that, and between all that word salad and edgy nazi stuff, I'm having some fun with the series. The main character is surprisingly nice too.

Respecting the other sequels; Shokugeki no Souma 3 has started well, but I fear things will turn worse considering what I heard about the current arc. It doesn't helps things have been too cheesy even for the series. And about Kekkai Sensen, it delivers my weekly dosis of over-the-top well animated action scenes, though I wish they will center a bit in Leo's goal in Hellsalem's lot, but, well, time will tell.

For last, the leftovers of the previous season. Fate/Apocrypha is meh so far, the stuff with Jack the Ripper was uninteresting and Jeanne is still the best waifu, as always. I'm hoping things will spice up a bit now that we will have entered in the final battle. I hope for some awesomeness of part of Achilles and Karna.
Shoukoku no Altair has returned to the super rushed pace it had at the beginning after how good the arc of the civil war was, and it's a pity, because the series could have been much better. Still some hope that they will adapt the final episodes well.

Tl;dr: It's the best season of the year so far (who is not a very big feat, but still).
IllyricusNov 13, 2017 12:47 PM
Nov 13, 2017 7:42 AM

Dec 2014
Houseki no Kuni is - at the moment - besides Owarimonogatari 2nd my anime of the year. rest of my fall anime are still very decent (Ancient Magus Bride) to bullshit (King's Game)
Nov 13, 2017 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
Do yourself a favor and go watch 3-gatsu no lion. The sequel is doing great just like season one. Believe me, it's worth your time.

And for the ones you listed, I can say only Inuyashiki would be the best out of all.
Nov 13, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2015
1. Pingu in the City

I haven't seen anything else but I'm 99% sure Pingu in the City is better.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 13, 2017 8:14 AM

Sep 2015
There are some pretty good contenders for my Top 10 at the end of the year.

Highlights:

Recovery of a MMO Addict has been my favourite so far. The characters are fantastic to watch every week and it's the first time in a while where I've been actively rooting for a romance to come to fruition in a while. And the way the show explores the social anxiety of the main character is really interesting. It uses comedy to do that but is also really honest and sympathetic about it.

Just Because is also another great show from this season that has expertly presented bullshit teenage drama in a meaningful and articulate way. It's been a nice surprise so far and can't wait to see where the rest of the anime goes.

Land of the Lustrous has been an incredible highlight for CG animation this season. In fact, it's been blowing most traditional anime out of the water in terms of aesthetics in general. And it also offers a story filled with characters with various personalities that are funny, creative, and emotionally engaging.

Middle stuff:

Juni Taisen has been a bit disappointing just cause of how predictable it is. Like even without paying attention to the spoilers in the OP I was able to predict who was going to win the war literally cause of one thing they say about this character. But like @Illyricus said, Nisio loves to troll and it does continue to be a fun experience.

Haven't watched much of The Ancient Magus Bride but at this point I feel more inclined to read the manga. It's not like it's bad but I have this nagging feeling that it could be better.

Shit Anime:

Inuyashiki has been an incredibly inconsistent anime so far, both in terms of the writing and general editing of certain scenes. The main problem I have with it though is with the character of Hiro. He's a very nihilistic, edgy teen so I can understand some of his actions, but his character at times is so poorly written.
amk_2397Nov 13, 2017 8:37 AM
Nov 13, 2017 8:22 AM

Jan 2017
From your list I am watching Black Clover, Kino's Journey, Mahoutsukai no Yome and Houseki no Kuni.

I dropped Code realize (it was meh) and Inuyashiki (disturbing violence)

My favorite of the new season would be Houseki no Kuni.

Nov 13, 2017 8:57 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Definitly the best season this year, its the season where i still keep watching the most title at the halfway point of the season (16) and i only dropped 2 (black clover and evil or live) and put one on-hold (blend s)

The only one that is pretty shit that i keep going is Ousama Game because of dat glorious trainwreck, the rest of them i find at least some enjoyability from it (Even imouto sae ireba ii surprisingly)

Also, i didnt even try Houseki no Kuni which is something i want to try but felt like at this point i ave too much to watch so ill try to watch at the end of the season i guess.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 13, 2017 9:05 AM

Sep 2010
Black Clover (5/10) - generic Shounen so far, but I'll stick with it since it has a medieval setting. Asta's voice is annoying though I feel bad for the Actor/Actress their throat must be on fire after all that screaming.

Himouto! Umaru-chan R (7/10) - Still as fun as the first season and a better opening this time around.

