Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2017 10:57 AM

Mar 2012
Finally, more screentime of my 2nd favorite SnS girl, Rindou-senpai. Funny to see her teasing Kuga and then sampling all 120 booths in five days. I like how the Tsukasa constantly worries over little things such as the room conditions, but remains highly confident on how tasty his dishes are.

Hype! Things are finally going to get more serious now that evil bastard has arrived in full animation! Having Aizen's VA as Azami is perfect.

Credit to Hihanteki
Oct 31, 2017 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
Pizzagun said:

If I would care about the Japanese I would be a Love Live,Tiger and Bunny and Madoca Magica fan, he may not be an alpha villain,but calling him shitty and make him responsible for the downfall of the manga is an exaggeration....I thought the execution was good too and as you said yourself the consequences came later on, Foodwars is a long running shounen after all and as we know they take some time to set up and develop certain aspects and actions of characters. If people loose interest till there it may be their fault,cause there are certainly others who enjoyed the latest arcs.

Haha, not only Japanese but other fans too. He is probably not the only culprit for the downfall but certainly played a major part, consequences doesn't matter when there is an immediate remedy in the form of current arc(and not even major consequences, otherwise it would have been over a long ago). Whatever, this is anime forum so don't wish to continue but if you enjoyed the blip in quality, be it so.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ShockedNov 19, 2017 12:19 AM
Oct 31, 2017 10:59 AM
Apr 2014
LONEwolfpack78 said:
Why in the hell does a group of high school students collectively have power equal to the academy director.

Based on recent events in the manga,
Oct 31, 2017 11:03 AM
Aug 2016
HAYAMI SHO!!! What a dramatic turn of events
Oct 31, 2017 11:03 AM
Jan 2017
Like i said .. the real anime starts from here xD

forgot all the last episodes . the new ones is gonna be awesome with lots of challenges and epic scenes and fights

but i don't know where the anime will stop in the manga (the anime is 24 episodes confirmed)
and this episode took full 4 chapters !!
Oct 31, 2017 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
watching these chapters animated gave a totally different atmosphere, excited for next week's episode
Oct 31, 2017 11:18 AM

Apr 2014
A new age of darkness now arrives to the academy now.
Oct 31, 2017 11:20 AM

Nov 2016
@Pizzagun
There are other things besides quality of writing you know,especially in this anime which wasn't praised for it's writting to begin with,that's not an excuse,but imo there are many aspects aside from that which one could enjoy about it,so I dunno why many people are so salty about mediocre writting when it wasn't much worse than before.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2017 11:24 AM

Sep 2015
Finally!!! Is this gonna have an original ending from the manga or will it just end in a cliffhanger I wonder
Oct 31, 2017 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
@Pizzagun
There are other things besides quality of writing you know,especially in this anime which wasn't praised for it's writting to begin with,that's not an excuse,but imo there are many aspects aside from that which one could enjoy about it,so I dunno why many people are so salty about mediocre writting when it wasn't much worse than before.

Sure you can but I can argue how sns had actaully good writing until stagaire, in fact that was its peak where it perfectly showed the growth, challenges, hurdles of the characters. I wouldn't call it "mediocre" in any way until that.
Oct 31, 2017 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
Most of the episode wasn't that interesting to me. That was an interesting turn of events towards the end though. I found Erina's reaction intriguing.

A couple of thoughts:

* While I like the fact they shook things up, the fact that the top 10 students hold that much power is kind of ridiculous. I'm not particularly bothered by it or think it's a big deal, but the story definitely failed to foreshadow it properly.

