Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 5, 2017 1:58 AM

Aug 2017
Stark700 said:

Freiza's opponent is laughable this episode tbh. I mean, that Power Ranger getup...

More like Pepsi man
Nov 5, 2017 2:12 AM

Sep 2016
SSG get jobbed by potara base form like buu-gohan get jobbed by vegito base form lol
Next episode title:"SSB DEFEATED!?"
ofc, SSB never acomplished anything no surprise
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 5, 2017 2:13 AM
May 2012
GangsterCat said:
SSG get jobbed by potara base form like buu-gohan get jobbed by vegito base form lol
Next episode title:"SSB DEFEATED!?"
ofc, SSB never acomplished anything no surprise

reminded me of Ichigo's bankai lmao xD
Nov 5, 2017 2:57 AM

Feb 2013
Yuri no chikara can't be beaten!
Kefla, cool.
But is that allowed?
Nov 5, 2017 3:51 AM

Nov 2016
The fight was hype. I was a bit surprised that base form Kefla (lol that name tho) is so strong compared to SSG Goku even if he is tired. I thought she'd go super sayan at least.

Kale is annoying (I like Caulifla, too bad the two of them come as a set) but she is far less annoying than most of this tournament contenders!

On a side note, Krillin is such a fanboy, lol.

Ulquiorra said:
Kefla, cool.
But is that allowed?

To quote the Zen-chans and @isekai 's post: It's neat so it's safe ;-)
Nov 5, 2017 4:06 AM

Jul 2016
epo 113 : only 22 min remain at its end

epo 114 : only 21 min remains

so basically everything that happened only took 1 min ?
Nov 5, 2017 4:07 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow I was not expecting a fusion...this is getting more and more awesome
Nov 5, 2017 4:28 AM

Nov 2016
xizor said:
Minor thing, but Vados hinted the power level of Potara fusion, "tens of times" the sum of parts. At least in ends that stupid theory that Potara fusion of power levels A and B is A times B (which doesn't make any sense).

But according to this base Kefla should be weaker than SS3 Goku, not to mention SSG.

FMmatron said:
Don't think the power of Kefla is exaggerated, I mean let's go back to the Buu saga,where a Vegeto was able to wipe the floor with a Mystic Gohan Super Buu,who was way too strong for Goku and Vegeta on their own,even in his base form.

Vegetto fighting Buu in base form was filler, in the manga he instantly went SSJ.

Sry if that wasn't clear, was talking about Super Buu in his base form,tho,I'm aware about it being filler ^^

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 5, 2017 5:30 AM
Jan 2017
Ulquiorra said:
Kefla, cool.
But is that allowed?

Yes,I think the potara earrings are allowed because the Grand Priest only said that weapons and healing items were not allowed.
Nov 5, 2017 5:54 AM

Oct 2015
This episode was good until I saw what Kefla was capable of in base form. SSG Goku was shocked just by her jumping behind him.

I understand Goku is exhausted, but he is in god form. Kefla should have a slight upper-hand in base form at max, not "scaring Goku to death" already.

I was okay with them so far, but I started disliking them a lot now. They're very childish, and I don't like the power-scaling at all. What I think should have happened:

Kale was shown to be extremely powerful in episode 100. Now she's said to have the same strength, but in a controlled form. Kale should have overpowered Goku, and Caulifla should be just a weak useless pawn compared to them. Fusion seems like a bullshit, because Kale has -for some reason - an extremely powerful berserk form, while Caulifla has nothing. It's like fusing saiyan-saga Vegeta with Nappa. I don't often have problem with power-scaling, because it's one of the simplest anime, but this one is annoying me.

I hope Kefla gets defeated very soon.
The animation was good, and I liked the Frieza moments. I'm glad he gets decent screen-time!
Nov 5, 2017 6:08 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That was fun overall. Kale/Caulifla make a good team imo and they managed to get some good hits on Goku.

Seems we might see Jiren vs Kefla based on how Jiren reacted to the fusion.
Hopefully we also get more Vegeta vs Toppo, I find that fight a bit more interesting since we haven't seen much of Toppo since that Pre-ToP fight.

Well we could see a Vegito return since the Zeno's didn't really say anything and we've already seen objects used. However, Kale/Caulifla already had their Potaras with them so I doubt the Grand Priest would let the Supreme Kai throw his Potaras to Goku/Vegeta.

