Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 11, 2017 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like an episode that focuses more on buildup for the upcoming battle.

I'm even more curious about Ouni now since his role in the upcoming battle will be fairly important. I don't trust Shuan at all tbh. He's such a shady character in this series and hard to believe in.

Some of the other characters in this series have mixed feeings about the upcoming battle but I'm looking forward to the action, in particular some archery talent.
Nov 11, 2017 8:02 AM

Dec 2014
Quite the meh episode this week.
Not much happened but we got more info about Ouni's childhood with Nibi.

More than a prelude to a fight, seemed more like a last day before the end. Even with Shuan and Ouni they are probably going to get slaughtered. Speaking of the captain, what a jerk; hope he is going to be the first victim.

So Neri did die and the girl that appeared at the end of the previous ep was the sister. She is a bit creepy..
Next ep things are going to get brutal again I guess.
Nov 12, 2017 11:36 AM

Feb 2016
More buildup, more mystery. Not much to comment here.. Looks like next episode is gonna be a massacre.
And once again we are proven the leaders of the island are annoying geezers.
Nov 12, 2017 11:40 AM
May 2015
What a weird way to treat your wife.

Based on the preview Nibi does seem to join them in the fight, but if he wasn't chosen there's a good chance he might die (should've listened to Ouni...)

I'm interested in Shuan and Ouni. Ouni's parents are unknown and Ouni himself just popped up one day on the island, is he not human or something(maybe he's like Neri and her twin sister Aima/Emma)? And Shuan still has that weird eye patch thing going on, I hope he doesn't turn on the people of Mud Whale or something.

Next week looks interesting, there'll probably be some more incoming angst. There's also going to be a new character? That blue hair person from the Empire. Ryodari's also back.
Nov 12, 2017 2:10 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty goof episode. Mostly just preparation for the upcoming battle.

We got Ouni''s backstory though.
Looks like the Mud Whale people are splitting upto into a defense team and an infiltration strike team, not sure how well this attack of theirs is gonna go but good luck to them.

I like seeing Lykos in a dress, she was really pretty.
Interesting stuff with Neli's twin Emma.
Nov 12, 2017 4:57 PM

Jun 2015
This episode is pretty much building up for the fight next week. Everyone is working hard at training. The captain is a jerk for treating his wife like that. I wouldn't care if he dies. Got to see some backstory for Oni with Nibi. Lykos and Chakuro's new outfits look nice. So Neri is actually dead and the girl that looks like her is her twin sister Emma. That's interesting. I wish everyone luck on the attack.
Nov 12, 2017 6:40 PM

Aug 2015
I'm slowly liking this show more with each episode. When it first began I just thought it was average or slightly below average, but now that things have actually started happening, I'm getting more engrossed. As for this episode, as "The Day Before the Battle" episodes go, this one was pulled off fairly well.
Nov 12, 2017 7:36 PM

Oct 2016
Ouni’s past was interesting and I liked seeing the characters showing their emotions especially lykos. I’m really curious about Shuan and Ema though...
Nov 12, 2017 7:48 PM

Jul 2016
I really (REALLY) want to believe in the people of the Fareena but I'm still thinking the next episode will be a massacre... most of them (kids included) only know the basic about close combat and probably, the idea of killing for the first time would be the main problem when they fight against those emotionless clowns. In the end, everything will depend on the success (or not) of Chakuro and the others.

And as an aside note, the pink hair dude will return... sigh* tbh, I hope he dies covered by sand... for someone who doesn't have emotions, that kid is way too irritating.
Nov 12, 2017 8:38 PM

Oct 2012
Lykos is turning into a fine tsundere <3

Next episode is going to be brutal.
Nov 12, 2017 9:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
SouthRuizVera said:
I really (REALLY) want to believe in the people of the Fareena but I'm still thinking the next episode will be a massacre... most of them (kids included) only know the basic about close combat and probably, the idea of killing for the first time would be the main problem when they fight against those emotionless clowns. In the end, everything will depend on the success (or not) of Chakuro and the others.
I feel the same way but I'm still gonna hope for the best

Overall, this was a really nice episode though, I really enjoyed the Ouni backstory with his friends, all of the stuff with Lykos, all the planning for the battle and especially the second to last scene

The mystery behind Neri (And now her twin sister Ema) has thickened though and I am once again left wanting for info lol and Shuan is pretty cold for telling his wife (Did not expect to see that he's married) what he did
Nov 12, 2017 9:35 PM

Nov 2016
We got some good build up for the upcoming battle.

