Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Nov 10, 12:51 AM

I don't know if it's cause im still fairly new to horror themed anime or something else, but besides the constant flashbacks, I don't know why Ousama Game gets so much hate. I'm not defending it or anything like that, just curious.
Feel free to adding me and having a chat

Nov 10, 1:17 AM

read the manga and you'll know why. the animated version is a total disrespect towards the original mangaka's work. It's total trash compared to it. the anime didn't meet the manga readers' expectations, and that's why it got so much hates. i don't know how it is for anime-only watchers, maybe you guys think it's good, idk, but i promise, once you read the manga, you won't think the anime's worth your time any more.

Nov 10, 1:23 AM

because it's just godawful, i cant believe that an anime could be this awful it's actually amaze me
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Nov 10, 1:27 AM

ttcchen said:
read the manga and you'll know why. the animated version is a total disrespect towards the original mangaka's work. It's total trash compared to it. the anime didn't meet the manga readers' expectations, and that's why it got so much hates. i don't know how it is for anime-only watchers, maybe you guys think it's good, idk, but i promise, once you read the manga, you won't think the anime's worth your time any more.
Yeah I heard from a forum that the manga had Nobuaki's first experience in the game as a full thing itself instead of flashbacks, which I can understand why that would piss people off. I'll probably give it a read when I finish with the anime tho.

Nov 10, 1:31 AM

Because it's awful, you already know why.

Qui est soupçonné d'être un incapable, à bien l'air souvent d'être coupable.

Si vous montez trop vite, plus rapide sera la chute.

Nov 10, 1:33 AM

So is all the hate just because of the manga thing?

Nov 10, 1:36 AM
Why do I like Ousama game?

Nov 10, 2:04 AM

Not only the hate came from the manga, the hate came from the anime itself as well...
Changes in the anime makes everything ended up really BAD, and really no sense as well due to the loss of mass details.

(At least, this is what I saw. Which is why I rather just go and read the manga rather then watch the anime now.)

Nov 10, 2:16 AM

I think nobody seriously hate this show,it's just extremely bad done. Have in mind that this is supposed to be a horror anime.
Modified by FMmatron, Nov 10, 2:28 AM
"Are my father and little brother dead too?"

"What does that matter? We were talking about One Piece."

Nov 10, 2:18 AM

FMmatron said:
I think nobody seriously hate this show,it's just extremely bad done. Have in mind that this is supposed to be a horror anime.
True, I think the concept of it could be really promising if done right.

Nov 10, 2:27 AM

KappaSquare said:
FMmatron said:

If you want to see something better done,try this
https://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni?q=Higurashi
Modified by FMmatron, Nov 10, 12:14 PM
"Are my father and little brother dead too?"

"What does that matter? We were talking about One Piece."

Nov 10, 2:35 AM

FMmatron said:
KappaSquare said:

Not too sure,have de
KappaSquare said:

If you want to see something better done,try this
https://myanimelist.net/anime/934/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni?q=Higurashi
I told my friend about this and apparently it made him to stop watching anime for a while because of how scary it was. I would've watched it by now but back then I was a pussy with horror stuff

Nov 10, 3:30 AM

Because the anime is terrible.
Like, really really really terrible.

I've read the manga and believe me, it's not much better. The story (while containing a relatively interesting premise) is executed horribly. The characters are all brain-dead and obsessed with screaming names over and over again rather than talking like human beings. Those death scenes... ohmygod how does anyone take them seriously? It hits comedic levels with the blood sprays and limbs flying around. Christ, what isn't horrible about this anime?
I suppose the girl's character designs are pretty cute? That's about all I've got.

With that said I love watching it every week.
-Objectivity in regards to anime does not exist.
-You can only ever argue why you liked/enjoyed something.
-Claiming otherwise is laughable.

Nov 10, 3:32 AM

People still haven't realized it's a comedy anime.

Nov 10, 3:48 AM

TheHonestThief said:

I've read the manga and believe me, it's not much better. The story (while containing a relatively interesting premise) is executed horribly. The characters are all brain-dead and obsessed with screaming names over and over again rather than talking like human beings. Those death scenes... ohmygod how does anyone take them seriously? It hits comedic levels with the blood sprays and limbs flying around. Christ, what isn't horrible about this anime?
I suppose the girl's character designs are pretty cute? That's about all I've got.

I feel like it sorta relies too heavily on suspense, drama, and gore. I'll still watch it tho

Illyricus said:
Forget about Dragon Maid, Ousama Game is the comedy of 2017

Nov 10, 3:50 AM

KappaSquare said:

Illyricus said:
Forget about Dragon Maid, Ousama Game is the comedy of 2017

If you're watching for comedy do yourself a favor and check out the dub. It's gold.

Nov 10, 3:54 AM

It's because the manga sucks (Gave it a 2). And the anime too as well that's why

Nov 10, 4:36 AM

I thought it was decent until the ep that just aired. It's laughable, I don't know why I even expected anything.