Still entertaining fight.

Nov 5, 2017 6:33 AM
Jul 2017
TBH this is the worst eposide for me so far (excluding the first 2 arc), the power scaling made absolutely no sense and the relationship between Kale and Califla are just plain annoying...I can endure annoying character dynamics but my god the inconsistancy just limit breaking...since we were shown Goku able to fight Califla (super saiyan 2) and struggle against Kale (beserker) under super sayain 2, and since he toyed with them both with red, we can assume Kale is about super saiyan 3 at this stage...but than when they fused (already rised an eyebrow because the rule clearly states no external item are allowed...) they somehow are able to toy with Goku super saiyan red...does that mean then Vegito back in the Buu saga can absolutely destroy Beerus in his base form since Goku can go SS3 and Vegita can go SS2, like wtf Toei even if you are trying to appeal to PC culture by have strong women character (who may or may not be lesbian), your writing makes no sense, you are actively destroying all of your characters, and judging by the preview, you are going to make Goku in SSB Kaioken loss aswell...
Nov 5, 2017 6:45 AM

Sep 2017
According to the priest in last few episodes during the exhibition match if you remember, Goku's universe is second to the weakest among all 12. Seriously, don't get all the hate. Fusion always have the advantage against any transformation. Don't know if the Blue transformation would be enough to beat Kefla.
Nov 5, 2017 6:53 AM

Dec 2015
Loved to see Frieza facing a gag character.

Why are people more bothered by "power inconsistencies" than by the fact Goku's SSJ haircut (who was already changed for Super) keeps changing (and not because of damages) ? I know it happened in Z but here,it's several times an episode.

3/5 for F. I wasn't expecting potara to be used and be as effective as the fusions during the Bû chapters.

@Rukodaime Goten + (Trun)ks = Gotenks ;) It's Gotrunks for the writers from AB Prod.

edit: @Turtles_Hunter Ahah.
Nov 5, 2017 7:08 AM
Feb 2009
Oh yeah, Gotenks. Well, don't hold it against me. In France, we got some pretty funny translation, such as :

Piccolo = "Petit coeur" (which translates roughly as "Little heart"),
Kamé Sennin = "Tortue Géniale" (which translates roughly as "Great tortue").

So, Gotrunks is not that bad (and kida make senses). Even if "ゴテンクス (Gotenkusu)" is, indeed, Gotenks. But they were probably thinking we were stupid and Gotrunks was easier for our little brains ;)

Nov 5, 2017 7:10 AM

Dec 2016
Fuckin hated this episode pure disgrace to vegeta and goku long lifetime of battling and new hard achieved transformations.
Nov 5, 2017 7:27 AM
Jan 2017
People actually care about the power scaling lol. It long been massacre and rape to dead.
Nov 5, 2017 7:30 AM

May 2014
Man the art and animation were great.
Except how Goku's Biceps were drawn.. They're like Krillin size now.. Definition means nothing when there's no size! I'm so frustrated by this constant inconsistency.. Just draw them normally (It's suppose to look like this https://i0.wp.com/omnitos.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/unnamed.jpg?fit=515%2C286&ssl=1 or like http://i.ytimg.com/vi/1TfIBPgK674/hqdefault.jpg Heck just look like muscle and not bricks!

Nov 5, 2017 8:14 AM

Aug 2013
FMmatron said:
But not with Kale and her legendary form (even Jiren reacted towards her KI) and especially not with both.

Jiren and Vegeta reacting was just a way to hype her up. Similar to how we all know it made no sense for her berserk form to walk through SSB Kamehameha. This episode only made the powerscaling more consistent. And of course, leaving out all the asspull powerups for the girls.
Nov 5, 2017 9:05 AM

Apr 2013
There's no need to use any brain when watching DBS. Screw consistency, screw power levels. Any fanservice that you want, Toei got them covered.

DBS is for kids. Oh well I will just watch it for the action.

Nov 5, 2017 10:58 AM

Oct 2016
xizor said:
Minor thing, but Vados hinted the power level of Potara fusion, "tens of times" the sum of parts. At least in ends that stupid theory that Potara fusion of power levels A and B is A times B (which doesn't make any sense).