Inuyashiki (9/10) - Easily my favorite anime of the season I like the fact that there is an elderly as a protagonist. At first I thought by looking at both MAL pages how are they going to cram 97 chapters into 11 episodes then I took a closer look at the Pub dates and realized it was a either a weekly or bi-weekly release so I'm glad they will be animating the entire thing. Best opening of the season.

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond (8/10) - I think I'm enjoying this season a lot better than the first I guess I just wasn't really a big fan of the filler and filler characters?

Mahoutsukai no Yome (8/10) - I like the premises and so far its really really good. Also home to my second fav opening of the season.

Net-juu no Susume (6/10) - Its a good show, but its not as good as I thought it would be. I like the irl/rl interactions between certain characters.

Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara (7/10) - really good for a short series plus it tells you how to make the drinks that appear in each episode. xD

Osomatsu-san 2nd Season (8/10) - a score lower than the first season I don't know I just don't get many laughs out of it this time around.

Ousama Game The Animation (4/10) - One big flashback I mean what is the point of the current cast? The previous game should've been summarized in like two episodes.

I dropped Kino's Journey due to my work/online schedule I think I'll go back and finish it once its completed one day. I do love the character designs though.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 13, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2016
blu3_puls3 said:

-Dies Irae
-Houseki no Kuni
-Inuyashiki
-Junnai Taisen
-Mahoutsukai no Yome
-Black Clover

out of your list I ve seen 1 epi of code realize and I liked it so far but its only the first episode the girl seems like she'll fall in the trope of not being able to do much on her own or at all aka useless

inuyashiki : is one of my favorite so far, love the premise of the show and the mc isnt a teenager or young adult male NANIIIII

kino... : is a good one pretty simple mc travels to different countries which makes me interested in the original kino anime

Junnai Taisen : is one I'm liking as well Im curious to see who be the last person standing in this free for all

Mahoutsukai no Yome havent seen it yet but if its anything the like ova's Im sure itll be dope

Black Clove is on my ptw list but Im hearing nothing but negative criticism
Nov 13, 2017 9:29 AM

Feb 2016
Houseki no Kuni is the gem among the gems.
Nov 13, 2017 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
So far, it is pretty good. I feel like it is much better than last season. My only complaint is that some animes don't have enough episodes (like 10 or 11).
Nov 13, 2017 9:37 AM

Sep 2015
might be worse than summer and summer was shit
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Nov 13, 2017 9:43 AM

Mar 2017
Dies Irae - too many blinks in the op; bad animation
Garo: Vanishing Line - meh
Houseki no Kuni - decent/good cg
Inuyashiki - pretty good except for cg
Junnai Taisen - nice fight scenes
Mahoutsukai no Yome - depends on your taste for fantasy-themed shows
Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken - Netoge using Seitokai Yakuindomo jokes

Animegataris is a nice new show for this season

red-tomatoNov 13, 2017 9:46 AM
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 13, 2017 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
@Pullman: I do get what you are saying. Yeah, fujos don't really care about canon and they like wherever content that has a lot of male characters on it, so they can ship them. But, I guess, playing an otome game can be pretty frustrating to a hardcore fujo because the guys on these games are SUPER STRAIGHT FOR YOU. They don't care about each other, they want your vagina. The animes are normally harem where the MC don't choose anyone, so it is probably more fujo friendly XD

Anyways, onto the topic I'm actually enjoying this season! But I will just comment on the animes I'm watching.

-Inuyashiki: Seems interesting so far. It makes you ask yourself what you would do with such powers and the reasons of each character. I think the antagonist needs a little bit more development, but it is still episode 5, there is time. It was endearing enough for me to go read the manga when it is finished. :)
Check it out if you like scifi and questionable protagonists.

-Junni Taisen: Really meh. Is not that bad, but it is being really bland so far. I guess you are going to enjoy more if you are a fan of the author, apparently if you don't like it it's because you don't understand how genius the guy is, so...
Check it out if you liked the monogatari series. :)

-Mahoutsukai no Yome: I love slow paced series so I'm love with this one. Of course they have the problem of maybe building up a lot of expectation and falling short, but hey, it is still episode 6 out of 24. The world build is interesting and the visuals are pretty. Also, questionable relationships and shaddy characters add to the magical dark atmosphere.
Check it out if you have patience with slow paced anime.

