Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ACCA 13-Territory Inspection Department
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 6, 2017 5:07 AM

Jun 2016
I have been disappointed by this work. This happens, not everyone likes everything you can say and I should move on but my problem is: it is not the shows fault.

I got set up to get disappointed by misinformation provided by MAL.

I feel, I am part of the target audience for this anime. I crave for political aspects, love the police setting still I can live without action and am open for experimentations.
Yet my expectations have been distorted so much by the information provided that I am literary pissed off enough to write this ranting thread here.

1. The first Genre should be defining for show. So you could expect some Police related story that is unspecific enough for not getting any other Tag (like Action, Mystery, Adventure) in front as primary genre. The problem is mostly there is no story at all. The majority of the watching time is used for world building (introduction of the districts) and the daily life of an officer and his food addicted sister.
There is nothing wrong with the slow progression of a story but here the majority of viewing time contributes nothing or very little to the story(if not totally irrelevant to it) , which only really emerges in the last third.

There is a name for this and it is called Slice of life. A slice of life spiced up with a story at the end. OR a wanna-be “police” story that looses itself in slice of life. Providing this information could adjust the expectation and save a lot frustration for many viewers.
That the quality of this major portion is suboptimal executed, is the shows issue. There is no need to hide what this anime is.

2 There are two tags that suggest a serious content or even a dark undertone for this work: the genre Seinen and the rating R+17. With this little story I really have to question what exactly justifies Seinen here (In case this work has any demographic preference at all which is not the case in my opinion). Is it the political content [are politics for boys only now??]? It is so simplified and slowly told there is nothing a younger audience wouldn’t be able to understand[what exactly is mature here?]. But maybe it’s just that our definition of Seinen differ? Fine.

But please would you mind to explain where the fucking hell do you see violence or profanity in this work? While in other cases a child happily killing people with a smile on his face gets PG13???? (https://myanimelist.net/anime/237/Eureka_Seven)
I mean: what the fuck is wrong with you guys?

3 Ahm, we could discuss Fantasy and Drama too but I read your definition and… it will just be too much. I am certain many of the Mal viewers will disagree with the way you define these Genres, but the thread got long enough already as it is.

Clear the Ring! :D
May 8, 2023 3:23 PM
Oct 2015
I think puting mystery or suspense fits
May 8, 2023 3:29 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It's Seinen because the manga it's adapting is from a Seinen magazine. Thats it.

It's not that deep.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

More topics from this board

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2017

89 by fast2611 »»
Feb 1, 3:11 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2017

74 by milk_bun »»
Oct 24, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2017

116 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 4:50 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

200 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 19, 2023 2:37 AM

Poll: » ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

143 by Netbug »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.