But according to this base Kefla should be weaker than SS3 Goku, not to mention SSG.

FMmatron said:
Don't think the power of Kefla is exaggerated, I mean let's go back to the Buu saga,where a Vegeto was able to wipe the floor with a Mystic Gohan Super Buu,who was way too strong for Goku and Vegeta on their own,even in his base form.

Vegetto fighting Buu in base form was filler, in the manga he instantly went SSJ.

I Dont think so.
Vegito From Z was SSJ2 Vegeta Power and SSJ3 Goku Power and they Managed to toy with Buugan who had the Power of Gohan who was above ssj3 had the power of piccolo and the power of Goten n Trunks Plus his own power.

Kafla is Caulifla SSJ2 Power with the Legendary SSJ Power which theres a chance that form is way stronger than ssj3. So Kafla Should be way stronger than Vegito.

In the Manga Vegito went SSJ1 at once but that doesnt mean that Base Vegito wasnt stronger than Buu. They showed him stronger in the Anime as base to take the chance they missed with the manga to prove that Base Vegito was stronger than Buu.

Kafla has Kale in the MIX and Kale is the only out of this world type of Saiyan, Unlimited energy, diff anatomy etc.
Nov 5, 2017 11:18 AM

Nov 2016
chunng said:
FMmatron said:
But not with Kale and her legendary form (even Jiren reacted towards her KI) and especially not with both.

Jiren and Vegeta reacting was just a way to hype her up. Similar to how we all know it made no sense for her berserk form to walk through SSB Kamehameha. This episode only made the powerscaling more consistent. And of course, leaving out all the asspull powerups for the girls.

Maybe she's just that strong in that legendary mode and they just fucked up with Goku being able to follow in SSJ2....Everyone acknowledged her strength and the only one who could stop her rage before was Jiren after all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 5, 2017 12:49 PM

May 2015
So Kefla that is.

Please Goku show them real Sayian rage.

Man, I wish that Freeza and Goku team up. That would be ironic.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 5, 2017 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
Orange_Space said:
TBH this is the worst eposide for me so far (excluding the first 2 arc), the power scaling made absolutely no sense and the relationship between Kale and Califla are just plain annoying...I can endure annoying character dynamics but my god the inconsistancy just limit breaking...since we were shown Goku able to fight Califla (super saiyan 2) and struggle against Kale (beserker) under super sayain 2, and since he toyed with them both with red, we can assume Kale is about super saiyan 3 at this stage...but than when they fused (already rised an eyebrow because the rule clearly states no external item are allowed...) they somehow are able to toy with Goku super saiyan red...does that mean then Vegito back in the Buu saga can absolutely destroy Beerus in his base form since Goku can go SS3 and Vegita can go SS2, like wtf Toei even if you are trying to appeal to PC culture by have strong women character (who may or may not be lesbian), your writing makes no sense, you are actively destroying all of your characters, and judging by the preview, you are going to make Goku in SSB Kaioken loss aswell...

This has nothing to do with POC or SJW. This type of things don't exist in Japan and doesn't make any sense for a show destined to kids.
Nov 5, 2017 1:07 PM
Jul 2017
LaxusDUchiha said:
According to the priest in last few episodes during the exhibition match if you remember, Goku's universe is second to the weakest among all 12. Seriously, don't get all the hate. Fusion always have the advantage against any transformation. Don't know if the Blue transformation would be enough to beat Kefla.

Mortal level are not calculated by how powerful the mortals are in that Universe overwise Universe 11 will not be in the tournament for have Jiren a mortal that is more powerful than the god of destruction.
Nov 5, 2017 1:12 PM
Jul 2017
caio_ken said:
Orange_Space said:

This has nothing to do with POC or SJW. This type of things don't exist in Japan and doesn't make any sense for a show destined to kids.

This doesnt avoide it of critisim, thats like saying terrorism is okay because it doesnt exist to in a certain country and the kids dont know any better...
Nov 5, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
Orange_Space said:
caio_ken said:

This doesnt avoide it of critisim, thats like saying terrorism is okay because it doesnt exist to in a certain country and the kids dont know any better...