Loved the Sand Returning and Chakuros prayer to Sami,definitely my highlight of the episode.

Looking forward to next week.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 13, 2017 1:12 AM
Nov 2016
So, a buildup episode, eh? Well, it seems like the mud whale will be under attack soon and the next few episodes will involve quite a lot of people dying.

They also showed us Ouni's background story. Ouni is my favourite character from this show based on just how badass he is.

I miss Sami tho. I am curious as to what Neri and Ema actually are and how much they know about the Mud Whale
Nov 13, 2017 2:39 AM

Apr 2016
Damn, people will die next episode.
Nov 13, 2017 3:26 AM

Aug 2013
Good buildup episode with the Mud Whale preparing for the attack. Things will get dark again next episode.

Nov 13, 2017 3:35 AM

Jun 2016
So, they decided to train the kids to fight? That was handy, but dangerous, too. I mean they're just kids, but they have no choice.

The girls of Mud Whale befriended Lykos and insulted the boys. Haha. They gave her clothes. Awww.

Little Ouni and little Nibi are cute, though. Lol. So, was it some sort of move to sympathize with Nibi and Ouni because seems like there's something bad's gonna happen between these two next episode?

That Sand Returning scene was so heartwarming. Glad to see these Mud Whale folks having fun.

Captain Shuan has a wife. I'm jealous. Haha. Nice hearing Kamiyan's voice again. Gaaah! He's emotionless. What the fuck. He's like those people who attacked them. Lmao.

Still don't have a theory about the mystery behind that Neri. Tch.

Shit is about to go down next episode.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 13, 2017 4:35 AM
Apr 2016
I hope that Lykos falling in love with Chakuro isn't a red flag and that she'll die soon, that would suck a lot.

I'm also curious about Neri and Ema, are there more of them that are also sisters? As in when one dies, another one appears? It's pretty weird.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Nov 13, 2017 4:50 AM

Jul 2014
Guess we're going to be seeing a lot of people dying again next week, not just because they're not on the same level as the enemy (other than the blond guy, perhaps) but also because a couple of characters got some pretty strong death flags this week (such as Ouni's friend, for instance). Other than that, my main question is relating to Neri and Ema and what they are and what their purpose is: they obviously aren't like everyone else, given that they don't use thymia, and they seem to have a connection to the nous Falaina, so it'll be interesting to see what comes of that.
Nov 13, 2017 6:10 AM

Sep 2017
Please, just please could we maybe get more development on the vilains? There are still A LOT of questions without answers about them.

This episode was meh, but I bet the bloodbath next week is going to compensate for it. I hope, at least.
Nov 13, 2017 6:30 AM

Jan 2015
So currently no "important" thing that might help turn the table for oncoming war beside having the kids do training stuff. But THEN Chakuro and his trio "dork" doing something funny to Suou while doing briefing so the kids can feels less tense.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 13, 2017 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
So everyone is talking about how this was a "buildup" episode, but can we just take a moment to appreciate the art/backgrounds in this episode? I was surprised no one talked about the scenes where it looked like a sandstorm in the background. It looked badass.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 13, 2017 10:19 AM

Feb 2016
So the purple guy seems to be coming back in the next episode, looks like it'll be a tough watch again.
Nov 13, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
This might've been a build-up episode, but I still enjoyed it. From Ouni's past when he first met the group he now hangs about with, to the sand festival which interrupted Suou's speech, it was certainly informative and enjoyable.

