Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 7, 2017 5:33 AM

Oct 2014
ironace is the leader of the Black faction
lunaticsrus is the leader of the Red faction

Assassin of Black: Mata Hari (2 Noble Phantasms)

Vs.

Rider of Red: Perseus (2 Noble Phantasms)

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 14, 2017 5:41 AM

Dec 2013
Locations:(both in daylight)
France-the place where her popularity began
Leeuwarden-her place of birth

Back ground:
Mata hari was a renowned (strip)dancer of her time who was accused of killing thousands of soldiers and stealing documents of the french during WW2.She was killed soon after without much though given to her allies.
She wants to get another life from the grail as she has already experienced a life of being a celebrity and now wants nothing to do with it.
STATS::
agility-S;
Strength-D;
endurance-C;
Magical power-B;
good luck-B;

Abilities-
-aura of calmness=she has an area around her body in which people of B rank and below magical ability cannot help but let their guard down.No matter what happens before or after, when one enters that range(approximately a radius of about 5 meters) they will let down their guard.People of higher rank will not let down their guard but their reactions will be slowed slightly.
-Expert Counter artist=she is a master artist who has studied wing chun, which has been honed to such a level that she can also counter people with the same abilities. Furthermore, the fact that wing chun was originally made to use one's balance against himself, she will always have an upper hand in balance and can topple the opponent's balance as well.
-Plain daylight=She is a famous person who has been know to have killed alot of people.Under any form of light(from fire to sunlight),her abilities will increase-with sunlight being the strongest one(ALL abilities given a rank up).
-Weakness detector=she can find out the weakness of any opponent after being in a fight with it for 5 minutes.

This time i did all of this in a hurry so if she seems broken then....sorry >_<
Nov 14, 2017 6:06 AM

Aug 2010
I see she is the archetype for the Femme Fatale, so i'm cool with all her powers you gave her.
stepping away from the grail war for a second, did the real Mata Hari ever kill anyone? It looks like she was a spy who only spied on one specific dude. And that dude didnt even know anything.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Nov 14, 2017 6:59 AM

Dec 2013
Im not sure about that. Some say she was falsely accused while others have her on their top ten list of greatest assasins(thats how i came to know her).
From the book that i read about her('the spy-mind you it was so boring and i had little time to complete it) it seems she only talked about gossips to feel special after her career was failing.And only one guy accused her-captain something but WW2 paranoia couldnt let her go free.
Nov 14, 2017 7:00 AM

Dec 2013
tbh, i have no idea what to do about her noble phantasms. Its been so long that ive forgotten them all :^)
Nov 14, 2017 9:00 AM

Aug 2010
hahaha i wrote all my ideas down on wordpad when we first started this shindig
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Nov 14, 2017 10:29 PM

Aug 2010
background: Perseus is a great hero and demi-god. He is the half son of zeus and great grandfather of Heracles. He is best known for having slayed Medusa and killing the Kraken. He later founded Mycenae and ruled as king for awhile. He was eventually killed by one of his cousins out of jealousy. Perseus cant accept the way he died. After all the heroics, he simply wishes to die a more heroic death or a death surrounded by family. Not from some simple backstabbing.

locations: Mycenae, Greece
Athens, Greece

stats:

Good Luck- C
Magical Power- C
Agility- A
Endurance - B
Strength- A

skills:
rider - He rides the mythical Pegasus. A flying horse that sprung from the decapitated body of medusa

demi-god: Being a demi-god, Perseus has above average physical traits

Divine Guidance: Athena has a soft spot for Perseus and will often send subtle hints to guide him through his tasks

warrior skills: An expert combatant with a sword and an expert in greek wrestling
Nov 17, 2017 9:18 AM

Oct 2014
@lunaticsrus you haven't sent Noble Phantasms
Nov 17, 2017 10:19 AM

Oct 2014
Potential Locations:
1=France
2=Leeuwarden
3= Mycenae, Greece
4= Athens, Greece

Location chosen: 4= Athens, Greece

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mata Hari's noble phantasms:

1.Exotic dance

If she uses mana while dancing each of her moves will cause a ripple in the air. these ripples when strike the enemies will not do anything for a while, but later on they will hinder their movement, cause nausea and poison the target.
The poison's effectiveness will increase over time and the only way to remove it is by the will of Mata Hari.The faster she dances, the faster the ripples are created and their speed increases, but mana consumption slightly increases over time.

2.Open book

in an area of 10m around mata hari, the opponent cannot help but reveal his intentions. Be it his next move, or his purpose for fighting, he will reveal it all if he comes close enough.And he will do the exact move he said he would.The opponent cannot do anything about it.

Perseus's noble phantasms:

1.Medusa's head

Able to use medusa's head to turn those who look at it to stone.

2.Gift from the Ancients

Perseus summons armor/equipment that was gifted to him for his fight with Medusa. He receives:
-The adamantine sword of zeus - an indestructible sword
-The winged sandals of hermes - that grant flight and a minor speed boost
-Helm of darkness from hades - grants invisibility when not moving
-Polished shield of a athena - a powerful shield, able to reflect light and certain types of magic (like laser beams or lightning since they are light)

Time for Stage 6!
Nov 19, 2017 3:35 AM

Dec 2013
fkin hell, if it was any other servant of mine, i wouldve been fked. That divine guidence and the gift of the ancients is too op.
Good thing thing battle is against mata hari, who seems to act like a foil to perseus.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets get to business, divine guidence is not quite useful here as even if Perseus makes a battle plan, mata can find out about it easily.
secondly, Perseus will not be at the top of his game because of the aura of calmness and due to him having smaller magical power.His guard will always be down while his reaction speed will be slower than normal.Not to mention, mata has superior speed so she can easily counter most of his attacks and even topple his balence. If its daylight in Athens, im sure this will be more advantageous to mata than preseus. Perseus also needs to see in the dark or else he wont be able to do much against an assassin.So she will have a boost in abilities as well.
Also note, that she can dance which will show its effectiveness later on.
Nov 19, 2017 8:00 AM

Aug 2010
in my mind, divine guidance worked more like such - if perseus finds himself at a fork in the road and he's really not sure where to go. Maybe a slight gust of wind will blow down the correct path. Perseus then has to notice it.

