Forums
New
Nov 1, 2017 6:40 AM

Oct 2017

Finally a honest Youtuber.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2017 6:41 AM

Oct 2014
Yh why go to a legal site if the pirates have better service.

Oh and Digi is also honest about all that.
Nov 1, 2017 6:54 AM

Jan 2010
Yep.
Only legally buy official stuff for your favorite anime~
Nov 1, 2017 6:59 AM
Jun 2017
I typed a long ass reply and it was deleted

Jul 2017
To be honest i only buy figurines, not sure how much that supports authors, but thats all i can do. Aint wasting money on ordering blu-rays if i can watch a pirated version much faster (I only have blu rays of a few movies but still)

May 2016
A large number of people cutting their subscriptions and starting to pirate will force streaming sites to innovate, make a better product, and bring back not only those ex-subscribers but bring in the HUGE market of people who never cared about supporting the industry in the first place.
lol people actually believe this

Why do people have to make up justifications for pirating rather than just admitting that rationally free is better than priced if you're getting the exact same product?
Nov 1, 2017 7:01 AM
Apr 2013
The video creator is shilling for MAL top kek.

Oct 2017
Yudina said:
A large number of people cutting their subscriptions and starting to pirate will force streaming sites to innovate, make a better product, and bring back not only those ex-subscribers but bring in the HUGE market of people who never cared about supporting the industry in the first place.

Why do people have to make up justifications for pirating rather than just admitting that rationally free is better than priced if you're getting the exact same product?

hurrrrrr durrrrr everyone that don't like legal streams sites are just trying to justyfing their evilness cause I AM the good GUY

Oct 2013
isn't this like almost 2 or 3 weeks old
Well I remember watching it before. Was ok
Nov 1, 2017 7:04 AM

May 2016
Killbay_Kun said:
Yudina said:

hurrrrrr durrrrr everyone that don't like legal streams sites are just trying to justyfing their evilness cause I AM the good GUY
I pirate all my anime. I don't pay for it because it's better to get a product for free than it is to pay for it.

But I don't make any stupid economic justifications that are based on zero business sense.

I'm not surprised that people in this community buy into this argument though. None of you guys have seriously done anything related to business/finance/cash flow so I don't expect you people to have any conception of decision making in large corporate settings.

pgmhecateii said:
Ain't watching that, but would anybody be so stupid to pay for anime when they can watch it free?
Convenience. The basic formula for a consumer's decision making comes down to how much time is required in acquiring something and how much money they have. Provided they have enough money, there's a point where the consumer will buy something if the delivery is quick enough.

It's not a great analogy for anime, since delivery of product is relatively instantaneous, but you can see this stuff with Amazon Prime and the Steam Store, where the latter is a pretty good example of where the convenience of having your games in an easily accessible library probably overrides some people's urges to pirate those very games.
YudinaNov 1, 2017 7:07 AM
Nov 1, 2017 7:15 AM

Aug 2014
Gabe Newell already quoted it.
It's not the people, it's the service to blame.
Blame Manga and LN sells bad but have a language barrier despite the international interest.
Anime that is ridiculously overpriced for the physical price not to mention shippings.
Anime that is limited to specific country.

Whos to blame really?
Nov 1, 2017 7:19 AM

Jan 2012
I'll pirate the episodes. If you like it, support them by buying their goods!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 1, 2017 7:21 AM

Apr 2016
Xaelath said:
Whos to blame really?

Nippon for giving too much fucks about western customers.
Nov 1, 2017 7:24 AM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
Xaelath said:
Whos to blame really?

Nippon for giving too much fucks about western customers.

Well my last wish for anime/manga/ln industry that connect each other are better service which include international language.
I dont mind they advertise Manga/LN via Anime but least fucking translate it to english.

but again why Western tho?
Nov 1, 2017 7:28 AM

Apr 2016
Xaelath said:

When western pirates steal their product they going to start third world war, but when west wants more from their products legally what is what they do ? they sell it to some damn western streaming service and dont care about the rest only how much money the get.
Nov 1, 2017 7:29 AM

Mar 2012
I already did though. I will buy anime only if I get rich and have too much excess money.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 1, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2011
What's the point of this ? everyone already does it.
Nov 1, 2017 7:42 AM

Sep 2016
i mean everyone in digital industry are fucking retarded anyway. wanna be successful? follow GABEN, look what he did.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 1, 2017 7:45 AM

Oct 2014
Xaelath said:
Blame Manga and LN sells bad but have a language barrier despite the international interest.
Anime that is ridiculously overpriced for the physical price not to mention shippings.