* The relationship between Soma and Erina could really use more development. I like Erina's father reaction to his appearance. That scene is a great opportunity for development for Soma and Erina. But opportunities like this have to turn into actual progress. There's a lot of teasing, but not much progress. Does this get better anytime soon? (feel free to spoiler tag a simple yes or no, that's more than enough)

* Still on the topic of teasing... they keep teasing us about Erina's admiration for Soma's father. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll get to see each other or Erina will finally realize he's Soma's father anytime soon. I'd like to see this get somewhere. It's also really convenient that Erina knows him as Saiba rather than Yukihira. I wouldn't be surprised if the name change was for him to draw less attention and settle down. That would be understandable. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this doesn't become the new basement key/locket dilemma that never gets anywhere.
FlamepriesTOct 31, 2017 11:34 AM
Oct 31, 2017 11:30 AM
Aug 2016
Wow never thought of a revolution. Wow im shocked ... wow great episode .. can't wait for the upcoming episode . I'M very suprised lol 😲😲😲😲
5/5
Oct 31, 2017 11:37 AM

Nov 2016
Pizzagun said:
Sure you can but I can argue how sns had actaully good writing until stagaire, in fact that was its peak where it perfectly showed the growth, challenges, hurdles of the characters. I wouldn't call it "mediocre" in any way until that.

I can provide some examples.And with mediocre I meant in contrast to other strenghts and other works.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 31, 2017 11:37 AM
Nov 2016
Damn good episode. I hated Azami when they introduced him in the manga and I hate him even more now.

I can't hate Tsukasa eventhough he sided with Azami. Seems like the time for Souma to prove that people without a gourmet background still belong has come.
Oct 31, 2017 11:41 AM
Sep 2017
In some first episodes of Season 1, Souma's dad wanted to tell Souma on phone about his secret to cooking is to cook for woman you love (something like that). I'm still hoping for that part to become real later in the story, or it might not even appear at all later on, hmmmm
Oct 31, 2017 11:44 AM

May 2010
Holy shit erinas father is a vampire!!
Oct 31, 2017 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
Tsukasa with the minimalist cooking style, letting the ingredient's natural taste shine.
Erina-sama's dad arrives and takes over, letting the student be above the director is stupid and sanzaemon had it coming.
Oct 31, 2017 11:50 AM

Mar 2016
The amount of rindou this episode was a gift by the gods.
Overal another amazing episode 5/5. Love how it is going. This episode made me want to reread the manga lol.
Show is the perfect va for Azami holy shit.
KnotImpOct 31, 2017 12:00 PM
Oct 31, 2017 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
FMmatron said:
Pizzagun said:

I can provide some examples.And with mediocre I meant in contrast to other strenghts and other works.

If you mean the current arc, sure it had some flashes of brilliance just before it

Flashes of brilliance among a sea of mediocrity only in the later parts, yeah imo.
Oct 31, 2017 11:58 AM

Apr 2009
omg hype for the next episodes, do we know how many episodes this season has.

Also which seats voted for this new guy
AForgottenSoulOct 31, 2017 12:15 PM
Oct 31, 2017 12:13 PM

Apr 2015
The twist I have heard many Manga readers talk about and it's finally here... Did not see this coming at all, Poor Erina :/
Oct 31, 2017 12:15 PM

Dec 2011
Here we go.Lord dracula finally appear and now we are up to some really good character development for Erina for the next episodes..
Oct 31, 2017 12:29 PM
May 2017
FlamepriesT said:
Most of the episode wasn't that interesting to me. That was an interesting turn of events towards the end though. I found Erina's reaction intriguing.

A couple of thoughts:

* While I like the fact they shook things up, the fact that the top 10 students hold that much power is kind of ridiculous. I'm not particularly bothered by it or think it's a big deal, but the story definitely failed to foreshadow it properly.

* The relationship between Soma and Erina could really use more development. I like Erina's father reaction to his appearance. That scene is a great opportunity for development for Soma and Erina. But opportunities like this have to turn into actual progress. There's a lot of teasing, but not much progress. Does this get better anytime soon? (feel free to spoiler tag a simple yes or no, that's more than enough)

* Still on the topic of teasing... they keep teasing us about Erina's admiration for Soma's father. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll get to see each other or Erina will finally realize he's Soma's father anytime soon. I'd like to see this get somewhere. It's also really convenient that Erina knows him as Saiba rather than Yukihira. I wouldn't be surprised if the name change was for him to draw less attention and settle down. That would be understandable. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this doesn't become the new basement key/locket dilemma that never gets anywhere.

