Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 12, 2017 9:53 AM

Jun 2013
AMAZING episode!!
Nov 13, 2017 12:39 PM

Feb 2015
It was a nice episode.
We got Boltz swimming with jellyfishes in their hair, a cute black big creature that grows tentacles and a nice ass when he gets to his true size, tsundere Shinsha and Phos' new legs.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Nov 18, 2017 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
The Lunarians are infinitely greedy... but apparently weak.

Run Phos run!
Was pretty funny when washed up on the shore.
Nov 20, 2017 12:02 PM

May 2010
Cool new legs, that was worth it. Grreat episode.
Dec 15, 2017 10:08 PM

Nov 2007
"Umi ni... Umi ni kimi ni niau shigoto wa nakatta"

That voice acting! Unbelievably great episode! I think it has been the best episode of the anime so far!

And it's not just the new sets of legs that are incredibly fast! Being able to merge with parts which actually generated from "Flesh" makes the theory of Bone, Flesh and Soul believable!

So, far it looks like one the season's best! So underrated!

5/5

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 23, 2017 5:10 PM
Nov 2017
Really loving this show. Love the new legs, hopefully leads to a new job??
Dec 29, 2017 1:18 PM

Jan 2017
I think the legs made out of the shell were a beautiful detail; i'm glad they decide not to take the road of 'all the others are bad' and instead showed us the complexity of characters and in this case of the co-existence of different species and how they try to cope with surviving.

I think the so called 'legend' was really nicely developed and couldn't help but be entranced by it since it recalls us of ourselves as humans.

Phos is progressively becoming less annoying but at the same time, it's becoming less herself.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jan 1, 2018 12:41 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode, pretty confusing first part. I don't get what was up with the snail and how the brother was basically able to save himself.
Jan 2, 2018 1:47 PM

Apr 2015
When Phos washed up on the sea talking about the fact that they couldn't find a job for Cinnabar, Cinnabar was just looking at Phos like "This bitch crazy".

Even with Phos' legs lost along with the memories of some of the other Gems (something that had been mentioned before that I'd almost forgotten about, since it didn't seem like it affected Phos at all when they thought it would), they still didn't lose their memories of Cinnabar...maybe those are stored somewhere special, like the heart? :3
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 2, 2018 3:37 PM

Jun 2017
CatSoul said:
they still didn't lose their memories of Cinnabar...maybe those are stored somewhere special, like the heart? :3

Headcanon acquired, lol.
Jan 13, 2018 3:15 AM

Dec 2015
Another nice episode :-D can't wait to see how Phos's new arms come about.
~
Jan 21, 2018 6:53 AM

Sep 2012
I thought if exciting plot occurred I would like this show more, but this episode is a bad sign that I won't. I guess that's what I deserve for watching a show without robots... I can only hope that Phos stops being incompetent, so I can have at least one character to care about.
Feb 13, 2018 2:06 AM

Jan 2009
Phos lost some of her legs and memories in exchange for a faster speed with that new legs
Feb 21, 2018 4:06 AM
Nov 2015
The music when Aculeatus appeared and swept away the Lunarians is beyond gorgeous.
Feb 21, 2018 4:26 AM
Nov 2015
peetza said:
I thought if exciting plot occurred I would like this show more, but this episode is a bad sign that I won't. I guess that's what I deserve for watching a show without robots... I can only hope that Phos stops being incompetent, so I can have at least one character to care about.

Stop watching, you're missing all the good part. For starter, the dialogs and relationships btw the gem girls, the mythology, the colorful fights, the music.

So, pls stop watching. I don't think you'll get anything out of it anymore, it's already ep 5.
Feb 21, 2018 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
Sean_Nessman said:
Stop watching, you're missing all the good part. For starter, the dialogs and relationships btw the gem girls, the mythology, the colorful fights, the music.

So, pls stop watching. I don't think you'll get anything out of it anymore, it's already ep 5.

You're right, beyond the visuals all I got by the end was a longer list of complaints x/
Feb 26, 2018 5:00 AM

Mar 2015
Ohh damn another awesome episode. Phos literally has some new kicks!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 3, 2018 5:20 AM

May 2012
Nice episode and development! Quite liked it, let's see what's next.
Mar 7, 2018 1:37 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah now it's starting to grow on me.
The thing I like the most of this anime is the mythology.
The visuals are great.
Mar 13, 2018 11:20 AM

Aug 2015
So in the end they send Phos home. King probably doesn't want Phos to be give up on herself so easily.
Mar 14, 2018 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
Poor Phos lost their legs and parts of their memories :/ I hoped the slug people could collect it from the bottom of the ocean since they didn't seem to go too far away from there, but I guess currents might have moved it away... Well, at least Phos now has superspeed, even if they will have to learn some things, like poor Jade's name :(

I can't help but laugh every time they shelter themselves from their master's rage :D
Mar 25, 2018 12:49 PM

Dec 2012
Vent under oppai.
What is that thing?
Kawaii?
Fell into the water.
It used vine whip. Phos got hit in the face.
Phos turns 300 today? Shitty day, huh?
Phos popped up behind her.
Master stomping.
Dem new legs.
Phos forgot Jade. lol
Phos upskirt shot.
Phos faster than Sonic.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 27, 2018 9:17 PM

Apr 2015
Did anyone else think it didn't make sense how the Slug Brother could have escaped at just about any time because he was so big it was easy for him to escape the Lunarians?

Like B*tch if all it took to get the slug to get away and go on a rampage was for Phos to yell at it, the Lunarians aren't thinking straight. I know that it's because the slug is stupid and can't think for itself until it's in the water, but the Lunarians should have thought this through more.
observing a woman's body
May 16, 2018 11:20 PM

Jun 2012
I actually had to force myself away from this show, because I've just been captivated by what I've seen so far. Bizarre, engaging, intelligent, and fun, how I wish I found this series sooner. The character interactions are dynamic, entertaining, and believable, the dips into philosophy and self-worth never feel like lectures, and the gimmick to the extent it is one blends seamlessly into each character to where one forgets they're talking about precious rock properties. I know not the worth of phosphorous, but this has been a real gem

This is probably the most raw, unironic fun I've had with an artsy anime in a really long time. Probably since Penguindrum
Sep 11, 2018 10:13 AM
Sep 2017
Phos became flash this episode.

Next episodes title being "first battle",i think we will see her in action
Sep 26, 2018 1:18 PM

Sep 2014
cant help but think cinnabar is a bitch for not telling the others, 5 meters away from her, that phos is back instead of going all the way back to school and keep quit about it.

This show is seriously interesting, a shame I did not notice it when it aired. But I guess I can enjoy fixed BD animation this way.

Just when I started to like the jellyfish he she it disappear. Mehhh.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 12, 2018 3:35 PM

May 2013
Whoooooo, upgrade :D
Happy 300th bday, Phos~ Best present ever, amirite? ;D ;D

Aculeatus has one sexy ass way of talking lol *O*

I knew Sensei was just worried and relieved Phos was alright lolol :P

If only we could all trip as gracefully as Doc xD
Kokoro_KotashimaDec 12, 2018 3:39 PM
Jan 8, 2019 9:06 AM

Oct 2012
Aww I feel bad for Jade
Must protect, she's the best girl.. for reactions xD

Our girl just got superpower, "Flash" girl looks good :P
"Signature removed"
Jan 27, 2019 6:15 AM
Apr 2018
Couldn't Cinnabar have told the other ones that Phos had been washed up? The rest of the gems hadn't gone too far at all.

Niiice, Phos has now spiral thigh highs. It's like she has two abilities: talking to sea slugs and run fast, but I wonder if her communication ability wasn't lost with her legs.
Dec 27, 2019 9:13 PM
Nov 2016
I started watching this anime after finishing Beastars because I got interested in this studio, they sure know how to make use of the CGI in both of these anime, I enjoyed Beastars but unfortunately, I'm not enjoying this one that much. This seems mediocre to me, I'm 6 episodes in already and not much has happened here.

Is like the author tried to reach for the stars and felt short, and once Cinnabar found Phos he/she could have easily tell the others but no, Cinnabar left the others search in vain all day and risking their lives for nothing, that was quite absurd and the way this episode tried to force emotions with the relationship of Phos and Cinnabar was quite the cringe. I'm not enjoying the OST either, feels way too mediocre for my taste.

So far this anime is a 5/10 for me, if the story doesn't get any better this will end up with a 4/10, the aesthetic of this anime is good but that's all it have IMHO, the story is quite mediocre so far.
xZabuzaxDec 27, 2019 9:20 PM
Sep 3, 2020 11:43 AM

Jan 2013
SaiDrew said:
Couldn't Cinnabar have told the other ones that Phos had been washed up? The rest of the gems hadn't gone too far at all.

I think it's because Cinnabar really doesnt want to deal with any of the other gems.

Instantly recognized Kugimiya Rie as Alex, despite the few lines she had.
Damn Phos got some fancy legs, super fast aswell!

This show really feels unique, not seen anything quite like it before and it's a breath of fresh air for sure!
Oct 25, 2020 8:53 PM

Jun 2020
I'm loving this show the more and more I watch it. Unique as hell and the animation is wonderfully captivating. Phos is so cute as well as Dia :>
Dec 28, 2020 10:07 PM

May 2020
WOW. This episode is literally so beautiful
Feb 19, 2021 10:07 AM

Sep 2017
Characters are flat and the story hasn't really gone anywhere yet. Despite this, the animation does have its excellent moments and I am intrigued about the whole concept of 'bone,' 'flesh,' and 'spirit.' We'll see...
Mar 12, 2021 1:02 PM

Feb 2020
Poor Phos. She lost a bit of her memory, but now she has a damn cool and and fast legs.
Apr 25, 2021 1:49 PM

Feb 2021
i can alredy feel that somewhere in the serie, when cinnabar and phos' relationship develops, one of them will forget the other one, that's going to be some great drama moment. at first i was put off by phos because i usually hate overjoyful characters, that's why the manga was on-hold for a while, but after starting the anime i must say i'm growing to like her a lot, i might make space for her in my favourite list, either her or cinnabar, i'm expecting some lesbian romance with rocks as the interested subjects.
Jul 5, 2021 10:35 PM

Jan 2020
Rip to phos's legs. At least these new ones have potential to be great

I love the water cgi

Jul 19, 2021 6:27 PM

Apr 2018
Snail's brother is pretty crazy but strong. Phos is still alive, thanks to the other snail.
Without legs tho but she got some new ones and damn.. those are fast. I'm glad and hyped to see her run at top speed with those legs. She may be useful now. And maybe we'll see some Phos action?

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 21, 2021 6:53 AM

Mar 2016
Phosphophyllite may have lost 1/3 of her memories along with her legs, but in return, she got these pair of new sweet, black and white striped legs that allow her to run at an insane speed, there is absolutely no exaggeration whatsoever when I say that. This pair of legs is straight-up supersonic. At last, finally, our poor little Phos is now capable of at least defending herself by running the fuck away from danger, or if she feels a little hardheaded, launch herself towards any flying Lunarioans in the sky. Therefore in a way, she sacrificed 1/3 of her body parts and memories, along with her job as the encyclopedia researcher ON TOP of being scored by Sensei and exhausting the hell out of the other gems, all to eventually be rewarded by these new pair of heels. Pretty sweet...

Dec 11, 2021 3:04 AM

Aug 2020
That is what happens when you go against your Sensai.

Well in return, he got new pair of legs that are more durable and fast.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Dec 18, 2021 3:41 PM
Apr 2021
There was a lot of powerful moments like when Phos was found by Cinnabar. Also their new legs are really cool! I think for an anime where the characters bodies are a big part of the plot one could call Phos's new legs character development in some way.

Dec 20, 2021 9:15 AM
Nov 2020
Not every show that starts off well will become a top tier masterpiece.
Apr 22, 2022 1:58 PM

May 2020
I guess all these other gems are doing nothing but cleaning after Phos's mess for quite a while now. Now don't really blame them always picking on him. Though that was some neat transformation towards the end.
Jun 6, 2022 9:16 AM

Jun 2016
Phos is ready to throw her life away.

I guess she got saved quite easily then

I wonder how Phos will get stronger
Jul 26, 2022 1:30 PM

Feb 2019
Phos got new legs, now she can run like Sonic.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Aug 16, 2022 3:19 PM

Jan 2011
i dont get how the brother escaped, i thought that was odd, it looked like he didnt need any help at all
i still wanna know how this gems are born, like do they divide their bodies or what
Nov 17, 2022 6:11 PM

Oct 2022
A great episode once again with my personal highlight being Cinnabar and Phos talking after Phos washed up on the beach. I can't express enough how much I love their relationship and struggle being at the center of the show.

Apr 16, 2023 8:36 PM
Feb 2021
Bangin episode. I'm glad that Phos now has something to show for himself now. I'm not really a fan of the romance between Phos and Cinnabar tho, it seems incredibly self destructive, but I suppose Cinnabar could find some way to neutralize his poison by modding like Phos. It also seems weird that the Gem people can fall in love, that seems like kinda a flesh snail thing, but maybe the lore won't be so accurate. Idk, if the story ends up being about how love transcends the flesh or whatever, I'll be extremely disappointed
Dec 2, 2023 8:27 PM
Oct 2021
This was undoubtably the greatest episode and it made me see this as a show really worth it. Hopefully it goes on with it's careful writing of characters because they're great. I love it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

315 by EngelsGreyrat »»
Yesterday, 11:00 AM

» Not at 500,000 viewers after 6 years :(

ghier - Dec 2, 2023

29 by APolygons2 »»
Feb 11, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

147 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

108 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

106 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Dec 1, 2023 4:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.