Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Nov 4, 2017 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1917
Seeing all the buzz for this show in AD for it. I wanted to focus on the studio itself and ask a simple question to everyone here, "Do they just care about money?" I use to think A-1 Pictures was really bad and just had a habit of adapting everything under the sun while putting the least amount of effort into it. Naw man. Perriot told them to hold their sake. This studio has a habit of picking up a series and going out of their ways to ruin it. And these clowns want this to be the next Naruto? hahaah good luck with that. This genre is taking a turn for the better and people won't bother with this outdated approach anymore. I am convince this studio just cares about money than putting actual effort into the show. But I think we can also say the same for the manga creator too. It is like a fusion of two people who just want to make money for the lowest effort possible.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
#2
Nov 4, 2017 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 21069
Do you hate on kids shows for being similar too?
BC has the potential to be big so they took the chance and they are putting effort, expecting big budget stuff every ep is stupid.
 
#3
Nov 4, 2017 2:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 202
Oh, MasterHavik. Here you go again. What is with you? >_>
 
#4
Nov 4, 2017 2:31 PM
~ Nyan-chan ~

Online
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5831
Isn't that more or less the fault at the author rather than the studio?

And of course, you can argue that they just picked it up... even though they weren't really the ones themselves picking it up, as committees assigns studios per series in question.

Besides, uh you say that but at the same time there's stuff like Osomatsu-san and Yona that aren't more for the money. Same can be applied to others they made that weren't really intended for that.

But to answer your question: Yes (because there have been series that they kind of ruined to actually doing so) and No (because they still have some stuff on their table despite minimal they're decent to good).
 
#5
Nov 4, 2017 2:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1917
ichii_1 said:
Do you hate on kids shows for being similar too?
BC has the potential to be big so they took the chance and they are putting effort, expecting big budget stuff every ep is stupid.
I like a couple of kids shows, but what do they have do with this? Also from what I have looked into BC I'm not sure about that, but I feel the studio that is doing it is doing an amazing of taking a dump on that potential. Also we are 5 eps in and the show look like trash. If you know this studio you should know their quality of animation is not very good. You're talking to some who has endure Bleach and Naruto. I really know their animation and since I started to take classes in animation. I can tell they are not putting effort into it. I bet these clowns will find a way to make bouncing a ball cheap and lazy when it is like the most simplest thing you can do in animation.

MareepYay said:
Oh, MasterHavik. Here you go again. What is with you? >_>
School and actually taking animation classes. So I can pick apart everything I watch even more.

Wasshio said:
Isn't that more or less the fault at the author rather than the studio?

And of course, you can argue that they just picked it up... even though they weren't really the ones themselves picking it up, as committees assigns studios per series in question.

Besides, uh you say that but at the same time there's stuff like Osomatsu-san and Yona that aren't more for the money. Same can be applied to others they made that weren't really intended for that.

But to answer your question: Yes (because there have been series that they kind of ruined to actually doing so) and No (because they still have some stuff on their table despite minimal they're decent to good).
I think may have worded my post poorly. Let me explain. I am moreso talking about the Studio itself and what they are doing to Black Clover. I think they are greedy because it took them 4 episodes to even get to the actual story. This studio in the past has a habit of making filler for sake of it even when they more than enough content to make a decent show. It is like they are not trying to really do anything with the show.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
#6
Nov 4, 2017 2:46 PM
~ Nyan-chan ~

Online
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 5831
MasterHavik said:
ichii_1 said:
Do you hate on kids shows for being similar too?
BC has the potential to be big so they took the chance and they are putting effort, expecting big budget stuff every ep is stupid.
I like a couple of kids shows, but what do they have do with this? Also from what I have looked into BC I'm not sure about that, but I feel the studio that is doing it is doing an amazing of taking a dump on that potential. Also we are 5 eps in and the show look like trash. If you know this studio you should know their quality of animation is not very good. You're talking to some who has endure Bleach and Naruto. I really know their animation and since I started to take classes in animation. I can tell they are not putting effort into it. I bet these clowns will find a way to make bouncing a ball cheap and lazy when it is like the most simplest thing you can do in animation.

MareepYay said:
Oh, MasterHavik. Here you go again. What is with you? >_>
School and actually taking animation classes. So I can pick apart everything I watch even more.

Wasshio said:
Isn't that more or less the fault at the author rather than the studio?

And of course, you can argue that they just picked it up... even though they weren't really the ones themselves picking it up, as committees assigns studios per series in question.

Besides, uh you say that but at the same time there's stuff like Osomatsu-san and Yona that aren't more for the money. Same can be applied to others they made that weren't really intended for that.