My personal recommendations would be:
Sangatsu no Lion Second Season: Of course you need to watch the first season. Good drama, good characters, good visuals, good music...this anime has evrything. Not action packed, so don't go expecting DBZ from it.
Animegataris: Cute silly anime about...an anime club. Full of references. Not THAAAAAT funny but I'm enjoying it.
Hoozuki no Reitetsu Second Season: It is better if you watch the first season. Comedy slice of life (or of death) anime about Hell.
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau: Beautiful visuals and music, it can go really wrong tho. Thus far it is okay.
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou: One of my favorites, looks like a silly moe anime but there is more to it.
taynisNov 13, 2017 10:12 AM

Nov 13, 2017 10:01 AM

Apr 2016
Couple average shows, some good rest is meh, at least for me.
Nov 13, 2017 10:04 AM

Mar 2016
Besides Black clover, not bad at all tbh.
Nov 13, 2017 10:47 AM

Sep 2017
Blend S (Good but starting to lose interest)
Inuyashiki (Good but starting to lose interest)
Just Because! (I'm biased towards romance animes, so... good. )
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau (Plan to Watch)
Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season (Not interested)
Mahoutsukai no Yome (Great, beautiful)
Net-juu no Susume (Not interested)
Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara (Nice to watch after all the animes that air on Tuesday)
Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara (Great, I follow the manga so... shit will be awesome)
Code Realize: Sousei no Himegimi (Not interested)
Dies Irae (Not interested)
Garo: Vanishing Line (Not interested)
Houseki no Kuni (Not interested)
Junnai Taisen (Fine)
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World (PTW)
Black Clover (Go for the manga)
Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken (Dropped after episode 2)
3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season (GO WATCH THAT SHIT NOW!)
Ballroom e Youkoso (2nd half): Why aren't you dancing!? Anime is great though (Manga is better)
Imouto sae Ireba Ii (Meh... at least is better than Eromanga-sensei)

- AOTS: 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season

- AOTS (non sequel): Mahoutsukai no Yome

- Runners-up: Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara, Ballroom e Youkoso

- Honourable mention: Pingu in the City

Edit: Stay away from Ousama Game please.

Nov 13, 2017 11:54 PM

Apr 2016
OP's list seems action/shounen-centric, but you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you don't give some of the other genres a try.

At the halfway point of the season, imho so far:

Cream of the crop:
- 3-Gatsu no Lion. After a so-so start to the 2nd season, series has started to flex its muscles and roared its way to AOTS contention. Gorgeous colourful art and animation, backed by a strong story and cast. Worthy successor to season 1.

- Houseki no Kuni. Give the damn VA award to Kurosawa Tomoyo already. Look past the 3DCGI discrimination, and you get a beautifully drawn and fluidly animated story of wonder, mystery and action. It's all topped off by a superb cast of characters and their voice actors; producing some of the most awe inspiring and funniest scenes of the season. Strong AOTS contender.

- Just Because. It feels like they're aiming for a grown-up version of Tsuki ga Kirei, and for the most part, they're hitting the strike zone. Character interactions, so important to a drama-type show, has been on point; and there's enough intrigue in the story to pull you along. Great show.

Shows definitely worth checking out:
- Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryoukou. It's a soul healer. So chill.
- Mahoutsukai no Yome. Beautifully drawn and animated. Something feels missing though, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Shows that are still enjoyable and watchable:
- Inuyashiki. started strong, but seems to be losing its way
- Juuni Taisen. trying too hard to be smart, but still an enjoyable ride
- Net-juu no Susume. charming show
- Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau. beautifully painted art, but story and direction is a little all over the place
- Garo: Vanishing Line. decent brainless flick.
- UQ Holder. Surprisingly decent for a generic shounen type.
- Kino no Tabi. fairly average show so far. Nothing really sucks you in, but doesn't turn you off either.

Others on your list:
- Code Realize. Love the VA, but first two episodes bored me to hell.
- Dies Irae. wtf did I watch. Felt like the budget ran out after the trailer. Choppy direction and animation. Storyline to nowhere. Not a good combo.
- Shobitch. Actually not too bad of a show. Has some funny moments, but otherwise nothing that really stands out among the zillion other school rom-coms.

- Black Clover. Controversial is putting it mildly. Art and music is good; but the rest of the show is just godawful. Asta's voice isn't even the problem, like most people think. It's the way they keep recycling the same grating scream and lines that eventually makes you want to stick a dagger in your ear. The direction, story and dialog is just so childishly done, it could be funny, if not for Asta's constant reminder that he's there. If you value your sanity, avoid.