Nov 10, 4:47 AM

Well, it is all over the place. The characters are saying something in one scene and by the very next one they already forgot. And do the contrary. And fuck themselves.
Trying to fit two stories in one is also bad. Flashbacks are not that bad per se but a lot of them, in this case, don't have any purpose.
Dumb characters are a given in this sort of anime but ALL OF THEM, A ENTIRE CLASS of idiots is way too much. I don't want a class of Einsteins, but one calm person is enough.
And the list goes on and on :(
It is funny to watch tho, kinda like Mayoiga.
And the reviews saying this is rated low because it is so gory and scary are THE BEST THING. Yeah yeah champs, people don't like it because of blood not because the bad storytelling lol

Nov 10, 5:58 AM

ttcchen said:
TheHonestThief said:

If you're watching for comedy do yourself a favor and check out the dub. It's gold.
oh gods people actually bothered to dub this!??

They did, and it's absolutely glorious.

Nov 10, 6:10 AM

Illyricus said:

It's like they haven't learned from Mayoiga. Casuals

Nov 10, 6:25 AM

KappaSquare said:
I don't know if it's cause im still fairly new to horror themed anime or something else, but besides the constant flashbacks, I don't know why Ousama Game gets so much hate. I'm not defending it or anything like that, just curious.

I Know this Show Is Trash as a Serious Show but ITS SO DAMN FUNNY!!!. The deaths are so exaggerated that they make you laugh fro it. The Only 2 deaths I Have thought were cool or epi were on the newest epsode (The other Masoquists like me who still watch it will know what I mean) Its a reall y good Unvoluntary comedy :p

Nov 10, 6:43 AM

Because this anime is bad. You can't seriously watch this anime and think it's good? NOTHING makes sense in this show whether that be the premise, the characters, their actions, the animations, the deaths. The list goes on and with each episode that comes out they manage to out do themselves in being more stupid.

Nov 10, 6:49 AM

TheHonestThief said:

I felt compelled to comment. Pretty much this. It's definitely not the worst anime that I've ever seen and it's at least a little watchable, but it's poorly done in every sense of the word. The characters are especially awful.
In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

Nov 10, 7:28 AM

I understand now why Ousama Game gets so much hate xD

Nov 10, 9:14 AM

Studio who made it usualy makes only hard ecchi or hentai, so its obvious what will become of it.

Nov 10, 1:05 PM

KappaSquare said:
I understand now why Ousama Game gets so much hate xD

A group of manga reader is to blame, they should have expected the flashback. I mean seriously, it said on MAL that IT GET ADAPT from BOTH of the manga, that where the flash back come in. Plus the short budget = 12 eps series.

As for the group who only watch anime, their waifu turned into a psychopath on ep 2, and they can't the horror/gore. And nothing make sense to them yet since they don't know how the character dying one by one, force sex, etcs... They wouldn't know unless they read the manga.

I personally don't pick like gore/horror, but I do pick up a series once a while. Still not a fan of it.

Nov 10, 2:23 PM

1. Characters are dumb and unlikeable. They all have seen that crazy bitch changed his character 180 degree and no reaction at all. They wanted to beat down a guy who knows anything about the game.

2. A lot of gory scenes for the sake of gore. I like gore though.

3. Almost every order is about fucking someone or something sexual. It is okay to have some of those, but 95% of time? This feels juvenile and edgy.

4. It is over the top gore, sex and edginess. It is nothing bad to have some(like Berserk`s Eclipse) but having it all the time makes it redundant and simply boring.

5. It has potential to be something much better but "muh edginess".

Nov 10, 2:44 PM

ttcchen said:
TheHonestThief said:

If People Bothered to Dub Isekai Wa Smartphone to Tomo ni than why not this? :v

Nov 10, 2:54 PM

I like it in the most ironic way possible.

Nov 10, 2:59 PM
Seiji Kishi-Fag

Haven't seen it yet (will watch it when its done) but one of the things I've seen in complaints is

- Severe Lack of Logic and Reasoning
- The character deaths or games are stupid
- Most if not all the cast are unlikable assholes
- A total disrespect of the original work which apparently they adapted the prequel and the sequel at the same time.
- Apparently also it was previously going to be 2 series which adapts the prequel and the sequel, but then they cut that and just made 1 season (don't know who made this idea, but a 2 cour would have been much more appealing than two series in one series, plus from what I've seen on the complaints the narrative is contrived). This is kind of connected to reason #4.
- Probably because of the major pretentiousness (I don't like to use the word but that's really what people are saying).

I can't speak for much, but that's really the trend I'm seeing with the series in terms of complaints.

Nov 10, 3:04 PM

It is terrible in every conceivable way, even by horror anime standards. The most appalling aspect is its use of "flashbacks". The specific problem is that this adaptation is meant to adapt the sequel series of the original King's Game manga, but the flashbacks are about the original series. The flashbacks often take up entire episodes, reveal nothing about about the rules of the game and the clue to ending the mystery, and doubles an already large cast size to Mayoiga sized proportions. The flashbacks are so lengthy that it essentially turns the current King's Game into a framing device. The worst part of all is that we know that everyone in the previous game sans Nobuaki died, and the lack of care for the characters fails to induce sympathy for all except the most novice viewers.

