Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kemono Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 7, 2017 9:11 AM

Aug 2008
https://seedmanc.github.io/japari-parkman/

I was developing a pacman-like game for quite a while already, and now it is finally done.

You play as Tsuchinoko in her Underground Labyrinth, collecting Sandstar and occasionally eating blue Japari buns as the colourful ceruleans pursue you.

The game has two modes, the default one is classic and is just that, the original Pacman with little modifications, for training purposes. The real game starts once you enable Japari Mode. This is where the new game tech emerges - the Fog of War, that limits the visibility by direct sight. Fortunately, as we might remember from the anime, Tsuchinoko has IR-vision, so you will not be completely in the dark regarding the enemy movements.

Beware of the barred walls, for you can't go through them while Ceruleans can and there will be more of those unexpected passages with every level. Make use of the vantage points - as we can remember, Ceruleans can't go up to high places. Should you find yourself in a pinch, be sure to summon Friends to help you, provided that you've found their items and have Japari Coins. Kaban will reveal the map for a while and Serval will protect you from cerulean attacks.

Let's see how well you can do in this reimagined classic, the highscores are tracked and the leaderboards are available after beating level 5.
Nov 10, 2017 12:54 PM

Sep 2014
How do I unlock the Japari mode?
Nov 10, 2017 1:38 PM

Aug 2008
What do you mean "unlock"? Just put the mark in the checkbox before starting a new game.
Nov 10, 2017 5:43 PM

Oct 2016
- it felt kinda slow for me. 2x speed might be good. japari mode went super slow for me, most probably because of my crappy laptop LOL
- didnt see the JAPARI MODE button. maybe change the location/appearance
- instead of checkbox JAPARI MODE, make 2 buttons with a TUTORIAL MODE
- in JAPARI MODE, maybe limit the straight vision to a few boxes. also hide the ghosts' indicator, unless its near like 5 box radius around you. even wide of fog can be adjusted. there should be a difficulty setting to apply these
- to me, it sounded like her shout and BGM suddenly appears without trigger
- mirai-chan's intro should only be played once. then it takes like a few sec to actually move
- maybe add a small window to show their faces (mirai-chan & tsuchinoko) & mood when they talk etc
(from a player that can't even beat lv1 LOL XD)
Nov 11, 2017 12:49 AM

Aug 2008
Thanks for report, now to the points.

- it is slow at the first level for the very reason to compensate for the difficulty so that people don't leave in frustration not being able to beat lvl1. Gets faster with the levels as in the original Pac-man. There's a setting to help with low fps in the game, also try enabling HW acceleration in FF or use chrome.
- seems to be a problem, but I decided to leave it as is so people will eventually discover it on their own, and BAM there's a whole new game there! Remember, underground labyrinth is about exploration. Until then they can enjoy classic mode.
- good points, I was thinking about that but decided to leave until further versions. It will increase difficulty and as you said you couldn't even get past lvl1.
- BGM appears when the ceruleans switch to pursue mode from the scatter mode, shout comes when a new life is earned once per 10000 points
- there's no Mirai summon, I planned to add her in the future.
ChitOKunNov 12, 2017 12:19 AM
Mar 29, 2018 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
An update v1.1 has been released to Japari Parkman, my Tsuchinoko Pacman mod set in the Underground Labyrinth of ep.4

This update fixes the most reported issues of the game:

Eaten dots no longer reappear after player's death, this should both reduce the difficuly and bring the game closer to the original Pacman in behavior. Note, however, that this reduces the potential highscores by half.

The game no longer speeds up on high-fps displays, now you have the option to fix FPS to 60 (it should automatically detect if it's needed). Having it enabled with the regular 60fps displays is not recommended, though.

Mobile support is introduced. I've seen people trying to play it on phones even before for those with hardware keyboards. Now the player can be controlled by clicks/taps. I'll be surprised if anybody makes it past even a couple of levels on mobile though.
Android Chrome and Firefox were tested. On Chrome, unfortunately there would be no sound unless you go to chrome://flags and set autoplay policy to "no user gesture required". FF plays fine, but it's slower.

Various cosmetics and bug fixes as well as the optimizations were made in addition to that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Jan 10, 2017

82 by BlueCrowned »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:14 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 3 Discussion

Aversa - Jan 24, 2017

39 by HatsuneYugi39 »»
Jul 24, 2022 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Mar 28, 2017

134 by Mat2468xk »»
May 21, 2022 5:35 AM

» Terrible first episode?

ShadowMonkey - Aug 23, 2018

3 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 12, 2022 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kemono Friends Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - Mar 21, 2017

80 by ouenji-juusu »»
Feb 22, 2022 12:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.