But to answer your question: Yes (because there have been series that they kind of ruined to actually doing so) and No (because they still have some stuff on their table despite minimal they're decent to good).
I think may have worded my post poorly. Let me explain. I am moreso talking about the Studio itself and what they are doing to Black Clover. I think they are greedy because it took them 4 episodes to even get to the actual story. This studio in the past has a habit of making filler for sake of it even when they more than enough content to make a decent show. It is like they are not trying to really do anything with the show.

That is worded a bit much better than before.

Okay, MAYBE it would be the case. By the way, wasn't like Episodes 2-3 (especially 3) more so with original content? I don't know much due to not reading the source buuut... I don't know how its doing. :T

I thought the pacing in the series is fine, its albeit really weak buuut its not garbage either.
 
#7
Nov 4, 2017 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1917
Wasshio said:
MasterHavik said:
I like a couple of kids shows, but what do they have do with this? Also from what I have looked into BC I'm not sure about that, but I feel the studio that is doing it is doing an amazing of taking a dump on that potential. Also we are 5 eps in and the show look like trash. If you know this studio you should know their quality of animation is not very good. You're talking to some who has endure Bleach and Naruto. I really know their animation and since I started to take classes in animation. I can tell they are not putting effort into it. I bet these clowns will find a way to make bouncing a ball cheap and lazy when it is like the most simplest thing you can do in animation.

School and actually taking animation classes. So I can pick apart everything I watch even more.

I think may have worded my post poorly. Let me explain. I am moreso talking about the Studio itself and what they are doing to Black Clover. I think they are greedy because it took them 4 episodes to even get to the actual story. This studio in the past has a habit of making filler for sake of it even when they more than enough content to make a decent show. It is like they are not trying to really do anything with the show.

That is worded a bit much better than before.

Okay, MAYBE it would be the case. By the way, wasn't like Episodes 2-3 (especially 3) more so with original content? I don't know much due to not reading the source buuut... I don't know how its doing. :T

I thought the pacing in the series is fine, its albeit really weak buuut its not garbage either.
I did a little research and the pacing is pretty awful. You don't get to shit you should care about until episode 4. I understand why filler sometimes works, but to be making filler out of the gate shows me they are chicken with its head cut off.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
#8
Nov 4, 2017 5:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 488
Perriot is too greedy? Tell me something I don't know, the way Bleach animated done back then always gave it away.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
 
#9
Nov 4, 2017 9:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1917
HueyLion said:
Perriot is too greedy? Tell me something I don't know, the way Bleach animated done back then always gave it away.
ugh don't remind me. I only could last two arcs. I even saw that stupid vampire arc they made.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
Nov 4, 2017 10:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 14
you didn't watch naruto?

you know they made fillers after the manga ended
 
Nov 5, 2017 3:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 405
No. Shueisha is. Proof: https://mobile.twitter.com/kiirobon/status/905134234209316864
Perriot was just hired to animated the mangaka's loudly written protagonist. Don't listen to Chibi reviews, Mother's Basement or any other anime YTubers that don't know shit.

It is the producers/ production committee like TV Tokyo (that are also behind Naruto) which are greedy and add fillers. Perriot is just doing it's job.
My Waifu Alita ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 
Nov 5, 2017 4:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 22127
MasterHavik said:
I think may have worded my post poorly. Let me explain. I am moreso talking about the Studio itself and what they are doing to Black Clover. I think they are greedy because it took them 4 episodes to even get to the actual story. This studio in the past has a habit of making filler for sake of it even when they more than enough content to make a decent show. It is like they are not trying to really do anything with the show.


because that's what people already fans demands? they want pierrot to expanding super rushed first few chapter?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Nov 5, 2017 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1144
Yeah, I think we can definitely say they got greedy. Throwing the breaks up and going into filler hell from the very start of the show? They are milking the content of this series for all they can right from the start. Usually they at least wait until a cour has passed before tossing in the filler left and right.

Instead you have a massive original flashback in the second episode? Take multiple episodes to cover even one chapter?

They are going to kill this thing. You have to ease into it a bit. Especially when there is no reason to slow down the adaptation to a crawl right away.
 
Nov 6, 2017 1:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6697
Do you go out of your way to make yourself look like an idiot all the time? The animation studio doesn't direct or write the script. Neither does an animation studio decide the number of episode. That's up to the production committee which includes big companies and TV stations. Most of the staff working on this aren't even Pierrot's employee since they're freelancers.
MasterHavik said:
If you know this studio you should know their quality of animation is not very good.

You need to back up your statement here. Show me an in-house episode done in Pierrot that was badly animated.
I really know their animation and since I started to take classes in animation. I can tell they are not putting effort into it. I bet these clowns will find a way to make bouncing a ball cheap and lazy when it is like the most simplest thing you can do in animation.