Your questions will be answered soon and....
Oct 31, 2017 12:29 PM

Dec 2016
I'm not going to accuse some Elites for choosing Erina's father to be the new director. I need to know what exactly is going on first :I
The vampire guy is very scary, no wonder Erina is so afraid of his presence.

Nice episode! >w> Looking forward what happens in the next episodes.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 31, 2017 12:40 PM

Dec 2015
Dun dun dunnnn~

The show just turned a lot more interesting >.<
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 31, 2017 12:43 PM

Oct 2017
Well, what the f***. I've read the manga, but not gonna lie. Azami's appearance still has impact. Shit goes down from here.
Oct 31, 2017 12:43 PM

Nov 2016
FMmatron said:

And finally,Azami made his appearance,he has also an outstanding, unique vibe to him, Hayami Show is doing an excellent job @ voicing him. His encounter with Senzaemon was pretty intense.

Really? I was looking forward to his performance but was very disappointed. Maybe because I was expecting a mix between Mistsuhide and Ayanami.
Oct 31, 2017 12:44 PM

Sep 2017
NEW ARC HYPE!

Boy, Erina's father is just terrifying. She looked just frozen in pure fear, god knows how he trained her when she was younger. Also, we saw the god-like abilities of totsuki's top chef. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 31, 2017 12:47 PM

Jun 2014
Top 10 anime betrayals right here.

Allowing the top 10 students to have that much power definitely backfired, as they've now decided to replace the current director with Erina's dad. That's an interesting decision, so i hope to get clarification on why they did that.

As for Erina's dad, he sure is an ominous guy. I'm looking forward to learning more about him as the show progresses. And Aizen's VA is perfect for him. Everything is going according to keikaku.

Oh yeah and Tsukasa's a godly chef......that kind of got overshadowed by this drama with Erina's dad. Pretty interesting though how he doesn't even ask how the customers like the food.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 31, 2017 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
It's kinda crazy how the vote of 6 students (yes, part of the elite 10... but still kids ffs) can take down the director without any sort of vote from the rest of the students. Just thinking about that is crazy since the rest of the students are kinda fucked if Azami reforms the school
Oct 31, 2017 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
Raichi_ said:
Really? I was looking forward to his performance but was very disappointed. Maybe because I was expecting a mix between Mistsuhide and Ayanami.

That may be the case, you should give him another chance,tho,was also slightly disappointed by Rindous Seiyuu at first,but then I got used to her.Could be the same here.

Oct 31, 2017 1:07 PM

Jun 2014
And with this episode they have caught again my attention 100%
Oct 31, 2017 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
Pizzagun said:
FMmatron said:
@Pizzagun

Imo it didn't drop in quality at all, it was about time that a real antagonist appears who would make things more dramatic. If anything I'm just not really fond of his radical ideology in regards to food,aside from that he's a good villain.

Me, including the majority(Japanese too, just look at the reactions before the current arc, or even the rankings, sales) beg to differ at least, he is a totally shit villain who had no real consequences to the manga(until the end of very last arc but that too is a way out to get him out of the scene as people grew tired of him). Things getting dramatic doesn't make it automatically good, it depends on execution, giving tons of plot armors to mc and pals didn't help either. His ideology also has a lot of flaws and makes absolute zero sense if you think rationally but eh whatever.

I love how he has the power to

The start the anime where it goes down hill from here. I love how Azami is so intimidating for his first debut
Oct 31, 2017 1:56 PM
Aug 2016
Hayami Sho has returned to voice another ruthless, charismatic character. If Azami was voiced by anyone else, I would be disappointed.
Oct 31, 2017 2:00 PM

Feb 2013
So Erina's father is a vampire? lol
Oct 31, 2017 2:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Of course they would have picked Sho Hayami to voice Erina's dad. That man has the greatest job security in Japan.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 31, 2017 2:33 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Really intense episode. It's too bad soma didn't beat the other guy in sales.

Tsukasa is first seat for a reason, looks like his cooking his on a completely different level. I wonder if Soma disagrees with his ethic of taking himself out of the dish? Seems like Soma has always been taught to make a dish that's always has the Yukihira twist to it.

