Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2017 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kuro in a nutshell...
He still need to improve a lot more if he wants to beat Karin.

I have to admit, the episode was awkward with Kuro dressing up like a girl. A complete blonde hair wig to go with it. Not to mention, they even got a on date lol. I'm not surprised that Touta didn't notice because of how dense he is.

Nov 6, 2017 9:58 AM
Aug 2013
I'm new to posting here but I was wondering, how exactly are you able to talk about what had happened in this episode when its been delayed in english as well as doesn't have a raw version on the net to speak of yet
Nov 6, 2017 10:59 AM
Oct 2017
Wow.. Kuromaru is really cute with a blonde hair. Now I ship them with Touta!

Lol, that perverted guy is here again and he fights Touta and Kuromaru. Anyway, this is a really good episode for Kuromaru which explains his/her gender. Fight scenes are good as always and I'm looking forward to the next episode: " Reset and Restart". I'm hype to see Kirie and the future fights!
IDoNotHaveANameNov 6, 2017 11:10 AM
Nov 6, 2017 12:04 PM

Sep 2015
Hmmm. I have mixed feelings so far. I just read the 11 Volume of the Manga and so far i felt the story was very rushed. But now it seems like they are mixing up the events from the manga in a different order.

Just dont want to be spoiled by the anime about future manga volumes^^!
This is just the beginning...

Nov 6, 2017 2:23 PM

Apr 2012
crusixpyro said:
I'm new to posting here but I was wondering, how exactly are you able to talk about what had happened in this episode when its been delayed in english as well as doesn't have a raw version on the net to speak of yet

He watches the Japanese TV live broadcast.
Nov 6, 2017 5:08 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
bout god damn time this got subbed

DAT ASS
Nov 6, 2017 7:30 PM

Nov 2014
It's intriguing how Kuroumaru's non-binary-ness is being handled. He identifies as a male; he physically (or physiologically) appears female; and, in accordance with Yata no Karasu clan tradition, will settle on a gender for his 16th birthday.

Kuroumaru's feelings for Touta are pretty obvious at this point. Karin wants him to choose to be female so that—for personal reasons—Kuroumaru can become a pair with Touta.

Ikkuu comes up with the clever idea of having Kuroumaru dress as a girl, and go on a date with Touta to verify his feelings. They're ambushed, and Kuroumaru has to use the strength of his male body to save them (perhaps because his female form hasn't received as much training).

In the end, the question as to which gender Kuroumaru will ultimately choose is still open.

That was fun.

5/5
Nov 6, 2017 10:39 PM

Nov 2009
XxXBlazeXxX93 said:
Hmmm. I have mixed feelings so far. I just read the 11 Volume of the Manga and so far i felt the story was very rushed. But now it seems like they are mixing up the events from the manga in a different order.

Good news is, manga is apparently translated more-or-less in real time, so you can just pirate read it to its current state, so that you would be impossible to spoil.
Also, with the way anime remixes stuff, you can't really be spoiled much of manga by anime. Large portions of manga did not happen or happened differently.

aikaflip said:
They're ambushed, and Kuroumaru has to use the strength of his male body to save them (perhaps because his female form hasn't received as much training).

The weird part is, Kuromaru has the exact same body in his disguise. The only reason he might have problems bringing out his strength as a girl are psychological.
Nov 6, 2017 10:48 PM

Dec 2013
Somewhat random filler-ish episode Kuroumaru which was still enjoyable to watch.

I’m looking forward to the next episode a lot more tho
Nov 6, 2017 11:54 PM

Jul 2016
Akamatsu's horrible anime adaptation curse was never disappointing me. Rushed but okay-ish episode, that's it.

I really have no idea what should I said about this anime anymore after watching this episode other than "WTF" and "Fuck Akamatsu and the anime staff teams".
MahiaErebeaNegiNov 7, 2017 12:12 AM
Nov 7, 2017 1:02 AM
Nov 2017
this anime never dissapoint me, although i know what is kuromaru decide which one(he/her) on 16th birthday, I'm still excited to watch it
Nov 7, 2017 1:59 AM

Oct 2012
Choose female Kuromaru XD..............
or stuck in Friendzone ....
Nothing To See
Nov 7, 2017 4:41 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode. Funny how Kuroumaru got teased by Karin, and Touta's sword.
The fight scene was also cool. That Ninja guy came back, but I got to say that the guy he was with(Asura) was pretty powerful.
Nov 7, 2017 4:57 AM
Aug 2017
Funny filler episode.