Whos to blame really?

Well Gaben was able to make Games Region free because there is a shit ton of money.
Anime on the other hand doesn't and growing and spreading out the industry costs A DAM LOT!
Nov 1, 2017 7:49 AM

Apr 2017
pgmhecateii said:
Ain't watching that, but would anybody be so stupid to pay for anime when they can watch it free?

It depends on people , if you want to support the industry , you'll pay .. if you don't want , you won't ...

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Nov 1, 2017 7:53 AM
Mar 2014
Swagernator said:
Xaelath said:

When western pirates steal their product they going to start third world war, but when west wants more from their products legally what is what they do ? they sell it to some damn western streaming service and dont care about the rest only how much money the get.
they dont get enough money. they should know eveyones gonna pirate now and move on to a better business model. It's a shame trigger hasn't opened that patreon they were talking about around the beginning of the year, because people are clearly willing to patron them and donate to them, so give them the fucking option. You can easily come up with perks for such patrons if you don't want to count on people to just donate, like short interviews. Digibro's idea that streaming services should prompt you with a "hay dude how much did u think dis epi was worth wanna donate to le creators we take 5% commission or w/e" is also good. These things can be implemented in moments, there's nothing stopping them from doing it. The producers are operating badly. People are going to pirate anyway, let them at least contribute in other ways that aren't "hurrdurr buy this overpriced BD."
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 1, 2017 7:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
people need to start giving a brief summery of the video so i don't have to give an anime youtuber a view
Nov 1, 2017 8:03 AM

Aug 2014
Swagernator said:
Xaelath said:

Problems get complicated overtimes..
Bourmegar said:
Xaelath said:

Whos to blame really?

Well Gaben was able to make Games Region free because there is a shit ton of money.
Anime on the other hand doesn't and growing and spreading out the industry costs A DAM LOT!

Again it's services problems.
Money will come later once you provide a better service.
Gabe Newell also started from zero you know.
Valve to be exact.
There's also origin and GOG for competitive market.
Yet they're still there despite the lacks of innovation to make a game although they've been steadily improving their service (sometimes wrecking it), their own game engine including their own hardware.
That's for PC Gaming most known DRM sellers.

What about anime?
Crunchy rolls have this service issue that already mentioned for years without any actual improvement.
Other streaming services exclusively binded to their own place.

What does it similar to?
All kind of recent EA games that purposely exclusive for origin.
What's the backlash? Dead games, abandoned ware, more microtransactions like those battlefront 2 crap and "the only customer who came to the service provided are only playing the game they wanted and then left like nothing happened".

That's the harsh truth.
An industry need a community that dedicated to work and pay for its progress.
Anime industry lacks the attention due the diversity from Manga and Light Novel counter parts.
Like i said, how does this producer who provide the money to create the anime and a better service for the watcher if it's only limited to few countries while waiting the country itself to license it?
Are there even a way for the producer to gain profit properly from limited service and customer?

Argh it's complicated as hell yet the answer were never clear.
Nov 1, 2017 8:03 AM

Feb 2010
Yes I'm sure cutting their profits and reducing their funds will make them able to improve their service and pay for better translators, more licenses (competing with netflix and amazon over the big titles) or whatever else people have issues with.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 1, 2017 8:17 AM

Oct 2014
Xaelath said:
Swagernator said:

Problems get complicated overtimes..
Bourmegar said:

Again it's services problems.
Money will come later once you provide a better service.
Gabe Newell also started from zero you know.
Valve to be exact.
There's also origin and GOG for competitive market.
Yet they're still there despite the lacks of innovation to make a game although they've been steadily improving their service (sometimes wrecking it), their own game engine including their own hardware.
That's for PC Gaming most known DRM sellers.

What about anime?
Crunchy rolls have this service issue that already mentioned for years without any actual improvement.
Other streaming services exclusively binded to their own place.

