Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 11, 2017 9:03 AM
Jul 2016
Great episode, although they didn't have to beat us over the head with Photo's suffering/slave life and world view so much, it felt kinda redundant. I would have preferred to see how life was on the country she lived previously but whatever, just a small complaint i had.

I loved that scene where everyone was dying as she was screaming, made it look like it was her fault and showed how guilty she felt about it.
Nov 11, 2017 9:39 AM

Aug 2016
I fell in love with a character which had just been introduced... I dont think it will happen again.

As people here have said above, I've got to see more of Photo.
Nov 11, 2017 1:05 PM

Jan 2014
For a good couple minutes I actually believed that was Kino and that the studio had changed her backstory or something. Smh, this show always tricks me.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 11, 2017 1:20 PM

Dec 2011
Shinraro said:

I misremember the story, I already edited my post. Sorry.

No problem. I was actually recalling another "cloud" related story myself but I couldn't find it quickly, so I thought you'd know.
Nov 11, 2017 4:50 PM

Aug 2010
Rem was a slave, got abused by her owners, let them die eating poisonous food, made the survivor kill himself and now Rem is free to take photos with Shinji Ikari motorrad.
Nov 11, 2017 11:05 PM

Nov 2007
IchiroEX said:
Next ep Preview:

Next episode will finally feature Master/Shishou!

Quick and rough translation.

bokuNov 11, 2017 11:09 PM
Nov 12, 2017 2:21 AM

Jun 2016
I was so happy those horrible people died because they're all assholes with their fucked up mentality especially that kid. Ugh. I hate slave drivers so much. Fuck them. Jesus. The fact that it didn't bother them one bit when that little piece of shit said:

"So, I'll beat her senseless, the I'll shoot her arms and legs, and then I'll cut her stomach open and kill her."

They even encouraged him. Hahahaha. Now they're all dead. Hahaha! Who's laughing now, fuckwads?

There's a motorrad in one of the trucks and she became friends with it, and they live together. Awww. Love the ending. So happy for that girl how her life turned out. She becomes a photographer that her name is now Photo. Hehe. :)

5/5. <3

koplakever said:
I honestly thought it was Kino who were a slave, guess it's not.

Me, neither. I thought for a sec she's Kino when that motorrad appeared, heck, we were wrong. Hehe.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 12, 2017 3:02 AM
Sep 2016
The first half is really hard to watch, I never like people who mistreated other people especially made another a slave. That brat said he want to be a proper 'man' with torturing the slave to death, what kind of 'man' is he wanted to be? Probably a psycho one lol. The ending is rather nice to watch, seeing the girl believe to come true with the motorrad and finally reborn with a new name.
Nov 12, 2017 3:57 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, another episode NOT following Kino... and it was pretty good.

That kid... what a brat.
Nov 12, 2017 5:18 PM

Jul 2016
For a second there I thought that was Kino's past and I was getting really pissed they ruined her great backstory from the original anime, but it was actually another random traveler. What a relief.

It was an entertaining and emotional episode that made me think a bit. I have many guesses to why the old man suicided, but I won't get in detail right now. I liked him, even though he might have been a bad person in the past, he was actually touched by Photo's story.

Only one thing is bugging me about this new Kino no Tabi anime. I feel Kino doesn't have much screen time in some episodes, and for me, this anime is all about Kino and her journeys.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Nov 12, 2017 11:21 PM

Aug 2015
Another episode focusing on a different character. At this rate Kino's backstory might occur in the in one of the last 2 episodes.
Nov 13, 2017 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
OH MY GOD! for me, this single episode (6th) is already a masterpiece for me! Live-on Photo! (the orphan girl's name)
i bumped this as 8/10.
5/5!

Nov 13, 2017 2:14 AM
Jul 2017
I feel like Photo's story is a parallel to real life religious people who also have to endure harsh times like slavery and mistreatment. I somehow relate, I guess since I personally know a lot of people who think like her. I almost want to defend Photo's beliefs as a child.