I didnt think gift from the ancients was all that OP because all though he gets an armor set, none of it has any particularly strong abilities aside from the ability to reflect light based magic. Which doesnt even come in handy here lol.
Nov 19, 2017 8:07 AM

Aug 2010
Mata hari doesnt seem to have any defense vs the petrifying gaze of Medusa's head.
All Perseus needs to do is find the right time to use it. Luckily he may be able to use his Helm of Darkness to wait and find himself an opening. Perseus is also a rider. He can ride his Winged Horse into battle. I get the feeling martial arts doesnt work so well when you risk being trampled by a horse. Perseus himself his fairly strong compared to Mata Hari, so hes not all that afraid of getting into conflict.
Nov 21, 2017 4:14 PM

Dec 2013
hmm, i guess they are not all that op, but if used correctly, most of my servants would've been dead as door nails.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like you are underestimating mata hari too much. The power of information is quite useful. Perseus will not know of any of mata hari's abilities while he will spew out all of his info as soon as he gets into range, which he will.
He will also not be on guard and will always act clumsily if he is really really close to her. So even if he hides and tries to use medusa's head, he will make a lot of sound and since mata hari has superior speed she will rush away soon. Also, you forget that if the fight goes on long enough then perseus will be poisoned and will be weakened further more.The longer the fight goes, the worse it is for perseus. And he cannot finish the fight quickly as then he will have to be in range.
Nov 21, 2017 10:44 PM

Aug 2010
What does he really need to know about Mata Hari. Perseus can fly. She cant fight him from up in the air. He can choose his time to strike.
aside from she cant hit him with dancing while he's soaring in the air, I dont see how Mata Hari will get the opportunity to dance. She'll be too busy fighting or fleeing. And it will be hard to flee when i have a vantage from the skies.

I dont think perseus needs to hide and look for opportunities to use medusas head. I think Mata Hari needs to run and hide in order to avoid it.
Nov 22, 2017 4:06 AM

Oct 2014
Results might come tomorrow or Friday.
Nov 25, 2017 6:36 AM

Oct 2014

[+2 Perseus]
[+1 Mata Hari]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skills:[4 points]

Rider - Flying horse Pegasus keeps Perseus out of Mata Hari's range and generally gives him a better advantage in close quarters aswell, however, if Perseus wants to attack he will still have to enter the range of "Aura of calmness" [+1 Perseus]

Aura of calmness - Perseus lets his guard down and his movements are slowed, easier for Mata Hari to drag the fight out and take advantage of her other skills "Expert Counter artist" and "Weakness detector" [+1 Mata Hari]

Weakness detector- Mata Hari has S rank in Agility and B rank in Luck, both of these stats are above Persues's ones, so it will allow her to drag the fight for longer than 5 minutes and take advantage of this skill, exposing some of the weaknesses of both Perseus and the mythical horse Pegasus [+1 Mata Hari]

Expert Counter artist/ warrior skills -"aura of calmness" does slow down Perseus, rending him more vulnerable to "Expert Counter artist", but on the hand, Mata Hari has to deal with not only Persues(who has above average Physical traits) but also the mythical horse Pegasus [+1 Perseus]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noble Phantasm: [6 points]

Exotic dance - Mata Hari can affect both Perseus and the flying horse Pagasus with this noble Phantasm, hindering their movement, cause nausea and poison the target(damage over time). [+1 Mata Hari]

Open book - in an area of 10m around Mata Hari, Perseus will always reveal his next move and intentions, trying to attack Mata Hari becomes very dangerous and more often than not, she will be able to think of a fitting counter for the attack Perseus said he's going to make. [+2 Mata Hari]

Medusa's head - Perseus can use Medusa's head when he's out of the range of "Open Book" Mata Hari will always need some type of cover nearby so she doesn't turn into stone [+1 Perseus]

Gift from the Ancients:
Helm of darkness from hades - will allow Perseus to become invisible when not moving, he could get out of Mata Hari's sight while flying on Pegasus and then activate this, Mata Hari will have no idea where he is unless she gets close enough for "Open book" to activate. combine this with "Medusa's Head" and you have a fatal situation for Mata Hari [+2 Perseus]
Perseus: 7/13

Mata Hari: 6/13

Winner: Perseus
Nov 25, 2017 6:46 AM

Oct 2014
Nov 25, 2017 12:54 PM

Aug 2010
good round!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Good fight scenes

ComboSmooth - May 19, 2015

38 by ComboSmooth »»
May 22, 2018 6:45 AM

» Fate/Great Grail War Round 7: Blackbeard vs. Sun Wukong

Adatius - Dec 23, 2017

24 by ComboSmooth »»
Jan 16, 2018 12:26 PM

» Fate/Great Grail War Round 6: Mad Jack vs. Beowulf

Adatius - Dec 9, 2017

11 by Adatius »»
Dec 23, 2017 4:09 AM

» Fate/Great Grail War Round 5: ZORRO vs. Oda Nobunaga

Adatius - Nov 25, 2017

12 by ironace »»
Dec 9, 2017 8:43 AM

» Fate/Great Grail War Round 3: Tipu Sultan vs. William Wallace

Adatius - Oct 20, 2017

20 by ironace »»
Nov 7, 2017 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.