What does it similar to?
All kind of recent EA games that purposely exclusive for origin.
What's the backlash? Dead games, abandoned ware, more microtransactions like those battlefront 2 crap and "the only customer who came to the service provided are only playing the game they wanted and then left like nothing happened".

That's the harsh truth.
An industry need a community that dedicated to work and pay for its progress.
Anime industry lacks the attention due the diversity from Manga and Light Novel counter parts.
Like i said, how does this producer who provide the money to create the anime and a better service for the watcher if it's only limited to few countries while waiting the country itself to license it?
Are there even a way for the producer to gain profit properly from limited service and customer?

Argh it's complicated as hell yet the answer were never clear.

Yup but let's be clear about one crucial thing,
Gaming just has a better business model, they know how to get the money from their customers.

Anime's business model is just poor which is most likely the cause of all these issues.
Coz in order to innovate, you need money and safety.

EA on the other hand is just stupid by itself.
Nov 1, 2017 8:24 AM
Mar 2014
You don't need money and safety in order to innovate, at least not in business management.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 1, 2017 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
relevant: http://goboiano.com/mushishis-anime-studio-has-gone-bankrupt/
you can thank shameless pirates for the studio's bankruptcy.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Nov 1, 2017 8:33 AM

Sep 2016
DreamingBeats said:
you should thank shitty business model of anime industry
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 1, 2017 8:51 AM

Oct 2014
GangsterCat said:
DreamingBeats said:
you should thank shitty business model of anime industry

Japan just seems to not like the idea of an update......
Nov 1, 2017 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
pgmhecateii said:

yeah. i think the benefits of pirating is checking it out. PVs are short and show nothing. like what if you get ripped off.

not me xD but there are people that would watch a pirated anime and if they like it they buy it, out of respect for the people who put effort in it.
Nov 1, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
FruitlessJuice said:
PVs are short and show nothing. like what if you get ripped off.

food sample from Costco are small and show nothing. like what if you get ripped off when buying the whole product? best to just take the product without having to pay!

manga previews are small and show nothing. like what if you get ripped off when buying the whole manga? best to just take the manga without having to pay!

car test drive doesn't show much of its capabilities, like what if it turns out you don't like the car a year from now? best to just take it without paying! only those who really like the car they "borrowed" would pay for it out of goodness of their heart.

edit: people trying to justify piracy is pretty sickening. then again, this is MAL, home of pirates.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Nov 1, 2017 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
DreamingBeats said:
FruitlessJuice said:
PVs are short and show nothing. like what if you get ripped off.

food sample from Costco are small and show nothing. like what if you get ripped off when buying the whole product? best to just take the product without having to pay!

manga previews are small and show nothing. like what if you get ripped off when buying the whole manga? best to just take the manga without having to pay!

car test drive doesn't show much of its capabilities, like what if it turns out you don't like the car a year from now? best to just take it without paying! only those who really like the car they "borrowed" would pay for it out of goodness of their heart.

edit: people trying to justify piracy is pretty sickening. then again, this is MAL, home of pirates.
youre stewpid and missing my point.
Nov 1, 2017 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
FruitlessJuice said:
youre stewpid and missing my point.

you claimed that a PV might not be enough to determine whether you like a show or not. this is misleading for several reasons:

1. many of the series can be watched for free through advertisement or through a free premium trial.
2. some of the current shows that don't come to the west can still be watched on sites like anitere (TV Tokyo)
3. and for series that already ended, you can watch the 1st 1-2 episodes for free in their entirety (so much for the "pv" argument)
4. and of course, the cost of a paid membership isn't that high. granted, it may or may not be worth it depending on which series you like and what-not, but saying that $5 a month would break the bank is laughable at best.

i mean, i understand piracy, but i don't go and try to justify it as some people here are.

Nov 1, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2017
Yudina said:
Killbay_Kun said:

I pirate all my anime. I don't pay for it because it's better to get a product for free than it is to pay for it.

But I don't make any stupid economic justifications that are based on zero business sense.

I'm not surprised that people in this community buy into this argument though. None of you guys have seriously done anything related to business/finance/cash flow so I don't expect you people to have any conception of decision making in large corporate settings.