Totally shipping Kuro-girl shes so cute
Nov 7, 2017 7:04 AM
Nov 2015
I have watched negima where he form pacts with every girl of class make pacts.
Now i want to know is there anything left to watch before starting uq holder????
Nov 7, 2017 7:16 AM

Jun 2007
flannan said:
XxXBlazeXxX93 said:

Good news is, manga is apparently translated more-or-less in real time, so you can just pirate read it to its current state, so that you would be impossible to spoil.
Also, with the way anime remixes stuff, you can't really be spoiled much of manga by anime. Large portions of manga did not happen or happened differently.

aikaflip said:
They're ambushed, and Kuroumaru has to use the strength of his male body to save them (perhaps because his female form hasn't received as much training).

The weird part is, Kuromaru has the exact same body in his disguise. The only reason he might have problems bringing out his strength as a girl are psychological.

The manga made a little more sense on this part. In the manga, Kuromaru's feelings towards Tota are gradually causing his/her body to become more feminine. During their date, it gets to the point where Kuromaru is about to become a full girl when they are attacked (so Kuromaru actually IS trying to fight in a girl's body but finds that he/she has lost physical strength).
Nov 7, 2017 7:28 AM

Dec 2014
ok this was kinda sweet..this episode
Nov 7, 2017 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
So many stuff skipped/rushed, Akamatsu's work adaption always bad for some reason.

RCRDC said:
Funny filler episode.

I think it's not filler since it's available in the manga.
Nov 7, 2017 8:28 AM

Nov 2009
Aayush_Sharma said:
I have watched negima where he form pacts with every girl of class make pacts.
Now i want to know is there anything left to watch before starting uq holder????

Basically, read the Mahou Sensei Negima manga. It rocks.
If you don't want to read manga, just start watching UQ Holder and don't worry.

sandykho47 said:
So many stuff skipped/rushed, Akamatsu's work adaption always bad for some reason.

RCRDC said:
Funny filler episode.

I think it's not filler since it's available in the manga.

I think it's a setup for a glorious fight with Fate (the white-haired white-clothed pretty boy we saw a couple of times in the ends of episodes). Since they broke the original one.
flannanNov 7, 2017 8:33 AM
Nov 7, 2017 9:51 AM

Jan 2008
Need alternate story where Kuromaru chooses female as default.
Nov 7, 2017 11:47 AM
Aug 2016
I'm reading the manga und the anime and I'm a fan of Kuromaru as character and I'm very disappointed with this episode. Not only is it out of order, but they even mixed up the characters introducing the idea to Kuromaru, because Kirie wasn't introduced yet. Also as someone else pointed out is the point of this arc, that Kuromaru is conflicted between being a boy and girl, because they've feelings for Touta, but get weaker as they're body turns more female as the result of this.

Also it may seem really weird for anime watchers, how Kuromaru got from "I'm a boy! I'm a boy!" to "I have a date with Touta, yeah!", because all the stuff in between is missing. I'm not sure, but I think they just skipped 4 volumes of the manga? At least two big fights? And now they seem to continue were they left off. I'm really disappointed.
Nov 7, 2017 2:07 PM
Mar 2016
Wtf, you mean to tell me that there is difference to Kuromaru's gender with the way he or she fights?????
Nov 7, 2017 3:44 PM

Dec 2009

Keeping true to Akamatsu's style of delivering important technicalities in context and background, without needing verbose explanation.

Classic.

With Kirie doing her mounds, we're in for the serious shit pretty quick.

@NPSao
Are you sure it was physically weaker, and not just the idea of femininity being seen as weakness? ie becoming more sub and emotional as opposed to someone who can stand proud beside? It's been a while since i read that part of the manga. It sounded more like lack of confidence to me.
GenesisAriaNov 7, 2017 4:07 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 7, 2017 3:51 PM

Oct 2017
I don’t get how he can switch organs and hair color so easily. Like hes editing his body at the DNA level somehow and relying on his regeneration to replace the old cells? If that’s the case he hair would have to grow out to change color. Magic hair dye? At any rate, why doesn’t he grow an eye on the back of his head, or an extra arm or bigger muscles to fight with.
Nov 7, 2017 4:12 PM

Dec 2009
@Username23489023
I'm pretty sure that the hair colour was a spell or dye which was expelled when Kuromaru regenerated. Kuromaru's gender thing is just hormones and sex allocation, not dna mutating.

Nov 7, 2017 4:44 PM

Oct 2017
GenesisAria said:
@Username23489023
I'm pretty sure that the hair colour was a spell or dye which was expelled when Kuromaru regenerated. Kuromaru's gender thing is just hormones and sex allocation, not dna mutating.