Lykos is showing more emotions more often now, and in today's episode, she showed a slight sign of jealousy when she gave Chakuro some new clothes. She looked very cute when she was pouting though. =P

The ending of the episode, through the intense sandstorm, shows that Skylos is approaching, and honestly, I see more people dying in this next attack, despite the fact that the residents of the Mud Whale are more prepared this time. I hope no one major dies this time, but that might be a stupid thing to wish though. D=
Nov 13, 2017 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
Zelev said:
So everyone is talking about how this was a "buildup" episode, but can we just take a moment to appreciate the art/backgrounds in this episode? I was surprised no one talked about the scenes where it looked like a sandstorm in the background. It looked badass.

I mostly don't since it's an overall incredibly good looking anime, so I'd repeat myself every episode heh. Although, this episode in particular with the sand storm at the end and other moments before it, was one of the best looking ones so far. It's not just art either, the use of the music is perfect too.
AnathorNov 13, 2017 11:52 AM
Nov 13, 2017 2:18 PM

May 2015
Good buildup episode, no doubt things will get intense in the next episode. And no doubt a lot of people will die as well....

Nov 13, 2017 2:19 PM

Oct 2014
I'm back on the Children of Whales train.
It's great that the main characters got most of the screen time in this episode, they also got a fair bit of important development. Perhaps Ouni got the most, but Lykos began to change after meeting new friends. Even Chakuro got some good development when he let go of his deceased friend.

It feels like next episode will demolish all of the mellow happiness of this one with another battle.
I hope the battle will have more stakes this time, now that the characters know their enemy's weak point and bonds have formed between them I could see it being a way more involving episode.

Nov 13, 2017 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty much a buildup episode, but it wasn't bad though. I kinda liked the focus on Ouni because we haven't gotten much from him aside from the type to be very serious. Of course, this was pretty neat to learn about the character.

Next episode we're going to probably get the massacre again. Oh boy, not this shit again (note I don't hate the episode where it happened the same thing but I don't want to go and have inner suffering).
Nov 13, 2017 5:40 PM

Jul 2009
This episode I feel like there was a death flag for Nibi, the wife of that eyepatch guy and Tokusa (squad leader) T-T

They gonna dieeeeeee :(

(and probably some or all of the girls who made Lykos' clothes)
Nov 13, 2017 10:26 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! the fight for their lives is near! This will be a very difficult and dangerous mission! And the children are the ones to fight to boot! damn! Hope Ouni kick some ass as well as Shuan, one of the strongest...but i feel something fishy on Shuan...it's like you don't even know what's his thinking...
4/5.

Nov 14, 2017 5:09 PM

Oct 2011
This anime is hands down the best this season. I can't see anything else more interesting and beautiful and emotional at the same time.
Nov 14, 2017 10:24 PM

Sep 2014
What is this writing... Such cringe, many amaze. Oh and please Chakuro, just go for Lykos straight away. Sami was shit.
Nov 16, 2017 12:52 PM
Apr 2016
This is taking the "Nazi dominance" tragedy to whole another level, building a world around children having to fight for survival. I am more than sure it will not go according to the plan, not being able to destroy the nouse, but maybe working together with it...
The Gurren Lagann "recommendation" is a well deserved thing since Suou almost pulled the "Three screen space pointing" without the three screens. I am really getting the same vibes from some moments and I like it, tremendously.
Re:formed
Nov 16, 2017 12:56 PM
Apr 2016
Mascera said:
So currently no "important" thing that might help turn the table for oncoming war beside having the kids do training stuff. But THEN Chakuro and his trio "dork" doing something funny to Suou while doing briefing so the kids can feels less tense.

With all the Game of Sands stuff mentioned I am sure there will be at least one superpower willing to assist Falaina in their struggle against the Fourth Reich.
Daniel_NaumovNov 16, 2017 2:06 PM
Re:formed
Nov 16, 2017 4:38 PM

Jul 2012
Nibi is so dead :/

Eyepatch guy is a dick. How did they even get married? Maybe he was a decent person once?

