Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 5, 2017 9:04 AM

May 2016
Are we really going to assume Shinij is unintended anime original?

Ok, if it is being the source material, the visual novel, I agree that there is no shinji scene but srs, do you guy really think it is because of the meme or Nasu want to implement something for his character?

Actually, my ground for this question comes from Nasu previous works. HA and CCC.
In HA we have Shinji as a victim.
In CCC we had Shinji as a coward but with some redeeming value.

So isn't it is Nasu himself that want to make up for Shinji character?

what are your thought on this?
Nov 6, 2017 12:22 AM

Nov 2013
Don't really care. It's way too late now to make him a likable character, considering all three routes and what he does in them.
Nov 6, 2017 1:13 AM

Aug 2009
Getting some background info isnt bad.

That adide in HA he is comic relief and in Extra he isnt even the real thing.
Nov 6, 2017 7:27 PM

May 2016
Botato said:
Don't really care. It's way too late now to make him a likable character, considering all three routes and what he does in them.
Does redeeming a character really need it to be likeable tho?

ssjokg said:

comic relief doesn't nothing new can't be add. Atleast we learn from it that Shinji is also a victim. Extra no, I'm talking about CCC. He's coward, true, but in the end, he gathered enough resolve to do what he think what needs to be done. So, it makes me felt that Nasu wants to do something with Shinji rather than left him as a despicable person as he is.
Which left me a question, Is it really because of ufomeme that shinji got his scene time in HF? or Is it Nasu that want to add something for Shinji?
Nov 6, 2017 7:51 PM

Aug 2009
Cactii said:
Botato said:

ssjokg said:

comic relief doesn't nothing new can't be add. Atleast we learn from it that Shinji is also a victim. Extra no, I'm talking about CCC. He's coward, true, but in the end, he gathered enough resolve to do what he think what needs to be done. So, it makes me felt that Nasu wants to do something with Shinji rather than left him as a despicable person as he is.
Which left me a question, Is it really because of ufomeme that shinji got his scene time in HF? or Is it Nasu that want to add something for Shinji?

Shinji being a victim doesnt mean he will become likeable or be excused. I cant imagine what Sakura should have done in this case.

Extra and CCC shinji are a random kid using his appearence as an avatar.He isnt the actual thing.
Nov 6, 2017 8:01 PM

May 2016
ssjokg said:
Cactii said:

Shinji being a victim doesnt mean he will become likeable or be excused. I cant imagine what Sakura should have done in this case.

Extra and CCC shinji are a random kid using his appearence as an avatar.He isnt the actual thing.
Is the question really about making Shinji a likeable character though? I don't think Nasu ever "really" tried to excuse what Shinji had done nor did he try to justify it. If he did that it would only degrade the quality of his writing. But I think he's trying to show more of Shinji "circumstance" what had driven him to do what he had done, his own cowardness and insecurity. But people blame meme when Nasu trying to add something to this character.
Nov 20, 2017 11:05 PM

Apr 2012
If Roy Moore is still running in Alabama, we can have more Shinji scenes.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

500 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:43 PM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

32 by ZachyMoof »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:44 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.