Show don't tell.
If you find the argument that he made invalid then show us why you think that argument is invalid instead of acting like you were a business profissional (which you aren't).
If you can't do that then it's obvious why a lot of people use a argument that you disaggre with m8.
Nov 1, 2017 10:48 AM

Oct 2017
DreamingBeats said:

Or it's because that this studio only made garbage in the last 5 years smh.
Nov 1, 2017 10:52 AM
Sep 2015
I agree, but the problem I have is the 2nd half, the what happens next.

If you've turned to pirating for the last year, watching close to HD anime wherever you want for free, are you really going to want to go back to paying subscriptions fees, remembering that no single company can get all licencing?
Watch Nichijou
Nov 1, 2017 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
What the fuck is this trend of urging people to pirate?

It's making me want to do the opposite and get a Crunchyroll account... yuck.
Nov 1, 2017 11:48 AM

May 2016
Killbay_Kun said:
Yudina said:

Show don't tell.
If you find the argument that he made invalid then show us why you think that argument is invalid instead of acting like you were a business profissional (which you aren't).
If you can't do that then it's obvious why a lot of people use a argument that you disaggre with m8.
I'm not interested in making arguments against people who post these kind of videos, but sure I'll bite. For starters, yes, I work in business and have for the last 6+ years, so I'm always happy when people doubt my credentials simply because I make the salient point that none of you guys have any experience in economics and finance. I maintain that you don't know jack shit, so let's move on.

The argument is inherently retarded in the actual theory of business decision making practices. If enough people unsubscribe, the business will close down and stop operating and move on to other things. That's just how it works. I don't know where people got this impression that consumer activism in boycotting products ever substantially changed business practices, but it is essentially a myth of modern capitalism. It simply either doesn't exist or doesn't exist nearly to the degree that people think.

Cases where companies do "wrong" and "change" are meant to salvage reputation and branding for competitive purposes. That isn't the case in a market that is dominated by consumers largely apathetic to "brand" (since the product received is the same) and have players that are largely not competitive with one another. Furthermore, it's even worse if the consumer is moving onto something that is free, because business makers are looking at this from a cost/benefit perspective. If the consumer has moved onto an identical product that is free, there is no reason for the business to continue operating/changing their price model because delivering their product for anything less than free is not only not competitive, it's going to lose money.

In other words, this idea is legit retarded. You're literally telling people to stop their subscriptions and wait till Crunchyroll bleeds so much money that they'll do whatever it takes to get their subscribers back. News flash: That will never happen. The moment Crunchyroll sees that enough people abandon their product and that it's an unsustainable business model, they will quit the industry and its head executives will move on to other platforms. You see this in every single outdated video content delivery platform (Blockbuster and the like) with the exception of Netflix (which somehow miraculously survived despite a decrepit and old business model) and even Netflix's problems with debt persist.

Third, it's retarded to think that the concentration of subscribers who are currently at Crunchyroll/Netflix/Amazon/etc. are going to change substantially just because they deliver "better" product. There's simply no correlation here other than the logic of high school level behavioral economics, where people think that better reputation/better service will translate to people switching from one mode of consumption to another. The most important sole determinant of change will be the income levels of people who pirate, and frankly, retards who buy into this video give me doubt that they'll be making even a third of what I earn annually.

Fourth, all empiric evidence insists that to switch to pirating in a niche industry will just lead to higher prices and attention on the domestic market. The actual content of anime is already emblematic of this, but even economic data has shown that in the last few years (2016 was an anomaly because of Your Name) that while TV sales have remained relatively consistent, the industry has been making money from non-DVD products and gacha. It just seems to me that the market is reacting precisely in the way that it should: that if sales aren't going to substantially increase, then the only real solution is to raise prices on current products and/or focus on secondary products that can be grown.

Anyway, the point is, this video is retarded. People who believe it are morons, and most people should really stop pretending that they know anything about economics on this board. It's legit hilarious to read when I'm sitting at my desk, but it's honestly pretty sad given how sincere some of it is.
YudinaNov 1, 2017 11:54 AM
Nov 1, 2017 11:56 AM
Jul 2015
bl4x1 said:

Would anybody be so stupid to pay for anything when they can just steal it?

If you steal a DVD it's gone. It can't be sold anymore. But if you pirate a movie or show it can still be sold. Pirating is NOT stealing. No one loses anything.