This show truly makes intriguing comments about the world.
Nov 13, 2017 5:23 AM

May 2017
legit thought that was Kino lol

Disappointing story, I don't like what she ended up, I was so sure she would've ended up traveling to like Kino, her life is stagnant and boring, she doesn't ride her motorad too meh
Nov 13, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2015
She resembles Sylvie.
Nov 13, 2017 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
Motorrads are our best friends!
Nov 13, 2017 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
I can't wait for people to try to convince me that this episode is not shit.
The previous episodes of Kino's Journey 2017 I had issues with, but never thought actually sucked.
That's changed now!

1) Hammy:
The other episodes of Kino's Journey didn't have characters monologue, or have them argue, they simply presented an idea, and that's it. Episode 5 presented the idea of people lying but still being happy, and that's it.

2) Edge:
The characters in this episode were so over-the-top evil, that it makes Tokyo Ghoul look tame.

3) The visuals:
How does the studio convey the scene of everyone dying?
Use generic red and black weather, and blood-red scenes! 'Cause that doesn't beat you over the head with the point, like certain anime (coughs Erased))

4) "Message"
"Do not hate people no matter what", yeah, how many anime have already done this? Isn't Kino's Journey known for presenting interesting and/or unique, out-there ideas like episodes 1 & 5 from this season?

And really? "Photo" becomes her name? That's the most generic name you can possibly give to someone who takes pictures.

This series should just focus on world-building stories. Character stories, even in the old series, were lackluster.
Nov 13, 2017 11:55 PM

Feb 2014
"The world is cruel and imperfect, that's why its beautiful."

This show really lives up to its description.

What a cute name, Photo! Definitely added to MyKidsNameList!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 14, 2017 12:36 AM

Oct 2010
Fantastic episode. Inori Minase really owned that role. She deserves another seiyuu award for that.
Nov 14, 2017 12:42 AM

Oct 2010
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

2) Edge:
The characters in this episode were so over-the-top evil, that it makes Tokyo Ghoul look tame.

3) The visuals:
Use generic red and black weather, and blood-red scenes! 'Cause that doesn't beat you over the head with the point, like certain anime (coughs Erased))

4) "Message"
"Do not hate people no matter what", yeah, how many anime have already done this? Isn't Kino's Journey known for presenting interesting and/or unique, out-there ideas like episodes 1 & 5 from this season?

And really? "Photo" becomes her name? That's the most generic name you can possibly give to someone who takes pictures.

Over the top? Maybe you should go do some research into the Middle East...or even just the "Darker" side of modern America. Slavery is a very real thing that still exists. They're not over-the-top at all. There are FAR worse monsters living in your very city.

Erased wasn't the first anime to do that

That's not the message the episode was trying to tell the audience. That's the message that ONE CHARACTER believes. The overall message was more about how luck is a huge factor. Which is very true. You can be the smartest, strongest, mot talented person in the world but it won't matter if your luck doesn't line up to give you the right opportunities.

I have no real response to the name thing. It was pretty dumb lol.
Nov 14, 2017 6:26 AM

Feb 2017
Lol, the script was so meh. Like no other better word to choose.
Kino only got less than 1 min screen time.
Its neither good nor bad.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Nov 14, 2017 7:08 AM

Mar 2014
Karma is a bitch

Also
>TFW I hear Sou's voice and I realize the person voicing him is Megumi Ogata
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 14, 2017 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
Kougeru said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

2) Edge:

3) The visuals:

4) "Message"

Over the top? Maybe you should go do some research into the Middle East...or even just the "Darker" side of modern America. Slavery is a very real thing that still exists. They're not over-the-top at all. There are FAR worse monsters living in your very city.

That's not the message the episode was trying to tell the audience. That's the message that ONE CHARACTER believes. The overall message was more about how luck is a huge factor. Which is very true. You can be the smartest, strongest, mot talented person in the world but it won't matter if your luck doesn't line up to give you the right opportunities.