I find this statement incredibly snobbish and disrespectful when you realize just a few months ago one of their staff Kazunori Mizuno died from overworking on Wellcome to Ballroom's episode 2 when the episode was outsourced to Pierrot. You also need to understand not all episode are animated by them. Most of the episodes are outsourced to other studios due to scheduling issues otherwise you'd get stuff like this more often.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/b01709956c61a09a5a1e78bfb87e4921.webm
https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/48b951eb6c1bcb54216863b6b23ce47e.mp4
https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/ddf8d3ac7ee936d06916433f3f4b2f44.webm

In Black Clover, only the first two episodes have been animated by Pierrot while the rest of them have been outsourced.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Nov 6, 2017 2:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 7012
Wanting to make money is being greedy?
 
Nov 6, 2017 4:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 4
Studio Pierrot has nothing to do with this being 51 Episodes long. It is Shueisha and the companies who have invested on the show decided it.Studio Pierrot is only animating it.
 
Nov 7, 2017 6:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 579
I mean, let's be honest, Pierrot does have a reputation of messing up adaptations by making them either too long, or have a low budget. That being said, we haven't even gotten to the juicy parts of the manga yet.... The battle animations give me hope that maybe, just maybe, when the big battles roll around, they will actually be good.
 
Nov 7, 2017 7:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 3024
Well almost all anime studio does that though. Milking source material for money.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"


-Swagernator 2017
 
Nov 8, 2017 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 222
Won't deny that Pierrot tends to make some poor adaptations but couldn't this also be the directors/staff's fault? I mean, at the end of the day they're the ones responsible for the pacing of the show as opposed to SP as a whole I believe apologies if I'm incorrect
 
Nov 20, 2017 11:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1917
Z4k said:
Do you go out of your way to make yourself look like an idiot all the time? The animation studio doesn't direct or write the script. Neither does an animation studio decide the number of episode. That's up to the production committee which includes big companies and TV stations. Most of the staff working on this aren't even Pierrot's employee since they're freelancers.
MasterHavik said:
If you know this studio you should know their quality of animation is not very good.

You need to back up your statement here. Show me an in-house episode done in Pierrot that was badly animated.
I really know their animation and since I started to take classes in animation. I can tell they are not putting effort into it. I bet these clowns will find a way to make bouncing a ball cheap and lazy when it is like the most simplest thing you can do in animation.

I find this statement incredibly snobbish and disrespectful when you realize just a few months ago one of their staff Kazunori Mizuno died from overworking on Wellcome to Ballroom's episode 2 when the episode was outsourced to Pierrot. You also need to understand not all episode are animated by them. Most of the episodes are outsourced to other studios due to scheduling issues otherwise you'd get stuff like this more often.

https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/b01709956c61a09a5a1e78bfb87e4921.webm
https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/48b951eb6c1bcb54216863b6b23ce47e.mp4
https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/ddf8d3ac7ee936d06916433f3f4b2f44.webm

In Black Clover, only the first two episodes have been animated by Pierrot while the rest of them have been outsourced.
I am back from finishing this quarter. I just did my animation final. Okay time to take this apart? Do I make myself look like an idiot? Do you watch anime is my question? I really don't get people on here on how defensive they get when someone is critical of a show or a studio.

First off your first point. I said if you know this studio you know their work. I can bring up Naruto, Naruto Shippduen, Bleach, Blue exorcist. The list goes on. Why do I need to point out exact episodes when they have a low history of producing low quaitly productions that were cheap unless you think that arc in Bleach about Ichgio and corp fighting vampires was made by a toothfairy. I have watched too many of their shows. An exact episode won't be good enough. This is a very weak defense for a studio that has a rep of making low budget episodes, outsourcing shit, and making pointless filler.

Another animator overworked? Tell me something I don't know already. I am very aware of this, but this doesn't excuse studio like Perriot to be lazy when company like Trigger and Kyoto and even J.C. Staff don't pull this nonsense.

I know not every episode is animated by them but this doesn't excuse them making filler for no reason and to my knowledge are just now getting to chapter 2 and so on. They wasted 2 to 3 episodes to just to pad their pockets.

At the end of the day these animatoion studios will be held to the standard to the teams here in America that work on Star vs. FOE(That show take years to animate properly) and Steven Universe. Good animation is possible and companies like Perriot are on par with Sony Pictures and Illumination Films. That's how bad they are.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
Nov 20, 2017 11:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1917
mehmehperson said:
No. Shueisha is. Proof: https://mobile.twitter.com/kiirobon/status/905134234209316864
Perriot was just hired to animated the mangaka's loudly written protagonist. Don't listen to Chibi reviews, Mother's Basement or any other anime YTubers that don't know shit.