It's crazy to think that they're using kids to murder. Even if some of them survive, they're going to be pretty messed up mentally :(
Nov 17, 2017 1:18 PM

Dec 2016
Hearing about how Ouni just appeared one day and the fact that he is seemingly emotionless and as his friend said he has never seen him cry I wonder if Ouni was, or still is, in some way associated with the emotionless people. The only fault with this could be that, at least in the case of Lykos, your emotions come back after time so it wouldn't make sense for Ouni to be emotionless for this long so idk
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 17, 2017 6:05 PM

Nov 2011
Aww man Chauro is wearing the clothes!!! Lykos is cute but I need more Ginshu in my life!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 17, 2017 10:55 PM

Mar 2009
All those death flags. I can't believe how much Nibi is dead in the next episode.
Nov 18, 2017 4:03 AM

Oct 2014
I'm guessing most of the islanders will die apart from the ones who infiltrate the ship. And then they'll return to the island only to find that most people are dead.
Animus and mangos
Nov 19, 2017 3:06 AM

Apr 2015
An extremely strong buildup that masked the problems in the intense scenes of the previous few weeks.
A reminder that the setting and the concept is as beautiful as it is. Many would be back rooting for Kujikora and I'm so too.

The MCs' ship is strange, doesn't come across as making much sense but doesn't feel wrong neither.
Nov 24, 2017 9:07 AM

Jan 2015
I hope it won't be a boring typical fight.
Dec 8, 2017 3:24 PM

Aug 2015
Lykos >>> Sami. What is Taisha hiding or planning? What are Neri and Emma? Spirits? It's a very beautiful story, but it probably hides obscure secrets.
Dec 26, 2017 11:36 AM

Jul 2009
Battle is coming, the sand war part was nice.
Jan 4, 2018 3:08 AM
Mar 2012
With Captain & Oni, seems the stronger thymia the less emotions they have or they lose it gradually.
Emma seems crazy, more possible pink yanderes.
Plot pacing gets a bit better.
Mar 10, 2018 5:34 PM

May 2012
This episode felt a bit different, but still pretty good. Looking forwards to the upcoming episode and battle that awaits them!
Apr 11, 2018 12:29 AM

Dec 2012
Thought those girls were going to beat up Lykos. lol
Rasha.
Kicha.
Dat flashback. How old is Kicha?
Dat sand throwing.
He's married. She cute.
Dem tears.
Neri.
Twin sister? Ema?
lol at Tokusa.
Nibi wants to come.
They're here.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 11, 2018 5:23 AM
Dec 2017
Rob said:
Thought those girls were going to beat up Lykos. lol
Rasha.
Kicha.
Dat flashback. How old is Kicha?
Dat sand throwing.
He's married. She cute.
Dem tears.
Neri.
Twin sister? Ema?
lol at Tokusa.
Nibi wants to come.
They're here.
Rob said:
How old is Kicha?

She is 14 years old.
Rob said:
Twin sister? Ema?

Yes, she is.
May 9, 2018 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm more mystery and a battle coming up. Felt like a prelude to the big battle next ep

Twin sisters, ying and yang? Balance of life? Are my first thoughts.. wonder what neri and enma really are
May 28, 2019 6:38 PM

Jun 2014
They have all prepared, and now the enemy has arrived.

Hopefully, not too many Mud Whale lives will be lost this time.

Aug 25, 2020 8:06 AM

Jul 2015
Shuan was pretty cold to his wife there, in my eyes he doesn't seem that different from the empire people.
Ouni suddenly appeared on the island with no one knowing who his parents are and also his lack of emotions makes me think he actually comes from the outside world. Some nice sand fight before the big battle, but got the ominous feeling another massacre will happen considering the basic training they got.

Mar 24, 2021 11:15 AM

May 2015
Deathflags, deathflags everywhere
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

94 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.