Did not see that final part coming at all. Can't believe the Council of Ten decided that. I wonder how those who voted against it feel about it?

Rindou is also super cute.
Oct 31, 2017 3:20 PM

May 2015
Did not expect an episode like this.... Erina's dad is one terrifying man already. Totsuki's future is looking bleak right now with this man as the new director.

Oct 31, 2017 3:21 PM
Nov 2013
I knew he is about to come, but I’ve gotta say they did his entrance episode so good and scary as it need to be. The va for Azami is much more than perfect, the animation was great and I can’t wait for the next episode. Only felt really bad for Erina, since she’s my favorite character in this series
Oct 31, 2017 3:22 PM

Apr 2015
~Lol that Natsu Dragneel style reaction after the 15th minute though XD

*Azami reminds me of Vamdemon hahahahah*

Interesting plot twist. I'm looking forward to watching this arc.
Oct 31, 2017 3:24 PM

Mar 2016
Omfg so much fucking happen!!!!! Azumi and BASICALLY A coup d’état!!!!!!! Nej$oxjnsjaojcnwnskxjdnwkaka WTTTTFFFF THIS IS SO GOOD OM READYYYY
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2017 3:25 PM

Sep 2016
the current totsuki is so mindlessly barbaric that you can get expelled for whatever reason, it's really hard for me to side with senzaemon-souma side lol. i'd definitely side with aizen for tootsuki reform. but azami is also extreme too since- see u next week.

this aizen regime arc going to be good to pure shit and then to good again later in hopefully s4

erina is also overly dramatic this whole arc is annoying af
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 31, 2017 3:34 PM

Jan 2016
FINALLY, THIS ARC BEGINS! All manga readers have been waiting so long for this
Oct 31, 2017 3:57 PM

Feb 2008
Thanks to VA for Azami it always remind me of that director in Ansatsu Kyoushitsu and voice is fitting evil role as well.
I think it's a good pace so far hopefully they will catch up with manga.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 31, 2017 3:59 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
CONFLICT!!

Getting to the meat of things will hopefully help the pacing from here on out it definitely is showing off the animation better in the second half of the episode. Pretty obvious but seeing the progression of the Elite Ten and everyone's involvement to go back to the status quo will be very satisfying. Along with all the back history of the Nakiri's.

Also noting that Tsukasa is quite interesting then I had imagined with him separating himself from his cooking. How odd. Can't wait to see the 6/10 reasoning for siding with the crazy that is Azami.

FlamepriesT said:

A couple of thoughts:

They had mentioned it a bit in passing in the last 2 seasons but you really didn't understand the weight of those decisions until NOW.
Oct 31, 2017 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
Guys, I don't think I can wait a week for more. Can someone let me know where to continue from in the manga?
Oct 31, 2017 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
The absolute madness!
Oct 31, 2017 4:45 PM

Nov 2012
Just as I forgot how frightening Azami is, the anime covers it, and let me tell you, Erina wasn't the only one shivering. The worst part is, we still didn't get the creepiest Azami :creep:
Oct 31, 2017 4:45 PM

May 2015
Pizzagun said:
FMmatron said:
@Pizzagun

Imo it didn't drop in quality at all, it was about time that a real antagonist appears who would make things more dramatic. If anything I'm just not really fond of his radical ideology in regards to food,aside from that he's a good villain.

Me, including the majority(Japanese too, just look at the reactions before the current arc, or even the rankings, sales) beg to differ at least, he is a totally shit villain who had no real consequences to the manga(until the end of very last arc but that too is a way out to get him out of the scene as people grew tired of him). Things getting dramatic doesn't make it automatically good, it depends on execution, giving tons of plot armors to mc and pals didn't help either. His ideology also has a lot of flaws and makes absolute zero sense if you think rationally but eh whatever.

The majority? Lol, nice joke dude.

Oct 31, 2017 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
Ah yes, Erina's daddy issues arc begins at last. Gonna be fun seeing how the proud, high and mighty Erina is brought down to being a mindbroken little girl.
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.