Paying instead of stealing is not about the jailtime. I could shoplift a lot of shit. It's about getting something in return for you money. I could go out in the woods and collect berries and eat the. But I'd rather pay for convenience. What convenience does legal streaming offer that is better than a pirate site? Nothing. Steam does it right. Low prices, convenient, almost everything available, etc.

---

S-quare22 said:

It depends on people , if you want to support the industry , you'll pay .. if you don't want , you won't ...

You support the western middlemen, but not the industry. Just take a look at the charts floating around. We in the west don't matter. China brings in the most overseas money.
Nov 1, 2017 11:59 AM

Oct 2017
Yudina said:
Killbay_Kun said:

Show don't tell.
I'm not interested in making arguments against people who post these kind of videos, but sure I'll bite. For starters, yes, I work in business and have for the last 6+ years, so I'm always happy when people doubt my credentials simply because I make the salient point that none of you guys have any experience in economics and finance. I maintain that you don't know jack shit, so let's move on.

The argument is inherently retarded in the actual theory of business decision making practices. If enough people unsubscribe, the business will close down and stop operating and move on to other things. That's just how it works. I don't know where people got this impression that consumer activism in boycotting products ever substantially changed business practices, but it is essentially a myth of modern capitalism. It simply either doesn't exist or doesn't exist nearly to the degree that people think.

Cases where companies do "wrong" and "change" are meant to salvage reputation and branding for competitive purposes. That isn't the case in a market that is dominated by consumers largely apathetic to "brand" (since the product received is the same) and have players that are largely not competitive with one another. Furthermore, it's even worse if the consumer is moving onto something that is free, because business makers are looking at this from a cost/benefit perspective. If the consumer has moved onto an identical product that is free, there is no reason for the business to continue operating/changing their price model because delivering their product for anything less than free is not only not competitive, it's going to lose money.

In other words, this idea is legit retarded. You're literally telling people to stop their subscriptions and wait till Crunchyroll bleeds so much money that they'll do whatever it takes to get their subscribers back. News flash: That will never happen. The moment Crunchyroll sees that enough people abandon their product and that it's an unsustainable business model, they will quit the industry and its head executives will move on to other platforms. You see this in every single outdated video content delivery platform (Blockbuster and the like) with the exception of Netflix (which somehow miraculously survived despite a decrepit and old business model) and even Netflix's problems with debt persist.

Third, it's retarded to think that the concentration of subscribers who are currently at Crunchyroll/Netflix/Amazon/etc. are going to change substantially just because they deliver "better" product. There's simply no correlation here other than the logic of high school level behavioral economics, where people think that better reputation/better service will translate to people switching from one mode of consumption to another. The most important sole determinant of change will be the income levels of people who pirate, and frankly, retards who buy into this video give me doubt that they'll be making even a third of what I earn annually.

Fourth, all empiric evidence insists that to switch to pirating in a niche industry will just lead to higher prices and attention on the domestic market. The actual content of anime is already emblematic of this, but even economic data has shown that in the last few years (2016 was an anomaly because of Your Name) that while TV sales have remained relatively consistent, the industry has been making money from non-DVD products and gacha. It just seems to me that the market is reacting precisely in the way that it should: that if sales aren't going to substantially increase, then the only real solution is to raise prices on current products and/or focus on secondary products that can be grown.

Anyway, the point is, this video is retarded. People who believe it are morons, and most people should really stop pretending that they know anything about economics on this board. It's legit hilarious to read when I'm sitting at my desk, but it's honestly pretty sad given how sincere some of it is.

Holy wall of text, you clearly did a great job there '-'

When i get home i will read it to reply you.
Nov 1, 2017 11:59 AM

Oct 2017
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

You're just doing what these type of people want you to do m8.
Nov 1, 2017 12:00 PM

Jul 2017
I ain't paying for stuff I could get for free. That's just financially irresponsible.
Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Nov 1, 2017 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
Turns out i was doing the right thing all along. Thank you, Uniquenameosaurus-kun, you are an youtuber to be remembered for the books.
Nov 1, 2017 12:08 PM

Sep 2017
You cant tell me what to do when im already doing it. Lol
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 1, 2017 12:13 PM

Apr 2011
I have. And I will continue to do that.
Nov 1, 2017 1:23 PM

Nov 2011
Yudina said:
Killbay_Kun said:

Show don't tell.

thank you for this intelligent post. the effect on piracy can also be seen in the gaming industry: game companies are moving towards the mobile platform with in-game currency/shop. the sad thing - even when said companies are generous to free-to-play users (such as BandaiNamco), people will still complain that they can't get stuff from the game in a silver platter at no cost. people just want to get everything for free.

