Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Nov 11, 2017 6:35 PM

@Jake FYI my friends don't care about what music I listen or don't listen to and we don't even discuss music taste. Simple beat allows for great flow, metal does not flow to me and is mainly just guitar and drums with the vocals. I'll check out what you mentioned but don't expect me to like metal.
LOL if I was biased to autotune then Kesha and Tpain would be my favorite artists yet I never listen to them. Metal seems lazy just shout into a mic as aggressively as possible and you are in.
Modified by DrGeroCreation, Nov 11, 2017 7:02 PM

Nov 11, 2017 6:40 PM

DrGeroCreation said:
@Jake FYI my friends don't care about the music I listen to and we don't even discuss music taste. Simple beat allows for great flow, metal does not flow to me and is mainly just guitar and drums with the vocals. I'll check out what you mentioned but don't expect me to like metal.

ok fine i give up for now, like what you like because metal is just too heavy

Nov 11, 2017 6:44 PM

Jake said:
DrGeroCreation said:
@Jake FYI my friends don't care about the music I listen to and we don't even discuss music taste. Simple beat allows for great flow, metal does not flow to me and is mainly just guitar and drums with the vocals. I'll check out what you mentioned but don't expect me to like metal.

ok fine i give up for now, like what you like because metal is just too heavy
You hit the nail on the head with that word. Metal is too heavy and harsh for my ears.

Nov 11, 2017 7:29 PM

I don't think metal is garbage, but I do agree on that I think a lot of it lacks melody, beat, rhythm and just sounds like white noise. Granted, I have some favorite metal artist or songs so I'm not going to generalize the entire genre. Another issue I have are usually with the vocalists; they're either cookie monster edgelords or super cornball versions of Dio or Bruce Dickinson(the latter applies more to 80s metal).

That said, I do like heavy music from time to time, especially when I'm stressed or just feeling aggressive. I'll link some recent stuff I've been listening to.

Nov 11, 2017 7:37 PM

its not garbage, but its not my thing.

Nov 11, 2017 8:26 PM

Aidoru-Ojisan said:
ShiroiMuffler said:
I listen to a diverse range of genre including music from other languages (and no, not just Japan), the only type of music I never got into is metal, so yes, imo it sucks.

You give everything a chance tho? At this point I shouldn't really care about random people's opinions but eh, just curious.

Yes I gave metal a chance, but in the end it really is subjective (emphasis on imo), I know a lot of cool people who like metal. In almost every genre I am able to salvage something I like, except metal, that's what I was trying to get across.

Nov 11, 2017 8:30 PM

ShiroiMuffler said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

You give everything a chance tho? At this point I shouldn't really care about random people's opinions but eh, just curious.

Yes I gave metal a chance, but in the end it really is subjective (emphasis on imo), I know a lot of cool people who like metal. In almost every genre I am able to salvage something I like, except metal, that's what I was trying to get across.

Huh, I'm surprised since the genre is quite vast and I know this as an avid listener of the genre for many years thus why it appeals to me, so your claim "I gave Metal a chance" makes me kinda "Ehh?" but whatever, just wanted to know *shrugs*

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:

Nov 11, 2017 8:38 PM
She Hug

OP... You prefer Daphne over Velma. Your argument is invalid.

Nov 11, 2017 8:43 PM

You don't seem to know anything outside of what you usually listen to. Maybe start with something vaguely familiar.

Nov 11, 2017 8:49 PM

FacelessVixen said:
Velma wears boring socks while Daphne wears sexy pink pantyhose. Daphne has long, soft, wavy hair while Velma has a tom boyish looking haircut. Daphne wears lipstick while Velma doesn't.

Simply put Daphne is the prom queen you wish would notice you while Velma is the nerdy girl you get to do your homework for you.

traed said:
Maybe start with something vaguely familiar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFnygzsLnk
Sorry but I don't like that song. It's loud and noisy.

Modified by DrGeroCreation, Nov 11, 2017 8:56 PM

Nov 11, 2017 9:06 PM
She Hug

DrGeroCreation said:
FacelessVixen said:
Velma wears boring socks while Daphne wears sexy pink pantyhose. Daphne has long, soft, wavy hair while Velma has a tom boyish looking haircut. Daphne wears lipstick while Velma doesn't.

Simply put Daphne is the prom queen you wish would notice you while Velma is the nerdy girl you get to do your homework for you.

...Okay, I haven't watched Scooby Doo in a while, and I've had a thing for Sarah Michelle Gellar since Buffy, so...

Okay, look. My mom's name is Daphne. Since I can never be into a girl, real or fictional, that has a namesake with my mom, Velma has to be my default. But even so, you kinda gave my reasons for why I'm down with Velma, especially since you pointed out that her hair is similar to a certain tomboyish waifu of mine. So to save time, let's just agree to disagree.

...Now what was this thread originally about?
Modified by FacelessVixen, Nov 11, 2017 9:46 PM

Nov 11, 2017 9:17 PM

FacelessVixen said:
DrGeroCreation said:

...Okay, I haven't watched Scooby Doo in a while, and and I've had a thing for Sarah Michelle Gellar since Buffy, so...

Okay, look. My mom's name is Daphne. Since I can never be into a girl, real or fictional, that has a namesake with my mom, Velma has to be my default. But even so, you kinda gave my reasons for why I'm down with Velma, especially since you pointed out that her hair is similar to a certain tomboyish waifu of mine. So to save time, let's just agree to disagree.

...Now what was this thread originally about?
I'm actually not into Sarah Michelle Gellar and was talking about the animated versions of Daphne and Velma not the live action versions. Okay that's understandable, it would be kind of weird to like someone with the same name as your mother. My cartoon waifu has short hair as well but not in a bowl cut . I like your waifu's haircut but I don't like Velma's. Okay yes let's agree to disagree.

You just have to look at the thread title to see what the thread is about.

Nov 11, 2017 10:04 PM
She Hug

DrGeroCreation said:
I'm actually not into Sarah Michelle Gellar and was talking about the animated versions of Daphne and Velma not the live action versions. Okay that's understandable, it would be kind of weird to like someone with the same name as your mother. My cartoon waifu has short hair as well but not in a bowl cut . I like your waifu's haircut but I don't like Velma's. Okay yes let's agree to disagree.

Yeah, I know based on the post you made in the thread a vaguely remember. I just wanted to point out that Daphne has her appeal because she was portrayed by Buffy, y'know, as one of those "you're cool because of the people you know" sort of things.

DrGeroCreation said:
You just have to look at the thread title to see what the thread is about.

Oh, right. Well, I named myself after a technical death metal band, so... I'm biased on that as well.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]