Nov 14, 2017 12:22 AM
Jul 2015
Shit. Like every other season. Why bother asking? But seriously, it's pretty good.

-Code Realize: Sousei no Himegimi - It's decent. It's a reverse harem, so if that's your thing you'll probably like it. The setting is cool and the story is interesting enough. Plus, bonus points because Kaji Yuki is the villain.

-Dies Irae - Meh. The animation isn't great and it had a very rough and confusing start. But from what VN readers have said it seems to have gotten back on track (5/11 episodes in though.

-Garo: Vanishing Line - Never seen a Garo anime before this, but, so far I'm really enjoying it. It's pretty action heavy and the show (so far) has been mostly episodic.

-Inuyashiki - Made by MAPPA with an OP by Man with a Mission was enough to sell me. Although, I have mixed feelings with this one. Inuyashiki is getting better and better as the show goes on and I'm really starting to like him. But, the main villain is (so far) a boring no depth, no motive character. And his VA isn't very good.

-Junni Taisen - Pretty good so far. My only complaint is peoples deaths are a bit anticlimactic.

-Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - Really good. It's a very relaxing show with a lot of interesting settings.

-Mahoutsukai no Yome - Very beautiful. Loving it so far. But, it's a little slow, so it might turn some people off.

-Black Clover - The MC Finishes every sentence like thiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssss. It's really annoying (blame the production company). It also started of very very slow. But, it seems to be getting better and it's (slowly) growing on me.

-Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken - A very meh show. It's a harem/romance that tries for alot of lewd jokes. Sometimes they land, but a lot of times they miss (though that depends on your sense of humor). The MC is also kind of a bitch.

As far as recommendations: Blend S has been pretty funny so far (again it depends on your sense of humor), and Net-juu no Susume has (oddly enough) become one of the shows I look forward watching every week.
Nov 14, 2017 12:38 AM

Feb 2015
Kinda like how Imouto sae is going to be honest. Pretty interesting how 3-gatsu no Lion too is progressing and Blend S is quite funny to watch.
Nov 14, 2017 1:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not too impressed with it in general tbh. Probably the worst season of 2017

Got a couple worthwhile ones still though but overall pretty disappointing
Nov 14, 2017 2:35 AM
Jul 2017
Dude! You haven't caught up to Fall anime yet? Come on, gotta hurry up! Lol. Anyway, here are my thoughts on these anime:

Code Realize: Sousei no Himegimi

Uh... haven't seen it so I'm gonna try my darn hardest to guess the plot... fantasy? Isekai?

Dies Irae

Has a very low MAL score. Poor thing.

Garo: Vanishing Line

Apparently, part of a franchise which gave me an excuse to ditch this show.

Houseki no Kuni

Ignore the 3D animation because the world setting and fantasy elements are truly intruiging.

Inuyashiki

HIT ME ON THE GROUND!
HIT ME ON THE GROUND!
HIT ME ON THE GROUND!
HIT ME ON THE GROUND!

Also, bang.

Juuni Taisen

Who's gonna die this week, I wonder?

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World

Just as philosophical as its prequel, but I just kinda prefer the original one.

Mahoutsukai no Yome

WHY WAS I BORN A FEMALE!? *deep blushing ensues*

Black Clover

Only shounen trash like me can tolerate the screeching sound of Asta the every shounen MC ever.

Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken

Dropped this one because I didn't find the sex jokes particularly funny. And I like sex jokes!

Now, here are some anime I recommend you watch:

Blend S

Cute girls doing cute things and cute ships and all things cute.

Net-Juu no Susume

Tackles depression a bit, especially for those who lock themselves in their own room to play MMO games to escape the harshness of reality. Also has some hints of romance and OH MY GOD JUST GET MARRIED ALREADY!

Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau

If you like pretty looking animation and a really interesting fantasy setting, then do try to check this out.

That's all. I'd try to recommend the new season of Gintama, Shokugeki no Soma S3, and Osomatsu-san 2, but these are sequels so it depends if you've seen the previous seasons or not.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » How important is the art style for you

nishant0 - Apr 11

42 by Pages_Pages »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - Yesterday

22 by Shirayukin »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - Yesterday

45 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
5 minutes ago

» Your top 5 anime couples

Anjumhossain - Dec 12, 2022

41 by Otakupervert890 »»
12 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

105 by mo_lave »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.