Nov 1, 2017 1:31 PM
Jul 2015
DreamingBeats said:
the effect on piracy can also be seen in the gaming industry: game companies are moving towards the mobile platform with in-game currency/shop.

LOL @ you if you really believe that. They only do it because it makes them a shit ton of money. Shark cards are the reason why we didn't get SP DLC for GTA V. They are making way more money with it than they could ever make with SP DLC. Lootboxes exist in games like Overwatch because people are willing to pay for it. I member the days where you could actually unlock custom costumes and shit by simply playing the game. Publishers tested whether people are willing to pay (horse armor DLC comes to mind) and people did pay. Then they moved on to DLC for every retailer (GS exclusive, Amazon exclusive etc) and now lootboxes, because people are willing to pay for the CHANCE to get the item they want. You leave money on the table if you don't implement that shit in your games. And it has NOTHING to do with piracy.

In japan they add physical items and lottery tickets for stuff and meet-ups in physical releases to get people to buy stuff. What do we get here? A shit dub and a few postcards. Nothing of value. Nothing, that a free stream can't offer too. I buy legit figurines because the bootlegs look like shit. I'm willing to spend money. Just not on shit that I can get in a better version for less or even free. And I'm not alone with this. The companies need to adapt to the market if they want to survive. Music groups tour a lot more because people want to see them in concert but no one buys their CD's anymore. Anime can add figurines, keychains or other shit that you can't get elsewhere.
Nov 1, 2017 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
Killbay_Kun said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

You're just doing what these type of people want you to do m8.

If I'm going to pirate, it's because I have my own reasons to do so.

Not because random Youtubers urge me to do it, or because it's "better" for myself and the anime community.
You don't have to tell me that these streaming sites offer a bad deal, I alone will be the judge of that, and I've already reached a conclusion.

In short: the more videos I see about how everyone should pirate, the more I feel the urge to go straight to Crunchyroll and sub for 3 months.
Nov 1, 2017 2:23 PM
Aug 2011
Oh that video,

A lot of my opinions mimics Digibro in a lot of ways but some differences. I think Uniquenameosaurus has some valid points but also drops the ball on many topics.
Don't support the industry just to support it. If they are offing terrible products don't buy into it out of a sense of duty. If no one is offering your product you want to watch go ahead and pirate no one will stop you. If something is VHS only I will pirate it since the technology is that outdated. I watched an old VHS final fantasy anime out of curiosity on YouTube and no one is really going to complain about it. Is Kissanime or anyone else offers 70s, 80s or other anime no one else is go ahead and pirate no one is really going to complain on this. Even if I think the ads can be incredibly annoying sometimes even with an ad blocker.

A lot of people admitting they don't use Crunchyroll are most likely having issues with region licensing. This is a government issue and the only fix is to remove the licensing issues. This is an issue that pirating can get around and likely not going to have a fast solution anytime soon. This is valid criticism regarding the service and how streaming works, Crunchyroll has a problem with this and I personally don’t see what they can do right now to fix this issue outside of just expanding, which Uniquenameosaurus’s point of boycotting makes this point completely moronic but I’ll get to that later.

This is a similar problem with not subtitling openings and endings where it might be a licensing issue with music. I personally don’t care as much about this and wouldn’t make or break any streaming for me. What I can agree with is that Crunchyroll should update subtitles outside of the first week they add them or the anime airs. I do agree that should be something they do with their service.
Uniquenameosaurus’ point on the competitive nature of steaming competing with each other is really dumb. If everyone offered the exact same product the only thing separating them would be the price point. Everyone would just jump to the cheapest one in that situation. He has a point that there is no rhyme or reason in a lot of cases. Some anime studios are being exclusive to certain streaming services but overall, it’s not consistent. Outside of that his point that no one has a monopoly on anime is really stupid. Even pirate sites are in a way competing for who you go to for it, anime itself is competing with other anime to justify watching that one over the others that are airing. Exclusivity is a legitimate reason for services to justify themselves, compare this to gaming. Nintendo is only on first party consoles and isn’t legally available on pc. Trying to argue all streaming services should have the same anime as each other isn’t going to happen and it shouldn’t.

