Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2017 6:56 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
All I can say about this chapter is that Kouren is a monster herself. I was pretty worried after the previous chapter. For now, it looks like no more blood will be spilled if they hold a fruitful talk. It will be interesting to see if the two nations come to a treaty that would benefit both parties.

Since we didn't see any reaction from Hak, seeing the face of Soo-won, I wonder if the coming chapters would touch on that. Hak did promise Yona that he will act according to the best of everyone's interest. One thing is for certain that Hak's character would make huge development at this rate.

I think all of them acted in a way where the faith of the people of the two nations were largely involved. It wasn't the best of chapters, but cannot complain about it either.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 4, 2017 6:38 PM

Feb 2016
OMG, I am so waiting for the translation of this chapter!! I need it!!
Nov 6, 2017 9:42 PM
Nov 2017
I am hoping for the sake of the 4 dragons that they will reach a peaceful agreement. Now that the shield has shown itself I wonder how much longer we have to wait for the sword as prophesied?! I also can't wait for Hak and Yona to talk privately about 'that' kiss lol. I'm hoping Soo Won realizes Yona's potential for being a great ruler. I love this Manga! I can't wait to see what happens next!!
Nov 7, 2017 5:33 PM
Mar 2015
I just want Gobi's head on a stick. Kouren is trying to take the fall to prevent the war, but no one else wants that. Poor Hak Yona fell into his arms and then she pushed him aside because she needs to get o Kouren who is under attack right now
Nov 15, 2017 3:00 PM
Jan 2011
What happened to its translation in English ?😭
Nov 15, 2017 3:00 PM
Jan 2011
What happened to its translation in English ?😭
Nov 16, 2017 9:16 PM
Jul 2014
I really want to know what exactly happened to my beloved Kouren ㅠㅠ ,I think I'm going to translate it word by word from the Korean spoiler 🙄
Nov 18, 2017 8:33 AM
Oct 2014
As the translated chapter is now out.

From the chapter it seems to imply a conversation between Yona's father and Su-Won about Yona being the reincarnation of Hiryuu.

The fact that Yona's father perhaps knew about this and that it was part of the reason perhaps that he did not want Yona and Su-Won to be together is a large revelation.

May be reading it wrong, but that is what it seems like to me.
Nov 19, 2017 1:10 PM

Apr 2016
Was I the only one laughing when Su-won said, "My sincerest apologies. It would seem that you did not understand my message. Please leave." HAHA, Su-won I love you!! XD Kouren's laughter reflected how I felt! It was just hilarious to see Su-won tell Gobi that he has no connection with the four dragons, and that divine powers has nothing to do with their conference, which led Gobi to have .______. reactions. HAHA. Gobi really shouldn't have used his time on the dragons. I hope the dragons get released soon.... >.<

I am happy that Kouren is alive, and the people of Xing went against Gobi. I was not expecting Xing's revolution though...

I am sad that Mizari died... That was just too sudden to me.... T.T RIP Mizari. </3

I hope the negotiations between Kouka and Xing go well! ^^ Since Kouren laughed at Su-won's responses to Gobi, that may be one step closer to an amicable conference.
Nov 20, 2017 12:16 AM

Jan 2016
Can't wait for the next chapter. This was a brilliant chapter!

News? Please tell me this is season 2?
Nov 20, 2017 5:49 AM
Oct 2014
Just a Drama CD, hoping for a Season 2 eventually though.

There is enough material to have two seasons though (50 episodes).
Nov 21, 2017 5:58 AM

Dec 2016
HA Gobi's reactions were priceless!
Nov 25, 2017 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
omg I really wish for a season 2 now! This series is too underrated and I need others to see its awesomeness.

Meanwhile, do I sense a new ship sailing soon? xD Soowon x Kouren maybe...?
Jan 3, 2018 4:37 AM
Oct 2014
you're not alone! I sense that tooo!!!!! lolololol
Jan 11, 2018 2:08 PM
Sep 2017
Okay... WHY IS NO ONE DISCUSSING SOO WON'S FLASHBACK? Only one person has addressed the fact that king II spoke to Soo won about yona and the dragons but NO ONE CARES?!?! This could mean sooo much! Soo won and king II obviously had a deeper relationship that has yet to be revealed, I am nearly convinced that (MAYBE) king II planned his death and asked Soo won to take his life for reasons unknown yet. Why in the name of god would king II tell soo won about Yona's heritage and not Hak? there has to be some meaning behind it all or some plan we dont know yet.
Apr 8, 2019 7:38 PM

Apr 2016
Caoimhs said:
Okay... WHY IS NO ONE DISCUSSING SOO WON'S FLASHBACK? Only one person has addressed the fact that king II spoke to Soo won about yona and the dragons but NO ONE CARES?!?! This could mean sooo much! Soo won and king II obviously had a deeper relationship that has yet to be revealed, I am nearly convinced that (MAYBE) king II planned his death and asked Soo won to take his life for reasons unknown yet. Why in the name of god would king II tell soo won about Yona's heritage and not Hak? there has to be some meaning behind it all or some plan we dont know yet.
Hey, I just read your message now. I read 16 chapters yesterday, and we're now at chapter 173. I came back just to recap on the Xing arc, but it's lovely that you point out that Su-won and Il had a deeper relationship. Why did Il tell Su-won about Yona being King Hiryuu's reincarnation and not Hak? I like that you suggest that maybe, Il's death was staged and was planned with Su-won. We haven't seen Il's body being buried, for one example... We didn't even hear Il scream or fight at all on the night he died. Anyway, hope you're still reading and to see you around :)
Jul 2, 2020 1:01 PM
Mar 2020
"please leave." Im dead xD
Dec 11, 2023 5:29 PM
May 2022
I love Soo-won's sarcasm towards Gobi. He really is my favorite character. And Kouren's so cool T^T

Regarding the shield, I don't think that it is already shown. Sure, the dragons are said to be both the helper of King Hiryuu/ Yona, as they fight for their master at the same time, protect.

But the prophecy only specified "sword" and "shield" as one entity each... it means, two different people represent each. I still go with the theory that Soo-won is the sword, and Hak is the shield. After all, they've been with Yona since they were young. Soo-won has learned swordsmanship, and he carries a sword with him all the time (I take it as a hint). "Sword" also carries the meaning of "offense" or "attack" or "lead" and we all know very well that Soo-won's political intelligence is used to attack the neighboring enemies that threatens the kingdom. He is also the king, who is meant to lead. Meanwhile, Hak's role is to serve and protect, not only Yona, but the rest of the people he cares for. He is a "bodyguard" which is suitable for shield since his main job is to protect his master. And we know that with Hak's role, he really has the ability to lead the military, and he was a general/ warrior that has the strength of thousand men. While kingship is to lead, military is to protect. Well, that's how I see this. Let's see how everything will turn out.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.