Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2017 7:30 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
yes Smoothie looks so great in the anime!! makes me even more excited to see the last commander (manga readers know who I'm talking about!)
also gotta love the Germa 66 fanboy
Nov 4, 2017 7:49 PM

Dec 2016
Real nice to see Brook and Pedro again!

Also cool to see Smoothie in full light for the first time
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 4, 2017 9:21 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Luffy and Nami trapped in a book. :(
Them shots of Nami this episode, focusing on all the right areas. XD

We finally get to see Smoothie and the poneglyphs along with Brook and Pedro.

It's also interesting to note that despite the huge collector Big Mom seems to be, there are no people from the Giant tribe at all in Totland.

Big Mom with the ultimatum to Luffy but I like how Luffy stood upto that and even challenged her to a fight as a retort, Go Luffy!

Nov 4, 2017 9:35 PM

Jul 2016
And the Nami Boob love continues.
Nov 4, 2017 11:01 PM

Sep 2013
MEH, I fell asleep until big mom and nami's tits came on.
Nov 5, 2017 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
ichii_1 said:
MEH, I fell asleep until big mom and nami's tits came on.

I feel you, my lotion finally came in handy.
Nov 5, 2017 1:17 AM
May 2013
The T H I C C Commander has come
Nov 5, 2017 1:38 AM

Dec 2013
Smoothie is THICC!

I’m looking forward to next week with Pedro rampaging and Luffy arguing with Big Mom.
Nov 5, 2017 1:53 AM
Nov 2017
its probably gonna take 5 episodes for big mum to walk down the hall
Nov 5, 2017 2:01 AM
Nov 2017
Nami is killing me those boobs those legs and feet OMG
Nov 5, 2017 2:28 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit that sweet general Smoothie almost got a billion bounty damn. And then Luffy's pissing off Big Mom lol
Nov 5, 2017 3:58 AM

Oct 2017
Something tells me that they will unchain the people from books and fight back. Kinda IMPEL TOWN
Nov 5, 2017 5:40 AM

Nov 2015
So, for anime-only people, where have we seen poneglyphs?

- Arabasta
- Sky island
- Underwater island
- Robin's Past
- Zou (road poneglyph)

Is that right?
Nov 5, 2017 6:02 AM

Jul 2008
I like Smoothie in the anime, love her voice.

Nov 5, 2017 7:02 AM

Feb 2016
hiddentechnique said:
Something tells me that they will unchain the people from books and fight back. Kinda IMPEL TOWN
yeah was thinking the same esp with that big feet tribe guy from dressrosa
Nov 5, 2017 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
Smoothie is finally shown here in the anime! Her voice actor sounds perfect for her character. Also, She is just as cruel as ever...
Now, only that other guy
is left. I wonder how his VA will sound like...

Pandaman is working under Big Mom! BIG NEWS!!!
Nov 5, 2017 7:21 AM

Feb 2016
did anyone else notice the names on the other page of the book ? Adimiral , Disappeard and Prisoner Unnamed .
Nov 5, 2017 8:59 AM

Jun 2015
Meh ~.~ next ep looks good tho.
Nov 5, 2017 11:17 AM
Aug 2017
looks like the next ep is gonna be lick with luffy pissing big mom and all
Nov 5, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
I'm a simple man. I see boobs, I give five stars~
Looking forward to see Big Mom pissed next week.
Nov 5, 2017 8:45 PM
Jun 2015
Finally Brook and Pedro are back. Forgot how long it was since we last saw them. Can't wait to see how they will retrieve the road poneglyph.
Nov 7, 2017 8:08 PM

Mar 2015
Nami covered in syrup. That's what I'll definitely take from this episode.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 11, 2017 1:48 PM

Apr 2017
Sanji request was accepted so easily, on the last episode, seems like Mama is just playing with him

And why is Sanji doing the samething Robin did? This look a lot like Enies Lobby arc
which is very weird to me, usually Oda doesn't repeat what he has done already.

Sanji wants to save his crew sacrificing himself, by this point don't we all know Luffy is gonna fight for it?

Annd damm Nami service was the best part of this episode.
I don't typically read manga so if I get anything right please don't tell me.
Nov 12, 2017 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
I liked the OST at the beginning when we saw Sanji. He definitely gave up and wants to save everyone.

The safety measures for the poneglyphs are crazy. So much soldiers of Big Mom and to make it even worse a sweets general in form of Smoothie also protect these poneglyphs. 932 million Bery is absolute crazy. And what in the hell was that ability she used on that woman? :o

Chopper plan seems to transform in his giant monster form. Hopefully that will give him and Carrot a chance to escape from this mirror world.

Luffy and Nami are jailed in a book and it doesn't seem they have any way to get out. I knew the conversation between Luffy and Big Mom would escalate. Will be interesting to see what Big Mom wants to do next.

Nov 18, 2017 10:30 AM

Feb 2013
She lied to Sanji!
She won't let them go.
Dec 4, 2017 12:07 PM

May 2015
Damn, squeezed out of her essence... what a terrible way to die...
Dec 26, 2017 1:49 PM

Apr 2013
So we got to see the 2nd sweet general, probably stronger than Cracker. Wonder if the last one to get revealed will also be the strongest?
Jan 17, 2018 4:00 AM

May 2010
So basically all we can count on right now, is for someone to beat down the book-devil-fruit-guy, release all these weird creatures, so they can help with stopping the wedding? This might be Impel Down all over again!