Integrating mal into Crunchyroll is also a good idea, the reverse already happens with mal having links to the episodes. Doing the reverse would be cool of an idea to help improve the service. I also like the idea of individual clips being easy to find and navigate.

Anyone trying to claim boycott to make them innovate is an idiot. Crunchyroll doesn’t need to innovate massively right now and most people either don’t care about these ideas or don’t give a crap about 6 dollars a month. Anyone trying to claim, lol too expensive, is making a terrible argument. You probably own a PC or a cellphone, I sincerely doubt you can’t afford 6 dollars a month or deal with ad breaks if you want it free. If you just don’t care and pirate everything then fine but stop trying to play the poverty card on this. It’s embarrassing and trying to morally justify it with completely inane logic like with a $6 a month price tag. It’s the same price as a sub from subway or getting something from McDonalds, come on now.

Only other thing would be morality which I disagree with Digibro on that it has no place in the discussion. I think it does and given that he is crowd funded, he might not resonate with the idea of morality on this given how he is paid versus anime studios. If someone pirates one of his videos he won’t care as much since he gets paid per month via patreon, something I donate to as well. He does get money via youtube as well though it seems like most of his money and where he cares to cater his content is through patreon. I think the morality of asking if you would care if someone pirated your work should come into the discussion if it is ok to do it or not. If someone doesn’t find it wrong and is a-ok doing it let them. I think it does have a place in the discussion since I do agree no one is really entitled to anything but it’s very case by case when I would find it a lot more acceptable.

Uniquenameosaurus’ point about boycotting is still really stupid. It’s six dollars a month, no one is really fretting over that and cares to drop it for those new ideas or services to improve. Crunchyroll might care to implement new ideas but they aren’t exactly in desperate need to innovate new ideas given that they are growing very well as a company. Plus, for people who pirate everything, they aren’t going to turn them anyways, why should they try to tap into that rather than just offering the same well priced service with a growing library. People keep dropping the Gabe point with steam and while it is true I fail to see how for people in the US why Crunchyroll is some service that isn’t priced right nor offering good value. I’ve heard people complain about the player but I’ve never had an issue with it personally even if they could improve on it. But how exactly does boycotting exactly make a service improve versus voicing complaints to them directly with suggestions. It doesn’t help that most people who are subbed to them don’t give a crap about most of the issues he brought up outside of the multiple streamers issues which is more a problem for the other streaming services and not Crunchyroll itself given its service is good but the other ones have some problems. I do think trying to compete with piracy is always a good idea rather than quashing it, but at the same time you are fighting against people offering it for free and in some cases directly stealing it from Crunchyroll so competing with them goes out the window.

Uniquenameosaurus has some good suggestions but a lot of his points are also not well thought out or miss key details.

I won’t tell people to pirate or not, I’ll pirate when it Is literally impossible to find something legally. You do you for what you want to do. My stance I make pretty clear at this point that I will support it legally when I can and Crunchyroll isn’t charging highway robbery for six dollars. I do for appealing to decency providing money for service. Digital media is in a weird spot and has been for a while where it is easy as hell to pirate and copy stuff to make money off it, Kissanime makes millions off of ads, and/or give it to people for free because they want it for free. Only way to really compete with it is to offer a service close enough to it and providing good convenience.

TL;DR Boycotting Crunchryroll isn’t going to cause some massive shift and most people don’t care enough about some of the suggestions. Uniquenameosaurus’ overall message and idea is bad because it doesn’t understand how business operate.
Nov 1, 2017 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
Now, where will I get my Onii-sama Vol.19?! As you go deeper from the industry in general, shit gets taken out and nothing will be left.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 54 minutes ago

16 by Pinoffin »»
39 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

128 by -YaoiBoy- »»
12 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

213 by Catalano »»
14 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 5 hours ago

28 by -Ryu »»
15 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

2 by IpreferEcchi »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.