Which begs the question "Why did not they just adapt the original manga, instead of trying to mash two series together into some horrible abomination?"

This doesn't excuse the horribly inane actions that are neither explain by logical dispositions or "emotional logic". Parenthesis, because I believe that even if I disagree with the rationale someone uses, I still believe most, if not all human beings, obey some type of inner logic that would explain their actions, akin to an ideology of sorts.

There is very little of that. Actions are often too inconsistent with the previous ones to make any sort of sense. The deaths are tepid and unexciting, and the lack of any "endgame" is irritating.

What are the conditions for winning? What are the rules? Is any guaranteed to survive? Any mystery, etc?

To me, this anime is no better than locking four homicidal people in a room and telling them to go at it, with absolutely no promise of anything in reward. It is simply suffering without meaning, torture without purpose, and a story with no real ending.

It just exists, and to me, watching some unknown antagonist just toy with people for fun is boring.

Nov 10, 4:37 PM

-KaneKo- said:
ttcchen said:

If People Bothered to Dub Isekai Wa Smartphone to Tomo ni than why not this? :v
This is in a lot of ways worse than isekai smartphone. Not saying the latter is any good

Nov 10, 4:50 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

The only saving grace of this is the opening song.
EVERYDAY, WE STRAY FURTHER FROM KAMISAMA'S LIGHT

Nov 10, 4:56 PM

DatRandomDude said:
THIS IS THE END, THIS IS THE END

Nov 10, 4:58 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

KappaSquare said:
DatRandomDude said:
THIS IS THE END, THIS IS THE END
YOU'RE NOT ALONE IN THIS, MY FRIEND
EVERYDAY, WE STRAY FURTHER FROM KAMISAMA'S LIGHT

Nov 10, 5:03 PM

oooh spooky king's game

I haven't seen it but the concept is so cheesy it's funny, The king's game is supposed to be a fan service cliche.

New name but still the koolest kid on MAL!

Nov 10, 6:34 PM

the manga was legit fucking hysterical, some of the worst drama i have ever seen,

koolkai123 said:
oooh spooky king's game

I haven't seen it but the concept is so cheesy it's funny, The king's game is supposed to be a fan service cliche.
80% of the games have to do with sexual shit so dont worry it stays true to that, its just as awful as it sounds and theres a part where it plays literal cuckholdery as a dramatic set piece. Its an absolute blast of a disaster i highly recommend it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 10, 7:34 PM
1) Edgy.

2) Generic, boring and dumb characters (all)

3) Bad animation

4) Flasbacks.

5) Best opening of the season in the worst anime of the season.

6) Is a comedy, not a survival game

7) Laughable drama

8) Fanservice for the sake of the fanservice.

9) Plot holes.

10) No police/adults aware of the deaths.

11) MC design is Tatsumi from Akame ga kill
Modified by Burguburu, Nov 10, 8:02 PM

Nov 10, 8:06 PM

To be fair, I was continuing to watch more for any nipples. Though yeah, King is a fucking perv.

Nov 11, 8:18 AM

Because it's shit. And I didn't even read the manga.

Nov 11, 3:12 PM

I don't hate it at all. It's so bad it's good! XD

Nov 11, 4:29 PM
People hate it because it's terrible. I personally don't hate it, despite giving it a rating of 1.

It's highly entertaining and makes me laugh, so can't really complain much.

Nov 12, 9:45 AM

Why???? Wow you definitely must be new to the horror genre. It's officially the worst anime I've ever seen, and I'm pretty biased when it comes to horror and thriller. There's NOTHING right about this show, I really can't believe how bad it is. A waste of time, but you know, you can still laugh at it.

18♀ | ISTP | ES/ENG

Nov 12, 10:17 AM

FMmatron said:

But ends up looking like a Comedy

Nov 12, 12:30 PM

Not like tha manga is good anyways. The anime is also bad. There are lots of manga that deserved an adaptation but this crap gets one.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017

Nov 12, 12:43 PM
Emmm, because have low quaility:

Bad Animation
Bad Direction (So much flashback)
Bad sound (even have bad sync)
Also the deaths of the character are bad, looks like a 2005 anime

Nov 12, 1:58 PM
Starting this anime I expected to get attached to characters and be upset when they died, but nope I couldn't be more happy watching them all die because they're all insufferable.

I honestly can't stand a single character in the anime, and now that I went and read the manga I feel the same way about that too.

In animes like these I'm supposed to want to find out what's going on and why everyone's dying but I honestly really don't care, and heck now that I've read what it was I'm even more disappointed.

The point where we've gone full flashback mode to what the manga was is ridiculous as well, why didn't they just animate the manga? smh. (not like it would've been much better but jesus)

Nov 13, 1:56 AM
Irrational characters, and too much flashback. Honestly, there are plenty of bad cliches that I can still enjoy in an otherwise well executed story. I'm fine with characters having sex for stupid reasons, or being edgy. What I hate is characters that are boring, and when a story is going nowhere. All that's happening is we are slowly killing of a cast of uninteresting characters. At this point, I can at least enjoy "How to make horror almost funny" the animation while I wait for whatever bad twist they try to pull at the end.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »