Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2017 5:32 AM

Feb 2016
Hi everyone...

I pretty much like long running shonens
I enjoyed one piece bleach narouto hunter x hunter
Fairy tail dragon ball d grey man and others....

Should I watch this ????
Nov 2, 2017 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
it's pretty much the same as bleach since both dont adapt their last 200 chapters or so.

i've seen only 5 episodes and it was ok. plan to pick it up in 2018 when i have more free time
Nov 2, 2017 6:03 AM

Feb 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:
The fight are... decent, with a few really good (Xanxus one, for exemple). Story wise, it's meh. But the biggest problem are all the "humoristic" episodes. Let's be clear, the first 26 episodes are mostly funny episodes, that work on running gags. after that, they began to be a real battle shonen. In the manga, they go from an arc to the following one. In the anime, between the real arc, the filler are "funny" episodes working on same gag than the first episodes. And it's boring at best. more over, those filler ignore the character progression overall.

So you don't recommend it ??
Nov 2, 2017 6:03 AM

Oct 2017
no
read the manga..
although the manga isn't that great either
Nov 2, 2017 6:11 AM

Apr 2012
Since it's the same author, you can try the shorter Eldlive for a taste, and if you like it you can then watch KHR.
Nov 2, 2017 6:28 AM

Dec 2015
Compared to the rest of the long running shounen series, KHR takes it's sweet time to get serious and has some of the most unfunny gag episodes I've ever seen, even when it gets serious it's pretty bland and boring.

Most of the characters are irritating, especially main character Tsuna who is one of the most insufferable shounen protagonists ever, and Lambo, the walking cancer of the show.

TL;DR - No I wouldn't recommend it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 2, 2017 8:21 AM

Feb 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:
Kja95 said:

So you don't recommend it ??
If you're into battle shone, try it. maybe pass the fillers between arcs. It's not gonna be the ride of you life (it's clearly not Bleach, OP, DB nor any of the series you listed lvl), but it can still be enjoyable a friday night when it rains. But since it seem you didn't see it yet, I would rather advice you Yu Yu Hakusho.

Well that settles it, another anime to the drop list..

picking anime to watch became harder for me recently I was so excited about khr though

Yuyu hakusho is in my plan to watch list don't worry I know it's a great show...
Nov 2, 2017 8:22 AM

Feb 2016
joe_g7 said:
Compared to the rest of the long running shounen series, KHR takes it's sweet time to get serious and has some of the most unfunny gag episodes I've ever seen, even when it gets serious it's pretty bland and boring.

Most of the characters are irritating, especially main character Tsuna who is one of the most insufferable shounen protagonists ever, and Lambo, the walking cancer of the show.

TL;DR - No I wouldn't recommend it.

Thank you saved me 200 episodes...
Nov 2, 2017 8:38 AM

Sep 2017
First 24 episodes shows how annoying the mc is before they fight with the 1st antagonist. Around episode 50 or so is really serious and hype. Some bs happened in ep 80 though which stretched until 200.

Is it decent to watch? Maybe. I dont stick with the plebeian 3 episode rule so I sticked till the end.

Is it good? So so. If you have time to waste then you can watch it.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 4, 2017 1:53 AM

Oct 2007
I'm actually rewatching the series lol since I recently finished binge watching BNHA, so it made me have an urge to rewatch KHR. The most boring and hard to get through would probably be the Daily Life arcs... all the other arcs were pretty good and kept me entertained and making me want to watch more. This is coming from a female perspective so i'm not sure if this helps you but what keeps me watching is Hibari and the anime only arc that featured the 1st generation Vongola's (gotta love Giotto and Alaude).

But agreed with the other commenters; Lambo = the biggest annoyance ever -_- though his TYL self is pretty stable.
Nov 6, 2017 4:31 AM

Jan 2013
If you love JUMP-series, you should watch it, just withstand with first 20+ episode (mislead episode), then you will rewarded.

KHR has a bad start because what I remember back then, the mangaka said, she want to make KHR a gag story but end-up become mainstream battle-manga.

One of the best for me since KHR is the one who make me addicted to anime.

Nov 24, 2017 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
I love the show and I would recommend it.

However, the first 20 episodes can get pretty drab after a while then 20+ starts getting interesting. Key character interactions are pretty much non-existent and the humor can get old.

But I love this show to the death. It has a certain family charm that I just can't get enough of. You should pick out a few episodes and give it a try.
Nov 24, 2017 3:41 AM

Sep 2014
It's quite good actually. I found the early fillers to be bearable and you still can skip them if you want. I recommend you to skip every filler from the future arc tho they are some of the worst fillers I've seen in anime.
Dec 6, 2017 1:38 AM

Feb 2016
Some confict in opinions here

Thanks everyone one I will try it and decide...

More topics from this board

» Reborn the Character

Kakuneon - Apr 14

0 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 14, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 203 Discussion ( 1 2 )

byebyeblackbird - Dec 2, 2010

93 by Yuurippe22 »»
Apr 7, 9:02 AM

» 80 episodes in and im wondering if its worth to continue

smolseok - Jan 7

8 by Kenpachi_91 »»
Jan 8, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 3 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 10, 2009

26 by FanthyLord »»
Nov 5, 2023 10:45 AM

» For those of you who want a better experience starting hitman reborn.

ArtimesGamer - Apr 2, 2012

29 by removed-user »»
Oct 31, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.