In humans, animals, your DNA determines your sex. Hormones alone wont grow a vulva, ovaries, etc. That is why him turning into a woman, requires a DNA change. If it doesn’t require that, and it is purely magical, then why even have a human body at all?
Nov 7, 2017 5:17 PM
Aug 2016
GenesisAria said:

@NPSao
Are you sure it was physically weaker, and not just the idea of femininity being seen as weakness? ie becoming more sub and emotional as opposed to someone who can stand proud beside? It's been a while since i read that part of the manga. It sounded more like lack of confidence to me.

I thought so, because in the manga prior to this Kuromoru is complaining that their body is becoming more feminine (like adeveloping chest) because of the feelings for touta. So I thought that Kuromaru's mental state has a direct influence on Kuromaru's physique.
Nov 7, 2017 6:11 PM

Dec 2009
Username23489023 said:
GenesisAria said:
@Username23489023

In humans, animals, your DNA determines your sex. Hormones alone wont grow a vulva, ovaries, etc. That is why him turning into a woman, requires a DNA change. If it doesn’t require that, and it is purely magical, then why even have a human body at all?

This is actually incorrect. There are animal species that are born sexless or spontaneously change sex.

Nov 7, 2017 10:16 PM

Jun 2016

I've always known that Kuromaru is a girl, I mean it's pretty evident from the get-go. Lmao. Pretty much everyone can tell he/she has feelings for Touta. Haha.

Karin and that other UQ Holder helped her to transform into a girl and oh god she's so beautiful when she's blonde. <3 Though, I still prefer her black hair. :)

"What are you saying, Kuryu-san? You're super cute." Pffffft.

MY PRECIOUS KUROMARU IS SO IN LOVE. D'AWW. Hahaha. <3

They were attacked, but Kuro saves the day. So, he/she'll stay as a male then? But I want him/her and Touta to be together. Heck, I'll start shipping them from now on. Hehe.

What an adorable episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 8, 2017 12:46 AM

Oct 2008
The OP character makes an appearance: Fate Averruncus!
That shekushi ass, hips and pantsu of Kuromaru was so ERO! (scene: 18:25)
4/5.

Nov 8, 2017 4:16 AM

Nov 2014
a bit dissapointed they skipped Karin x Kuroumaru "big secret" in episode 4 last month..

But yeah.. I am impressed they could merge at least 3 chapters in 3 different volume (12 / 31 / 101 with 3 chapters in volume 10 as a core) perfectly in this episode..
which finally eksposed about Kuroumaru's gender.. :)

Kuroumaru is my fav character.. and This episode is awesome.. 5/5
Nov 8, 2017 6:07 AM

May 2012
Good episode. I really liked it and blond Kuro looks cute

Some people here are hating it because of the adaption. Who cares ? As anime only watcher I'm enjoying this anime. You don't need a proper adaptation to enjoy an anime.
Nov 8, 2017 7:49 AM

Jul 2016
thepath said:
You don't need a proper adaptation to enjoy an anime.

That may be true, but ONLY if the filler story was enjoyable, plots being good enough and didn't have some dumb, rushing and confusing moments (Which is exactly the MAIN problem about this anime and 95% of Akamatsu's anime adaptation is).

Though this episode is INDEED based on the manga chapters...... in a mixed and rushed way. The manga of this part is suddenly came up AFTER Kuromaru's body started to become more feminine, but the anime shows this earlier when he is STILL claim he want to be a guy in the previous episodes WITHOUT even developing his feeling towards Touta (They did in the previous episodes but not that much tho). Not to mention Kirie (The blonde hair girl with glasses who appeared a few time in this episode) is the one who tell Kuromaru to crossdress as a girl instead of Ikku and Karin in the manga (And also the combining 3 chapters from around 30-ish and 100-ish chapters into one episode which feel a bit out of place to me).
MahiaErebeaNegiNov 8, 2017 7:54 AM
Nov 8, 2017 8:32 AM

Sep 2008
In the original manga, it was Kirie who encouraged Kuroumaru to wear a dress and go on a date with Touta under the disguise. Also, uh is Santa going to show up in the anime? On the cast list, his name is not listed at all.
Nov 8, 2017 11:51 PM

Jul 2016
jcdizon416 said:
Also, uh is Santa going to show up in the anime? On the cast list, his name is not listed at all.

Santa make a cameo appearance in episode 2, but it seem like he and the Sayako Arc will not gonna adapted into the anime along with Dana and the Training Arc. (If this source is true: https://2ch.vet/re_toro_anime_1507520700_2_86)
Nov 9, 2017 8:56 PM

Apr 2011
Username23489023 said:
GenesisAria said:
@Username23489023

It's an anime man, are you seriously trying to find logic in it ?