Also, man, Smoothie's power is just terrifying.
Jan 7, 2020 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
Well, it was obvious, almost blatantly obvious, that Big Mom wasn't going to go through with Sanji's favor. And now, both Luffy and Nami are trapped in a book. Seriously, Luffy sure has a knack of getting imprisoned. Although what follows after his imprisonment is chaos and disarray. I am looking forward to how Luffy and Nami will be breaking out of here.

And did this man just challenge Big Mom to a fight? Let's see, fighting all-out against one of her top 3 officers, taking a beating by Sanji, more beating from an enraged army, tired and haven't taken a proper nap at all since your group invaded her territory and you think you can take her on? Only Luffy I guess.

I may have a strong dislike against Sanji's family (Par Reiju) but I liked how curious Yonji has been in this episode by exploring the strange, questionable library. Felt like he truly was acting his age as the youngest of the siblings.

I thought I saw an admiral in one of the pages of the prison book, is there a story behind it I wonder?
May 8, 2020 6:43 AM

May 2020
Very nice episode, but i don't think we will see fight between luffy and big mom soon xD
Jul 1, 2020 9:41 AM

Jun 2016
It seemed to me as though we’ve been slowly setting up the forces which could join Luffy in a revolt against Big Mom. This is akin to the way large arcs often have a large number of no names to increase their scale. Just as Sugar created toys prime for taking revenge, Mom traps living creatures in books for eternity. If the book book human passes out or if there is another possible way, freeing all of the trapped creatures and people and prisoners would immediately create a large source of allies from the inside. We also have Jimbei and his fishmen and Wadatsumi around. We also had Sanji learn the truth of the clones working for Germa and maybe his big brain could rewire them or show them the truth and change their allegiances. Caesar is also here and is not a friend of Moms. And if Nami got the vivre card back she could potentially use the homies although I don’t think they would ever attack Big Mom. I’m unsure if this is going to occur but it definitely feels as if the scale of the battle in this arc could rival the likes of Dressrosa, or Punk Hazard through the rising of the oppressed.

To speak about where each party has ended up, Sanji is feeling bad and wishing his nakama safety, however, Mom is quite cruel to Nami and Luffy. That said, it makes sense she wouldn’t free them, assuming she will, until after the marriage. The two are trapped in a prison book right now and Luffy has challenged Mom to a fight. The other party who are currently in chains is Chopper and Carrot. As they were trapped I was like shouting at Chopper to turn into monster mode, but the fact that he stated, to the audience, that was actually his plan made me doubt myself. You don’t tell the audience your plan!! It has to go wrong now! Brook and Pedro had probably my favorite scene. After introducing Smoothie juicing a random like she’s freaking Tarkus from Phantom Blood, all the information was gathered. Due to news of the poneglyph thief Pedro in the premises, Tamago has one of Mom’s top agents guarding the poneglyphs. Despite that, Brook and Pedro were as resolved and cool as ever, without hesitation, they hatched a plan to use Pedro as bait and steal them. And for Luffy’s sake too! At least on Brook’s side, I am still curious about the inside of Pedro’s head. Overall it made for an intense and badass decision.

Side notes, Yonji being impressed by Mom’s living books was adorable, he does feel like the most childish of all the siblings. Nami’s boobs forever being out in the open because the vivre card was there is a pretty smart decision on Oda. Good stuff! Lololol. And lastly, there was some foreshadowing about Big Mom’s sore spot with giants, it seems she didn’t have any around, something Judge was suspicious of, but she didn’t want to admit it. I don't think it's something Judge would butt heads with Mom over, throwing away his chances of becoming the ruler of North Blue so inner conflict doesn't seem too likely to me despite him bringing it up, but I'm definitely curious how that will come into play.
Aug 3, 2021 10:42 PM

May 2016
Pedro and Brook's gonna have a really hard time getting to record those Poneglyphs especially now that Baron Tamago's given everybody a heads-up about them being on their way.

I can imagine Smoothie's dreadful technique being ineffectual to Brook since he doesn't even have any life to squeeze out of his dry bony ass, yohohoho~

Looks like Carrot Stew's gonna be part of tonight's menu unless Chopper thinks of something oof

Aug 20, 2021 4:22 AM

Jun 2019
Let Nami take a shower. She's drenched in that sticky syrup. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 4, 2021 11:11 AM

Aug 2021
So there's 30 poneglyphs in the world as the tea dude said

Smoothie can kill one just extracting weird liquid outta their body
Feb 11, 2023 11:11 AM

Jan 2016
dang, that's a lot of poneglyph to record for Robin. Get it Luffy hahahaha. Sanji's plan had no chance.

Feb 23, 9:07 AM
Oct 2019
God damn Squeeze me all day Smoothie 🤣

Big mom reaction when Judge mentioned about Giant Tribe, something suspicious here.

Oda i see what you doing, foreshadowing many creatures and people from those books.
I bet they all gonna get released and there will be a riot just like what happened in IMPEL DOWN and DRESSROSA??

Also why Sanji situation feels like Robin Water 7 - Enies Lobby again?
Oda really reuse the same PLOT?
It just feel odd to me.
davidyodo24Feb 23, 9:13 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 843 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

16 by FedeMetal »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 842 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

20 by FedeMetal »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.