No, I'm just saying that they're not doing it because of what you said. I'm saying that this is a show for kids and teenagers in japan and putting girls had not do with it. Even more when these characters are going to appear in the manga.
Nov 5, 2017 1:19 PM
Jul 2017
caio_ken said:
Orange_Space said:

No, I'm just saying that they're not doing it because of what you said. I'm saying that this is a show for kids and teenagers in japan and putting girls had not do with it. Even more when these characters are going to appear in the manga.

ah okay sorry about that, I get waaaaaay to enthusiatic about this topic...
Nov 5, 2017 1:38 PM
Feb 2009
Orange_Space said:
LaxusDUchiha said:

Mortal level are not calculated by how powerful the mortals are in that Universe overwise Universe 11 will not be in the tournament for have Jiren a mortal that is more powerful than the god of destruction.

It is not supposed to be some kind of average ?

If a universe got something like... 20 billions of people and they have a power level of 5 (strenght of the human killed by Raditz), that means you have a total power of 100 billions. Even if you add ten super strengh warriors with a power around 1 billions, you only increased the total power by 10 billions => 110 billions.

So, your average just go up to roughly 5.5 by person.

If another universe has normal people having a power level of 100, the difference is too big for a few warriors (even Jiren) to catch up.

PS : Some numbers might be wrong. This is just an exemple. I don't think the weaker warriors from universe 7 have a strenght above 100 millions (like Krilin/tien/roshin) less alone 1 billion (piccolo, c-18). But I dont know how much power Goku and Vegeta are supposed to have in Blue mode, so it seemed like a good average...
RukodaimeNov 5, 2017 1:44 PM
Nov 5, 2017 1:40 PM

Mar 2013
We need more Yuya Takahashi.
Also Kafla a cute
Nov 5, 2017 2:01 PM

Sep 2016
Hot Damn!! The Art ....those face shots and bruises, the detail was amazing in some scenes...The Yuya Takahashi effect!!! he needs be on more episodes of DBS
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Nov 5, 2017 2:02 PM

Sep 2014
Just another stupid episode.
Nov 5, 2017 2:10 PM

Apr 2014
Raptors0verlord said:
epo 113 : only 22 min remain at its end

epo 114 : only 21 min remains

so basically everything that happened only took 1 min ?

Every episode is 1 minute in their time , you only noticed now? Damn, you're a slow one...
themanualreader@proton.me
Nov 5, 2017 4:53 PM

Sep 2017
What are we??? Some kind of critics now? We're only anime watchers....Haha sorry
Laughing so hard right now.... Anyway, let's wait for the explanation in the next episode, I hope......
Nov 5, 2017 11:13 PM

Jan 2014
I must say, Kales character design in Saiyan mode is pretty good, much better than Cauliflower; though, she is pretty crazy
Frieza being a freak as always but I'm not hating it at all.
Let's not forget that mf who's just like Great Saiyaman lmao, imagine if Gohan had worn that uniform. Battle of the poses right there.
It's always good to see the Red Saiyan God transformation, not being forgotten.
When they fused, the character design from the back looked like a female Uub lmao, with Fusion being confirmed allowed, I'm definitely excited to see if we will have any future fusions too! Potentially a Gogeta or a Vegito reappearance!
I know she's a fusion character but I feel like they're scaling her power a bit too much.

On a side note,even though it's far from perfect but is it just me or is the Animation, Art style and Shading of this episode just damn good or has it always been like that recently? I couldn't help but enjoy it more than usual.
ToppyS2Nov 5, 2017 11:20 PM
Nov 5, 2017 11:44 PM
Nov 2017
Well Kale and Caulifa used Potara Fusion. So does that mean we will also see Goku and Vageta using potara fusion Vegito against Jiren too?
Nov 6, 2017 2:20 AM
Apr 2012
LaxusDUchiha said:
'

Mortal level does not equal power level. U7 is the second lowest because Beerus and Supreme Kai are bad at there jobs. Gods and Kais that do their jobs have a higher mortal levels. The 4 universes that do not have to participate do not have fighters stronger than Goku or Jiren.
Nov 6, 2017 5:45 AM
May 2017
I hope that Goku and Vegeta do Fusion and wipe everyone else
Nov 6, 2017 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
ssj4jw said:
LaxusDUchiha said:
'

Mortal level does not equal power level. U7 is the second lowest because Beerus and Supreme Kai are bad at there jobs. Gods and Kais that do their jobs have a higher mortal levels. The 4 universes that do not have to participate do not have fighters stronger than Goku or Jiren.