I love how people on the internet are so focused on "logic" and trying to justify a fictional piece of work with it, that they completely miss the point, of my opinion, and start treating the work as a documentary, than a fictional piece with its own intentions, to justify everything it does, rather than actually talk about, why the work does what it does.
"Oh, but it's realistic, and makes logical sense!" That's not the point.
When I was in writing class, and we had discussions on each others' storeis, we never talked about whether it made logical sense or not, because it's fiction, anything can make sense, we talked about what the point of it.
Whether it's "realistic" or "logical" is not the point The point is, is that this episode, made literally every character except that old man, so evil, that it's ridiculous.
I think everybody got the message that these guys were kinda dicks simply by 5 the first 5 minutes.
Nov 14, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode as always.
And I was so surprised and happy when I realized that it's Ogata Megumi voicing the motorad, it's been so long since I've heard her voice.
Nov 14, 2017 9:05 AM

Nov 2016
What a great episode with a super satisfying outcome,even tho the first half was infuriating me :@.

If one was fortunate or not decides after one has died.

And sometimes it's better to be a picky eater.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 14, 2017 7:30 PM
Mar 2017
"When I'm about to die, I'll probably die with a smile"

She looks so pure and innocent! 😭😭

I also thought that the slave was Kino, I did not see the original.
I'm happy that Photo is happy

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 15, 2017 8:34 AM

Nov 2012
TheHopefulOtaku said:
Kougeru said:

I love how people on the internet are so focused on "logic" and trying to justify a fictional piece of work with it, that they completely miss the point, of my opinion, and start treating the work as a documentary, than a fictional piece with its own intentions, to justify everything it does, rather than actually talk about, why the work does what it does.
"Oh, but it's realistic, and makes logical sense!" That's not the point.
When I was in writing class, and we had discussions on each others' storeis, we never talked about whether it made logical sense or not, because it's fiction, anything can make sense, we talked about what the point of it.
Whether it's "realistic" or "logical" is not the point The point is, is that this episode, made literally every character except that old man, so evil, that it's ridiculous.
I think everybody got the message that these guys were kinda dicks simply by 5 the first 5 minutes.

You completely miss the point of certain characters in this kind of anime. They are not as much as characters as they are mechanisms to convey a story, and this is not a bad thing, it's just how some anime like to create some characters.
The same applies not only for characters but also for the settings in the anime, everything is over the top, some countries are quite ludicrous (ex: the moving country) and exaggerated in order to create a scenario that fits the story they want to tell. This is intended and is the kind of thing the spectator should already be used to by now.
Don't look at characters and the setting in this anime as you would with more conventional anime.
Nov 15, 2017 9:21 AM

Mar 2012
Jetlite said:
I fell in love with a character which had just been introduced... I dont think it will happen again.

As people here have said above, I've got to see more of Photo.

Same here, we can hope with the title "part A", but I don't think that we will see her again. :(
Nov 17, 2017 6:41 PM

Dec 2014
it is funny to see almost everyone is saying 'good story', 'poor girl', etc, but none has ever say the morale of this episode. LOL

I wonder what these people saw in this episode....
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Nov 17, 2017 11:26 PM

Mar 2009
What an episode. At least Photo was able to build a nice life for herself in the end.
Nov 22, 2017 2:26 AM
Oct 2015
This is what generic is in case any of people decides to judge shows unbiased this episode is a wonderful complete example.
Nov 23, 2017 5:10 AM

May 2010
Damn Photo is lovable.
Nov 25, 2017 2:13 PM

Sep 2015
I liked this episode well enough. I was kind of just waiting for Kino to show up. I thought did they change her origin or something? But that aside (because I feel like Kino has been less of a presence in this new series). I liked the girl and the traveler she strikes up an unlikely friendship with. Both were interesting characters who carried kind of a weak narrative. The abusive rich assholes were ridiculous. Especially the little kid. Like the emotional manipulation is so on the nose. I refuse to feel anything about them. They were just kind of silly and weakly written. Still I thought this was one of the stronger episodes of this new series.
Nov 25, 2017 11:08 PM
Mar 2012
Story's simple & no Kino, yet well executed mainly in the dialogue of Rem with old man with a moral.
Countries with cultural extremes are a staple of Kino episodes so nothing worth flailing your arms over. There's a cannibal lying merchants in s1.
"this world is wonderful"
Dec 2, 2017 11:15 AM
Oct 2007
For a moment there, I thought Photo might have been Kino instead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2017 3:42 AM

Sep 2013
Mind blowing episode i feel sad for the people who died and happy for the photo girl.
“The world is not beautiful. Therefore it is.” This anime makes u think deep
Dec 30, 2017 1:13 PM

May 2012
Damn that sure was quite the different focus shift! Pretty lovely ending though, but the whole thing sure was hard to swallow. At least that ending was really lovely!
Jan 7, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2011
Karma just went out full blast on this one. Those bastards deserved it.