There are IMMORTAL people in it for crying out loud... Some of them can still move their bodies even when their head is cut off. Don't try to apply biology to this anime LUL
Nov 10, 2017 8:30 AM

Jul 2015
Valaskjalf said:
Username23489023 said:

There are IMMORTAL people in it for crying out loud... Some of them can still move their bodies even when their head is cut off. Don't try to apply biology to this anime LUL

Valaskjalf said:

Only someone who doesn't understand the actual meaning of the word "logic" would say something like this. It is not a synonym for "realistic" or "possible."

That being said, I would argue against him that those questions have perfectly valid explanations implied.

Kuroumaru's body is "enchanted" by magic to change into whichever gender he feels he identifies with. It's not something that he has conscious control over beyond identifying with a gender, and it's not like the spell itself has a mind and agenda to do anything besides the effects that have already been defined.

It's like asking a computer program why it doesn't just do something else with it's resources. It simply isn't made to.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) KonoSuba is overrated~
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ^) Fanservice is a good thing~
Nov 11, 2017 3:27 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Username23489023 said:
GenesisAria said:
@Username23489023

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_change#Natural_sex_change

Also talking about DNA Kuromaru's race can simply have both male and female DNA in them.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 11, 2017 4:41 AM
Jan 2013
Be A Man!Do the right thing.

Lol at Karin wanting to pair them up so that Evangeline will be with her instead of Touta.

Karin x Evangeline yuri otp confirmed.
genesic123Nov 11, 2017 4:48 AM

Nov 11, 2017 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
What a pity, they could make the most of this episode, but at least they realized something more about Kuromaru's character.
Nov 15, 2017 6:40 AM
Apr 2017
Isn't this the ULTIMATE TRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP??????????
Nov 20, 2017 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
Hmmm... dunno how to feel with this. It's obvisous she feels as a woman and she want the role of the boy only because of all those powers which is wrong. It's not like she couldn't protect him even in woman's body, it's just she isn't train to move in one, that's all. If this anime ends up with her changing into man in the end, that would be pretty no-no for me. But guess this is not the end stop for her, she'll probably change few more times in the future.

So what's worse, not having powers or denying your feelings for Tota for the rest of your life? I think the answer should be obvious.
Nov 23, 2017 10:22 PM

May 2017

Huh... Blond Kuromaru looks a lot like Tendou Karen from "Gamers!".
Dec 23, 2017 1:29 AM

Sep 2012
Kuromaru is dummy issue isn't girls body its that she hasn't train her girls body if she trains she can get that to same lvl as her trans body

Mich666 said:
Hmmm... dunno how to feel with this. It's obvisous she feels as a woman and she want the role of the boy only because of all those powers which is wrong. It's not like she couldn't protect him even in woman's body, it's just she isn't train to move in one, that's all. If this anime ends up with her changing into man in the end, that would be pretty no-no for me. But guess this is not the end stop for her, she'll probably change few more times in the future.

So what's worse, not having powers or denying your feelings for Tota for the rest of your life? I think the answer should be obvious.

i agree
Jan 15, 2018 4:49 AM

Jan 2014
so Kuromaru are that type of immortal.
also what kind of immortal that Ikku guy.
he's like the guy from Inuyashiki, can transform into a machine or something like that.

I was wondering how on earth those hunters walk to the tower while holding those gigantic sword all the time. I'm pretty sure the security wouldn't let them walk freely.

seeing Kirie is like looking at Oshino Shinobu cosplaying loli Hanekawa Tsubasa.
is she also a vampire?
Jan 21, 2018 3:28 AM

Jun 2008
Kuromaru is a bisexual’s dream come true!

It would be soooo great if he/she could literally alternate between both sexes!

So, everyday I can choose girl or boy...I’m salivating at this idea.

Apr 9, 2019 2:59 AM

May 2016
That would be a hard choice to make.
Oct 14, 2019 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
Huh.... so she was kind of a inbetween after all. Though in my head she already was a girl all along, so hopefully she chooses that in the end.
Mar 30, 2022 12:05 PM

Nov 2010
I really like Kuroumaru's outfit, she really looks cute in it!

Being immortal is nice, especially when you have a really pretty immortal waifu by your side.
Nov 5, 2022 6:52 AM
May 2020
Nice Story and Animations ;3

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

36 by MyAnimeList94 »»
Jun 23, 2023 4:11 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

80 by Maknae19 »»
Jun 5, 2023 12:21 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2017

67 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Apr 11, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2017

59 by Dudes3712 »»
Feb 20, 2023 12:56 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2017

43 by dontknow14 »»
Sep 7, 2022 9:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.