This.

Mortal level is intelligence, not strength.

The only reason it's so low is because the Kai's in U7 believe in "letting life develop on its own" and Beerus kills planets based on food, and not intelligence.

Nov 6, 2017 4:32 PM
Nov 2017
So i guess the no items rule was forgotten...
Nov 6, 2017 7:30 PM
TMNT Lover

Oct 2017
This episode wasn't anything too special, in my opinion. We saw the same old inconsistencies and fan-rewarding shockers like a Kefla combination. However, for some reason, I'm not too upset about it. At least we are seeing Goku actually having trouble with other opponent's, instead of only the main villain (Frieza, Cell, Jiren) posing a threat for him. Yes, it's unrealistic, but Goku never seems to care in his fights. To him, what use is there to question an enemies sudden power range and skill, as long as they prove themselves worthy of giving him an interesting fight? And I agree with this thinking whole-heartedly.

The music was actually pretty unique, and pumped me up for each scene. It's nice to have some of the softer artistic forms of an anime, like the soundtrack, is getting attention in Dragon Ball Super now.

I also liked the dude who challenged Frieza. He has a neat personality that reminds me of an Inferno Cop antagonist. Sure, he may just be cannon-fodder, but at least his character design is pleasant to look at and his scenes provide a breath of fresh air from the annoying robots and overpowered bunny-rangers.
Nov 6, 2017 10:40 PM
Jul 2014
This Kale is beginning to annoy me A LOT ... this is just ridiculous now, and her faces and body isn't even ... rhaaaaa

And omg this fusion is even worse, plus, didn't they say no items allowed ???
TigreDemonNov 6, 2017 10:46 PM
Nov 6, 2017 11:13 PM

Jun 2013
seriously? I thought items are not allowed?!
Nov 7, 2017 12:09 PM

Oct 2016
Axelucard said:
seriously? I thought items are not allowed?!

I watch with Spanish sub and the grand priest said No healing items nor weapons are allowed, Dont remember the Items in General Part.
Nov 7, 2017 1:36 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode. While I did not expect a fusion, this makes sense. The gods have no real influence on whats happening anyway, so they might as well give the only advantage they can.

What really surprised me this episode was the animation quality. Not just where it pretty derp free, it actually looked really really good. This was one of the only episodes where I did not miss the old DBZ artstyle. I hope they can keep that going!

Also Frieza was hillarious "I will just ignore that".
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 7, 2017 2:51 PM
Nov 2017
I don't think vegito is going to be seen in the ToP because Imo I don't think they have any potara,my guess is we might get to see gogeta instead.......
If the supreme kai throw in his potara he's mostly gonna be erased for interference
Nov 8, 2017 4:19 AM
May 2012
so...spoilers

that is from otaku site who claim they got got their hands on ep 115-118 titles and 115-117 short synopsis
and if it's really true it will be the most retarded thing in this show apart from ribrianne shit

Nov 8, 2017 4:22 AM

Sep 2016
Tanbad_Bravery said:
I don't think vegito is going to be seen in the ToP because Imo I don't think they have any potara,my guess is we might get to see gogeta instead.......
If the supreme kai throw in his potara he's mostly gonna be erased for interference
kefla will give her potara to goku after she lose
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 8, 2017 5:28 AM

Jan 2014
Soo they are not getting disqualified because Earings are safe to use, okay SO is F ING senzu BEAN, not it won't be allowed for NO EXPLANATION. Those fusions come out of 10 year old kid ideas, What's next Picolo fuse with Frieza?
We will see Gogeta probally.
wex89Nov 8, 2017 5:37 AM
Nov 8, 2017 10:40 AM

May 2017
Fusion? Potaras are lefal?
Then the possibility of vegitto paticipating is high.
Limit breaker Vegitto ~smirk~

@wex89
These rules are biased. Zeno bended those that looked cool.
Remember he allowed Master Roshi because the attack looked cool.
However Vegeta hates fusion and they have no potara in them.
My hopes is for Gogeta to become official but to make the dance both participants must be fully recovered.
ThatRandomDudeNov 8, 2017 10:44 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.