I thought it was Kino's backstory at first.
Jan 8, 2018 4:23 AM

Sep 2012
TsundeReaper said:
legit thought that was Kino lol

Disappointing story, I don't like what she ended up, I was so sure she would've ended up traveling to like Kino, her life is stagnant and boring, she doesn't ride her motorad too meh

same here i thought it was Kino's past until they showed her lol
Sugram22Jan 8, 2018 4:28 AM
Apr 5, 2018 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
hahaha i felt quite satisfied watching those boastful piglets die like the hoggish fools they were. i was kind of angry at the slave girl tho for being soo näive and i was also hoping for kino to intervene in some way too during the entire episode but that never came to pass. whose journey is it exactly?
Apr 11, 2018 2:16 PM

Oct 2012
Probably my favorite episode so far. The only one that could really compare would be the last one. It was a bit clumsy, but at this point that seems sort of par for the course with this incarnation of Kino no Tabi. Three and four were starting to get a bit too over the top for me (especially three), the last two have felt stronger.
Apr 25, 2018 1:19 AM

Jul 2016
Best episode of the series by far.

Such awesome story telling.
May 26, 2018 2:19 PM

Jan 2015
Vindicater said:
Best episode of the series by far.

I agree this is the best episode

Sep 22, 2018 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
Quite a heartwarming tale this time. While I admire Photo's view of the world, I can't say I miss those merchants for how they treated her. Better that they were unlucky, for her fortune was a true blessing.
Dec 9, 2018 7:39 PM
Oct 2018
Such a weird, dumb, pointless episode. It's such lazy writing to create entirely evil, unlikable, "please hate these assholes" characters like that, and then kill them because thy're such evil, unlikable assholes.

And I hsraven't read the manga- maybe the 'Photo' character is justified there, but here she just acts like a complete moron. Not just for wanting to save the idiotically evil, 100% irredeemable people who treat her like shit, but for wanting to die with them for no sensible reason, and then for acting all guilty about having a rock thrown at her head.

I get that this series isn't about realism, but no person has ever walked the earth that resembles either of these two cardboard cutout personablity types -pure evil, and pure passivity/push-over-ness. Good writing is meant to be the exact opposite of this story- showing the flaws/bad points of the hero (and no, "too virtuous" isn't a "bad point"), and the sympathetic points of the villain, not writing "once there were some really really really evil people, but Yayy!! They die!!!"
Apollo18Dec 9, 2018 7:43 PM
Jan 26, 2019 5:44 AM

Jan 2013
That kid has quite the throwing arm ...
"Motorrad" - more like little scooter :D

Really good episode, good to see her be free now, living her life instead of being used as a slave.
Sou had some really good lines that eventually convinced "Photo" to live her life to eventually die.

The luck of the merchants ran out and Photo's luck just started.
May 20, 2019 10:53 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Damn, that little boy is messed up.

Anyways, Sou is so cute. xD The voice, the size, everything.
Aug 7, 2019 5:42 AM

Apr 2009
That was a bit hard to watch, especially when they were abusing her and the Young Master is being probably his naive and idiotic self.

I vaguely remember in my youth that one of my older cousin has a motorbike (I wish it was a motorrad!) like Sou, the handle folds down to the seat level and when tucked down with the cover, the top is completely flat you can sit on it as well.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 28, 2021 1:10 AM
Oct 2018
This is actually my favorite episode of this anime. Photo is so kind girl and I hope she will show in there again.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2017

137 by milou1050 »»
Apr 14, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2017

255 by the_v1gor »»
Apr 13, 9:18 AM

» video game....

Videogamecoper - Dec 14, 2023

3 by ralfisagreatguy »»
Apr 3, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2017

133 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 11, 12:52 PM

» Which one is better? 2003 or 2017?

SgtBateMan - Sep 13, 2021

9 by Videogamecoper »»
Dec 14, 2023 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.