It is the producers/ production committee like TV Tokyo (that are also behind Naruto) which are greedy and add fillers. Perriot is just doing it's job.
Oh I know the creator is deluded piece of shit who wants to be the next Naruto so badly. He already turned me off so much I couldn't stomach writing his subpar book and had to run back to Boku no Hero Academia. And this is coming from someone who doesn't read a lot of manga unless he really is into the series. I know the suits and the creator have a role, but most of the times it is just contacts and them saying, "Okay sign off here and this is how many episodes we want." I don't think the suits or the creator are that DUMB enough to tell them start with filler off the bat. What idiot would think that is a good idea? They would have told them to start the filler at least after 24 episodes. I know these companies are a lot of things, but this is outright awful business and I find it hard to believe the creator and suits ARE this stupid.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
Nov 21, 2017 12:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 12907
mehmehperson said:
No. Shueisha is. Proof: https://mobile.twitter.com/kiirobon/status/905134234209316864
Perriot was just hired to animated the mangaka's loudly written protagonist. Don't listen to Chibi reviews, Mother's Basement or any other anime YTubers that don't know shit.

It is the producers/ production committee like TV Tokyo (that are also behind Naruto) which are greedy and add fillers. Perriot is just doing it's job.


They want their new product to be the successor to their third most successful product ever. How greedy indeed.
 
Nov 21, 2017 4:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6697
MasterHavik said:
I am back from finishing this quarter. I just did my animation final. Okay time to take this apart? Do I make myself look like an idiot? Do you watch anime is my question? I really don't get people on here on how defensive they get when someone is critical of a show or a studio.

Oh fuck off. My problem with your post is you acting like you know what you're saying when you're just talking out of your ass.
First off your first point. I said if you know this studio you know their work. I can bring up Naruto, Naruto Shippduen, Bleach, Blue exorcist. The list goes on

I know what Pierrot has and hasn't done. Naruto, Naruto Shippuden and Bleach look better than most long running series. Go ahead and name any other long running series with over 300 episodes that looks better. Blue Exorcist isn't even made by Pierrot. You see? That's how I know you're being just ignorant.
Why do I need to point out exact episode

Because you made a very bold claim by saying the episodes done by the animation studio aren't well animated. I'm just simply asking you to back that claim by giving me an example of an in-house episode by Pierrot that was poorly animated.
I have watched too many of their shows. An exact episode won't be good enough.

Yes it will be. Why are you afraid of posting just one example of a badly animated in-house episode.
This is a very weak defense for a studio that has a rep of making low budget episodes, outsourcing shit, and making pointless filler.

Low budget episodes? Citation please.

Every studio nowadays that isn't called Kyoto Animation outsources their shows. Madhouse, Bones, A-1, Trigger, MAPPA or Toei. This isn't something only Pierrot does so you criticism here makes no sense because outsourcing is completely the norm.

Fillers aren't decided by them genius. It's up to the production committee which includes big companies and TV stations who have the most control over the series. It's the best way for them to prolong their shows to sell more merchandise and advertise their stuff in those 30 minutes when the show airs on TV.
Another animator overworked? Tell me something I don't know already. I am very aware of this, but this doesn't excuse studio like Perriot to be lazy when company like Trigger and Kyoto and even J.C. Staff don't pull this nonsense.

Please don't tell me you're serious. Do you see Trigger, Kyoto animation or J.C Staff working on 3 long running series at the same time while also animating two or 3 other seasonal shows? No, Seriously what made you think this was a good comparison? Trigger works on only 1 show an year while Kyoto animation never does anything more than 3 seasonal shows an year. Do you think they could maintain the quality if they had the same level of work?
I know not every episode is animated by them but this doesn't excuse them making filler for no reason and to my knowledge are just now getting to chapter 2 and so on. They wasted 2 to 3 episodes to just to pad their pockets.

The fillers aren't decided by them. I've already told you it's up to the production committee and no they're not in chapter 2. They've already adapted chapter 6.

If you're still annoyed by the slow pacing and would like to complain about it by blaming the studio then go ahead but before that I'd like to let you know this is something what the author initially wanted with his series.


At the end of the day these animatoion studios will be held to the standard to the teams here in America that work on Star vs. FOE(That show take years to animate properly) and Steven Universe. Good animation is possible and companies like Perriot are on par with Sony Pictures and Illumination Films. That's how bad they are.

I just give up man. Go ahead and pretend what like you know what you're talking about because you finished your animation final (heh).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Nov 21, 2017 4:33 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 1686
this thread just further proves my claim that BC is hated because of the studio, not because it's bad.
 
Nov 24, 2017 9:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 728
Pierrot is a business. And the goal of any business is to sell a product.
And apparently this product is not good.

 
Nov 24, 2017 9:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 397
ConstantDenial said:
this thread just further proves my claim that BC is hated because of the studio, not because it's bad.

If BC was animated by bones or madhouse, it would've been less hated.
 
Nov 24, 2017 9:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6264
Maybe, so what? Everyone know that already.
Beautiful Cinnamon Roll Too Good For This World